• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT2| <Title available for purchase>

Revengineer

Unconfirmed Member
Had my first fairly major bug on PSN download version today.

Finished the second "heist," and as the game was leaving the cinematic following completion of the mission, the loading icon just sat spinning for over 20 minutes. I finally hard rebooted, and the game hadn't autosaved in probably 2 hours.

I guess this game doesn't autosave unless you're doing missions? I was trading stocks and blowing up competitors' shit.

I'm going to be ultra paranoid about manual saving from now on...

AKyemeni

GAF, why am I unable to skip taxi rides?

I call a cab, select a destination, and then I only get the option to hurry up, stop the cab or get out. The 'press X to skip' option doesn't appear even if I tell the driver to hurry up.

Am I missing something? It's given me the option to skip before, but most of the time it doesn't. It's taking me ages to get to places and I'd prefer to just fast travel if I could.
It costs extra to skip the trip. Maybe you're broke?

sappyday

I call a cab, select a destination, and then I only get the option to hurry up, stop the cab or get out. The 'press X to skip' option doesn't appear even if I tell the driver to hurry up.

Am I missing something? It's given me the option to skip before, but most of the time it doesn't. It's taking me ages to get to places and I'd prefer to just fast travel if I could.
Either a bug or you're really low on money

Revengineer

Unconfirmed Member
From out of nowere a Point of Interest has shown up on my map, on the road over the Alamo Sea. But theres nothing there. Not sure if its tied to completing the story or the 100%.

Anyone figured it out yet?

Had this happen to me. Turned out I had hit triangle on the map, doh.

SJRB

Gold Member
Trevor story mission question: is my only option to bruteforce or can I somehow stealth my way into stealing the
Cargobob at the military base
?

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
/Need to take photo for mission

/Pull camera out

"Scanning storage"

Me: GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

"Rockstar social club unavailable"

/Fail mission

Fucking stupidness.

For missions the camera doesn't upload stuff to the internet.

Fuck that shit...

The Franklin mission where
you need to find the weed trucks and run away from the cops are bullshit...That thing is super slow and the cops always find me even when I hide is super remote spots....

I find the missions where you need to escape the cops in a really slow truck that it's easier to just pull up to an alley, preferably one with ladder/stairs, and hide on foot.

Derrick01

Banned
Thanks! Didnt find the liquor store but I did find a gas station. Yay 100% =)

HUP1CEN.jpg

Now log on to the social club site and find out just how much you didn't do. Each meter of the 100% checklist (besides missions) is only a certain number of each category.

I've just finished the first heist and that mission alone was better then everything in GTA IV.

It really was. The prep work for it...not so much, but the escape was intense.

Trevor story mission question: is my only option to bruteforce or can I somehow stealth my way into stealing the
?

Yeah, no. Gotta bruteforce that shit.
Start by going through the west main gate, hang an immediate left, then when you see the blue blip on the radar become perpendicular to your right, turn and haul ass to the cargobob and get in as fast as you can. Try and use an SUV since it can take a bit more damage than most cars.

The Hip Hop radio station has way too much TDE and Kendrick Lamar. This is the worst Hip-Hop radio station to date. The classics is so-so, not the best but not the worst.

It's got one of the best ab soul and Kendrick songs on there. A good jay rock on there too. Needed a schoolboy q track. Omg imagine vibing to druggys with hoes in this game or there he go

The future and asap rocky tracks are dope as is the 100s track

InertiaXr

Anybody know how to
land the plane when flying back to Sandy Shores as Trevor after going to see Michaels fake-grave?
(2/3 or more into game spoiler) If my plane explodes a 8th time after the 2+ minute flight while skidding along the runway I might just stop playing, the planes and helicopters are completely unflyable flinging themselves all over the place every time you've forced to use them.

Edit: You can skip missions??? Wow awesome nevermind then. Could somebody who reads the spoiler still let me know if I missed anything after landing plane? I assume not.

