• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT2| <Title available for purchase>

megalowho

Had a great moment switching to Michael stuck in traffic near his therapist, making my way there and having the doc comment on you running late for an appointment. Love the way transitions reveal small character moments while tying the larger world together, such a cool part of the game.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Is it the pillbox hospital with the helicopter on the roof? I'm looking around and can't find a ladder anywhere.

Megasoum

Banned
Fuck that shit...

The Franklin mission where
you need to find the weed trucks and run away from the cops are bullshit...That thing is super slow and the cops always find me even when I hide is super remote spots....

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
"Praise the sun!"

God I love this game

LuchaShaq

Banned
Question about replaying missions.

If I replay the first heist just to see the other option of doing it/doing it with different members to see how fucked it gets, do I get the take AGAIN, or does it replace the original take? Same question for team member stat boosts.

I agree with all of these.

Why bother having a stealth element when Police come after you when you kill someone with no one around? Ugh. Also you die far too easily, it really annoys me.

I really don't like how if you start running from the police, they start shooting you.

Like if you just bump into a random civilian, they'll call the police and all of a sudden you have helicopters and shit chasing after you. Waaaaaaaaay over the top
Yeah wish there were witnesses and bribes like in RDR. Would be another use for all your money

But I have knocked out and stealth killed pedestrians without anyone being alerted.

Hip Hop

Wish there was a list to see which cars are the most customizable ones.

Some have very basic options, while yesterday I found this truck, customized it into a offroad SUV.

Midou

Is there any trick to helicopter stuff? Saw on just latest page someone mentioned they were terrible, but I can barely get a bronze on the flight school helicopter stuff, I feel like I'm doing something wrong.

edit: Think I'm getting hang of of it, got only 2 seconds over silver on speed one.

Ark

Yeah wish there were witnesses and bribes like in RDR. Would be another use for all your money

But I have knocked out and stealth killed pedestrians without anyone being alerted.

All your money? I'm poor as heck. I've only just finished the Merryweather heist but the only property I've bought is the hangar for 12k as Trevor. I've got ~80k on Michael, 50k on Trevor and about 22k on Franklin.

I want to buy me some property :(

Hoo-doo

Banned
I just went up mount Chilliad in a upgraded BF Injection.

I dare anyone to do this and not have fun. It's the best offroad vehicle in the game as far as i'm concerned and it's just so fun to drive.

Loudninja

Wish there was a list to see which cars are the most customizable ones.

Some have very basic options, while yesterday I found this truck, customized it into a offroad SUV.
Looking at the guide all vehicles that you can mod has Repair,Armor, Engine,Horn,Lights,Plate.Respray,Transmission,Wheels and Windows options.

What are people spending money on in this game, vehicles that magically disappear on you during missions or clothes that change when you switch characters after a while?

Also why am I moving crates and shit and who thought this was a fun mission

/derricko01

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Is there any trick to helicopter stuff? Saw on just latest page someone mentioned they were terrible, but I can barely get a bronze on the flight school helicopter stuff, I feel like I'm doing something wrong.

Not really, just practice. The helicopter controls are fine and are handy enough when you get the hang of it. There's a learning curve but when it clicks you'll be doing great. I tend to just going forward as much as possible and keep using the ascend button to stay up as it fights against the natural descent when dipping the nose of the helicopter forward.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
I just open hand slapped some prissy lady in a light pink dress suit checking her makeup in hand mirror as Michael. It was amazing.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Thanks! Didnt find the liquor store but I did find a gas station. Yay 100% =)

http://i.imgur.com/HUP1CEN.jpg/IMG][/QUOTE]

Great job. I thought I went hard core when I took 3 days off to play. I'm not even at 40% and have played a combined total of about 25 hours. I do way too much driving around. I just like to get in one of my cars and cruise while listening to the radio. I'm going to have to make a real push to get the single player story done before GTAO starts.

What are people spending money on in this game, vehicles that magically disappear on you during missions or clothes that change when you switch characters after a while?

/derricko01

A normal person doesn't wear the same clothes for days on end. I could see Trevor doing that, though.

StuBurns

Banned
I don't know what people are spending money on. Outside of the property, which don't seem to nearly make the returns that warrant buying them, there's basically nothing I can see that's actually going to require serious cash.

I don't really care for the single player, but the economy of the multiplayer is going to be far more important, I hope it feels natural there.

Hip Hop

The Hip Hop radio station has way too much TDE and Kendrick Lamar. This is the worst Hip-Hop radio station to date. The classics is so-so, not the best but not the worst.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Getting knee deep into the story now.
Just kidnapped that Mariano or whatever his name is) wife. Game keeps on doing some cool things to keep thing fresh with the world begging you to do different activities and spontaneous events.

Love it.

This game keeps getting better and better and further you get into it. The missions are fun and full of variety.

I hate the helicopter. Does it wobble all the time?

You need to do flying school and bring your flying skill up to 100, then the wobbling decreases greatly.

The Hip Hop radio station has way too much TDE and Kendrick Lamar. This is the worst Hip-Hop radio station to date. The classics is so-so, not the best but not the worst.

tumblr_mkodfzPObu1rhzhovo4_250.gif

Mikey Jr.

