• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT2| <Title available for purchase>

MercuryLS

Banned
I don't care for Trevor since he's a bit of a psycho, but he has the best VA and the funniest lines in the game. Lamar is a close second. I could watch Franklin and Lamar talk to each other all day.

GeoNeo

I disagree.
Found this posted online
"Find Stolen Goods Sometimes during your free-roam, you will come across and hear a police siren. Basically, the police will be in pursuit of some other criminals in the game. Follow them and get these robbers to get their cash. There will be plenty!"

Anyone know if it's true?

Yes this is true I've done this 3 times now lol.

No issues with the controversial scene in the game. Just went through it and don't see how its any worse than running over civilians and massacring a bunch of cops. And also...its GTA...and a video game.

People making a big deal for nothing.

Zukuu

Banned
Found this posted online
"Find Stolen Goods Sometimes during your free-roam, you will come across and hear a police siren. Basically, the police will be in pursuit of some other criminals in the game. Follow them and get these robbers to get their cash. There will be plenty!"

Anyone know if it's true?

Yes. Just did one earlier. Killed the thugs, police were all like "good job, high five" until I snatched the packages and ran off. They weren't pleased. :D

TheContact

I don't care for Trevor since he's a bit of a psycho, but he has the best VA and the funniest lines in the game. Lamar is a close second. I could watch Franklin and Lamar talk to each other all day.

I absolutely love when you call a cab with Trevor. He imitates a polite person lol

Help!

The game says Franklin has 1 mission available but I don't see it anywhere on the map. In general do they only show up if you go near them or what?

Madness

That sucks that you can't run into your house to avoid this bullshit wanted system. Had two stars, they burst in, I shoot them, my aunt runs away. Now I'm 5 stars, stuck in this damn safe house, can't sleep to save the game or whatever, can't change to Michael. Any ideas?

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
That sucks that you can't run into your house to avoid this bullshit wanted system. Had two stars, they burst in, I shoot them, my aunt runs away. Now I'm 5 stars, stuck in this damn safe house, can't sleep to save the game or whatever, can't change to Michael. Any ideas?

Accept your fate.

wizzbang

Banned
How do I view the snapmatic photos I've taken on the internet (the real internet, lol) I've taken some AMAZING photos - seriously (more beautiful than crazy)

Anyone know? I found the snapmatic section of the social club but not my particular ones - just everyones?
EDIT: Found it :( there's a drop down at the top which says "most recent" - change it to my photos, but I can't link people directly AND they put a fucking instagram style filter on the photo and interlacing :( Even though the shots look amazing on the console :/
Kinda funny though in a way I guess.

Madness

Accept your fate.

LOL, yup. Tried to run for it after blowing up some cars and some officer I guess sniped me in the head. One single shot killed me or something.

Got out of hospital, saw this low rider convertible, aimed this new carbine rifle I got off the dead cops, the black guy inside just fingered me like eff off, I ain't giving up my ride lol.

So just to test it out, I bought a helicopter for Franklin from a website, and I've got the Vespucci helipad. But when I go to it, there's no prompt to select it, it just says that you can buy or steal a helicopter to store there.

Lingitiz

Holy fuck at the frame rate in the (vehicle)
submersible
. I really like this game but the frame rate is just awful all around. It's making combat a pain in the ass.

Restrain This

Neo Member
Just finished the main story line. Definitely a solid game, although I am starting to feel a bit burnt out at this point. When I played the other GTA games, especially VC and SA, I was still really into the whole exploration/mayhem/completing side missions aspect of the game after the credits rolled. Now, I don't really feel any motivation to continue playing around in the world. Not really sure why.

