• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT2| <Title available for purchase>

Ambitious

Is it possible to switch the shoulder view when aiming?
Also, is there a shortcut for delivering people to the Altruist Club (e.g. cabs?) or do I really have to drive up there every time?

Dreaver

It's extremely hard to escape from the cops with a motorcycle. They either try to hit you with their car or the helicopter kills you. Makes it challenging though.

The Franklin stranger mission with the guy stuck in a tree is great fun and hilarious when Franklin is speaking to the dog. *woof*" "What was that boy? there's a guy stuck in a tree?" *woof woof* "You should have left him there but you don't have empirical morals?"

Also, is there a shortcut for delivering people to the Altruist Club (e.g. cabs?) or do I really have to drive up there every time?

Well it's always an option, and not the easier one. But I like taking them if only to here their dialogue which changes to worry when they realise you're going in the completely wrong direction.

JackHerer

I do agree with the others complaining about the lack of ways to make any significant amount of money.

It is really annoying that you don't make any really significant amount of money from the heists
until after the last heist is complete

Also, I don't think I'll ever make enough money to buy the golf course. It would take a very long time of playing the stock market to get $150,000,000.

Kiraly

I do agree with the others complaining about the lack of ways to make any significant amount of money.

It is really annoying that you don't make any really significant amount of money from the heists

Also, I don't think I'll ever make enough money to buy the golf course. It would take a very long time of playing the stock market to get $150,000,000.

Someone posted this on Reddit:

Some properties are worth it that give you perks, like the Autobody shop for Franklin, because you will probably end up spending more on upgrades by the time you are done. Other properties, however, will take way too much time to be reasonable. Correct me if I am wrong with any of this please.
A week is 5 hours, 36 minutes of game play right?
Let's use Tivoli Cinema as an example.
It costs 30 million dollars. It makes $142,300 a week.
Using some math, that will take 211 in game weeks to pay itself off.
Using some more math, it will take 1181.6 real game play hours to pay itself off. That is roughly 49 days of continuous game play.
To put that in perspective, that's playing the game 8 hours a day for about 148 days for a dedicated gamer.
If you are an average gamer and lets say, play 3 hours a day, it will take you over a year to start making profit.
If you play every so often, you'll probably have bought Grand Theft Auto 6 before you make a profit.
If I messed up on any of the math, please tell me. If you want me to do the math for other properties as well, I'll do that too.
Edit: For those talking about sleeping, you would have to sleep 5908 times to break even, I explain more in a comment.

http://www.reddit.com/r/GrandTheftAutoV/comments/1msy6w/minor_spoilers_capitalization_rates_for_all/

RaikuHebi

Banned
I hope DLC includes more missions centered around each characters lifestyle and their other friends; Trevor in the countryside, Franklin in the hood and Michael in Rockford Hills.These missions were actually my favourite in the game despite the focus from R* being on the heists.

These can still include character switching since seeing the dynamic of each character in the environment of the one of the others was funny; Trevor blasting Ballas and helping Michael's family or Franklin and Lamar in the countryside.

I wonder if making money playing online is how that is going to play out.

Also in terms of it taking too long to make money on certain properties, just advance the time by saving over and over again in a safehouse.

Anybody else playing with Free Aim? I just had to switch to Assisted Aiming so I could
get the 45 kills with Trevor in one of his Rampages, goddamn.
It takes a lot of the challenge and fun away to have lock-on.

I don't get the complaints about framerate or input lag, either. I haven't noticed anything like that getting in the way. And when you compare it to previous GTAs, V is buttery smooth.

As for the properties not making any sense financially...you gotta think R* has some plans for increasing your property's moneymaking ability somehow (GTA Online??), or they'll patch it up. None of the ones I've purchased have made any sense.

MoGamesXNA

Unconfirmed Member
I hope DLC includes more missions centered around each characters lifestyle and their other friends; Trevor in the countryside, Franklin in the hood and Michael in Rockford Hills.These missions were actually my favourite in the game despite the focus from R* being on the heists.

These can still include character switching since seeing the dynamic of each character in the environment of the one of the others was funny; Trevor blasting Ballas and helping Michael's family or Franklin and Lamar in the countryside.

