• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT2| <Title available for purchase>

Thanks will try when I get home.

GTA IV Spoiler
In TLAD Johnny's motor club loses it's president and club and they leave town. In GTA V Johnny is addicted to meth and basically lets trevor say whatever (including sex with his girlfriend).

ok that makes sense now lol

and now
johnny
's brain is on tervor's shoe.

Lima

So I got my 100% done yesterday but I'm still left wondering how in the world I am supposed to get 150 mil to buy the golf club.

GTA IV Spoiler
In TLAD Johnny's motor club loses it's president and club and they leave town. In GTA V Johnny is addicted to meth and basically lets trevor say whatever (including sex with his girlfriend).

Almost all my characters have beards, michael looks like jeff bridges i think.

C05qzTW.jpg

How. Did you. Get that tie.

Robso

Sorry if already mentioned. Is it just me or are plane controls horrid?
On the Trevor mission where you first use a plane in the game and I'm finding it awful to control.

uberluigi

Banned
On the Trevor mission where you first use a plane in the game and I'm finding it awful to control.
Yeah same here
died once trying to fly low near the army base but after the second try kinda got used to it. Try using the rudder buttons or whatever its called to make sharp turns.

Septimius

Hahaha, so I just changed to Trevor, and he was out on a scooter going

"We are scooter-brothers! Wooouuuh!"
"Where are we goin' today, scooter-brothers?!"

The hell did I just stumble into? :D

Question for anyone who has beat the game: should I make alternate saves so the game doesn't screw me at the end by taking away a character, or abilities, or vehicles or anything like that? Or do I not have to worry? I'm not really looking for story spoilers, I just want to know if I'm going to spoiler for another Rockstar game ->
get Read Dead Redemption'd at the end or anything like that
. Thanks.

Edit: and if such a thing happens when would be a good time to set aside a save for future screwing around purposes?

Raven77

you have to use the shoulder buttons, L1 and R1 turn the plane. Its best if you (if on PS3) put your middle fingers on the L2 - R2 buttons and your index fingers on the L1 - R1 buttons. Once I adjusted, flying became much more manageable.

Lima

Yeah but...

It took me forever to 100$ GTAIV

To find everything, do every side mission, etc etc. I would think the 100% criteria for GTAV would be higher.

No? I was one of the first people to get 100% in GTA 4 and got that stupid Key to the City from them for that.

The only thing that kinda took long in GTA 4 were the pigeons, collectibles in 5 are much more manageable because most of them show up on the map and the ones that don't can be found using Chop.

White Man

Do bail bond missions not show up on the map? I just got a message that one is available, but I do not see it indicated on the map.

terrible

Banned
Had the game since last Sunday night and played it over 85 hours.

Nice. Any word on if there'll be a prize like the key to the city with GTA IV for this game? That could motivate me to continue playing GTA V like it's my full time job lol.

Cheddahz

Banned
I have a dumb tech question. My game looks dry now (like GTAIV dry) and there's barely any color now, is this a glitch or is this how it is suppose to look like?

duckroll

The controls are pretty good, but its not something that's intuitive to control initially. Attempting to control them like a car will generally result in a quick crash. Moving left and right on the analog stick should be avoided completely if you're close to the surface or any objects (trees/mountains/etc). You don't need to use them. Use up and down to pitch up and down to control your altitude, use R1 and L1 to do any sort of turning while maintaining the balance of the plane. It's really not that hard once you get used to it, and I find them really fun to fly.

I have a dumb tech question. My game looks dry now (like GTAIV dry) and there's barely any color now, is this a glitch or is this how it is suppose to look like?

Is the city misty? Sometimes there can be heavy fog which blocks sunlight and makes everything kinda flat.

Lima

Nice. Any word on if there'll be a prize like the key to the city with GTA IV for this game? That could motivate me to continue playing GTA V like it's my full time job lol.

Haven't heard anything like that. If there is Rockstar hasn't announced it I think.

Septimius

Question for anyone who has beat the game: should I make alternate saves so the game doesn't screw me at the end by taking away a character, or abilities, or vehicles or anything like that? Or do I not have to worry? I'm not really looking for story spoilers, I just want to know if I'm going to spoiler for another Rockstar game ->
. Thanks.

