• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT2| <Title available for purchase>

Hellcrow

Had my first "switch to Trevor" moment when he was already driving down the freeway with 2 stars on his wanted level. Asshole ended up losing me 5000 dollars. :(

Anyway, a question about buying stocks that are going to be going way up due to assassinations: when Lester tells you what stock to buy, but before you actually complete the assassination, can you switch to the other two character and also have them buy the stock without failing the mission?

Neah, but you can fail the mission first.

Tawpgun

Flight School was easy apart from the helicopter ones. I can never finish them on time. Always go into Silver time as soon as im about to land.

Hellcrow

So you mean fail the mission, and when it asks if you want to retry, choose to quit, then buy the stock with the other characters?

Yeah, and then redo the mission. Or you can just check what stocks the mission affects through a walkthrough. Don't see the big difference.

Anson225

is it possible to miss certain sections from the shrink? since the one I went to is pretty specific to what's happening in the main story line.

also, I thought LCN is an offline (story mode) stock market and BAWSAQ is online (social club), but one of the stock mentioned in Lester's mission is listed under BAWSAQ.
can someone clear up about the stock markets?

thanks a bunch guys!

Pryor

I just love Trevor so much everything he says is just gold. I don't think I have ever laughed so much at a game before.
Best one so far is the
kidnapping mission for the old couple where you chase the actor through the street and he ends up crashing through the hospital and just before you catch him Trevor says "Well, it'd be rude not to follow him through the window..."

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
What's the difference between BAWSAQ and LCN? Which one should I be using?

Whatever stocks are recommended in missions and by strangers. BAWSAQ is supposed to be controlled by data collected by Rockstar Social Club, but it's not working, LCN should be affected by your ingame actions only, but that doesnt seem to work either.

What does work though is when you are given a tip by someone to buy stock X that stock will go up in price so you should dump everything you have into it. Especially if its mentioned in a mission, though that will require you to exit out of said mission so you can switch to all 3 characters, else wise only the one character can capitalize on it.

789shadow

Banned
is it possible to miss certain sections from the shrink? since the one I went to is pretty specific to what's happening in the main story line.

also, I thought LCN is an offline (story mode) stock market and BAWSAQ is online (social club), but one of the stock mentioned in Lester's mission is listed under BAWSAQ.
can someone clear up about the stock markets?

thanks a bunch guys!
I thought they're basically just two different stock markets. Sort of like NASDAQ and the main one that I can't remember the name of.

Raxious

Ugh, I found the worst mission ever:
5 miles pilgrimage for Epsilon
the fact that every time you die resets the amount is ridiculous.

does anyone know if cross platform saving will ever happen? like our cloud saves/online stats working on both PS3/Xbox 360? if that happens, I will double dip for sure. I have friends on both platforms..

Arcteryx

wtf

Starting to get really pissed with this Social Club bullshit. Seems like it's always offline, can't verify my email, privacy settings are too high(or something, but cant use the site to change anything), BAWSAQ doesn't work because of it and apparently I'm missing out on some freebies/haircuts because I can't sign-in to link my PSN...

Always-on interconnected bullshit ftl.

Has anyone had any luck manipulating the stock market outside of missions? I gave it a go earlier when I found the Cluckin' Bell HQ (it's on the main road in Paleto Bay to the north west) - I bought a bunch of stocks of Burger Shot and then set about blowing up the Cluckin' Bell trucks at their factory. They respawn pretty quickly, so I got through about about 6 trucks pretty quickly before the police killed me. I checked my portfolio afterwards and, although the Burger Shot stock had only risen a couple of points, I made $22 profit on each stock I had purchased.

However, I tried the same thing with PostOp and GoPost, but I ended up actually losing money on GoPost stock after blowing up a bunch of PostOp trucks and killing their employees at the depot. Seems kinda hit and miss.

Does anyone have some tips, or warehouse/HQ locations for the various companies in the game?

Megasoum

Banned
Ok the Pulse elite headphones are kinda cool. The surround is nothing amazing but the pulse feature itself is neat...

Heist #2 spoiler:

Shooting down choppers and then FEELING it in your ears when they hit the ground was amazing.

SirYoshi

I'm stuck att 99% done. The last thing I have left is something in Miscellaneous 15/16. But I've done everything in that section. I cannot for the life of me think of what I've missed. One of these things has to be bugged. Anyone having the same issue?

