• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT2| <Title available for purchase>

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
Anyone able to access the GTAV section on the social club website?

Keeps telling me it's unavailable. The servers still getting absolutely hammered?

Grisby

Didn't know that random missions repeat. That is the second time I have failed to
save the guy at the construction site. Poor dude.

Linius

Didn't know that random missions repeat. That is the second time I have failed to
save the guy at the construction site. Poor dude.

I did that today, was in time to save him. Then he didn't gave me a reward so I put a bullet in his head. I lived happily ever after.

Romez

Are you not allowed to change Michael's clothes? He's the only character where the clothes i pick for him change.

I change Franklin and Trevor and they stay, i bought some expensive clothes from Ponsonbys for Michael and it changed to shorts and a polo, It's so annoying.

Damn the third bounty:

dude at the top of the mountain just take the gondola up there. He base jumps off the mountain and I jumped after him in my dirt bike and died. Second time I hit him by accident with my bike and he died lol. I don't know how you can get him alive without a parachute yourself. Oh well he's dead now and Maude sends me an angry email not to kill anymore fugitives and on to the next one.

Having said that, how do I equips the parachute while on the ground to base jump? Trevor currently has a parachute I think I found it near the gondola exit at the top of a mountain and I see the icon in my weapon wheel next to my sniper rifle but no idea how to equip it?

kris.

Banned
Damn the third bounty:

dude at the top of the mountain just take the gondola up there. He base jumps off the mountain and I jumped after him in my dirt bike and died. Second time I hit him by accident with my bike and he died lol. I don't know how you can get him alive without a parachute yourself. Oh well he's dead now and Maude sends me an angry email not to kill anymore fugitives and on to the next one.

Having said that, how do I equips the parachute while on the ground to base jump? Trevor currently has a parachute I think I found it near the gondola exit at the top of a mountain and I see the icon in my weapon wheel next to my sniper rifle but no idea how to equip it?

Pretty sure it automatically gets equipped once you jump.

Pretty sure it automatically gets equipped once you jump.
No, but there's one at the gondola station to pick up for that mission.

Anyone know where the 4th bounty is? Looks like a tiny shantytown in the countryside but I've never seen one in my travels.

NeoGiff

Damn the third bounty:

There's a parachute
right next to the dirt bike
near him and his friend. All you have to do to activate the parachute is press X (PS3) or A (360) while midair - no equipping necessary.

-Kees-

The quarry is south-east from trevor's home. there is also an offroad-race.

The 2nd job... I have no clue. The picture is SOOOOO unremarkable. I dunno where that is at all.

It's pretty much dead center of the whole map. It's south of the shark fin looking collection of roads south of Alamo, west of the prison in Blaine county and directly north of the Hollywood bowl looking place. Up a dirt road a little bit and near an old barn.

Are you not allowed to change Michael's clothes? He's the only character where the clothes i pick for him change.

I change Franklin and Trevor and they stay, i bought some expensive clothes from Ponsonbys for Michael and it changed to shorts and a polo, It's so annoying.

They all will change their clothes as time passes, they will even cycle in clothes you have bought for them. Makes sense to not wear the same outfit for days.

pringles

The quarry is south-east from trevor's home. there is also an offroad-race.

The 2nd job... I have no clue. The picture is SOOOOO unremarkable. I dunno where that is at all.
I really like these jobs because you have to figure it out without obvious map markers. Pro-tip: the iOS manual includes a detailed map which makes it much easier to find the locations.

360 version here playing on benq monitor
disc 1 hdd, disc 2 flash

whats up with the shaded areas, they are more noticeable at night
or is it normal

Lima

They all will change their clothes as time passes, they will even cycle in clothes you have bought for them. Makes sense to not wear the same outfit for days.

But most people here like to wear the same clothes for a couple week it seems. Wonder if they do it in real life too hmm.

Zukuu

Banned
I really like these jobs because you have to figure it out without obvious map markers. Pro-tip: the iOS manual includes a detailed map which makes it much easier to find the locations.

Pro tip failed: I don't have a smart phone.

It's pretty much dead center of the whole map. It's south of the shark fin looking collection of roads south of Alamo, west of the prison in Blaine county and directly north of the Hollywood bowl looking place. Up a dirt road a little bit and near an old barn.

Will try to locate that. Have almost the whole map discovered so I need to look at the mail again, if I still have it.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
dat Los Santos shirt Mr. Kojima

Metal-Gear-Solid-V-Press-Interviews-2.jpg

Darklord

Banned
I'm really looking forward to the weekend. Been too busy with work and so tired that I've put maybe 5 hours in the entire week. Now to sink some real hours in.

Mikey Jr.

The clothes thing is fucking weird. Trevor keeps changing to his fucking poo-stained sweatpants all the time, lol. But yeah, they all change to some random outfit once in a while. Including Michael. I've seen it. Best to just buy all the clothes and just roll with whatever they have decided to wear that day. Thats what I'm doing.

SJRB

Gold Member
Jesus, FlyLo FM is such an incredible radio station. Even though the entire "broadcast" is only 45 minutes or so [after which is simply repeats] I just can't get enough of it.

Flying Lotus is godlike.

