• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT2| <Title available for purchase>

QP3

I "accidentally" hit a guy in an underpass. I drove a few hundred meters more and watched from afar. He squirmed a little bit. Very soon, I heard sirens. An ambulance came and parked about 50 meters from him. The medics quickly jumped out, left the doors open, grabbed their equipment, and ran over to the injured man. At this time, I ditched my car, ran and jumped into the driver seat of the ambulance, and took off. I kind of feel bad for the guy now, but it was a lot of fun. I should have made my way to a vantage point to see how they reacted when they found their ambulance missing.

Also, I am all of a sudden much more interested in my IRL stocks thanks to the market in GTA V. Go figure.

komplanen

Big disappointment that you can't buy cowboy boots / hat :-(

Also on the comments about a $150,000,000 movie theater not paying for itself: I think that's a little silly. It's clearly just there for 100%'ers.

antitrop

Could someone describe this scene without spoiling the story?
Trevor has the ability to select from a range of torture devices spread out on a table...
pliers, a wrench, a can of water, and jumper cables.

Each one has its own specific mechanic of controls in order to be applied to the victim, you have to watch his heart rate so he doesn't die, and if so, you need to give him an adrenaline shot in order to keep him alive and continue the torture.

I don't know why I spoiler tagged that, as they've been openly saying that on national television since Tuesday, but whatever. :p

Tunavi

Banned
why does EVERYONE wanna fight in this game..?

i was on mt chilliad taking pictures, and a guy behind me started shouting at me, then his friend called the police.. i had to hit him before he called them, but somehow the police found out anyway..
he rolled down the mountain, i felt bad.
That's on you, bro

antitrop

Anybody else playing with Free Aim? I just had to switch to Assisted Aiming so I could
get the 45 kills with Trevor in one of his Rampages, goddamn.
It takes a lot of the challenge and fun away to have lock-on.

The poor framerate makes the game unplayable for me with Free Aim, but I will be playing that way once the PC version is released.

It's like molasses to aim in this game, no matter what I set the sensitivity to.

Trickster

Big disappointment that you can't buy cowboy boots / hat :-(

Also on the comments about a $150,000,000 movie theater not paying for itself: I think that's a little silly. It's clearly just there for 100%'ers.

Are any of the stores even worth buying? I bought some bar for i think 100k. And I get 920 bucks per weeks from it :|

Just realized why that area in Blaine County with all the hippies living in trailers and UFO messages looked so familiar

The Accidental Sea

DetEaoH.png

tried to save a few seconds by ordering a cab while parachuting, but there are 'none available' until you land. found it entertaining you can use your phone in midair tho

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Lol holy shit I just chose Trevor and he was wasted down an alley. I walked into the shop to buy some clothes while still drunk and I managed to buy a dress instead lol.

I don't know if you can do this all the time or unless just drunk.

I wasn't really feeling the soundtrack initially but it is starting to grow on me a bit. Chattersphere has felt really repetitive though. Same two sketches every time I turn it on.
Is there any public transport besides the cab?
there's a subway in the metro area. it's really slow though.

I dunno why people are so up in arms about the torture scene... it's bad, but it's not that bad, especially not compared to Trevor's treatment of Wade and especially Floyd. It's awful, dehumanizing, and incredibly abusive.

antitrop

I dunno why people are so up in arms about the torture scene... it's bad, but it's not that bad, especially not compared to Trevor's treatment of Wade and especially Floyd. It's awful, dehumanizing, and incredibly abusive.
The only people up in arms that I've seen are daytime television talk show hosts.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Was macking in the strip club as Franklin, enjoying a double dance when all at once the ladies ran away and I was faced with 3 angry bouncers, all jostling and looking big, bumping into each other and getting up in my grill.
0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

Franklin doesn't mind. He tries to take it in his stride.
0_0.jpg

But then I realise I'm stuck halfway into the seat and can't escape this awful strip club nightmare. So the only proper thing to do is engage in fisticuffs, and win.
0_0.jpg

I love this game. Just unlocked Trevor. Holy shit, you guys weren't kidding about his intro! It's amazing how easy it is to "roleplay" the characters. I find myself playing in a fairly reserved manner as Michael and Franklin, but as Trevor it's no holds barred. Somehow, it feels better letting off steam as him than any other character in the GTA universe, and I've barely been playing him for 2 hours.