Also, has anyone here managed to get close to the 150 million required to buy the golf course? I feel like a bit of an idiot because I completed the Lester assassination missions super early in my play through before I really had enough cash to really capitalize on any of the stock tips. I now have no earthly idea how I would be able to make the money necessary to go 100% on this game without starting a new play through.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I really really really hate that the characters change their clothes so often. I like the outfits I pick out for them. :-(

Restrain This

Neo Member
I really really really hate that the characters change their clothes so often. I like the outfits I pick out for them. :-(

Yeah, I agree. I thought it would be cool if you could customize the "outfits" part of the clothing menu so they would automatically switch between the stuff that you had picked out for them. But just having pre-selected stuff in there that constantly messes up my carefully crafted wardrobe is pretty BS.

wizzbang

Banned
Holy fuck at the frame rate in the (vehicle)
submersible
. I really like this game but the frame rate is just awful all around. It's making combat a pain in the ass.

What system? I'm on a PS3 with an SSD and while the frame rate ain't snappy in the sub, it's good enough?

So I basically found the games version of a bugatti veryron and want to make sure this sucker doesn't vanish on me. Is there a sure fire way of keeping it? The garage? The garage at home? This is the only one I've seen in about 20 hours of gameplay.

Korosenai

I decided to look at my socialclub stats to see how much i've played:

Michael:
Xl71djv.png

Franklin:
ljgiGB4.png

Trevor:
mukzGIA.png

Of course playing as Trevor i'd have more kills and deaths.

Finished it in 25 hours, loved it. Even up to the end I still felt like I was experiencing something new almost every mission. So many good moments, I don't expect any open world game to come close to touching this until GTA 6. My only big complaint, especially at first was the framerate but it's amazing how I managed to adjust to it after a while. Now it's time to dick around some more and wait for multiplayer (and the PC version).

Derrick01

Banned
FINALLY got to Trevor and...holy shit? :lol

I think I killed more people in that 1 mission than I have so far with the other guys and that's with 8 hours on both of them.

Hey so is Michael's witness protection thing ever explained? I just got to where he's explaining everything to Franklin after the first FIB mission and I feel super lost.

Zukuu

Banned
Michael: 11h 15m
Franklin: 11h 22m
Trevor: 12h 52m

Really, having a "main guy" seems impossible. Trevor got the most in the outback and played exclusively where you needed to swiutch between the other two, so that explains that he has the biggest time spent on. He also has the most side-side missions I partook in (all offroad races, rampage, parachuting, bail missions, driving around people over the whole map etc)

FINALLY got to Trevor and...holy shit? :lol

I think I killed more people in that 1 mission than I have so far with the other guys and that's with 8 hours on both of them.

Trevor is amazing, and his little scenes when you switch to him are hilarious.

Also, I just realised that, having completed the story, none of the missions had you using a fighter jet or tank. Missed opportunity, just like Chop.

Zukuu

Banned
Hey so is Michael's witness protection thing ever explained? I just got to where he's explaining everything to Franklin after the first FIB mission and I feel super lost.

I'm 66% in, and what I know is that Micheal
turned himself in. So I guess he is in the program to be, in fact, save of Trevor.

wizzbang

Banned
I just found out there's more than 1 underwater mission type, holy shit awesome.
Also, I just shot a shark from my boat before I went diving, he died then sunk.

Am I the only one who thought the first submarine mission was boring as hell? Those things are so slow, it just brought my fun to a halt. Think I'm done for tonight because of that, actually.

So yeah, beat main story after a week of solid playing. Man, there are just some games where you think "A lot of money went into making this, and it shows".

(though graphically, it looks like a cleaner version of GTA4 with some extra volumetric lighting and lens flare)

(also, if you noticed a request to NGAF, that's from me)

george_us

So yeah, beat main story after a week of solid playing. Man, there are just some games where you think "A lot of money went into making this, and it shows".
Most game that cost $100 million I always think, "How the fuck did they spend $100 million on this?" The new Tomb Raider comes to mind immediately.

With GTA5 it really does feel like every bit of that $250 million was used towards the game. It's crazy just how much VO, how many small details, and just how much content is in the game. Plus character switching may be the best thing ever invented.

Top Bottom