• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT2| <Title available for purchase>

Dug

Banned
Hahahaha, I'm loving the dialog in the mission Eye in the Sky in which you
pilot the helicopter and ID the guy you are looking for. The Trevor lines are hilarious.

plc268

does GTAV make (some) PS3s noisy as hell like TLoU..? i havent bought the game yet and i'm worried...

tell me your experiences with noise levels fellow PS3 owners, please, this is important! :)

I have a superslim PS3, and the sound the disc drive makes is infuriating. It's constantly seeking and is loud as hell. I wish I kept my old fat PS3 sometimes.

this game made me realize that Nico Belic was the worst main character since the GTA3 revolution

Michael to me is what a Tommy Varcetti would have been if had a family 20 years later LOL

wizzbang

Banned
Ok so after several hours, I'm converted - playing in first person view when driving is INCREDIBLE and EVERYONE needs to try it - seriously. Go for a drive up in the hills in a nice car at night, it's mind boggling, fucking mind boggling.

I just went over a jump pretty fast (not a jump jump so it didn't steal camera focus) it was amazing, just amazing TRY IT

I have a superslim PS3, and the sound the disc drive makes is infuriating. It's constantly seeking and is loud as hell. I wish I kept my old fat PS3 sometimes.

I have an 80GB Phat that is 5-6 years old and it does not get as loud as in TLOU amazingly. Runs the game like a champ! Put in multiple 7-8 hour straight sessions so far. Back to work though so no more of that till next week!

Spent the last two hours tooling around on the mountains on a dirt bike while trying to "unlock" more of the map and it wasn't even boring! This game is so good.

Also noticed that when my dirtbike got banged up pretty bad it starting pouring oil out of the motor and leaving a trail behind me. So I parked it, followed the trail back a little ways, and shot it with my pistol to cause a fire trail that went all the way to the bike causing it to burst into flames. Then the tire popped and it fell over.

So much detail!

That was a great read. Thanks. :)

Last night, I did what I've been dying to do since I got the game. I fire up a joint, smoked bout half, then hopped from sports car to sports car and drove back and forth from the city to the hills.

Los Santos is better at night. I absolutrly love night in this game. The lights are stunning.

Also, listened to nothing but Space. The rush I got from screaming around the curves and cutting between traffic (with Franklin, but without using his special ability) is unlike anything I've experienced in a game. The gameplay stomps all over GTA IV. Yes I'm talking about the driving.

Space is far an away my favourite channel, followed by Non Stop Pop and FlyLO.

wizzbang

Banned
not there.
My fucking rage is at levels only demons can comprehend.

Don't quote me on this but there's a running theory that if you BUY the car legitimately online then trick it out, park it in a 'proper' garage (each character has a lockup) then you keep it permenantly.
I haven't bothered blowing cash to try this though. Has anyone confirmed? I'd love to replace Michael and Trevors "stock" cars permenantly with a new purchase that's hotted up.

(I can confirm any mods you do to their stock cars STAY - which is great)

TLDR: if you modded a stolen car, you kinda got what you deserve homie!

Ahasverus

not there.
My fucking rage is at levels only demons can comprehend.

Cars are glitched, clothes are annoying (liked that fancy suit? too bad, Trevor will be back to hobo clothes whenever you switch him) and buzzcuts grow back in one day.
The game is the best ever BUT it has annoying, REALLY annoying stuff.

And sorry, but helicopter controls are the shittest shit ever.

I personally loved euphoria in RDR but I think it causes more harm than good in GTA V.

Just had a crazy 20 minute long rampage that ended with a awesome 4-star shoot-out on the top floor of a parking garage. I died, but I took a lot of people with me!

God I hate the internet sometimes. It started with an innocent googling to find that one pic with the voice cast all together, and then I thought it'd be interesting to read some of the tweets the voice actors have been doing with the fanbase. ENORMOUS SPOILER INCOMING
and I see someone casually tweet Trevor's voice actor, Steven Ogg, "I still feel bad about killing you off in GTA V! I'm sorry Trev! ;)"

Boiling, seething rage at seeing that one, and I'm not even that far in the game for fucks sake so of course I'm gonna just be anticipating and dreading the moment when it comes, thus disarming whatever impact it may have had on me not knowing going in. Note to self: stay the hell away from any tweets related to GTA.

To be fair, and I'll spoiler tag this too, general gameplay spoiler:
You can technically kill any of the other two playable characters in the free roam world accidentally, it sends them to the hospital and they text you with an angry message saying you'll cover their hospital bill.

Story Spoiler now:
From what I hear there's 3 options/endings in the game, Kill Frank, Trevor, or none of the above, so it might play out differently in your playthrough bud.

im starting to see flaws in this game.. mainly bugs..

and why cant you crouch in gta 5?

the buttons are inconsistent.

camera seems to reset everytime.. (i have the distant one)

but still.. its a great game!!

antitrop

this game made me realize that Nico Belic was the worst main character since the GTA3 revolution
Yeah, it's really no contest, I think Nico is the worst main character from III-V.

1. Michael De Santa
2. Trevor Philips
3. Tommy Vercetti
4. Carl Johnson
5. Franklin Clinton
6. Claude Speed
7. Nico Belic

Dizzle24

I like how some of the radio stations cut out as you venture further away from where they originate; I was listening to Lazlow as I was driving up North into the countryside. Suddenly it went all static then cut off, switching to the next station automatically.

Its the little things that make this game even better.

neoism

The helicopter tour in flight school. Getting augmentation failed nightmares from Arkham City.
most definitely the most frustrating thing in the game heli controls are garbage but fly the copper in first person it helped me pass them

also do you have to gold every misson in the game to get 100%

mazillion

Yup. First time Michael dove into the water it was so awesome....and then it became obvious it was running at like 15FPS.
Yeah after being underwater for a while it feels like 60fps when you come out. Just so much smoother and before. Which is sad because this games doesn't even top 30fps really

Because their is cover and you auto crouch to it.