Megasoum

Banned
I keep hearing how terrible the last triathlon is and everything....then I realized...my adapter to use the 360 pad on PS3 has turbo switches.....mouhahahahaha.

SJRB

Gold Member
I've hit a bit of a snag. For a mission Michael is supposed to take lessons over at the Flight School, and Franklin is told to practice shooting down at Ammu-Nation.

I got Michael's flight skill up to 100/100 but I didn't finish the entire course. I did finish the entire course with Franklin, but didn't get his skill up to 100/100.

What am I supposed to do here?

Megasoum

Banned
I've hit a bit of a snag. For a mission Michael is supposed to take lessons over at the Flight School, and Franklin is told to practice shooting down at Ammu-Nation.

I got Michael's flight skill up to 100/100 but I didn't finish the entire course. I did finish the entire course with Franklin, but didn't get his skill up to 100/100.

What am I supposed to do here?

I think (not sure but I think) that what's important is to actually finish all the challenges, whatever your score. Didn't do Frank yet but I remember getting a message or something from Trevor when I finished all the skills in flight school.

Also, I'm starting to have some spare change playing the stock market... What should I buy? I didn't buy any property yet.

Jrmint

Question about the first heist mission:

Is it possible to steal the Bugstar van without alerting the cops? They are really a pain to evade in that van.

SJRB

Gold Member
I think (not sure but I think) that what's important is to actually finish all the challenges, whatever your score. Didn't do Frank yet but I remember getting a message or something from Trevor when I finished all the skills in flight school.

I was afraid of that - the helicopter course is kicking my ass. Not sure what it is, but helicopters control like total garbage in this game.

Sheesh, and there's a helicopter speedrun course as well, good lord. This is going to take forever.

Megasoum

Banned
I was afraid of that - the helicopter course is kicking my ass. Not sure what it is, but helicopters control like total garbage in this game.

Sheesh, and there's a helicopter speedrun course as well, good lord. This is going to take forever.

Yeah I'm not a fan of the new helicopter controls.

The turbulence can be annoying in planes but I don't mind it too much. With the choppers however, I just can't go in a straight line....

Is it possible to steal the Bugstar van without alerting the cops? They are really a pain to evade in that van.

Yes. I did it.

Sneak in through the back, knock the guy out, then quietly reverse the van out the back you came in and drive away.

Arcteryx

Yes for the Bugstar van: you walk past the guys at the front, and go around through a side entrance on the left in sneak mode; knock out a driver and drive through the front entrance with know one the wiser. The gas truck I was never able to find a way to get it without alerting the cops

On another note: the helicopter controls are WAAAAAAY too finicky. I have to constantly swap sensitivity it seems like between planes and helos.

Has anyone else had trouble getting the game to recognize your FB is linked to Social Club?

I can't upload pics because it says I'm using an account that isn't linked or doesn't haev notifications enabled. I have both, and even double checked by unlinking my FB and removing the app, then relinking.

It's a bit frustrating. The "Link your Facebook account" down at the bottom of the Settings menu is greyed out, so I can't select it.

Suggestions?

Also, I'm starting to have some spare change playing the stock market... What should I buy? I didn't buy any property yet.

You done any Leater missions? You can clean up on his tips.

Otherwise just buy random stocks sell when you have some profit. Then invest in some more.

kiyomi

I just had a random encounter where I drove a guy to the golf club and when I got there, another car pulled up right alongside and exploded, killing everyone, including myself.

Meant to happen?

Top Bottom