• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT2| <Title available for purchase>

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Had a random event as Franklin:
right after dropping off the 5 or 6 supercars for that Devin guy @ the north end of San Andreas, I was on my way back to Los Santos, when I came across a car wreck in the median between the highway. I helped up this lady who's bleeding, and offer to take her to a hospital, and she says, no hospital, take her to Sandy Shores and to a safehouse. So, I do that. Long drive, and she's going on about the events that lead up to that wreck.

She was the Driver of a criminal crew (Like Franklin), and things went bad on a job. Only her and another got away, and the other person stabbed her while driving, causing the wreck (and her current injury, bleeding out). That dude died in the wreck, leaving her as the only way left. She had a good voice actress, and her personality felt like a "real" women, and not like 95% of GTA's female population. Even started sounding like she could become a member of the game's "extended crew."

Getting closer and closer to the safe house, and she starts bleeding out, and doesn't make it, she dies in the passenger seat. So ends the life of the only realistically sounding Woman in the game.

I wonder if things would have been different, if I had driven her to the safehouse in a supercar, and not in a beat up, Breaking Bad-like RV...

GQman2121

Banned
right after dropping off the 5 or 6 supercars for that Devin guy @ the north end of San Andreas, I was on my way back to Los Santos, when I came across a car wreck in the median between the highway. I helped up this lady who's bleeding, and offer to take her to a hospital, and she says, no hospital, take her to Sandy Shores and to a safehouse. So, I do that. Long drive, and she's going on about the events that lead up to that wreck.

She was the Driver of a criminal crew (Like Franklin), and things went bad on a job. Only her and another got away, and the other person stabbed her while driving, causing the wreck (and her current injury, bleeding out). That dude died in the wreck, leaving her as the only way left. She had a good voice actress, and her personality felt like a "real" women, and not like 95% of GTA's female population. Even started sounding like she could become a member of the game's "extended crew."

Getting closer and closer to the safe house, and she starts bleeding out, and doesn't make it, she dies in the passenger seat. So ends the life of the only realistically sounding Woman in the game.

I wonder if things would have been different, if I had driven her to the safehouse in a supercar, and not in a beat up, Breaking Bad-like RV...

In short......yes. :)

Aleph

Is anyone else having problems with the story? (I'm 30 missions in) I don't fully understand what's going on... I'm at the part where
the three main characters have to complete a heist to get some money for the obnoxious FIB guy. I don't understand what relationship Michael has with the FIB, or why Trevor doesn't have any problem at all in helping him.
Maybe it is explained later?

So I just finished the long tedious epsilon mission and this is my glorious reward...

0_0.jpg

You are all jealous, I know.

j-wood

Is the strategy guide worth it? I'm just thinking I'll never be able to find all the stunt jumps or collectibles on my own based on how big the game is lol

Zukuu

Banned

Yes
. I did exactly that event minutes ago and she is now available for future missions as driver.

is it possible to get a good powerslide/drift going? the new driving engine seems to make it quite hard for that. handbrake is near useless in this when you can corner like a beast if you just brake for a milisec.

GQman2121

Banned
Is the strategy guide worth it? I'm just thinking I'll never be able to find all the stunt jumps or collectibles on my own based on how big the game is lol

I bought the limited edition because it was only $22 on Amazon. It's $36 at retail. Nice hardcover guide.

Lima

I picked it up but the info is all out there on the net already. Even with video guides. So if you want something physical in your hand (and the guide has some nice detailed info on everything on the game) I'd say pick it up. If not you will be fine with guides and videos on the internet.

aravuus

I'm afraid to search youtube, anyone know where I can find all the mission music? Absolutely loved the one that was playing in the mission where you
tag people in the heli and steal the Z type.

Zukuu

Banned
is it possible to get a good powerslide/drift going? the new driving engine seems to make it quite hard for that. handbrake is near useless in this when you can corner like a beast if you just brake for a milisec.

Yes. You need to use the handbrake only for a very brief moment and steer in. Then you slide and counter steer, if necessary, to prevent turning too much.

I picked it up but the info is all out there on the net already. Even with video guides. So if you want something physical in your hand (and the guide has some nice detailed info on everything on the game) I'd say pick it up. If not you will be fine with guides and videos on the internet.

Yeah, I ended up ordering it, still waiting for it to arrive. From what I've heard, the collectibles in the game actually have tangible rewards, and aren't the pigeons from GTA IV that are just there for busy work, so I feel like hunting them down. How good are the directions to the hidden items? Just dots on a map, or does it actually detail how to get there?

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Yes
. I did exactly that event minutes ago and she is now available for future missions as driver.

Maybe it's possible it didn't save for me, as that was one of the last things I did last night. I mean, I was pretty sure I ran over a certain GTAIV character really early in the game, and low and behold, that same event happened again later on, this time not killing that person, and is now available as a crew member

The Limited Edition strategy guide just arrived. Here's the lithograph.....

Sweet, mine is on my doorstep.

I usually don't buy strategy guides, but this is GTA...and it's easier while in game just to reference a book rather than have to run my tablet or go upstairs to my PC.

Plus the hardcover edition looked so nice!

