• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT2| <Title available for purchase>

Arcteryx

Goddamn anyone able to redeem the Social Club exclusive content, are able to tell why i can't? The game is linked ( i can see the up to date stats on the site) but i don't have any of the exclusive content (SMG, Car, Haircuts), and yet i DO have the LifeInvader discounts.

The fuck is going on? I opened i ticket with R*, but still no response.

I have the same issue. I've had my account linked for like 3+ years and yet it somehow doesn't show up correctly for GTA5.

uber frustrated with the Social Club lol

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Geez. Where are these gas stations and stores that arent on the map? Anyone that can make a quick picture on the map? I only have "hold up a store" left for the 100% and its driving me nuts that it doesnt credit for regular clothing/barber shops.

If memory serves correctly there is a liquor store directly across the street from Franklin's aunt house. Go rob it.

I thought the switching would be more open than this, it's more like 'this character is available to do this part of the heist at this point in the mission, switch to him now'. At least the most recent one I did was fun with being able to switch between all 3 in a firefight. Those seem to be the only times when you can really switch at will.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
Any news on when the iFruit app will be available on android?

Arcteryx

That's where I had it

Was it actually inside the garage? ie: you push right-dpad and it loads and saves it inside?

If so, it's possible it got overwritten at the impound, as the impound only saves 2 vehicles and I believe they are cross-character, so it's REALLY easy to lose a car.

The entirety of San Andreas is breathtaking in this game. Constantly blown away by certain views in the game, both in Los Santos and in the countryside. This is the most impressive sandbox world in video games by a longshot--too bad it's not on PC yet.

mcfrank

Was it actually inside the garage? ie: you push right-dpad and it loads and saves it inside?

If so, it's possible it got overwritten at the impound, as the impound only saves 2 vehicles and I believe they are cross-character, so it's REALLY easy to lose a car.
Yeah it was inside. Lame.

Recoil

I know. When I first got the game I drove the coast bumping West Coast Classics and it has absolutely been one of the top gaming moments I've ever had. Just driving around taking in the scenery and feeling like I was doing it in my own car with a playlist I have on google music that is very similar.

The radio stuff is amazing too, but I was actually talking about the score of the game.

I was just doing the first submarine mission, and didn't notice the music change, it was so subtle. I was tensing up on my couch, and didn't realize why.

Suddenly, I noticed the quiet pumping music in the background building, and realized what they'd done. Sublime.

MormaPope

Banned
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AmU0N5Mv88Y&feature=player_embedded

Yep, Euphoria was definitely watered down here.

Also, you can't take out your gun while in the strip club, so no more club shootouts.

The test he did with GTA V was terrible. He didn't reach the top speed of the vehicle along with trying to tumble up a slope/hill. The physics in GTA IV were neat but people aren't made of hardened jello.

There was almost no versatility with the physics in IV. Niko never makes a poor jump or leap, Niko could scale any hill or rocky surface without tripping or exerting himself. I'll take more animations, along with better animations, over very few animations and flexible ragdolls.

pringles

Can someone explain how garages work? I customized an Inferno, took it to a garage and then later used it in a mission. I can now not get that car from the garage or impound. Is there any point customizing cars if they are just going to disappear?
I'd br careful about taking your modded cars into missions, it seems like a lottery whether you'll get to keep it or not. I only use my custom cars for races or other side activities, and always store them in the big garages each character has (not the one at their houses) when not using them. That has worked fine so far.

They really should let us 'save' cars in the garage and bring them back if they're lost/destroyed. I love the whole modding aspect, but as it stands it's too risky to use the cars extensively.

Is there somewhere I can grab a helicopter to practice it in free roam flying goodness? Am still in the early going but I know I'm going to have to use one soon enough.

The flight school forces you into a gauntlet right from the get-go, which I know I could ace given some more casual time to fly around.

Spoiler tag for the sensitive.

Loudninja

Is there somewhere I can grab a helicopter to practice it in free roam flying goodness? Am still in the early going but I know I'm going to have to use one soon enough.

The flight school forces you into a gauntlet right from the get-go, which I know I could ace given some more casual time to fly around.

Hmm on top of the hospital forgot which one has helicopters.

Hoo-doo

Banned
The music in this game.

The music in this fucking game.

This is me whenever I find Toro Y Moi on the radio.

i7j4kreqdg2zmo0dib.gif

The test he did with GTA V was terrible. He didn't reach the top speed of the vehicle along with trying to tumble up a slope/hill. The physics in GTA IV were neat but people aren't made of hardened jello.

There was almost no versatility with the physics in IV. Niko never makes a poor jump or leap, Niko could scale any hill or rocky surface without tripping or exerting himself. I'll take more animations, along with better animations, over very few animations and flexible ragdolls.

Maybe, but the ragdolls in V do tend do flail too much, with very little self-preservation. They seem more like Havok ragdolls than Euphoria ones. Also, he was going equally as fast in the V clip.

"The Loneliest Robot in Great Britian" was awesome lol. I wonder how many movies are there in total? Would be cool if there are some LA Noire kind of movies, or even Tarantino-esque flicks (unlikely haha).

dave is ok

aztek is ok
Today I'm having 'The game was restarted due to a problem with your storage device' crashes over and over. Installed it to a second hard drive. Same shit.

Rockstar fix pls

Omni

Near the airport there's helicopter pads that you can buy later on in the game. If you go there, there's usually a 'spare' chopper sitting around.

If I had a map I'd circle it haha

pringles

Near the airport there's helicopter pads that you can buy later on in the game. If you go there, there's usually a 'spare' chopper sitting around.