Finalow

this game is looking so good, damn. I wish I had the time to play it all day long. &#65377;&#65381;&#65439;&#65381;(&#65417;&#1044;`)&#65381;&#65439;&#65381;&#65377;

Since I can't make a thread I thought I'd post this here. Toy's R US are also having a discount on GTAV copies:

"That's because coupon code FRIENDS20 will get you 20% off almost anything you order at Toys"R"Us — including brand-new copies of GTA5!

That's only $47.99 for the hottest game of the year! But you better act fast: this offer is only good through Saturday, September 21st!

So get clicking — and don't forget to use coupon code FRIENDS20 at checkout!"

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=23265256

Got busted for the first time.

Jacked a car, but then abandoned it as soon as I pulled the dude out to get a haircut. Guess he called the cops, because I got busted in the middle of a cut.

Glad that I lost all my ammo though. Felt OP having all these guns and endless ammo. Personally, I was hoping for medical bills to be even higher depending on your wanted level. There always comes a point where you are overflowing with money in GTA, I like constantly having to scratch my way to things

pringles

Pro tip failed: I don't have a smart phone.
It's possible to find by using the included paper map too, just more difficult. The photo should give away enough details to show roughly the area, pay close attention to the shape of the roads and use your best detective skills ;) They really should have allowed for zooming in on the emailed photos though.

Zukuu

Banned
It's possible to find by using the included paper map too, just more difficult. The photo should give away enough details to show roughly the area, pay close attention to the shape of the roads and use your best detective skills ;) They really should have allowed for zooming in on the emailed photos though.

Don't have a physical copy either xD

I was able to find him just now. With the whole map discovered it was easy enough. Back than I barely had anything lit up on the map for obvious reasons. Now I'm 70% in, so I've been around.

Thanks gaf tho, the "south" in the middle made it a lot easier.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
I have a dumb tech question. My game looks dry now (like GTAIV dry) and there's barely any color now, is this a glitch or is this how it is suppose to look like?

I had this once. Died but didn't get the "Wasted" screen, and then when I got out of the hospital things were colorless and dark. Stayed that way until I died again. Clearly a bug.

carlos

Seems like its a good thing the online is still locked, it would've been a clusterfuck for rockstar to try to estimate the number of sales and players trying to connect.

They should have a very good idea what to expect for Oct. 1st; let's hope for the best.
I hope everyone is enjoying the SP, they seemed to really listen to the flaws of IV and fixed them.

Getting golds in these Stunts Plane Time Trials with Queen and Phill Collins on the radio in the night sky >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Also, that gratification after getting bronze on all of them the first time and managing to improve >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

GTAV >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Videogames >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Omni

I'm 40 missions into the story now.

After some quiet contemplation I've realised that I need to stop playing... I've been neglecting uni assignments over the last week.

Feels bad man.jpg

Do weapons feel too...similar to anyone else?

I mean, I don't feel any recoil/kickback and I feel some guns like the shotgun are awfully powerful long range. How big of a difference do the accessories like grip make?

Zukuu

Banned
I don't know why, but Micheal's using some ugly red grand senona car I stole randomly to get to a mission, and ever since it spawns as my normal vehicle. I have it so long now and it went with me through so much shit, that I went ahead and fully tuned it (which was way cheaper than to tune a sports car). Actually rather decent now, and it spawns fully tuned every time.

Kind of a story you'll remember for yourself.

Btw, Matte Black >>> all other colors.

SJRB

Gold Member
Is Bawsaq tied to Social Club being down or something? I constantly get the "undergoing maintenance" message.

duckroll

Is Bawsaq tied to Social Club being down or something? I constantly get the "undergoing maintenance" message.

Yes. Social Club is fucking stuff up big time. Rockstar needs to take that 1 billion dollars and put it into servers. GTA Online is going to be hell. :(

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Yes. Social Club is fucking stuff up big time. Rockstar needs to take that 1 billion dollars and put it into servers. GTA Online is going to be hell. :(

My hope is, that's why they had the 2 week gap. Launch the single player game (with all the "connectivity" to see amounts of players and "prime time" playing hours, and try to be "prepared" for the launch of Online.

anddo0

It's tied to RSC. So is LCN to some extent. I receive the error message for it. So no way it's totally offline.

Check your cellphone, go to the media section, click on Fame or Shame etc... if the video on those pages say unavailable, chances are you won't be able to connect to Bawsaq.

Way too much online connectivity required for this game.

It's only the first week of a massively selling game. Things are going to get sorted out. Name a huge blockbuster game that didn't have online problems launch week.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!

Yeah I am quite convinced that BAWSAQ is completely non functioning either by not being able to access it or by simply having stocks not do a damn thing because the Social Club is getting hammered by user requests.

And I am seriously hoping that by the time it gets worked out my 1$ dollar a share investment in Hawk and Little goes up big time and rakes me in tons of cash. I am putting every cent I have into this stock. Michael is at 3 million, while Trevor and Franklin are at 1.6 million. Even if it goes up to just 10 bucks thats some nice cash. But seeing as most every other stock on BAWSAQ is in the hundreds, good lord I would faint if it suddenly went up to a couple hundred or even thousand like a good few are.

Top Bottom