• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT2| <Title available for purchase>

Restrain This

Neo Member
Yea i chose
A and didnt have a save but luckily you can still 100% the game.
And you can find an Adder parked near one of the areas with all the rich stores.

I chose C but am curious how the other endings worked out. How can you 100% the game without Trevor? What happens to all of his activities/missions?

Omni

Just completed the achievement where you deliver random people to that cult. I actually felt bad about it, haha. So I raided the place and killed everyone... but as I was leaving more spawned and killed me while I was getting into my chopper.

I think now I'm going to parachute into the military base. Just 'cause

I could just screw around forever.

rjcc

having trouble with one of the missions

FIB, like the third mission? where you get a tow truck and hide a getaway car. where the hell am I supposed to hide the car?

Fuck Im afraid to swim around in the ocean and I havent seen a shark yet. Had to stay near the surface
on the first mini sub mission
,too dark and mysterious down deep for me,shit puts me on edge. Really loving everything else so far,still in shock at how big the game is and all the detail involved. Rockstar really outdid themselves,excellent job!!!

With them having Loggins on the radio I just wish they got Danger Zone. There's a few missions where that song would be perfect, even the score makes me think of it!

Tekku

Hey guys, if you put one of the cars in one of the bigger garages (not the safehouse ones) and then take the car out and crash it, will it re-appear in the garage or is it lost forever?

I have some really expensive beautiful cars in there, but I don't dare to drive them cuz I'm afraid that they will disappear on me during missions. :(

Fuck Im afraid to swim around in the ocean and I havent seen a shark yet. Had to stay near the surface
on the first mini sub mission
,too dark and mysterious down deep for me,shit puts me on edge. Really loving everything else so far,still in shock at how big the game is and all the detail involved. Rockstar really outdid themselves,excellent job!!!

Keep doing missions. That is the only advice I can give you because eventually you get something that makes traversing the ocean a lot easier and more fun.

Hey guys, if you put one of the cars in one of the bigger garages (not the safehouse ones) and then take the car out and crash it, will it re-appear in the garage or is it lost forever?

I have some really expensive beautiful cars in there, but I don't dare to drive them cuz I'm afraid that they will disappear on me during missions. :(

We do not know. A lot of people have their million dollar priced cars dissapear on them so it is better not to invest money into them until they fix that.

How does everyone feel about how driving in this game? better or worse than GTA 4 in your opinion? Because it seems like that there was a good amount of people who loved the way cars handled in GTA 4, and the changes to the way cars handle in 5 seem pretty significant.

Helicopter controls are shit. Looks like I'm dropping out of flight school early.

Once you start wobbling, ain't nothing stopping that swing

I think the controls are okay, but it looks stupid when your helicopter looks like a floating trifle. And its too hard to get it back on a stable pitch once you've lost complete control for a second

Plane controls are brilliant, DICE take note

Franklin Strangers and Freaks spoiler:
I really didn't expect to have to kill Beverly like that. It felt like such a weird way for that line of missions to end.

cdkee

Banned
0_0.jpg

Heheh...

kiyomi

How does everyone feel about how driving in this game? better or worse than GTA 4 in your opinion? Because it seems like that there was a good amount of people who loved the way cars handled in GTA 4, and the changes to the way cars handle in 5 seem pretty significant.

Way better. Better sense of speed, more controllable, but it can still punish you if you make a mistake. It's fun, though. Several times, I've found myself in a parking lot just driving around trying to handbrake turn myself into a parking spot between 2 parked cars. It feels like with lots of practice, you could get real good.

How do I join the GAF Crew? If it's in the OP, I missed it. :(

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=676505

Keep doing missions. That is the only advice I can give you because eventually you get something that makes traversing the ocean a lot easier and more fun.QUOTE]

Cool thanks.

I love it now that I got the hang of it. Reminds me of DUB edition which is a great thing!

Omni

So guys, what.s up with the absence of money in this game? It's probably part of the game that the three characters don't get paid for their services, but it's starting to piss me off. I need that dough, yo.

I know that feel. I'm running out of cash fast. My Trevor has like 9k left. Franklin has 50k and Michael has 90k.

I'm 44 missions in and it's like... where is all the money supposed to be coming from?

I know that feel. I'm running out of cash fast. My Trevor has like 9k left. Franklin has 50k and Michael has 90k.

I'm 44 missions in and it's like... where is all the money supposed to be coming from?

The golf club had better unlock somethingmagnificent if you buy it. It would also be nice if

1) You could transfer funds between your 4 characters after a point

2) Buyable properties only appeared on the map of the character who can buy it

MoGamesXNA

Unconfirmed Member
Way better. Better sense of speed, more controllable, but it can still punish you if you make a mistake. It's fun, though. Several times, I've found myself in a parking lot just driving around trying to handbrake turn myself into a parking spot between 2 parked cars. It feels like with lots of practice, you could get real good.

I agree. The car handling took me a little while to acclimatise to but there's no way I could ever go back to GTA IV's handling now.

Some of the street races made me wish that that component was slightly more fleshed out. I've had more fun doing those than I have in all of the recent NFS titles.

So guys, what.s up with the absence of money in this game? It's probably part of the game that the three characters don't get paid for their services, but it's starting to piss me off. I need that dough, yo.

I'm 54 of 69 missions in and this has become a game design shortfall for me. I love the game but there's no sense of reward when you are continually completing missions that have no pay off. I'm not sure why the design team at Rockstar made that decision.

