• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT2| <Title available for purchase>

Those loosing cars, did you buy the extra garage and store the cars there? Each character seems to have his own space where they can store a ton of cars in. I worked on a few cars and parked them im there. Hopefully I don't lose them.

How do I pull in my landing gear? (PS3)

R3

So I just bought a $700,000 car, a garage and after using the car once it's... gone? Really?

That fucking sucks.

Keep checking out the impound lot. I noticed that it saves the cars you lost in order. Customized or not. The downside is if you lost your $700000 car after losing a cheaper car, stolen or purchased, customized or not, you have to first take out the cheaper car so the lot(both of them) is empty for your $700000 car to spawn.

bill0527

Anyone else get that sinking feeling if utter defeat, when you spend thousands of dollars buying stock in a certain company, and turns out your next heist is to rob that company blind? Shit.

Derrick01

Banned
The collectibles are ridiculously hard to find in this game. It's kind of a negative imo. Collectibles done right in open world games are when there's a good combination of easy to find collectibles and hard to find ones. This game just has hard to find ones. Very hard to find ones. I've been exploring quite a lot and I've foudn a grand total of one collectible.

Yeah I'm not usually a fan of collectibles but this game already has so much content that I think they'll actually improve this even more, especially since it seems like collecting those pages have actual value and unlock missions if you get them all and don't just exist to tick a box.

There have been so many corners of places I've ran to and so many ladders on buildings that I've climbed only to get up there and find nothing. The level of detail there impressed me but it's like that stuff is only there to add a bit more detail and realism to the environment.

sammyCYBORG said:
So I just bought a $700,000 car, a garage and after using the car once it's... gone? Really?

That fucking sucks.

Yeah I've seen lots of cars for sale on the internet but until they fix this car ownership issue the game has then there's no point blowing all the money.

I'm going to. A huge heist, and losing money. I guess you 'could' go back for it, maybe? But I'm going best of the best each round, it just makes sense. [first heist spoiler]
I just figured since we weren't going to be shooting (went the gas route) that I didn't need a hired gun to be effective, I didn't realize the dumbshit would crash the bike with a large part of the take

haha did the exact same thing with the exact same reasoning!

Plane controls weren't bad for me.....just wish the damn police hadn't shot out my engines so I could have a good run with it.

I stole a plane once, only to realize after two minutes that my left engine had stopped working. I went into a downward spiral, tried to jump out...

And ended up getting swatted into oblivion by the spiraling carcass of my plane.

Alpende

I'm going to. A huge heist, and losing money. I guess you 'could' go back for it, maybe? But I'm going best of the best each round, it just makes sense. [first heist spoiler]
I just figured since we weren't going to be shooting (went the gas route) that I didn't need a hired gun to be effective, I didn't realize the dumbshit would crash the bike with a large part of the take

First heist spoiler
Franklin said he took the guy's take when he fell in my game

Mr YuYu

In relation to all of the complaints about pop-in etc;

It's very strange and seems to be random rather than strictly abiding to certain versions. The PSN version is suppose to have a lot of pop-in, yet I have sunk 11 hours into the game so far and haven't seen any obvious, noticeable examples of this.

My housemate has the 360 disc version, and installed it as recommended. He is at more of less the same point as me, but I have noticed a massive amount of pop-in in his game, it's actually horrible (e.g. fences, trash cans, and building textures loading in as he is almost beside them).

This could be his 360 HDD acting up. I had the same problem.
I have a 250gb slim and the first time i played GTA 5 textures were indeed loading in very VERY late. I had to format my HDD to get it to run properly.

Hixx

I have failed missions 3 or 4 times now due to stupid AI. Talking about the multiple PoV missions.

About 50% through the game spoilers:
the mission where you pose as traffic police to steal 2 high-end cars. First part fine, simple. When you get the cars, fucking Trevor has crashed and destroyed his car once so I decided I'll do this part as him next time. Only Michael crashes his car the second time around.

Some incredible bullshit, things like this voiding getting gold ratings on missions are going to be a real pain.