If I had a map I'd circle it haha
You mean the one close to a LS Customs right? That's my go-to place to find a chopper. Sometimes you have to wait a bit for one to come in and land though.

Megasoum

Banned
Guys... I need to get out of the car to start the mission but Kenny Loggins is on the radio.

Ok doing Franklin's version of the
Weed mission
after doing the other 2 versions is hilarious.

Recoil

So, I've been keeping my eye out for a few vehicles and I haven't been able to find any of 'em. Anyone know where I might find these?

JB 700 by Dewbauchee

vehicles-sports-classics-jb-700.jpg

Z-type by Truffade

vehicles-sports-classics-z-type.jpg

Cheetah by Grotti (I assumed these would be all over Vinewood Hills, but I haven't seen a single one.)

vehicles-super-cheetah.jpg

pringles

Is it just me, or are there way more cars in this than in IV? I just found a version of the Tesla Roadster in the game.
Sooooo many more it feels like. I hope all/most of them make it into Online. I wonder if some cars are mission-only though.. saw a Koenigsegg in a mission but have never seen one apart from that in 30 hours of play.

Omni

You mean the one close to a LS Customs right? That's my go-to place to find a chopper. Sometimes you have to wait a bit for one to come in and land though.
I think so.

And yeah. I eventually just got bored of it and bought my own, hah

So, I've been keeping my eye out for a few vehicles and I haven't been able to find any of 'em. Anyone know where I might find these?

JB 700 by Dewbauchee

vehicles-sports-classics-jb-700.jpg

Z-type by Truffade

vehicles-sports-classics-z-type.jpg

Cheetah by Grotti (I assumed these would be all over Vinewood Hills, but I haven't seen a single one.)

vehicles-super-cheetah.jpg

Z-Type is a special vehicle that you have to steal in a mission. I think you can buy it for 10 million or something ridiculous afterwards though. JB 700 is a movie prop, if I'm not mistaken.

Loudninja

I just check its the hospital Strawberry hills, you can use ladders or stairs to get to the helicopters.They dont always spawn of course.

Dreaver

Almost 30 hours in and still can't believe how great this game is. I think it will end up in my top 5 fav games of all-time. My only complaints:
- Police randomly starts chasing you after you kill a person in the middle of nowhere. I can understand a city, but outside they should do a RDR witness thing.
- Shooting while driving simply sucks.
- Helicopter controls are simply terrible compared to GTA IV.
- Saving cars is fucked up, I know it's a bugged so I suppose it will be fixed.
- Rockstar Social Club is also fucked up at the moment, but this will also be fixed in the future.
- I don't like the way the cars roll, it's way too easy to roll your car the right way up.

- Not really a complaint, but I have the feeling they could have done more (non-mission) heists or robbing stores. A little bit of a missed opportunity, but GTA Online.. so who knows. :)

Nothing game breaking and the good things outweigh the bad things by faaaaar. Really enjoying GTA V.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Ok, this is silly.

I just delivered a crazy runaway bride to the mountain loons for that sweet cash, and after the cutscene, the car I drove there in, well IT FUCKING VANISHED.

Now, this is in the middle of nowhere, so after running mountain down (including desperately fleeing from something that sounded ALOT like a RDR mountain lion) I find a new ride.

And the radio doesn't work.

Hoping it's just in this vehicle...

Jeez witht he car bugs.

StuBurns

Banned
My biggest complaint is the performance when in the sub at the surface, it's completely fucked on PS3, no idea why, it gets spotty in other places, but that thing is just constantly a mess.

Ark

Almost 30 hours in and still can't believe how great this game is. I think it will end up in my top 5 fav games of all-time. My only complaints:
- Police randomly starts chasing you after you kill a person in the middle of nowhere. I can understand a city, but outside they should do a RDR witness thing.
- Shooting while driving simply sucks.
- Helicopter controls are simply terrible compared to GTA IV.
- Saving cars is fucked up, I know it's a bugged so I suppose it will be fixed.
- Rockstar Social Club is also fucked up at the moment, but this will also be fixed in the future.
- I don't like the way the cars roll, it's way too easy to roll your car the right way up.

- Not really a complaint, but I have the feeling they could have done more (non-mission) heists or robbing stores. A little bit of a missed opportunity, but GTA Online.. so who knows. :)

Nothing game breaking and the good things outweigh the bad things by faaaaar. Really enjoying GTA V.

I agree with all of these.

Why bother having a stealth element when Police come after you when you kill someone with no one around? Ugh. Also you die far too easily, it really annoys me.

You can buy them, but the Z-Type is something crazy like $10M.

But there's no point, because you can lose them or get them destroyed, and they don't respawn. The social club car and helicopter and stuff let you select them via right on the d-pad, and they respawn. Why Rockstar didn't do the same with other cars and bikes is beyond me. They should've just stolen the Saints Row mechanic where vehicles get saved, you choose from a list, and if they get destroyed, you can just pay a fee to repair them.

And yeah, I fucking hope they patch health parameters and the wanted system. Stops you from fucking with pedestrians. And I thought IV had an overbearing police presence. Actually, at least there, they appeared on the street. I rarely see them in V, apart from a few rare places. Didn't take years to lose them either.

BTW, apart from the cop outside the Sandy Shores hospital, has anyone come across female cops? Also, fat cops and motorcycle cops?

Omni

I really don't like how if you start running from the police, they start shooting you.

Like if you just bump into a random civilian, they'll call the police and all of a sudden you have helicopters and shit chasing after you. Waaaaaaaaay over the top

Top Bottom