..How very specific of you. Another Rockstar game, eh? Be more specific, I am not touching this spoiler.

Lima

Do bail bond missions not show up on the map? I just got a message that one is available, but I do not see it indicated on the map.

Yeah they don't show up on the map. You need to read the email and look at the picture provided to get an idea where to find the target. Took me a couple hours to complete them all.

Andrew.

Banned
So I've kept that wild bowl cut punk hairdo for Trevor for quite a while now and all of a sudden I noticed that it's grown back or at least it's growing back. Fucking awesome.

Flight controls are excellent in the game, apart from the random wobbles (that I guess are supposed to be turbulence). Planes are the same as they've always been, though more responsive, and helicopters are better than ever. They have a learning curve, though, and if you come in with your GTA IV muscle memory you'll need a lot of practise. V's choppers are faster and more manoeuvrable than any other GTA's, but the controls are extremely sensitive. Fly around for a few hours and you'll be swooping under bridges and threading between buildings like a champ.

I'm finding it hard to save planes at Trevor's airfield in Sandy Shores, though. I have the Duster saved there, and it respawns every time I come back, but I haven't been able to replace it with anything. The helipad works just fine, if a bit cumbersome; I fly a new chopper to the airfield, move the spawned chopper off the helipad, land the new one on it and it's saved for good. With planes, though, I move the Duster out of the hangar, taxi the new plane in, fly off for a while and come back to find the Duster back again. Does the hangar have a 'Press right on the D-pad to select vehicle' prompt like the helipad does?

My only problem with the game is I wish I had more time to play it. Working and studying for the mcats but I've been losing sleep to this game it's crazy. After the midnight release I walked into work the next morning with blood-shut eyes colleges were asking if I was high. GTA5 does that to me.

Lima

. Thanks.

Edit: and if such a thing happens when would be a good time to set aside a save for future screwing around purposes?

Alright I will try my best to answer this without giving away too much.

Basically make a save after the mission called "The Big Score" and before starting the next mission as Franklin. You will see why.

Hahaha, so I just changed to Trevor, and he was out on a scooter going

"We are scooter-brothers! Wooouuuh!"
"Where are we goin' today, scooter-brothers?!"

The hell did I just stumble into? :D

Last time I transitioned to him, he was chasing another car down the L.A. River yelling, "I'm sorry I showed you my thingy!" Having no idea why, I ended up chasing the dude until his car died, and then beat the man to death when he got out. I figured that's what Trevor would have wanted. :)

So I've kept that wild bowl cut punk hairdo for Trevor for quite a while now and all of a sudden I noticed that it's grown back or at least it's growing back. Fucking awesome.

Yeah someone else said Trevor's shaved head grows back too. Is it only him? I've been rocking Michael's bald head and it hasn't grown, but maybe it just takes a long time.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Tried to play the game without my stereo headphones.

Can't. Can't go back to that game without making proper use of the sound design.

hayguyz

Banned
ok I'm at a point where large green circles are on the map, I guess it's for Franklin to find cars or something. How do I know what I'm looking for?

Alright I will try my best to answer this without giving away too much.

Basically make a save after the mission called "The Big Score" and before starting the next mission as Franklin. You will see why.
OK thanks a lot. I really appreciate it.

Yeah someone else said Trevor's shaved head grows back too. Is it only him? I've been rocking Michael's bald head and it hasn't grown, but maybe it just takes a long time.

During one mission,
the one for the Scientology-esque cult
, Michael ended up in the middle of the desert after being knocked out, and he had grown out a beard. Don't know if that was triggered by the mission, or if it was just a natural part of time having passed in the game.

anddo0

GAF I need your help. GTA is really starting to piss me off.

I can't use the stock market (LCN or BAWSAQ) with Franklin or Michael. The only person with access is Trevor. When I attempt to make a purchase with either Franklin or Michael. It says "The market is down for maintenance". I get this message for LCN, which shouldn't be, because it's offline.

wtf is going on with my game?
I tried loading an older save and it's the same issue.

Andrew.

Banned

So far I've noticed it's only Trevor. My Michael's head is shaved as well. Looks badass with that full beard and sport shades that you can buy at Ammu Nation

Top Bottom