RaikuHebi

Banned
wait what, there are no fast food joints in the game..? no Cluckin Bell, Burger Shot or anything? i loved going to those in GTAIV to replenish health :( "welcome to Burger Shot muthafuckaaa!"
BON APPETITE MOTHAFUCKAAAA!

I too am disappointed at the lack of fast food eating. I wanted to eat a Beastly Style at Up n Atom.

Which reminds me, they need to bring In N Out to the UK. 4x4 Animal-style burger and their freshly-cut crunchy fries are godly. I make sure to eat there whenever I'm visiting my Uncle in LA.

I'd say mostly not. You have some to look forward to, though.
Unfortunately there weren't as many heists (and they weren't as elaborate) as their marketing seemed to suggest. Perhaps that's where the Online will shine.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
I'm stuck att 99% done. The last thing I have left is something in Miscellaneous 15/16. But I've done everything in that section. I cannot for the life of me think of what I've missed. One of these things has to be bugged. Anyone having the same issue?

Check out the Social Club website and it will tell you some of the Misc tasks you are missing.

Jarmel

Banned
I've said this before, but hands down the major flaw of this game is the
heists

I can accept only having 6 heists, as Rockstar said before the game was released. But only half of them are good. The first, fifth and sixth. Otherwise, you hardly get to pick a team, and they just seem like missions more than anything else. Seriously, flipping a van is considered one of the 6 major heists. And the logic of heists evaporates as the game continues, with characters mysteriously procuring getaway vehicles, weapons and armor. Just so lazy.

Absolutely agree. Fucking utter disappointment on that front.

I just noticed that my guy always turns the engine off when leaving a car, unlike in IV where you held the button down while leaving to do so. Anyone know a way other than bailing out to leave the engine on?

So I just did the first heist, and I absolutely loved it. Are the future heists at that level of fun?
My personal favorites were the first and last heists. The getaway in the first was great.

I just noticed that my guy always turns the engine off when leaving a car, unlike in IV where you held the button down while leaving to do so. Anyone know a way other than bailing out to leave the engine on?
Sadly, I don't think it's possible.

I just noticed that my ugy always turns the engine off when leaving a car, unlike in IV where you held the button down while leaving to do so. Anyone know a way other than bailing out to leave the engine on?

Don't think it's possible unless it happens randomly. You can't leave the driver-side door open either.

Insane!! Ran across an random event in the desert where a
drug deal went bad. So I took the money, told I was a deadman (by one of the people shot) and then got chased by some gang. I killed them, though for some reason there was a trail of gasoline ignited towards my car, and another car in traffic on the bridge I had a standoff on. They were lit and it caused like a 5 car explosion. Firefighters came to take out the blaze, and I got in the firetruck to help tackle the flames. Some asshole firefighter didn't approve so he beat the shit out of me and I simply defended myself which got the cops on my tail. So, here I am on this bridge with the cops coming after me. They take a while to get there since I'm in the outskirts. I walk past the 3 or 4 other firefighters on the left and right of me, and they use their extinguishers on me, as if I was making a WWE entrance. Then I realize there are two cruisers on either side of the bridge after me. I have no choice but to jump off the bridge, so I do. I expect to die, but then remember that I bought a parachute, so I cruise down on to the beach below and I lose the cops. Walk up to two chicks running on the beach, and decide to do a running stab at them. Kill them both, and get cops on me again. Four of them somehow show up on the beach so I struggle up the cliffs on to traffic, where I get taken out by some speeding douchebag.

I thought that you would be able to organise Heists outside of your missions. The fact that they're just main missions is kind of dissapointing, indeed.

RaikuHebi

Banned
I've said this before, but hands down the major flaw of this game is the
heists

I can accept only having 6 heists, as Rockstar said before the game was released. But only half of them are good. The first, fifth and sixth. Otherwise, you hardly get to pick a team, and they just seem like missions more than anything else. Seriously, flipping a van is considered one of the 6 major heists. And the logic of heists evaporates as the game continues, with characters mysteriously procuring getaway vehicles, weapons and armor. Just so lazy.
Most definitely. The marketing fooled us there.

I thought that you would be able to organise Heists outside of your missions. The fact that they're just main missions is kind of dissapointing, indeed.
Same here. Was expecting some proper GTA: RPG party selection kind of stuff.