Zeliard

Update:
Just rode in the car again (inside view) you can subtely hear a clunk as each gear change occurs, this stuff never ends.
Raced to the top of the observatory mountain to see the sunset and get a photo - in first person view on a bike up the mountain........ jesu christo amazing.
Sat on the bike, radio is running, lining up photo, girl on chair in front of me just turns around to see why I'm loitering,....... wow
There's graffiti on the public seating.
The moon is actually moving in some kind of orbit (advanced for "GTA time") you can see it moving through the sky.
The moon illuminates the clouds it's near.
In the settings for your phone you can enable vibrate (off by default) - the controller vibrates with a call...........
Helicopters blow up leaves / dust when landing
Pot holes in the road actually bump the car around
You can't put the headlights on high beam in daytime.

Seriously, does anyone else think this needs it's own thread? I'd love a full list of shit like this.

The attention to detail is definitely very strong, befitting the expensive production values and lengthy development cycle. There's a thread here where people are posting more of that stuff: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=681733

Sonix90

Neo Member
The collectibles are ridiculously hard to find in this game. It's kind of a negative imo. Collectibles done right in open world games are when there's a good combination of easy to find collectibles and hard to find ones. This game just has hard to find ones. Very hard to find ones. I've been exploring quite a lot and I've foudn a grand total of one collectible.

Chop was supposed to help you finding them, but before you can use him, you have to train the dog in that fucking app that's still iPhone only.

wizzbang

Banned
Just beeped my horn, randomly at a woman in sandy flats - she was just standing on the corner (not a hooker I don't think) and I hassled her 4 times with the horn, she said "I'm calling the cops if you keep it up" - sure enough bitch called the cops on me.
Sticky bombed her.

Quick question, when you hold down the errr... down button, and that character radial interface appears, what do those numbers mean below each character? Thanks.

God it took me four tries to land that damn plane in the
well the first mission where you pilot a plane with Trevor, delivering guns in the ocean
. Are planes prominently featured in obligatory missions? I really can't seem to be able to land them.

Also,
is it worth buying that hangar thing where you land your plane? It costs some $ 150,000 and I would only be making $7,000/5,000 per delivery, it would take forever to make that money back. Do you also get a permanent flow of money from your property?

QP3

I wish I could switch to Trevor, "send him" to waypoint x on the other side of the goddamn map, then switch back to another character while Trevor continues to the waypoint. This way I could play the other character instead of just driving point to point.

God it took me four tries to land that damn plane in the
well the first mission where you pilot a plane with Trevor, delivering guns in the ocean
. Are planes prominently featured in obligatory missions? I really can't seem to be able to land them.

Also,
is it worth buying that hangar thing where you land your plane? It costs some $ 150,000 and I would only be making $7,000/5,000 per delivery, it would take forever to make that money back. Do you also get a permanent flow of money from your property?

I found landing hard as well. as for your second question
I bought the hangar. It opens up missions where you can make decent cash, plus you get like $12k/week just for owning it. I think the game kind of "wanted" you to buy it. Also, soon the flying lessons open up in LS. Do those if you are having difficulties!

Tawpgun

I wish I could switch to Trevor, "send him" to waypoint x on the other side of the goddamn map, then switch back to another character while Trevor continues to the waypoint. This way I could play the other character instead of just driving point to point.
Would be a good idea.

Got lucky on the first heist with similar teams to what I've seen here.

I picked the best driver, best hacker, but, lamest gunman -- not thinking that'd influence his bike ability, but, I was taking it slow and just happened to immediately run over the take when it fell. If I hadn't done so, do you have to go back and find the bag?

Call a cab. With that you would need like 20 hours trough the game.

yeah... i just don't think the $2000 or w/e for sending people to the occult group place is worth the 10min back and forth commute.

It's kinda hilarious that Trevor starts with way more money than frank or mike.

Not a fan that many mission objectives require headshots. i can freaking 1 hit kill most enemies with a shotgun at range with a bodyshot, why wait for headshot?

I picked the best driver, best hacker, but, lamest gunman -- not thinking that'd influence his bike ability, but, I was taking it slow and just happened to immediately run over the take when it fell. If I hadn't done so, do you have to go back and find the bag?

I think the timing is pretty tight and it might even fail you if you behind the guy ahead of you (if you try and stop I mean).

I saw him fall and just slammed on Franklin's ability and drove over the bag.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Okay, choppers are seriously terrible in this game. Not a big fan of the plane controls, either.