Juicy Bob

Either a bug or you're really low on money
Nope. Just tried to get in another cab with Trevor who currently has around $100,000 and the option to skip still doesn't appear.

It's really weird because sometimes it will give me the option to skip, but most of the time it won't. I thought I was being stupid. Oh well.

Megasoum

Banned
Question about the third heist preparation...

So I'm working on the "Heat" heist preparation. I got the garbage truck and now they want me to get a gateaway car. I need to find a car and stash it "somewhere near".... But near where?

pringles

Is there any trick to helicopter stuff? Saw on just latest page someone mentioned they were terrible, but I can barely get a bronze on the flight school helicopter stuff, I feel like I'm doing something wrong.

edit: Think I'm getting hang of of it, got only 2 seconds over silver on speed one.
Try using the hood camera angle. Nose pointed down, keep R (ascend) pushed down most of the time really and only let off when you need to drop some altitude, for smaller course correction use only bumpers instead of the control stick, switch to overhead camera angle to line up landings.

Revengineer

Unconfirmed Member
Hahahaha I feel like an complete idiot. Standing in the middle of nowere trying to figure out the point of interest.

Mine was a little spot near a bank... I was so sure it was something worth finding.

The little marker was right off the road, but the road had two levels. When I couldn't find anything on the top level, I decided to jump down to the bottom level (it's the road where there's construction going on at the lower level).

Boom, dead. Spent 10 minutes after I revived looking at sewer manholes and random electrical boxes next to the road, then saw the text on the map to "remove point of interest." God damnit.

Zukuu

Banned
Question about the third heist preparation...

So I'm working on the "Heat" heist preparation. I got the garbage truck and now they want me to get a gateaway car. I need to find a car and stash it "somewhere near".... But near where?

You can place it ANYWHERE on the yellow lines. Doesn't matter where, after the mission, you just have to drive there. Plant it closer to the east side of the map to keep it short.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
Anybody know how to
land the plane when flying back to Sandy Shores as Trevor after going to see Michaels fake-grave?
(2/3 or more into game spoiler) If my plane explodes a 8th time after the 2+ minute flight while skidding along the runway I might just stop playing, the planes and helicopters are completely unflyable flinging themselves all over the place every time you've forced to use them.

Edit: You can skip missions??? Wow awesome nevermind then. Could somebody who reads the spoiler still let me know if I missed anything after landing plane? I assume not.

I did it first try, to be honest. Rely more on your bumpers than your thumb sticks when it comes to turning. Take it slow. don't push down too much, rather hit the breaks and have the plane lose altitude from speed, rather than your control.

I was climbing Mount Chiliad on foot as Trevor, I got pretty close to the top when I shot and killed two hikers with a silenced pistol. I instantly get a wanted level and two cop cars spawn on the tiny trail. One of them runs me over and they shoot me dead before I can stand :( I love this game, but the wanted system is wacky.

So is "Madness" by Muse not on the radio after all? I remember it being leaked a while ago, but now it doesn't seem to be in the game, Has anyone heard it? I just really like Muse and I'm pretty bummed if that turned out to be false.

Anybody know how to

You are putting the landing gear down, right?

It's L3.

InertiaXr

I did it first try, to be honest. Rely more on your bumpers than your thumb sticks when it comes to turning. Take it slow. don't push down too much, rather hit the breaks and have the plane lose altitude from speed, rather than your control.

It was so infuriating because I seemed to be landing fine, but then when slowing down/braking I kept hitting bumps or whatever and the plane would slowly break apart and explode. It SHOULD be bumpy out there since its just a dirt runway but still dude damn its a videogame, I landed just fine just slow down the plane and stop.

You are putting the landing gear down, right?

It's L3.

lol

no :(

It was so infuriating because I seemed to be landing fine, but then when slowing down/braking I kept hitting bumps or whatever and the plane would slowly break apart and explode. It SHOULD be bumpy out there since its just a dirt runway but still dude damn its a videogame, I landed just fine just slow down the plane and stop.

lol

ibjEdWeu2X0QGH.gif

Dresden

lol

I can't stop laughing.

