• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT2| <Title available for purchase>

nib95

Banned
I only had Micheal in a suit at first, but I have to say, those up-tight suits, that can be bought in those cheap stores, where you see the socks, really suit Trevor. Looks like a freaking maniac-killer-psycho-clown in it.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| - U NO KEEP CUSTOM CAR

What cheap stores that sell socks?

Fantastic game and loving the hell out of it. After15 hours still some problems withh the PS3 controls though and there's some inputlag Are there any people who played both versions? Thinking about getting the 360 version for GTA online, gonna get slaughtered using the DS3 I think ( I enjoyed controlling GTA4 better with the 360 controller thb )

I dressed Trevor up as a classy gangsta, Gave him some nice shoes, some khaki slacks with an orange polo then a full thick beard some thick black sunglasses and a hat. I like the way he looks a lot. It bums me out when I switch to him and he's wearing his white tshirt or his other weird clothing

Absolutely loving this game so far but one thing is starting to greatly disappoint me, is the Monster from San Andreas not in here? Tried to look it up and just keep getting people trying to call the Sandking a monster truck when it's really nothing but a normal truck with raised suspension. Every time I go into Blaine county I miss that damn truck :(

nib95

Banned
I added that later. The suit,
(which can be bought in the cheap stores)
, where you can see the socks.

What is the store called again?

You mean discount stores? Didn't realise they sold suits. Though I do remember seeing "cheap suit" somewhere. Maybe Binco's?

botty

Banned
The fact that half the game isn't even out yet is completely blowing my mind right now. Every single penny Rockstar earns from this is so deserved.

Zukuu

Banned
You mean discount stores? Didn't realise they sold suits. Though I do remember seeing "cheap suit" somewhere. Maybe Binco's?

Yeah, I think it's Binco. You don't really see them, you need to search one of the clothing rails at the wall.

He looks really awesome in it. (in a non-generic color like orange/brown, or turquoise)

Kyzon

I just drove to the end of the world. It was creepy. When I hit the border, my engine shut off and my jet ski slowly sank into the ocean. I tried punching the shark, but it ate me. :(

Jaded

Banned
Ok, i am frustrated like hell. Is my PS3 controller broken or something? I'm trying to just complete the first mission with Franklin and nearly every time i take a corner he jumps out of the car when i hit either the Brake or E-brake, what am i doing wrong here? Anyone?

Carcetti

Can you mod Franklin's motorcycle and does it keep the mods if so?

Also, my Michael seems to have lost all vehicles. Doesn't he have a permanent car like Trevor and Franklin?

wizzbang

Banned
Ok, i am frustrated like hell. Is my PS3 controller broken or something? I'm trying to just complete the first mission with Franklin and nearly every time i take a corner he jumps out of the car when i hit either the Brake or E-brake, what am i doing wrong here? Anyone?

E-Brake is X or R1 (IIRC) you're not hitting triangle are you?

A tip I just discovered for anyone who might be having trouble swimming
in triathlons, for example.
You swim much faster underwater than on the surface.

One weird gripe I have is that your stats go up too quickly. I mean I guess getting all gold in the shooting range should make you an expert marksman, but I did that early on and part of me wanted to still have that skill build up the rest of the way.

Jaded

Banned
E-Brake is X or R1 (IIRC) you're not hitting triangle are you?

No, not at all. Just as an example i went over a small bridge and i went to do car acrobatics, i made sure the only fingers i had on the front of the controller we're my thumb on the left stick and one finger on the accelerator and he still jumped out of the car in mid-air, this is pissing me off.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Wait I'm having a brain fart... how do you detonate sticky bombs?

And also, second heist question...
How do you actually start the heist? I got the chopper and the submarine but there's no other missions on the map
I failed the mission cause of that it tells you how during the running/hiding

Zukuu

Banned
A tip I just discovered for anyone who might be having trouble swimming
in triathlons, for example.
You swim much faster underwater than on the surface.

One weird gripe I have is that your stats go up too quickly. I mean I guess getting all gold in the shooting range should make you an expert marksman, but I did that early on and part of me wanted to still have that skill build up the rest of the way.
Not that skills actually provide anything meaningful. It's rather shallow and subtle what they influence. Only time I noticed weapon skill was with he steadiness when you sniper. More lung / staminer is really just that. A tard longer. Special as well. Flying doesn't seem to do anything noteworthy, just like Driving imo. Maybe if you could toggle between 0 and 100, you could notice something, but even that I somehow doubt.

Wish the game had more in depth RPG elements. Would have been rather cool.

Omni

How do you release smoke while parachuting? I bought black smoke or something, but it doesn't deploy automatically.

scsa

Reset your controller by poking a pin in that little slot on the back of the controller. My player kept ejecting out of the car; I put on another game and the same thing was happening with the triangle input of that game.

Figured it was the controller acting up. Reset it and having a great time with GTA V.

Beren

Just finished the main story, the game is just amazing, i have no idea how they managed to make the game to look so good :O, i can't imagine how awesome this game would be without jaggies :)

Some things tho, the side missions sometimes made no sense and were too short, and they have like no real conclusion? :s

My favorite GTA no doubt!

Jaded

Banned
Reset your controller by poking a pin in that little slot on the back of the controller. My player kept ejecting out of the car; I put on another game and the same thing was happening with the triangle input of that game.

Figured it was the controller acting up. Reset it and having a great time with GTA V.