How is it inconsistent? Basically press or hold right on the d-pad to do anything.

i wanna crouch without cover.

and.. some things are left, some are right, some are R1.. R1 jumps on a bike.. but one of the bicycles it doesnt do anything.
just feel like the buttons are not consistent... thats just me though.

Anybody here is using the Sony Pulse Elite headphones?

The GTA5 profile doesn't seem to work... I have zero pulses and zero surround when I use it...

If I switch to "Game" I suddenly get a ton of pulses and somewhat less crappy surround (still kinda crappy)...
Yeah, it's not too good. It's the only game I've used it with, and I thought maybe my headphones were defective. I put the pulse all the way up, and it seems to just roar at explosions...and when you close the car doors lol. And the voices are incredibly loud. I have the music maxed out in the settings and the SFX at default, and it's still incredibly loud, so much so that it literally makes my ears hurt at certain times.

It's not just you. I'll give it a try later on "game" when I get the chance. Gotta rest my thumb after doing triathlon 3. Never. Again.

Megasoum

Banned
Oh....I just noticed that if you highlight the ammo for a specific gun in Ammu-Nation and press Square (X on 360) you can toggle to "Full Ammo" which lets you buy full ammo for the weapon in one click.

I was mashing the button since the beginning of the game to go to full ammo lol.

wizzbang

Banned
Holy shit lol, I just went outside as Michael and jumped in the first car I could find (nothing at the house) - parked out on the st is a car, so I grab that and (70% spoiler)
I notice the fucking thing has dollar sign hubcaps, I check my SMS and Jimmy finally gave my car back, with mods hahah - fucking atrocious!

Dysun

Michael to me is what a Tommy Varcetti would have been if had a family 20 years later LOL

I liked GTA4 and Niko, but I totally agree. He is way less interesting than any of the three in this game

Randdalf

ugh

I wanted to lie down prone while waiting to snipe a guy during an assassination mission, but I had to stand up life a doofus, all conspicuous-like

I've wanted to do that to, but there is literally no need for crouching/prone in the entire game other than as a visual thing.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
ugh

I wanted to lie down prone while waiting to snipe a guy during an assassination mission, but I had to stand up life a doofus, all conspicuous-like

Would have been nice if they'd taken that from the Max Payne 3 multiplayer. I guess I can understand not being able to dive or easily strafe-shoot, because they want to keep the series at least a little distinct from each other, but prone would have been really great.

joe2187

Banned
I love the fact that everytime I switch to franklin, all he's doing most of the time is just living it up in his new house and enjoying his life.

rouken

the awesome background music in missions is the best thing to ever happen in GTA's music. i hope they all include them in the soundtrack.

Ugh, despite the fact that they added a "combat jog" when you fire a shot allowing you to run and gun, if you don't fire for like 5 seconds the character goes right back to walking, even in the heat of combat. Why the hell did they keep this in? If I'm holding a weapon, I should be at jogging speed all the time. Rockstar should've just completely copied the Max Payne 3 mechanics into this game minus shoot dodging. The crosshair was better, the combat rolls were better, the cover system was tighter, and you didn't gotdamn WALK DURING COMBAT.

Hold to jog + tap to sprint + enemies pouring in from all directions + fragile characters + no damage direction indicator + ultra magnetic cover system + no health items + slow health regeneration + bad crosshairs on the pistol and submachine guns = ROCKSTAR WHY

Yeah, some of the control decisions made me shake my head. You have to pull the trigger halfway to aim on the run without shooting first, and if you want to use L1 and R1 to aim and fire, then you're unable to do that due to lack of pressure sensitivity. Also, forcing you to walk around when indoors during shootouts unless you hold down X is obnoxious as shit.

Andrew.

Banned
Amen to that my brother from another mother.

They surely had some expensive cars on their list.

I just finished finding every car except for that Rolls-Royce which cost me a quarter million. I found it on the Internet and got it sent to my garage.

Derrick01

Banned
does GTAV make (some) PS3s noisy as hell like TLoU..? i havent bought the game yet and i'm worried...

tell me your experiences with noise levels fellow PS3 owners, please, this is important! :)

My friend was telling me a couple times that it makes his PS3 get really loud. I'm fairly sure he has one of the old 80gb fat ones. I don't notice any abnormal sound on my 160gb slim though.

is it me or this game has really low sound, i mean i need to crank up my sound system 10 degree more than normal for average output especially car sounds even with radio off

Yeah me and a few others complained about that. I have to turn it up around 10 notches more than normal, and it has sounds in it that screws with my tinnitus.

Yeah, it's really no contest, I think Nico is the worst main character from III-V.

1. Michael De Santa
2. Trevor Philips
3. Tommy Vercetti
4. Carl Johnson
5. Franklin Clinton
6. Claude Speed
7. Nico Belic

I mostly agree with that and it's pretty telling that Nico was so awful that he's worse than a character who can't even talk or express himself in any noticeable way.

Cheddahz

Banned
Kifflom my brothers. Kifflom.

I WAS loaded but I dumped it all into Scientology.

2056_1369416231.jpg

neoism

yeah i think its mostly the ps3controller im not used to but damn car controls are not that great in this game i was amazing in gta 4 though i could go sooo fast and miss every car

antitrop

Driving north on the interstate in a stolen armored car, while listening to Johnny Cash's "General Lee", in order to crash into the military base is one of the greatest gaming experiences I've ever had.

Joeki11a

Banned
Are you bored yet?

I am 25% in and doing forklift crap that I hate, soo boring

I want online already, story lost its hype already.

Top Bottom