• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT2| <Title available for purchase>

Michael, gotdamn it, stop changing into "lazy house clothes" attire. Leave the suits on, I'm trying to create a vibe here, JEEZ

Also, can you still earn money from replayed missions like the big heists?

The only thing I can nitpick at is the whole clothes thing in general. When I went to buy him a suit I wanted the charcoal suit with charcoal shirt that is on one of the dummies. But you can only get the suit with a white shirt. So I pick the charcoal shirt separately and it puts the shirt on him, but takes off the suit and puts his shorts back on. Odd why they have done it that way.

Zeliard

That was easily the hardest one I did so far. But yeah, annoying...and to gold you need 40 fucking kills somehow.

In the first rampage a lot of my kills came from just running past people and vehicles and casually dropping grenades right near them. Felt so appropriately reckless for Trevor as well.

Mayyhem

39% completion. I don't think anything can happen in the rest of the game to make this NOT my GOTY 2013.

I've been fading away from gaming slowly every year for the past 5 years but this has really brought the gamer out of me (which I was starting to believe I had lost). Having an absolute blast playing this, and when I'm not playing I'm thinking about when I am going to play again.

Hats off to Rockstar.

Spazznid

ok, i LOVE this game, but there is one thing that i hate: The Rampages. I had to restart the first one 4 or 5 times because everytime i got killed. I went near the water to prevent enemies to spawn behind me and eventually i killed enough enemies after a few tries. I'm not looking forward to the other 4 Rampages...

Cover system. Use it. Makes them so much easier.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
In the first rampage a lot of my kills came from just running past people and vehicles and casually dropping grenades right near them. Felt so appropriately reckless for Trevor as well.

...I didn't even think to see if he had different weapons. Welp.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Sometimes I try to think of Trevor as if Beetlejuice was a real human being.

malfcn

When I hold down and look at Franklin it says there is 1 mission available. But there isn't any green markers on the map, only a couple of blue things for Michael.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
I'd say the ps3 version never goes below 25fps. It feels really solid most of the time.

100% not true, at least on my PS3. Maybe yours has a better GPU!

Nah, but I know what 30 vs 25 vs 20 fps feels like, and this game absolutely does drop down to (or at least close to) 20 in some locations.

Here's a video from the Digital Foundry face-off. At 0:55 (linked) is a perfect example of the pretty awful framerates some parts of the city cause: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=_fbYyMq4cGU#t=55
It stays at 20-24 fps for like 10 seconds there.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
GOD I LOVE SWIMMING UNDER WATER IN THIS

HAVE YOU SEEN THE GRAPHICS ON THE ROCKS BELOW WATER?

SHIEEEEEEEEEET

I'm sure he loves you too. He'd love you like there was no tomorrow and as a substitute for all those hookers.. What says love more than giving you HIV, signed a crazy middleage man from Blaine County.

Hahahahaha

Dresden

The assault shotgun is so rad, but the range on shotguns in general feels overtuned. They basically erase people from almost any distance below sniping range.

george_us

Just got the mission where
Trevor shows up at Michael's
and the ensuing mission was fucking hysterical. Love the characters and the story is getting preeettty good. If this game keeps up it might overtake Dark Souls as my game of the generation.

SpaceHorror

0_0.jpg

I spent quite a bit on customizing the lime green car. On the way back to my safe house some bastard ran a red light and hit it, fucking it up pretty badly. I got out ready to beat his ass, but found that he was killed in the wreck. Sweet justice.

Rizsparky

0_0.jpg

I spent quite a bit on customizing the lime green car. On the way back to my safe house some bastard ran a red light and hit it, fucking it up pretty badly. I got out ready to beat his ass, but found that he was killed in the wreck. Sweet justice.
Have fun losing your car randomly, happened to me a few times now..

0_0.jpg

What model is the lime green car? It's beautiful.

Vehicle saving and recovery is super confusing for no reason. On top of that, the game randomly chooses vehicles to keep in memory that you only drove for 2 minutes, yet it spawns in front of Mike or Franklin's houses 2 hours later. Or you end up paying for some random vehicle at the impound lot like "This ain't even my car doe."

I don't get it.

SpaceHorror

Where do you find the supercars?

I'd like to take the Veyron and Zonda esque ones for a spin.

Stole them both from the fine citizens of Vinewood Hills. Almost bought a car, but thought, fuck that, I'm a criminal.

And yeah, I'm worried about losing them, which is why I've taken to stealing cars unless I have trouble finding a rare car I really want. True customization can be as expensive as you wish, but at least the cost of the car is cut out.

RdN

Guys, I finally could sit and play the game.

I just got control over Michael, so I went to his house to check things, but his family acting weird. I don't know if it's a bug or something, but the spouse, daughter and maid are just standing there, like statues! His daughter is even standing on top of the sofa.. And his kid is nowhere to be seem. There's no way to interact with any of them.

I've tried saving in the bed to see if they'd move with the time change, but they're all still standing in the same spot, move-less.

Is this normal? Or am I'm facing some bug? If so, anyone knows how to reset them?

Guys, I finally could sit and play the game.