/Need to take photo for mission

/Pull camera out

"Scanning storage"

Me: GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

"Rockstar social club unavailable"

/Fail mission

Fucking stupidness.

duckroll

The social club stuff can really ruin a bit of the mood at times. I was out night riding in Vinewood Hills, and I got to the top of one of the hills where there was this closed juice stand with a big round orange sign lit up. I also found
a letter scrap collectible by the benches.
I tried to take a selfie of me, the bike, and the stand against the night sky. ERROR. I biked further up another hill and tried to take a photo of the city below. ERROR. Awful. They should patch it to save photos locally if the cloud fails, and upload them later on. >_<

Gamespots review calls character's behavior inconsistent but Michael even admits to being hypocritical in one of his sessions with the therapist. Just because a character is inconsistent in his decisions doesn't mean its a failure in the writing (usually I'd say this isn't the case). These are people with retarded mental growth, psychosis and/or personality disorders. It may be by design to illustrate how unstable these characters are. Until I do more of the story I can't say which GTA5 falls into, but that complaint seems pretty stupid.

Zukuu

Banned
I just had a weird bug. I was driving in a jeep and the WHOLE CITY had nothing but jeeps. There were like 20 on one crossing. I drove into a car park, on every level just multiple jeeps.

shit was creepy.

sunnz

Meh.

Really not feeling the radio stations. Seems to be a lot of crappy songs, tried all of the radio stations ( in SA pretty much ANY song I put on I liked, in V not so much)

GTA V is great.

I wondered how much I would like it, because I hated IV, but Franklin, Michael and Trevor are much better characters than Niko. I like the environment much more, too.

I am waiting for the day when a GTA title includes multiple characters and cities. I imagine a game with three protagonists, each from a different place; Los Santos, Liberty City and Vice City. Each place as big as V's map with fast travel in between.

Gamespots review calls character's behavior inconsistent but Michael even admits to being hypocritical in one of his sessions with the therapist. Just because a character is inconsistent in his decisions doesn't mean its a failure in the writing (usually I'd say this isn't the case). These are people with retarded mental growth, psychosis and/or personality disorders. It may be by design to illustrate how unstable these characters are. Until I do more of the story I can't say which GTA5 falls into, but that complaint seems pretty stupid.

Yeah, that's literally the entire point of Michael. He wants the best of both worlds, and he admits in multiple times. Oh well.

Zukuu

Banned
I just had a weird bug. I was driving in a jeep and the WHOLE CITY had nothing but jeeps. There were like 20 on one crossing. I drove into a car park, on every level just multiple jeeps.

shit was creepy.

okay, now it's only 95% jeeps. My game just broke it seems O__o even saved and reloaded. Hope it'll go away after another mission or so.

Omni

Meh.

Really not feeling the radio stations. Seems to be a lot of crappy songs, tried all of the radio stations ( in SA pretty much ANY song I put on I liked, in V not so much)

Non-stop-pop has like three good songs.

It would be so much better if we could have custom radio playlists like on the original Xbox with Vice City (and III maybe?)

Chuck

Still without luck
Social Club is non functional when the most people are playing the game. Oops. They can't afford to bring another server online?

I cannot believe it doesn't save photos in your phone before uploading them. Sorry awesome photo from atop the Vinewood sign, you are gone forever :|

I keep my radio shut off as well. Nothing I've heard really grabs me. I would have preferred that awesome score playing during free roam, if they'd created some ambient soundscapes for just driving and wandering around.

Everyone seems to be having problems taking photos when the Social Club is down, but I just click past the error message and it still allows me to take a photo and store it on my system. I can see every photo I've taken in the pause menu. There also may be an option to upload a photo you have already taken that didn't get the chance to be uploaded at first. I've never failed a mission because of an error message not letting me connect to the Social Club.

So, a couple of quick questions - I must be dumb, but how do i quickly restart a mission? Race missions (always my most hated kind of mission) are very easy to irreversibly fuck up by ramming your car into another car and lose all lead you might have while you're trying to realign your car with the race. So in short, i really need a quick restart. Should i just get a missile launcher or grenade and kill myself?

Another question - I really really suck at losing cops. It seems they are patrolling the city pretty tightly, so even when I drive like a maniac and lose them, it's not long before they find me again. Even one star pursuit almost always end up in three-four star pursuit for me after half an hour or ramming into other cars, shooting my way out, etc etc. Those mythical side roads and hidden places I can somehow never find.

GAF, help me not suck at this game........

SirYoshi

From out of nowere a Point of Interest has shown up on my map, on the road over the Alamo Sea. But theres nothing there. Not sure if its tied to completing the story or the 100%.

Anyone figured it out yet?

Juicy Bob

GAF, why am I unable to skip taxi rides?

I call a cab, select a destination, and then I only get the option to hurry up, stop the cab or get out. The 'press X to skip' option doesn't appear even if I tell the driver to hurry up.

Am I missing something? It's given me the option to skip before, but most of the time it doesn't. It's taking me ages to get to places and I'd prefer to just fast travel if I could.

Top Bottom