• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT2| <Title available for purchase>

When do you start making the big bucks? And any tips for playing the stock market other than following what Lester says during assassination missions?

In the game I just met
Solomon

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Ok easy profits in stock. Buy insurance stocks then go on a rampage blowing up cars and planes at the airport. Just got back 60,000 profit the next morning.

What are you supposed to do when the blue dot random encounter people stop talking? The blue dot stays, as though there's something else you can do

Ok easy profits in stock. Buy insurance stocks then go on a rampage blowing up cars and planes at the airport. Just got back 60,000 profit the next morning.

LOL

I invested all my money during an assassination mission, after it was complete the stock went up 20 percent right away, I drove to my safehouse and slept, woke up and it was up 40 percent, slept again, 50 percent, slept again, 49 percent.....sell sell sell

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
I think I found a No Country for Old Men random encounter. playing as Trevor near the military base a bunch of red dots appeared under the bridge. I go down and there's the result of a massive shootout with a bunch of wounded people. One red dot is about 20m away so I go see and he has a case with $50k in and says "now you're a dead man" or something and dies.

I also met
Packie
from GTA:IV. He was robbing some guy with a buddy and I gave them a lift.

I think I found a No Country for Old Men random encounter. playing as Trevor near the military base a bunch of red dots appeared under the bridge. I go down and there's the result of a massive shootout with a bunch of wounded people. One red dot is about 20m away so I go see and he has a case with $50k in and says "now you're a dead man" or something and dies.

I also met
Packie
from GTA:IV. He was robbing some guy with a buddy and I gave them a lift.

Does
Packie
show up randomly and/or will you know when he needs help?

duckroll

What are you supposed to do when the blue dot random encounter people stop talking? The blue dot stays, as though there's something else you can do

Depends on what they want? It's usually a random encounter mission option. If they got robbed, you chase down the thief and get their vehicle/wallet back. If they need a ride you drive up to them in a vehicle and they'll get in. Etc.

Multiple endings/playable characters dying.

I hate the former with a passion in pretty much every game, but much more in a game that doesn't really end.

The latter sounds game-breakingly stupid.

I won't say too much unless you want me to, but don't worry about it.

Future

Damn. I agree with peeps complaining about the wanted system. Getting 1 star now is such a pain in the ass. I'll avoid the cops and be well on my way only to have some new cops retrigger everything again. That blinking star when their light of sight is gone takes sooooo long to go away.

Triggering the cops is also so sensitive. I got into a cab that hand a passenger already, and he got out and called the damn cops.

When cops are chasing I'm still not sure the best way to get away. They chase me through alleys and up mountains. Ramps seem kind of consistent but the seem hard to find in the heat of the moment

Pooya

how you do Maude's requests? I'm clueless >.< met her very early in the game and don't remember much now, I can't even find the message she sent.

----
best way to lose cops is, first break line of sight and go in wanted mode, hiding actually works. They can't see through walls. Even on foot, taking cover behind bushes works. Just find somewhere and stay, pretty easy. Speeding away is much harder.

Depends on what they want? It's usually a random encounter mission option. If they got robbed, you chase down the thief and get their vehicle/wallet back. If they need a ride you drive up to them in a vehicle and they'll get in. Etc.

Sometimes its someone just having a chat with you, and they just stand there afterwards but their icon doesn;t disappear

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Does
Packie
show up randomly and/or will you know when he needs help?

I just met him randomly. He was robbing some guy near a petrol station.

as you drive him home he talks about LC a bit and how he is looking for work. He gets added to your contacts so I assume you can use him later on jobs. I haven't got that far.

I think the random things are great. I gave a guy a lift to the airport. he was going to LC on some big deal and gave me stock tips. Made $100k in about 20 minutes.

Milchjon

Damn. I agree with peeps complaining about the wanted system. Getting 1 star now is such a pain in the ass. I'll avoid the cops and be well on my way only to have some new cops retrigger everything again. That blinking star when their light of sight is gone takes sooooo long to go away.

Triggering the cops is also so sensitive. I got into a cab that hand a passenger already, and he got out and called the damn cops.

When cops are chasing I'm still not sure the best way to get away. They chase me through alleys and up mountains. Ramps seem kind of consistent but the seem hard to find in the heat of the moment

I usually just drive off the road and up a small mountain. The one at the Eastern Highway leading out of Los Santos has helped me many, many times in that regard.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
how you do Maude's requests? I'm clueless >.< met her very early in the game and don't remember much now, I can't even find the message she sent.

She sends you an email with a picture of the map of where to find the person.

Bounty missions don't show up on the map. They're like the treasure maps from Red Dead, you just have to figure out where the person is.

duckroll

Should be an email containing the guy's photo profile and a top down map image of his last known location. Just look at the road formations and compare it with the game map to find the rough location, then drive there and look around with a sniper scope until you spot the target. Try to approach the target without being seen until you're close then take a non-lethal shot at him with a handgun or something and point it at him as he gets up. You can kill any backup he has. Once they surrender you can take them into a vehicle and drive back to Maude.