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
So I guess one good reason that BAWSAQ isn't working at all it seems is probably the fact that RockStar Social Club itself is barely functioning at all.

Took me 3 days just to sign up for it since it wouldn't ever connect and since then I've only been able to save 1 single photo the whole time, every time since then it's been unable to connect again.

God help GTO next month.

White Man

Thanks for the help on bail bonds. They might be a little too much work for me.

Similarly, Cletus just called me to go somewhere to hunt that is also not marked on the map. I really hope these sorts of activities are the exception when it comes to marking or not marking the map.

EDIT: nm, Cletus is on the map. He's just way away from everything.

j-wood

When you go to an area with a collectible, does the game put a "point of interest" marker on your map?

I ask because i saw where a [collectible spoiler]
UFO part
was up in the country. I drove there but couldn't find it, apparently because i hadn't done the mission yet. However, my map has a "point of interest" marker there now.

Anyone know how to get into the military base for that one story mission to steal a certain something? Without getting slaughtered the second I get in there? Is there something I'm missing?

Edit: just as I press post I tried again and just drove in with full health and luckily made it out. It is doable. Was gonna try parachuting in if that didn't work.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Is it possible to ever get full scuba gear again, besides the one mission?

I found a boat that gives you a tank, regulator, and mask when you jump off... but never the full gear/flippers.

Bummer. :/

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Any idea how to get on top of the Maze Bank building? It's one of the largest in the city.

I can't find any door or ladder to use.

Tawpgun

Anyone know how to get into the military base for that one story mission to steal a certain something? Without getting slaughtered the second I get in there? Is there something I'm missing?

Edit: just as I press post I tried again and just drove in with full health and luckily made it out. It is doable. Was gonna try parachuting in if that didn't work.

If sneaking won't work I was gonna suggest getting some body armor on Trevor and rage modeing in.

Epic moment when I'm getting chased by the cops in the airport and get T-boned by a jumbo jet which fucks up it's take off and lose a wing, I love this game

Philia

I'm training Franklin at the shooting range and I gotta say, the range did a good job on its set up of targets for per a gun. I'll be training a bit to get his skill up to middle range at least.

Zukuu

Banned
Any idea how to get on top of the Maze Bank building? It's one of the largest in the city.

I can't find any door or ladder to use.

lol I'm looking for the same thing just now. I managed to get on top (without parachute) with the blimp. But the side mission starter is now gone for some reason. I destroyed the blimp but still nothing. will save and load and see if he shows up.

GQman2121

Banned
Robbing convenience stores tip:

There are 19 stores to rob in the game. If you see a second register on the counter shoot it for extra money - but wait until the clerk hands you the bag from the main register first. If you fire he could pull out a shotgun and blow your head off since you're not aiming at him.

I tried parachuting and a tank shot it's cannon at me killing me, Best way I find is to use franklins slow time driving and then quickly steal the jet in the nearest hangar.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
I'm nearly halfway through and I hate Trevor. I didn't think I could despise any character in a game as much as I do him. I really dislike having to play as him, really dislike it.

If you were a bit faster
she joins your crew

Megasoum

Banned
So yeah... I highly recommend NOT using alternate controls on the PS3.

I prefer shooting on PS3 with L1/R1 and when I got this game, first thing I did was switch to alternate. Huge mistake.

Game is way less clunky if you keep it on default. If you have "fire weapon" on R2, you can actually press it halfway and run around with your weapon raised. This makes a massive difference in combat.

Wish I knew this sooner!

I was ragging on the game for being too clunky... but it's actually fine as long as you're not using alternate. (imo)

That's why I use a 360 controller on PS3... Best of both worlds!

kris.

Banned
Was drivin' down the highway in the desert and there was a cop car sitting on the side of the road, looking like it was working a speed trap.

this fucking game right here

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
I'm training Franklin at the shooting range and I gotta say, the range did a good job on its set up of targets for per a gun. I'll be training a bit to get his skill up to middle range at least.

You can easily Max out his shooting skill there by going through all the trials for each weapon type and maybe doing a couple over.

Zukuu

Banned
lol I'm looking for the same thing just now. I managed to get on top (without parachute) with the blimp. But the side mission starter is now gone for some reason. I destroyed the blimp but still nothing. will save and load and see if he shows up.

Okay switching characters back and forth he respawned.

Franklin was also seriously pissed that he was left at the top of a building without escape lmao xD

Definity

Anyone by chance have an unused special edition DLC code they want to sell or possibly trade for steam items? If so, PM me. Thanks.

I downloaded the ifruit app, god damn it sucks. Now I get constant messages about chop being hungry or thirsty. And the reward for doing it, namely getting a bunch of lame tricks isn't worth it.

Addnan

I downloaded the ifruit app, god damn it sucks. Now I get constant messages about chop being hungry or thirsty. And the reward for doing it, namely getting a bunch of lame tricks isn't worth it.

Go into the settings of your phone and disable notifications for ifruit.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Steal nice car as Trevor.
Shitty van drives by
Get out and go into shitty van.
Much better.
This guy right here, knows how to play this game.

Top Bottom