• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT2| <Title available for purchase>

Lima

Does this work? Can I just replay the last mission over and over?

No it doesn't. The game saves the current state before replaying a mission and drops you back into that same state after finishing the mission. No money gets added, you will have the same money as before. So in short, no additional money from replaying missions.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
Anyone know how to hold up a store? I can't seem to get it to work.

Every store but the convenience stores, gas stations, you have to open the doors, point your gun at the clerk before entering and then shoot the registers. It's annoying, but they made it that way I assume so people didn't accidentally pull out a weapon in a shop.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Every store but the convenience stores, gas stations, you have to open the doors, point your gun at the clerk before entering and then shoot the registers. It's annoying, but they made it that way I assume so people didn't accidentally pull out a weapon in a shop.

Shoot the registers? Do you get extra cash or something?

Edit: Hmmm, i've never robbed a clothes store before.

Shoot the registers? Do you get extra cash or something? I've never shot them.

Edit: Hmmm, i've never robbed a clothes store before.

I've never shot anything; just aim at the cashier and he'll load up a bag with cash. I want to try using a headset, so I can yell profanities which makes them load the bag faster.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
Shoot the registers? Do you get extra cash or something? I've never shot them.

Well I've never had any clerk besides the 7/11 type guys give me cash, so yeah a shot gun to the register will pop out a money bag ranging from 100-400 bucks. Ammu-nation are the best because they have 2 registers, but I've seen a Blinko's I think in the north somehwhere that had 3 registers.

Also the gas stations have 2, one gets emptied by the clerk the other you shoot to get the cash.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Well I've never had any clerk besides the 7/11 type guys give me cash, so yeah a shot gun to the register will pop out a money bag ranging from 100-400 bucks. Ammu-nation are the best because they have 2 registers, but I've seen a Blinko's I think in the north somehwhere that had 3 registers.

Also the gas stations have 2, one gets emptied by the clerk the other you shoot to get the cash.

Ah, I see. Thanks.

naku

Abou the Merryweather heist:
Did anyone get any money out of it? If yes, is it up to the approach? Cause I did the off-shore approach and they bailed out at the hangar, and I didn't gaet any of the 20mil that was available.

So we have the skyfall cheat, but damn, I want a wingsuit

What's the likelihood of a wingsuit being added? We already have much improved skydiving and parachute and the skyfall animations are already perfect for a wingsuit

Imagine flying between the buildings or past the mountains, over the lake, making an awesome five-star getaway, etc.

Zukuu

Banned
Abou the Merryweather heist:
Did anyone get any money out of it? If yes, is it up to the approach? Cause I did the off-shore approach and they bailed out at the hangar, and I didn't gaet any of the 20mil that was available.

Nope. Same outcome.

Anson225

sorry to ask again but
is it possible to miss certain sections with the shrink? it seems the conversation is very tied to the storyline...

Is there an actual worthy reward for finding all of the
letters or UFO pieces

Don;t tell me what the reward is if there is one, just whether its anything worth bothering with :)

GQman2121

Banned
Mime action:

0_0.jpg

Max Payne action:

0_0.jpg

People were talking about not seeing hookers last night. Here's what I found within two square blocks of Textile City.

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

My favorite. Dude just walked right into my shot and started going through the trash.
0_0.jpg

Mary Jane? Noooooo!
0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

These are around the corner from Franklin's aunts house.
0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

So as you can see, there's no lack of options when it comes to Pro's in this game. It's quite amazing actually that they modeled so many different and unique characters that serve the same purpose. There might actually be more hookers in the game than there are stores to rob! #priorities

RaikuHebi

Banned
So we have the skyfall cheat, but damn, I want a wingsuit

What's the likelihood of a wingsuit being added? We already have much improved skydiving and parachute and the skyfall animations are already perfect for a wingsuit

Imagine flying between the buildings or past the mountains, over the lake, making an awesome five-star getaway, etc.
And Jetpack.

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
What I love about this game is no filler missions... gta's before it had a bunch of boring ones, this seems like all original stuff, no filler with open world like Just Cause 2.