Both feel great to me. Been flying Trevor's helicopter all over the place, so much fun. What do you find terrible about it? Is it just that it takes some effort to fly them in a precise and controller manner? Well, that additional challenge (as opposed to them basically flying themselves, which seems to be what some people want) is part of what makes it fun to me.

Just take one for a spin (outside of flight school) and learn how it reponds to your various inputs. Once it "clicks" the helicopter becomes like an extension of yourself, and you'll be pulling off tight maneuvres with ease. It's awesome.

wizzbang

Banned
There's a mission where a plane crashes into a particular location -
they say "if you get a submersible you might be able to get the parts there - it's the jet which Trevor crashes

Anyone done this or know how ? I don't have
my own submersible yet? Even though I've used one now.

I don't know, in my game I just lost part of the take. Lester really should have mentioned he would have to drive the bike as well. I assume it was the driver who was actually carrying the largest portion of the money? I also picked that lame guy I met in the lifeinvader headquarters as hacker and I wasn't even able to smash all the windows in Vangelico in the short time I had got. What a failure.

I found landing hard as well. as for your second question
I bought the hangar. It opens up missions where you can make decent cash, plus you get like $12k/week just for owning it. I think the game kind of "wanted" you to buy it. Also, soon the flying lessons open up in LS. Do those if you are having difficulties!
Cool thanks! Guess I'll go back and buy it then.

wizzbang

Banned
Okay, choppers are seriously terrible in this game. Not a big fan of the plane controls, either.

Planes seem fine, choppers are infuriatingly twitchy and stupid. All the great GTA4 physics got fucked up for "more responsive" stuff - because some goons on the internet don't understand what "inertia" is sadly.

j-wood

Can someone explain how the cheat codes are going to work? I saw that if you use some, it disables trophies. I really only care to use some when I'm screwing around and won't save on my own, but what happens with autosave? If you save after using a cheat are you totally screwed for the rest of the game?

QP3

Not a fan that many mission objectives require headshots. i can freaking 1 hit kill most enemies with a shotgun at range with a bodyshot, why wait for headshot?

As for the extra money that Trevor has,
I assumed they wanted you to buy the hangar with that money.

I, for the most part, am ignoring the mission specific objectives at least my first time through. it feel more "real" when I am not just pop-shotting headshots the entire time. I get a kick out of shooting someone in the leg when I am in a rush, then being like "Oh shit!' and finishing them off on the ground.

edit: p.s. I despise the helicopters but I am goddamn Tom Cruise with the planes.

I don't know, in my game I just lost part of the take. Lester really should have mentioned he would have to drive the bike as well. I assume it was the driver who was actually carrying the largest portion of the money? I also picked that lame guy I met in the lifeinvader headquarters as hacker and I wasn't even able to smash all the windows in Vangelico in the short time I had got. What a failure.

I guess I got lucky.
with the best hacker, got all the jewels and picked up the bag along the way. I think I cleared 750ish with Michael? Franklin got somewhere in the mid 200s. Plus paying off the debt.

Did anyone make a choice of the not Oceans 11 route and how did that go?

Megasoum

Banned
yeah... i just don't think the $2000 or w/e for sending people to the occult group place is worth the 10min back and forth commute.

He is a CEO afterall lol

RaikuHebi

Banned
Just finished the story. Really poor, felt like it ended all of a sudden and didn't build up in any meaningful way.

Also something I've thought throughout the game and it has turned out be true...It's too easy. GTA used to have those brick walls where you had to really concentrate and get into it to pass certain missions but I never ran into that issue in this game at all. Stormed through it with no trouble, very few mission failed states. I wasn't busted once in my whole play through.

I think the timing is pretty tight and it might even fail you if you behind the guy ahead of you (if you try and stop I mean).

I saw him fall and just slammed on Franklin's ability and drove over the bag.

I accidentally picked up the bag not realising you could do. It wasn't until I finished did Franklin confirm I picked it up.
I should've chosen the best hacker; the female named Paige [something].

Lima

Just finished the story. Really poor, felt like it ended all of a sudden and didn't build up in any meaningful way.

Also something I've thought throughout the game and it has turned out be true...It's too easy. GTA used to have those brick walls where you had to really concentrate and get into it to pass certain missions but I never ran into that issue in this game at all. Stormed through it with no trouble, very few mission failed states. I wasn't busted once in my whole play through.

Let me guess. You didn't play with Free Aim right?

Top Bottom