I don't know what people are spending money on. Outside of the property, which don't seem to nearly make the returns that warrant buying them, there's basically nothing I can see that's actually going to require serious cash.

Well, assuming for the moment there's nothing wrong with the car system - where the losing cars thing isn't something they're gonna fix, it works exactly as designed - it would seem buying & upgrading cars is something you can spend a lot of money on pretty consistently.

Also planes. Businesses. Stock market. Wardrobe. Boats. Tanks (lol).

In IV there was literally nothing to buy except lap dances, hookers, weapons & ammo. RDR was similarly barren though better than IV. V is clearly much better than both. Baby steps, I guess.

Aleph

Try changing the camera.

Recoil

?

Yeah, no. Gotta bruteforce that shit.
Start by going through the west main gate, hang an immediate left, then when you see the blue blip on the radar become perpendicular to your right, turn and haul ass to the cargobob and get in as fast as you can. Try and use an SUV since it can take a bit more damage than most cars.

I flew in with a helicopter from the south, jumped out, and activated his special ability while I ran to the cargobob. Almost no damage taken, and took about ten seconds, natch.

Thanks for the tips, I'm now practicing my helicopter flying skills in free roam. Vespucci Helipad did the trick.

The helicopter flight training must be a troll. Right after doing a series of advanced stunts with the plane where you have to pull back hard on the stick they toss you into a gauntlet where a slight nudge can spin you into a fireball ;P

So far all of my gripes about this game are minimal. I'm fucking astonished with how much they're simulating here and with so much simple fun. They did indeed fucking learn the lessons of Red Dead, and their older games.

Just not the lessons of Max Payne 3 it seems. Gun combat is more frustration than fun. That right there is my only substantive gripe. Its improved, but carries over all the bad stuff too - slow walking during combat, wonky and unreliable cover system, etc.

Everything else has been pure gaming gravy.

GQman2121

Banned
Random story time

I picked up a hitchhiker as Trevor in Blaine County that wanted me to take her to meet her boyfriend who works security at the broadcast tower behind the Vinewood sign.

The pickup location was too far for me to cash in on her with the cult, so I figured I was headed back to the city anyway, why not see what happens.

While we're driving the boyfriend calls and he's pissed. He thinks she been out partying and cheating on him with a guy named Brian. She denies it and says she'll see him shortly.

The phone rings again, and this time it's someone else. The woman playfully exchanges some chitchat and finishes with a "I'll see you later". Trevor suspects that it's Brian, but the women denies it and says she's tired and wants to take a quick power nap to catch her second wind. She's been up all night drinking and dropping X in the desert you see.

We finally arrive at the tower and the boyfriend is none too pleased to see me with his lady. He thinks I'm Brian and wants a fight.

He seem harmless, so I let him approach me and counter his first few punch attempts. I finally hit and knock him down with a right cross. As soon as I do, his coworker comes out from behind the gate. This guy is taking crazy shit, so I immediately stomp him to death. At this point the boyfriend is back on his feet and lands a two piece combo that puts me on my ass. I'm thinking this has run it's course now and pull my 9mm out.

The women then yells "he has a gun" and takes off down the hill. The boyfriend does the same, but in the opposite direction.

Since I obey and follow the G-Code, I leaves no witnesses, so they obviously have to die. I give chase down the hill.

The women had a hell of a head start after I gunned down the boyfriend, so I had to double time it after her. I'm making gains down the hill--knife in hand--and closing in, when she hits an odd patch of ground and goes tumbling forward.....and just keeps falling. Once the screams stop, it's pretty clear to me that she has expired and that I've wasted my time.

All I have to show for it is a story and this photo.

0_0.jpg

That entire scenario could have gone any number of ways. This game is a amazing.

Top Bottom