Ok, i will try this. And yes, i can confirm that when i use L2 break, he ejects himself from the car WTF!!!

Not that skills actually provide anything meaningful. It's rather shallow and subtle what they influence. Only time I noticed weapon skill was with he steadiness when you sniper. More lung / staminer is really just that. A tard longer. Special as well. Flying doesn't seem to do anything noteworthy, just like Driving imo. Maybe if you could toggle between 0 and 100, you could notice something, but even that I somehow doubt.

Wish the game had more in depth RPG elements. Would have been rather cool.

Just more reason to look forward to the PC version, I guess!

How do you cycle quickly? I keep getting toasted during the longer bicycle races. I have no idea what I can do differently. Holding R1 seems to do...something. As does pushing forward on the left stick. Either way I still get overtaken. Edit: Yeah, I know about mashing X. Did not know R1 for quick turns, though. Hmmm

Endgame spoiler DON'T READ IF YOU'RE NOT DONE THE GAME

Which ending did you guys choose? First time I chose Trevor because I thought choice C would get Franklin killed.. after finishing the game with choice A I felt extremely empty inside lol. Thank GOD I made a new save after finishing the Big Score mission.

Edit: Is it possible to find cars like a Cheetah or Adder? Or do I have to buy them off the internet?

Zukuu

Banned
Just more reason to look forward to the PC version, I guess!

How do you cycle quickly? I keep getting toasted during the longer bicycle races. I have no idea what I can do differently. Holding R1 seems to do...something. As does pushing forward on the left stick. Either way I still get overtaken.

Just like sprinting. MASH X~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

R1 is for quick turns if I recall.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
Holyshit really Rockstar Social has a map of what you've found and what you haven't found, so you don't need to search every inch of the map for the collectibles or random events you can just look at their map and see where they are and go there.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Does the Lifeinvader stocks ever raise? It's been 6 days now and still down -400%. How can I get it back up?

equil

Endgame spoiler DON'T READ IF YOU'RE NOT DONE THE GAME

Which ending did you guys choose? First time I chose Trevor because I thought choice C would get Franklin killed.. after finishing the game with choice A I felt extremely empty inside lol. Thank GOD I made a new save after finishing the Big Score mission.

Edit: Is it possible to find cars like a Cheetah or Adder? Or do I have to buy them off the internet?

Yea i chose
A and didnt have a save but luckily you can still 100% the game.
And you can find an Adder parked near one of the areas with all the rich stores.

Jaded

Banned
Yeah, i give up. My PS3 controller is just doing anything it wants even after the reset. Not only is Franklin still diving out of the car even when i baby the car around a corner but it is even switching cameras at random times along with pulling up the phone as well....damn im pissed.

I just finished the main story and it was amazing..... would erase my memory and do it again. Btw, the trick to get 150 mil for the golf course is that you have to hold out of all the assassination mission until you finish the main story. That way, you will have around 30mil and can double up through stock trade.

Zukuu

Banned
Yeah, i give up. My PS3 controller is just doing anything it wants even after the reset. Not only is Franklin still diving out of the car even when i baby the car around a corner but it is even switching cameras at random times along with pulling up the phone as well....damn im pissed.

Did you tried wired? You need to hold that reset button for a few seconds btw.

Otherwise, you need a new controller.

Jaded

Banned
Did you tried wired? You need to hold that reset button for a few seconds btw.

Otherwise, you need a new controller.

Yeah, even before i saw your post i tried it with it being connected and the same damn thing. For example, when i'm on foot, if you hit the the down button on the dpad it is suppose to bring up your stats but it was 50/50 that and the phone coming up. ugh, goddamnit. Thanks for the suggestions though Zukuu.

Hey guys, has anyone encountered any little (small, insignificant, nothing game-breaking) glitches or bugs yet?

Here's what I've come up with in over 20 hours of game play, which I think is pretty damn good for an open world game of this scope and detail running on 7 year old hardware:

I've had only three little glitches, none of them game-breaking in the slightest (a bus clipped through part of the environment once, a one-second frame freeze that made me think the game had locked up but it corrected itself, and one bizarre collision problem when my car was wedged between some rocks and pursuing cop cars...sent my vehicle straight up into the air).

Anyone want to compare notes?

Retail PS3 version, here. But anyone experiencing any bugs should comment on them.

So guys, what.s up with the absence of money in this game? It's probably part of the game that the three characters don't get paid for their services, but it's starting to piss me off. I need that dough, yo.

kiyomi

I've had only three little glitches, none of them game-breaking in the slightest (a bus clipped through part of the environment once, a one-second frame freeze that made me think the game had locked up but it corrected itself, and one bizarre collision problem when my car was wedged between some rocks and pursuing cop cars...sent my vehicle straight up into the air).

Anyone want to compare notes?

Retail PS3 version, here. But anyone experiencing any bugs should comment on them.

I've had 2 vehicles 'teleport' in front of me, causing me to crash unavoidably. One major hitch when running around, but nothing else. Retail PS3. Really impressive for such a big and diverse world.

I've had 2 vehicles 'teleport' in front of me, causing me to crash unavoidably. One major hitch when running around, but nothing else. Retail PS3. Really impressive for such a big and diverse world.

I KNOW, right? There are obvious dips in framerate and some mild pop-in, but I just don't get the complaints. This game runs extremely well for what it is, and the hardware it's running on. It's the best looking/running open world game, for my money,

Thanks for posting your glitch encounters.

Anyone else??

Top Bottom