Future

----
best way to lose cops is, first break line of sight and go in wanted mode, hiding actually works. They can't see through walls. Even on foot, taking cover behind bushes works. Just find somewhere and stay, pretty easy. Speeding away is much harder.

A few nights ago I thought I found a nice rhythm of speeding out of sight, and switching cars or hiding. But man, lately just end up getting wasted as I try to pull every stunt I can try to get away.

I never tried just hiding behind walls though. Seems like some rogue cop happens to check your spot, buy maybe I wasn't hidden enough

As a Los Angeles dude, super impressed with their interpretation of the freeways out the city into the valley ish area to the north. Freeways actually look just like with the hills sprawling to the sides and everything. And going over the hill back into the city has similar views. Good shit

Future

So, nobody else with any little bugs to report?

I had a bug during a mission. Dude was supposed to show up for me to kill but didnt, even though the map had a red dot. Thought I just sucked and couldn't find the guy. Quit mission, restart to find him there easily

20 hrs in and that's the only bug, haha. Incredibly polished game

Just played a few missions with Michael, and
lol at what happens when he smokes weed

The funniest I have encountered yet was after
Michael took a hit from Jimmy's bong and started ranting about turd being the word

having trouble with one of the missions

FIB, like the third mission? where you get a tow truck and hide a getaway car. where the hell am I supposed to hide the car?

I think I left it
just opposite the entrance to the strip club

bud

franklin's mission for lester where
he has to kill, among other people, a juror
is leaving me confused.

there's supposedly a dirty window somewhere, but i can't find it.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
franklin's mission for lester where
he has to kill, among other people, a juror
is leaving me confused.

there's supposedly a dirty window somewhere, but i can't find it.

For that

Not a dirty window, a juror who's a window cleaner and you can see the trolley thing up in the sky and kill the juror on it

Future

ah! thank you.

That's the exact mission I was mentioning that was bugged out! Dude wasn't where e was supposed to be. Spent forever looking. Restarted the mission (not from checkpoint) and then he was where he was supposed to be and really obvious

GQman2121

Banned
Wait for a sunny day, grab a street bike and hop on the Del Perro FWY north out of the city and just ride. Tell me that shit doesn't look exactly like what you think modern day Road Rash should, would and could look and play like.

GTA ONLINE is going to be fucking incredible.

komplanen

Just finished the game after putting in
hours and with a percentage of
%. Really loved the game for its story and gameplay and can't wait for October 1st to start rolling with my GAF homeboys :)

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
ah! thank you.

No problem! :) (assuming I'm right)

Just a did a mission for Trevor (at least 2/3s of the way through the main story, SPOILERS)

where he kills both Floyd and Debra (though you don't do it/see it). Pitch black humour there. I found it hilarious and very disturbing at the same time. I love that they don't forget how much of a psycho Trevor.

Dead Man

So question about Lesters missions and the stock market:

How long after doing the mission will the stock reach it's peak price? Is it instant, or are you better off waiting for a while to sell after doing the assassination?

Kiraly

So question about Lesters missions and the stock market:

How long after doing the mission will the stock reach it's peak price? Is it instant, or are you better off waiting for a while to sell after doing the assassination?

Better off waiting, it will rise for the next couple of in-game days.

LuchaShaq

Banned
Just hit the first mission where you HAVE to fly...ugh.

Are there alot of mandatory flying missions? They have always been the turd in the punch bowl of the gta series for me, and why I never finished san andreas.

Is there a way to trigger the meeting with (random encounter spoiler)
packie?

I want to have him with me from the word go!

Also can you change your license plate reserved from the iPhone app? I spelt mine "tecup" ... Humiliating

Picked up Lamar to hang out in a helicopter and took him around the city

"oh snap of course. what else would your crazy ass be driving. fuckin weirdo"

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

Also its fun hunting/delivering bails bond targets in a helicopter

rjcc

The funniest I have encountered yet was after
Michael took a hit from Jimmy's bong and started ranting about turd being the word

I think I left it
just opposite the entrance to the strip club

Now i'm in the mission

hit the truck, they keep yelling at trevor to take out a sniper team, but I can't find any more snipers to shoot. I shot two, and I don't see any more. ugh.

HA and right after I post that I find the third guy. I swear he wasn't there before.

Yager

Banned
Met Trevor yesterday. I don't know if I'm supposed to love him or hate him, but man...he's awesome.

Also, a bug I encountered: a dog attacked me while I was getting into a car. My body disappeared and got the "Wasted" screen. Had to reload. (This was playing as Franklin).

Iceblade

So whatever happened to Kavinsky songs being on the radio in this game? All these news sites earlier in the year kept saying he'd be on a radio station which I cannot find in the game now that it's out. Was it bull crap?

anddo0

Fix this shit R*. I can't trade stocks AT ALL. I thought if I gave it time, but nope. I can't use the stock market at all, offline/online.

Kiraly

Cheers :) I think I wasted the first one :(

Don't feel bad, I wasted most of them because I was fed up with fucking Bawsaq not working and just wanted to complete them :lol

A guy on Reddit ended up with (money amount)
threehundred and fifty million usd
by doing the contracts after the game had ended.

Top Bottom