I agree. I can't help but shake the feeling that I would have liked the game even more if it was focused on a single character for the narrative (particularly Franklin). The character switching for the action scenes should stay though as it works well.

After having put around 30 hours into the game I think the heists should have been side missions, not the primary component of the story.

they shouldn't have taken out vigilante, firetruck, ambulance, taxi missions (yeah you can do taxis but it's just one at a time i think it used to give you a bonus for consecutive fares like crazy taxi). you're right, i haven't done many missions yet i just fuck around, and there don't seem to be a lot of ways to make money.

i wish robbing places was sustainable. seriously my favorite thing to do is rob a store and run from the cops. it's so fun. but, it's so hard to do, bc there's so few environments you can enter. really, they couldn't have just made every gas station enterable, or at least every 24/7 you find? they're really few and far between. it's fun as fuck robbing one and coming out to a parking lot full of cops and going on a chase. i just wish you could rob one, run to another, etc until you get caught, but there's so few places to rob, and you can't even see alot of them on the map. this huge ass map and they couldn't have thrown in a mall anywhere? there really don't seem to be more indoor environments than were in san andreas on ps2.

that's basically my biggest gripe. just copy/paste an interior on all the gas stations. it's annoying how few places there are to go inside/rob. which i personally find infinitely more fun than just randomly killing people and going on chases, it's more hood like. and vigilante missions were like, the only legit way to go around killing people without getting a wanted level; those were endless fun for me

Can you somehow replay a bail bond mission when you killed the guy without loading to a prior point? Or does it not matter if they are alive or not for 100%?

Chipotle

One of my favourite things to do on GTA games is to have a couple of friends over and take turns to create a load of chaos then swap round when one of us dies. Haven't had the chance to do that yet but what are some of the best places to go and things to do that people have come across for that kind of play?

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Like the night time ambiance

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

Anson225

just remember all the previews mention the "combat jog" thing
so how does it actually work? i forgot if the tutorial mentioned it.

they shouldn't have taken out vigilante, firetruck, ambulance, taxi missions (yeah you can do taxis but it's just one at a time i think it used to give you a bonus for consecutive fares like crazy taxi). you're right, i haven't done many missions yet i just fuck around, and there don't seem to be a lot of ways to make money.

i wish robbing places was sustainable. seriously my favorite thing to do is rob a store and run from the cops. it's so fun. but, it's so hard to do, bc there's so few environments you can enter. really, they couldn't have just made every gas station enterable, or at least every 24/7 you find? they're really few and far between. it's fun as fuck robbing one and coming out to a parking lot full of cops and going on a chase. i just wish you could rob one, run to another, etc until you get caught, but there's so few places to rob, and you can't even see alot of them on the map. this huge ass map and they couldn't have thrown in a mall anywhere? there really don't seem to be more indoor environments than were in san andreas on ps2.

that's basically my biggest gripe. just copy/paste an interior on all the gas stations. it's annoying how few places there are to go inside/rob. which i personally find infinitely more fun than just randomly killing people and going on chases, it's more hood like. and vigilante missions were like, the only legit way to go around killing people without getting a wanted level; those were endless fun for me

Yeah it was disappointing to jump into a police car and not have the option to go chase people down. I loved that in IV. The annoying this though about it in IV was the fact that you couldn't do it for long as you would have cops all over you soon after taking out various criminals.

Ambulance missions, always loved those.

Maybe Rockstar can add this in with later DLC and patches. Shouldn't take too much effort.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
L3 to go into stealth mode and then R1 or O when behind someone to knock them out.

Also, directly from the strategy guide:

I think this may be mentioned randomly on the left-hand side of the screen while the game loads. I didn't know about it at all and will be taking people out with stealth moves more often now.

One of the very early Franklin missions made use of this.

Anyone managed to get to the top of Chiliad in a car, if so what car did you use?

Heh, yeah but it was a 4x4 off road truck. Got hairy even then. Slid off a ledge once and only barely managed to lock the brakes up, spin the back wheels and gun it up the steep slope before completely losing it and falling down the mountain god knows how far.