I think it's good enough to give a degree of realism, 4 is fun though. One think about 4 is you can walk people to death. Not sure about this game, maybe I'll try later.

Also, afaik, Euphoria is the way AI behave to physic impact on the body, most of these are ragdolling with behavior generated from Euphoria. So I don't think Euphoria is being watered down (edit: ok, it is reduced quite a bit), but rather the ragdoll physics. It could be reduced due to the game is too heavy on the current system as well.

Jachaos

Finished it yesterday, great game though I'm disappointed there aren't as many heists as I thought. Also, I felt there were going to be more than 1 strip-club and that I could do missions in those. At least there's the lap-dance which is a kind of mini-game, but I've bought many properties and they don't really make you do in-depth activities or management for them. I can't even enter most of them ! I understand the Ballad of Gay Tony was a whole DLC built around a single activity, but they could've integrated that in GTA V and further developed a couple more. I thought choosing some of the things like decoration, opening hours, financial management etc. would be the ideal, the dream, but I can't even enter in those. It's a great game still and I've only scratched the surface as far as content goes. I'm hoping GTA V online adds a lot of stuff too for that part.

So far I feel TLOU had a much better story and music, as far as visuals go both would be much better served on a PS4 but GTA V the more out of the two, as there has been tons of pop-ins of entire bridges or roads or lights and textures loading sluggishly and few cars being on the road at time, in both the 360 and PSN versions so far. If GTA Online is better than TLOU multiplayer then GTA V will probably win my GOTY as the game part of it will have overall been better, but it's still a much closer fight than I thought when I heard there were 3 huge music producers and tons of songs and a huge budget.

Edit : By much better story I meant story-line, the ending
I chose C
is okay but I thought there would be more to it. I'm glad you can
choose
though, and I love all the interactions between characters all along the game and the characters themselves.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
The music in this game.

The music in this fucking game.

I know. When I first got the game I drove the coast bumping West Coast Classics and it has absolutely been one of the top gaming moments I've ever had. Just driving around taking in the scenery and feeling like I was doing it in my own car with a playlist I have on google music that is very similar.

I love how the map is really big but still perfectly manageable and even small. I mean I'll take my share of taxi rides but for the most part even the long drives are nice and short (five minutes?) while still giving the impression of being long due to all the variety in road-type and scenery. They really hit the sweet spot here.

I think it's good enough to give a degree of realism, 4 is fun though. One think about 4 is you can walk people to death. Not sure about this game, maybe I'll try later.

Strangely enough, normal civilians are fairly resistant unless you run into them, yet special NPCs can easily stumble about just by walking into them. I really hope the next gen and PC versions bring back the more advanced physics, or at least have the possiblity of modding them on PC. I'm guessing that's one thing they had to cut back on, seeing as how the game looks and runs far better than IV.

Arcteryx

The servers are really taking a beating aren't they? Can't get Bawsaq or snapmatic to work. It's kind of halting my progress.

No kidding. I'm on a mission where I can really utilize BAWSAQ to make some money...but it's been down for like 2 days now; plus I can't even retrieve the money I have in it atm...

I guess I'll just save and go play another game for a week or two until they fix their shit.

mcfrank

Can someone explain how garages work? I customized an Inferno, took it to a garage and then later used it in a mission. I can now not get that car from the garage or impound. Is there any point customizing cars if they are just going to disappear?

SirYoshi

Geez. Where are these gas stations and stores that arent on the map? Anyone that can make a quick picture on the map? I only have "hold up a store" left for the 100% and its driving me nuts that it doesnt credit for regular clothing/barber shops.

Omni

Can someone explain how garages work? I customized an Inferno, took it to a garage and then later used it in a mission. I can now not get that car from the garage or impound. Is there any point customizing cars if they are just going to disappear?

I think the big garages work.

UrbanRats

Goddamn anyone able to redeem the Social Club exclusive content, are able to tell why i can't? The game is linked ( i can see the up to date stats on the site) but i don't have any of the exclusive content (SMG, Car, Haircuts), and yet i DO have the LifeInvader discounts.

The fuck is going on? I opened i ticket with R*, but still no response.

Top Bottom