Insane!! Ran across an random event in the desert where a
drug deal went bad. So I took the money, told I was a deadman (by one of the people shot) and then got chased by some gang. I killed them, though for some reason there was a trail of gasoline ignited towards my car, and another car in traffic on the bridge I had a standoff on. They were lit and it caused like a 5 car explosion. Firefighters came to take out the blaze, and I got in the firetruck to help tackle the flames. Some asshole firefighter didn't approve so he beat the shit out of me and I simply defended myself which got the cops on my tail. So, here I am on this bridge with the cops coming after me. They take a while to get there since I'm in the outskirts. I walk past the 3 or 4 other firefighters on the left and right of me, and they use their extinguishers on me, as if I was making a WWE entrance. Then I realize there are two cruisers on either side of the bridge after me. I have no choice but to jump off the bridge, so I do. I expect to die, but then remember that I bought a parachute, so I cruise down on to the beach below and I lose the cops. Walk up to two chicks running on the beach, and decide to do a running stab at them. Kill them both, and get cops on me again. Four of them somehow show up on the beach so I struggle up the cliffs on to traffic, where I get taken out by some speeding douchebag.
That is absolutely fantastic! Stories like this is why I love this franchise.

Tawpgun

Did the first Trevor Michael Franklin mission.

Character switching was amazing.
I ran out of Michaels slo mo, so I switched to Trevor, brought the helicoter around toward franklin, gave him a straight shot, switched to franklin and brought down the chopper.
THIS GAME!

The Paleto Bay heist was amazing. But yeah, disappointing that there weren't more of them. They have an awesome crew member system, they should've let us pull off our own heist side activities. Well, maybe DLC now.

SirYoshi

Check out the Social Club website and it will tell you some of the Misc tasks you are missing.

YES! Thanks. I was wondering why there wasnt a more detailed stats setup. I'm missing "hold up a store" even though I've done it, walked in shoot at the register and getaway with the money. But I'm not geting the credit for it. Is there another way to do it?

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
Most definitely. The marketing fooled us there.

The game itself fooled us. I didn't look into the marketing all that much, but even the very beginning of the game with the first heist and it's lead up and aftermath made it seem like we would be doing a lot more of it, with greater complexity. Instead it's been faux heist after faux heist, not a single one as detailed or heist feeling as the first.

Despite being such an outstanding game they really botched that one major aspect about as bad as possible which is really unacceptable and unfortunate.

The Paleto Bay heist was amazing. But yeah, disappointing that there weren't more of them. They have an awesome crew member system, they should've let us pull off our own heist side activities. Well, maybe DLC now.

I'm starting to think that now too and I don't like it. I would rather they use the DLC to make new experiences in the world, not make us pay for something that should have been in the main game. I really want a Natural Born Killers DLC with Trevor and a Thriller/Mystery DLC looking into weird occult things in Blaine County as some lady and odd stuff like that. I don't want to, nor should I have to, pay 15 bucks to experience something that should have been in the game to begin with.

RaikuHebi

Banned
The game itself fooled us. I didn't look into the marketing all that much, but even the very beginning of the game with the first heist and it's lead up and aftermath made it seem like we would be doing a lot more of it, with greater complexity. Instead it's been faux heist after faux heist, not a single one as detailed or heist feeling as the first.

Despite being such an outstanding game they really botched that one major aspect about as bad as possible which is really unacceptable and unfortunate.

I'm starting to think that now too and I don't like it. I would rather they use the DLC to make new experiences in the world, not make us pay for something that should have been in the main game. I really want a Natural Born Killers DLC with Trevor and a Thriller/Mystery DLC looking into weird occult things in Blaine County as some lady and odd stuff like that. I don't want to, nor should I have to, pay 15 bucks to experience something that should have been in the game to begin with.
Agree with you wholeheartedly and like your ideas for DLC too. I want the DLCs to add San Fierro and Las Venturas (plus more countryside, Area 51?). More reasonably I want each character to have more of their personal missions (Trevor in countryside, Michael in Rockford Hills and Franklin in the Hood).

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
If I recall correctly you have to wait a bit for the mission to open up.

Do you need to own a slip because I'm 70% done with the game and still no sub missions are showing up.

Edit: Also if you haven't get a bike and make sure you have just your fist equipped, no guns or bombs, and just leisurely stroll down the side wall holding L1/l Bumper and flip people off and hear your character curse at them and be a total asshole, lackadaisically riding a bike. It's awesome.

I have what is probably a very stupid question but I'm not particularly knowledge about this sort of thing. If I move a part of the GTA install onto another storage device will the game still play?

Top Bottom