• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT2| <Title available for purchase>

GQman2121

Banned
GAF, help me.

Is there something you need to do after boosting the cars for the cult to get the next mission to pop up?

It seems pretty random. Like the Barry missions with Franklin, the time of day might have something to do with it. I think that's why people were confused when Franklin was showing 1 mission available, yet nothing showing on the map.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks for the tips, I'm now practicing my helicopter flying skills in free roam. Vespucci Helipad did the trick.

The helicopter flight training must be a troll. Right after doing a series of advanced stunts with the plane where you have to pull back hard on the stick they toss you into a gauntlet where a slight nudge can spin you into a fireball ;P

So far all of my gripes about this game are minimal. I'm fucking astonished with how much they're simulating here and with so much simple fun. They did indeed fucking learn the lessons of Red Dead, and their older games.

Just not the lessons of Max Payne 3 it seems. Gun combat is more frustration than fun. That right there is my only substantive gripe. Its improved, but carries over all the bad stuff too - slow walking during combat, wonky and unreliable cover system, etc

Everything else has been pure gaming gravy.

My complaints with the combat wouldn't be related to the aiming, guns etc but I do have a few complaints:

-Option for constant aiming reticule for running and gunning. It's fun but I hate having to hold down the trigger to make the reticule appear. It also disappears too quickly.

-Make the aiming reticule bolder and more standout. Complex or simple it can be hard to see sometimes.

-Either reduce the damage of enemy shots or increase your health. I love the combat itself but I feel it's being a bit too restrictive by making the player hide/be a bit too careful. I want to experiment and have more fun, afterall I have all the weapons on me!

-Let the armour itself take more damage than they currently do.

I feel this especially is true for free aim as I only play on free aim as I hate the other two options. I feel like it tries to restrict you to cover a bit too much. It feels even more restrictive than Max Payne 3 in that sense as Max Payne 3 gives you more freedom AND has bullettime/shootdodge.

This is just me sort of thinking to myself but I wonder if they didn't just take Max Payne 3s entire combat system due to it being an open world title on current gen systems ? A lot of the damage wounds etc aren't really in GTA and I assume that's due to the amount of data the game would have to deal with.

Those are really my only niggles though and I hope Rockstar do something about it. Those and the garage saving issues.

Recoil

Random story time

I picked up a hitchhiker as Trevor in Blaine County that wanted me to take her to meet her boyfriend who works security at the broadcast tower behind the Vinewood sign.

The pickup location was too far for me to cash in on her with the cult, so I figured I was headed back to the city anyway, why not see what happens.

While we're driving the boyfriend calls and he's pissed. He thinks she been out partying and cheating on him with a guy named Brian. She denies it and says she'll see him shortly.

The phone rings again, and this time it's someone else. The woman playfully exchanges some chitchat and finishes with a "I'll see you later". Trevor suspects that it's Brian, but the women denies it and says she's tired and wants to take a quick power nap to catch her second wind. She's been up all night drinking and dropping X in the desert you see.

We finally arrive at the tower and the boyfriend is none too pleased to see me with his lady. He thinks I'm Brian and wants a fight.

He seem harmless, so I let him approach me and counter his first few punch attempts. I finally hit and knock him down with a right cross. As soon as I do, his coworker comes out from behind the gate. This guy is taking crazy shit, so I immediately stomp him to death. At this point the boyfriend is back on his feet and lands a two piece combo that puts me on my ass. I'm thinking this has run it's course now and pull my 9mm out.

The women then yells "he has a gun" and takes off down the hill. The boyfriend does the same, but in the opposite direction.

Since I obey and follow the G-Code, I leaves no witnesses, so they obviously have to die. I give chase down the hill.

The women had a hell of a head start after I gunned down the boyfriend, so I had to double time it after her. I'm making gains down the hill--knife in hand--and closing in, when she hits an odd patch of ground and goes tumbling forward.....and just keeps falling. Once the screams stop, it's pretty clear to me that she has expired and that I've wasted my time.

All I have to show for it is a story and this photo.

0_0.jpg

That entire scenario could have gone any number of ways. This game is a amazing.

Actually, that scenario happened almost exactly the same way for you that it did for me, outside of the tumbling.

I didn't really like it very much, tbh. I didn't really see the point.

StuBurns

Banned
It seems pretty random. Like the Barry missions with Franklin, the time of day might have something to do with it. I think that's why people were confused when Franklin was showing 1 mission available, yet nothing showing on the map.
Funny, the random 1 on Franklin for me was another tow mission, I had to call her directly to make it ping unlike all the others.

So who's the best character to take on a round the map trek? I'm leaning towards Trevor, just because he has the best lines and reactions to everything. Franklin might be good, so he can experience life outside of the 'hood. Michael could use the break from his home life

Gritesh

Actually, that scenario happened almost exactly the same way for you that it did for me, outside of the tumbling.

I didn't really like it very much, tbh. I didn't really see the point.

I didn't have that happen to me, he came up to me, Trevor said '' come on make me cry '' I countered his first punch and beat him to a pulp. His gf said u was crazy and then started sobbing over his corpse

SJRB

Gold Member
Just did the second heist,
I'm pretty pissed off right now. All that work and 0 money is some fucking bullshit. Trevor you stupid motherfucker you.