DjRoomba

Banned
Masks/FIB mission:
wtf happened? You block the street with the garbage truck, cops come, you shoot them and wear masks? I was expecting it to be a heist?
Im actually a little dissapointed with the missions at this point in the game (i think im about 1/3 of the way through). Thought they started off super awesome, now theyre getting to be just a little less impressive

I agree. The car handling took me a little while to acclimatise to but there's no way I could ever go back to GTA IV's handling now.

Some of the street races made me wish that that component was slightly more fleshed out. I've had more fun doing those than I have in all of the recent NFS titles.

I kind of miss the efficiency of the handbrake turn from VC and SA, but I've not really tried using it in V since you don;t have to slow the cars down so much as you enter a corner.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
Heist 2 -

Freighter, or under-water?

I picked under-water and then had to stop for the night, but honestly I have no clue what is going on with this Heist. Trevor's explanations made no sense. The entire build up seemed to be focusing on this freighter, then at the last moment during the pre-planning I was presented with this other option...

EvaristeG

Banned

I think it's better than GTA IV and not that much different from it, it's just the same but improved. I don't get the people who say it's dumbed down.

anyone notice they got rid of jump while standing still? it was the most useless thing ever before.. but now jump still does absolutely nothing lol

Restrain This

Neo Member
So does anyone have any clue how to generate enough money to buy the golf course?

That is the one thing that is really bothering me right now. I feel like anything that I could do in terms of missions and the stock market would only be a drop in the bucket compared to the 150 mil that I would need in order to buy all the properties.

MoGamesXNA

Unconfirmed Member
I kind of miss the efficiency of the handbrake turn from VC and SA, but I've not really tried using it in V since you don;t have to slow the cars down so much as you enter a corner.

I don't really use it either during general driving. I only use it when making a quick U turn on a highway or when doing some burnouts in front of Los Santos Customs to test out my blue tire smoke ;)

The handling in VC and SA was great fun. While I'm in the mood for GTA I might install VC on Steam this weekend actually and start up that again.

Don;t respond to this if you'v finished, but I hope there comes a point where money is easier to make. The fixed the issue of previous GTAs where you made too much money, too quickly, and had nothing to spend it on. But now I'm 20 hours in, with nowhere near enough money to buy the things I want to do, and no immediate avenues to change the situation. Hopefully the heists become more frequent and lucrative.

What's the most you guys have gained/lost in the stock market, percentage-wise?

anyone notice they got rid of jump while standing still? it was the most useless thing ever before.. but now jump still does absolutely nothing lol

Its a bit annoying. It used to be that you could stand by a fence, press the jump button, and you'd know if you could get over it. Now you have to run at it, and end up faceplanting into it if you can't jump over it.

edit: Shit, double-post

Dreaver

When I drive around at high speed it feels like I am in Fast & Furious.
When the cops search for me it looks like I am in the first scene of Drive.
At certain missions such as the boat
from Micheal that gets stolen when him and Franklin meet
I feel like I am in a Micheal Bay movie.
When I walk around with a silenced shotgun with Trevor it feels like No Country For Old Men.

Some things seriously give me movie vibes.

Looking at my stats I have only done 22 main story missions and a bunch of other activities/quests for 20 hours and I barely even scratched the surface (33.77% completed)

By this rate I am going to be done by the end of October :lol

why does EVERYONE wanna fight in this game..?

i was on mt chilliad taking pictures, and a guy behind me started shouting at me, then his friend called the police.. i had to hit him before he called them, but somehow the police found out anyway..
he rolled down the mountain, i felt bad.

same thing happened with a cop that just suddenly pushed me then started punching me.

jsnepo

This game keeps getting better and better and further you get into it. The missions are fun and full of variety.

I hate the helicopter. Does it wobble all the time?

MoGamesXNA

Unconfirmed Member
When I drive around at high speed it feels like I am in Fast & Furious.
When the cops search for me it looks like I am in the first scene of Drive.
At certain missions such as the boat
from Micheal that gets stolen when him and Franklin meet
I feel like I am in a Micheal Bay movie.
When I walk around with a silenced shotgun with Trevor it feels like No Country For Old Men.

Some things seriously give me movie vibes.

Absolutely, Rockstar really nailed the whole car chase & heist action flick vibe with GTA V. I love it. Some of the multi-vehicle action sequences that have played out in missions have been brilliant. I can't wait for the GTA V equivalent of The Lost and Damned and TBoGT.

I did originally as well. The Flight School nearly put me off. They do wobble a bit but controlling them becomes a lot easier when you put some more time into them. I have no issues using them now and find them just as fun as the other vehicles in the game. It'd be nice if they smoothed out the control for the helicopters a little in a patch though.

In everything Rockstar decided to push the fun factor more instead of realism yet they failed to make helicopters fun to fly around with. You have to keep the turbulence in check and the damn things are twitchy as fuck.

EDIT: Sheesh.. 90% of the first ''popular'' snapmatic photos is about nudity, breasts, upskirts and cocks.

Milchjon

I think I just spoiled myself. If what I read is true, that would do a lot of damage to what I like about the game. Fucking Rockstar.

Jaded

Banned
Hells yeah, i fixed my ps3 controller with some scotch tape...for now haha. Without me even knowing it i was in a lambo type car and just screamed onto the military base and came so close to nabbing a jet, damn that was awesome!!!

Top Bottom