I just got control over Michael, so I went to his house to check things, but his family acting weird. I don't know if it's a bug or something, but the spouse, daughter and maid are just standing there, like statues! His daughter is even standing on top of the sofa.. And his kid is nowhere to be seem. There's no way to interact with any of them.

I've tried saving in the bed to see if they'd move with the time change, but they're all still standing in the same spot, move-less.

Is this normal? Or am I'm facing some bug? If so, anyone knows how to reset them?

Happened to a bunch of people. Just leave. It'll fix itself eventually. Go play Tennis in the backyard or something.

Gawge

One problem (like with a lot of open-world games) - has been dialogue when driving within missions. I often get to the marker before the dialogue is finished, and actually in one mission, I stopped before the marker to hear some more dialogue, and it was a pretty massive part of Michael's back-story. How can such an important part of the story be missed so easily?

Not only that, but you probably miss out on one of the 'ticks' (for speed) at the end of missions if you sit listening to dialogue. I'm not too bothered about the mission rankings for now - but it does seem a little odd.

So I just realized something really kinda odd/crappy about this game: Why can't you take off your shoes/shirt? I got a pool in my crib and was thinking I'd go for a dip but who the hell would hop in the pool with some damn boots on?

Nitpicky, I guess, but also a strange thing to omit.

JAYSIMPLE

Banned
This game. It's genuinely made me not care for next gen yet. I know we won't get a game on this scope for ages in the next gen of consoles. I'm gutted. Genuinely now wrestling with the thought of cancelling my xbox one pre order and pick up a ps4 coz it's paid off but probably not play it. I can see myself playing this for months

Macro.

Banned
39% completion. I don't think anything can happen in the rest of the game to make this NOT my GOTY 2013.

I've been fading away from gaming slowly every year for the past 5 years but this has really brought the gamer out of me (which I was starting to believe I had lost). Having an absolute blast playing this, and when I'm not playing I'm thinking about when I am going to play again.

Hats off to Rockstar.

Brilliantly said and I feel exactly the same way.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
Does anyone know what stuff does or doesn't count towards 100%?

In the in-game 100% tracker it doesn't seem like much is being counted towards completion but I think that might be because a LOT of stuff is lumped into hobbies? I think the tracker is left intentionally vague to not spoil what activities there are.

I've done 4 offroad races, and I'm thinking (or at least I'm hoping) that completing all of them will tick off one of the 60+ hobbies, for example.

Likewise, I think there's a lot more than ~20 Strangers and Freaks missions, but many of them are actually chains of missions, and they don't count towards completion until they're all done? I've completed 7 S&F missions but only 2 are listed in my 100% tracker, for example.

If anyone has any more details I would appreciate it :)

I found a letter on one of the Vinewood signs.

Leonora Johnson is a character in Grand Theft Auto V. Not much is know about her other than that there is a mystery about her. Collecting 50 letter scraps will unlock the mission.

I love me some collectables.

I'm still really early on but I thought I would go explore the world, so I found a jetski and went driving. First I stumble across some research lab and get my ass handed to me.

Next I went driving and accidentally stumbled into an army base and again killed instantly .

Then I thought I would explore the mountains and got killed by a cougar.

This damn game lol.

Vehicle saving and recovery is super confusing for no reason. On top of that, the game randomly chooses vehicles to keep in memory that you only drove for 2 minutes, yet it spawns in front of Mike or Franklin's houses 2 hours later. Or you end up paying for some random vehicle at the impound lot like "This ain't even my car doe."

I don't get it.

I can always get a sports car from those big walk-in garages or Trevor's airfield helipad. Those place must be where vehicles bought online will appear. Hopefully you can customize those in some way since they're the only ones that seem reliably safe.

eso76

100% not true, at least on my PS3. Maybe yours has a better GPU!

It stays at 20-24 fps for like 10 seconds there.

Which is not terrible for a game like this, IMHO.
Granted, I don't usually drive (or drive fast) in GTA V because the amount of detail everywhere is stunning.

That's my problem with all GTA's and most open world sandboxes; using vehicles somewhat breaks immersion and sense of scale, maybe they are too fast, maybe it's the camera (but bumper cam doesn't solve the issue) maybe it's the driving model itself, or the frame rate. My game should be called grand theft on foot because strolling in los Santos is an incredibly immersive and beautiful experience and i think racing everywhere kills it.

Which is not terrible for a game like this, IMHO.
Granted, I don't usually drive (or drive fast) in GTA V because the amount of detail everywhere is stunning.

That's my problem with all GTA's and most open world sandboxes; using vehicles somewhat breaks immersion and sense of scale, maybe they are too fast, maybe it's the camera (but bumper cam doesn't solve the issue) maybe it's the driving model itself, or the frame rate. My game should be called grand theft on foot because strolling in los Santos is an incredibly immersive and beautiful experience and i think racing everywhere kills it.

That is why you grab a bicycle!

sdornan

It's so goddamn frustrating that there's no option to retry if you die during an off-road race. You just respawn at the nearest hospital and have to travel back to where the race is.

I've found one in some random ruined area in the desert. I saw an ingame tweet talk about her and there's an entire site about it, it seems neat.

I found one in some random cave off the coast as I was circumnavigating the map. Grabbed that one and decided I'd wait for a map/guide to do the rest because I'm not a crazy person.

Top Bottom