JackHerer

I don't get the complaints about framerate or input lag, either. I haven't noticed anything like that getting in the way. And when you compare it to previous GTAs, V is buttery smooth.

Input lag was horrendous on my 40+ inch Samsung HDTV. Playing on my 23 inch ASUS monitor feels perfect though. No noticeable input lag and I am sensitive to these things.

Montresor

What is the number you can call to find out the name of a song. I get that the radio stations now feature song name and artist name but I'd like a permanent text message on my in-game phone with those details whenever I find a song I really like.

Lima

just remember all the previews mention the "combat jog" thing
so how does it actually work? i forgot if the tutorial mentioned it.

While aiming press and hold A/X

Do the airfield missions
start recycling when you've done them all?

Yes. There are five different missions for the plane and five for the buggy. Once you have done all ten the missions just repeat.

What is the number you can call to find out the name of a song. I get that the radio stations now feature song name and artist name but I'd like a permanent text message on my in-game phone with those details whenever I find a song I really like.

Pull out your real smartphone and use Shazam? ;)

Anybody else playing with Free Aim? I just had to switch to Assisted Aiming so I could
get the 45 kills with Trevor in one of his Rampages, goddamn.
It takes a lot of the challenge and fun away to have lock-on.

Yup, it's the only way to play rockstars games - otherwise the action scenes basically play themselves. Euphoria has some nice locational damage built into it as well, which you miss out on if the games always snapping your aim.

PSA for all GTAV players: turn off Rockstars silly aim assists.

Alienous

Did anyone notice that the female FIB
agent who threatens sodomization to the guy you later torture
is a returning character from
GTA IV. She was Karen/Michelle, the one who introduces Niko to ULPC

kiyomi

Yeesh. Got killed by a couple of random bikers on yellow bikes as I was driving my 4x4 up past the dam in the South-East towards the wind farm. Haven't really had that happen before, so it was.. interesting.

Also then took a trip in a car at night and gosh darn is this game pretty at night, especially when you go under one of those tunnels with the green lighting and it reflects off all the cars. I was driving for about 30 minutes, got onto some freeway I'd never been down before, and found myself in all sorts of places, forests, dust tracks etc. Just love the feeling of exploring in this game and not knowing what you're gonna find.

I love the fact that you always have something to spend money on. Lots of money. I thought after my first big payday that I would just be able to do anything I wanted. Nope. That money went * poof * within minutes.

Being able to buy stocks on your cell phone is a dangerous thing. I'll never have a free dollar.

Moozo

Just share it to Rockstar Social and it'll be stored on your profile

zap

So I just beat the game... and realised that I shouldn't have done
all of the assassination missions before the $30m payout :(

Any money-making tips?

RaikuHebi

Banned
Did anyone notice that the female FIB
agent who threatens sodomization to the guy you later torture
is a returning character from
GTA IV. She was Karen/Michelle, the one who introduces Niko to ULPC
I suspected this as well. Glad to see I was spot on.

diamount

Banned
It's extremely hard to escape from the cops with a motorcycle. They either try to hit you with their car or the helicopter kills you. Makes it challenging though.

Depends, if you're on a highway you can get through gaps that they can't. Also I've had some encounters when the helicopter goes back to refuel.

Doesn't feel like it, I've had a lot of crashes where I've ended the wrong way up and had them not explode.

Mine landed straight on the roof rather than rolling onto it

Anyone else feel like the midair aftertouch and ability to flip your car back over take the risk, and a bit of the fun, out of cross country driving?

Also, the inconsistent damage from bing ejected from a vehicle is a bit annoying. Go flying out the windscreen at 90mph and you survive, go over the handlebars at 20mph and you die

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Oh wow there are women cops. One just ran past me chasing some guy who robbed a shop.

I love the cop chases in the game they feel so intense.

Maddocks

are the bounty hunter missions timed? I got the text saying hurry up but ignored it. So now I have no idea where to go to start the first one. I been to the place she told me to go but nothing happens.

Lima

are the bounty hunter missions timed? I got the text saying hurry up but ignored it. So now I have no idea where to go to start the first one. I been to the place she told me to go but nothing happens.

No. You can do them when you want. You are not at the right place though because the guy is definitely there.

Top Bottom