StuBurns

Banned
So who's the best character to take on a round the map trek? I'm leaning towards Trevor, just because he has the best lines and reactions to everything. Franklin might be good, so he can experience life outside of the 'hood. Michael could use the break from his home life
Micheal of course, Franklin didn't want to leave the city at all, and Trevor would never go on a long drive to relax. Canon yo.

Dug

Banned
Found a Manhut reference!

Micheal [not a big spoiler, just some dialogue]
talks about robbing his first bank in the outskirts of Carcer City in 1988.

Zukuu

Banned
Random story time

I picked up a hitchhiker as Trevor in Blaine County that wanted me to take her to meet her boyfriend who works security at the broadcast tower behind the Vinewood sign.

The pickup location was too far for me to cash in on her with the cult, so I figured I was headed back to the city anyway, why not see what happens.

While we're driving the boyfriend calls and he's pissed. He thinks she been out partying and cheating on him with a guy named Brian. She denies it and says she'll see him shortly.

The phone rings again, and this time it's someone else. The woman playfully exchanges some chitchat and finishes with a "I'll see you later". Trevor suspects that it's Brian, but the women denies it and says she's tired and wants to take a quick power nap to catch her second wind. She's been up all night drinking and dropping X in the desert you see.

We finally arrive at the tower and the boyfriend is none too pleased to see me with his lady. He thinks I'm Brian and wants a fight.

He seem harmless, so I let him approach me and counter his first few punch attempts. I finally hit and knock him down with a right cross. As soon as I do, his coworker comes out from behind the gate. This guy is taking crazy shit, so I immediately stomp him to death. At this point the boyfriend is back on his feet and lands a two piece combo that puts me on my ass. I'm thinking this has run it's course now and pull my 9mm out.

The women then yells "he has a gun" and takes off down the hill. The boyfriend does the same, but in the opposite direction.

Since I obey and follow the G-Code, I leaves no witnesses, so they obviously have to die. I give chase down the hill.

The women had a hell of a head start after I gunned down the boyfriend, so I had to double time it after her. I'm making gains down the hill--knife in hand--and closing in, when she hits an odd patch of ground and goes tumbling forward.....and just keeps falling. Once the screams stop, it's pretty clear to me that she has expired and that I've wasted my time.

All I have to show for it is a story and this photo.

0_0.jpg

That entire scenario could have gone any number of ways. This game is a amazing.
You sicko D:

For me, I knocked him out during fisticuffs, she was just sobbing and then nothing happened afterwards, so I just left.

I'm so pissed. I lost this Oracle I purchased and spent over$200000 customizing. 100% armor, bulletproof tires. I called it the mafia s sentinel and used it on rampages with the cops and when I go to the military base. Now it's gone:-(

Zukuu

Banned
How many movies are their in the game?

I checked multiple times and waited whole days (morning - mid and evening showings) and there seem to be only 2 movies. 1 about a robot, which is cool, and a weird spanish flick that is showing the whole frigging time.

Hystzen

How many movies are their in the game?

I checked multiple times and waited whole days (morning - mid and evening showings) and there seem to be only 2 movies. 1 about a robot, which is cool, and a weird spanish flick that is showing the whole frigging time.

2 only it seems

also I think the TV shows have less then IV also

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Managed to walk out on the boom and drop into the tiny window washer basket on the Maze building.
0_0.jpg

Also, Nissan GTR clone:
0_0.jpg

I'm so pissed. I lost this Oracle I purchased and spent over$200000 customizing. 100% armor, bulletproof tires. I called it the mafia s sentinel and used it on rampages with the cops and when I go to the military base. Now it's gone:-(

Same thing happened to my roommate. Needs to be fixed ASAP

stn

Need help. How bad is the performance if you install both discs to the 360? I ask because I only installed the install disc. Thing is, my play disc has a bit of a scratch on it because of my 360. Fucking hell.

Appreciate the input.

Need help. How bad is the performance if you install both discs to the 360? I ask because I only installed the install disc. Thing is, my play disc has a bit of a scratch on it because of my 360. Fucking hell.

Appreciate the input.

Pop-up in particular is noticeably worse. You can install it to a USB drive for better performance though.

Hystzen

Still can't hear the TV even while holding the ingame volume button up, rest of game world is fine just TV and Cinema are stupidly quiet

Recoil

Found a Manhut reference!

Micheal [not a big spoiler, just some dialogue]
talks about robbing his first bank in the outskirts of Carcer City in 1988.

Manhunt's Carcer City is actually a reference to GTA. It was first referenced in GTA3, years before Manhunt ever came out.

NumberTwo

Paper or plastic?
I watched the giant bomb quick look and they really need a way to transfer vehicles between characters.

I was modding this car as Michael and realized there was no way to race it as Franklin without going through some contrivance.

Romez

Do they honestly expect you to find these spaceship parts with no hints in this huge game and can only Franklin pick them up or did my game glitch?

I was getting my castaway on with Trevor and found a part on an island/peninsula but couldn't pick it up.

Top Bottom