• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT2| <Title available for purchase>

Lima

I watched the giant bomb quick look and they really need a way to transfer vehicles between characters.

I was modding this car as Michael and realized there was no way to race it as Franklin without going through some contrivance.

Just drive the vehicle to Franklin's house, park it in his garage and profit?

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Do they honestly expect you to find these spaceship parts with no hints in this huge game and can only Franklin pick them up or did my game glitch?

I was getting my castaway on with Trevor and found a part on an island/peninsula but couldn't pick it up.

If you login to the rockstar social club website and look at the GTA V section you can find a map that shows you were all the collectibles are on the map.

Lima

Do they honestly expect you to find these spaceship parts with no hints in this huge game and can only Franklin pick them up or did my game glitch?

I was getting my castaway on with Trevor and found a part on an island/peninsula but couldn't pick it up.

The glitch happens yeah. Reload save fixes it. Chop will find collectibles for you if you take him for a walk.

I really, really wish GTAV came with an art book, even a dinky one like with GTAIV. Is the hardcover guide good for that at all? Any good art?

vladdamad

Could someone please answer this question for me? The answer could be a huge spoiler, so just in case I'll put the whole question in tags.
Is Los Santos the only major city in the game? Or is there more than one city like in San Andreas? From what the marketing has been showing us, there's one city + countryside, but I was wondering if they're keeping more of the map secret as a surprise.
Thanks!

Alienous

Not in the game or guide, but with these fire physics, expect them as DLC. There's a lot of wall space at Ammu-Nations that prompts you to visit the PStore.

It is in a guide. It was also in some of the trailers.

Also in the guide are
a crowbar, baseball bat and a golf club as a melee weapons
. It also mentions the hammer, which is a special edition weapon.

Could someone please answer this question for me? The answer could be a huge spoiler, so just in case I'll put the whole question in tags.
Is Los Santos the only major city in the game? Or is there more than one city like in San Andreas? From what the marketing has been showing us, there's one city + countryside, but I was wondering if they're keeping more of the map secret as a surprise.
Thanks!

Just the one.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
Found another underwater wreck that spawns $12500, easier to get to as well and looks like it would be easier to stay on top of, it's inside a plane wreck just a little NW of Fort Zancudo's nub that juts out into the ocean.

GQman2121

Banned
It is in a guide. It was also in some of the trailers.

Also in the guide are
a crowbar, baseball bat and a golf club as a melee weapons
. It also mentions the hammer, which is a special edition weapon.

Holy shit, they are in the guide. lol

Where the hell are they in the game?!

Derrick01

Banned
Holy shit the randomly crashing planes from San Andreas return! I was walking through a farm as Trevor (and kicking cows of course) and one of those 1 seater older planes just fucking dropped down out of nowhere and exploded about 30 feet from me lol.

ShinAmano

Holy shit the randomly crashing planes from San Andreas return! I was walking through a farm as Trevor (and kicking cows of course) and one of those 1 seater older planes just fucking dropped down out of nowhere and exploded about 30 feet from me lol.

Lol...I totally punish everything living I come across as Trevor (it just feels right) but I have not seen cows yet. LOL.

Why do I have so much ammo for my pistol/shottie?

Like, literally thousands of bullets...

Feels like a weird design to give guns so easily. I liked having to collect/buy from Ammunation. It was a good balance between feeling powerful and fighting the odds.

Getting busted takes away your ammo, but how often does that happen for you guys? I've only been busted once by accident. Running is the alternative, and usually you die and spend $5K. I feel that even that is too small a fee, at least as a max punishment.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
OK I wasn't sure if there was a door or something that would take you from base to roof.

If there is I totally missed it and I did look around for it for a bit too before I realized I could steal the copter from the side mission guys which is so great cause its like free copters all over the map.

eek5

Feels like a weird design to give guns so easily. I liked having to collect/buy from Ammunation. It was a good balance between feeling powerful and fighting the odds.

Getting busted takes away your ammo, but how often does that happen for you guys? I've only been busted once by accident. Running is the alternative, and usually you die and spend $5K. I feel that even that is too small a fee, at least as a max punishment.

Yeah I have a shitload of ammo. It's weird that they basically made ammo free then made cars a pain in the ass. I would've rather had it the other way around with a SR style garage where you could pay to get your destroyed cards back then losing ammo on bust/death. Oh well.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
Yo, map that please.

Yo, here's your map.

nqG7sIW.jpg

Andrew.

Banned
I think I fucked myself. Michael needs a $10,000 tuxedo and I only have 2k. How the hell am I supposed to get this kind of money?

I literally can't go any further in the game until I get 10 grand.

Why do you want to make a video game into a chore?

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
I think I fucked myself. Michael needs a $10,000 tuxedo and I only have 2k. How the hell am I supposed to this kind of money?

Enduin's patented infinite money grab is the very thing you need sir. Just go to the location indicated on this here map and you'll find yourself 12.5k cash money. And for real savings park your character right on top of where you found it, switch to another character and then switch right back and you'll find yourself another 12.5k.

Alienous

I still feel like you should be limited to one weapon per weapon tier.

And an arrest should mean you have to buy back all of your weapons.

And police should use stun guns and tear gas that, if you are hit by them, make you easily arrestable.

It seems like the lack of weapon restrictions carry into GTA Online, and judging from the trailers perhaps even the death-matches. I'm so sure they have further fucked up the weapon balance in that; really there should be a weapon 'weight' limit, with carrying a rocket launcher or minigun taking up more of your 'weapons slots'. Or something. No restrictions means no specialization. Ideally, during a GTA Online heist, you might have a shotgun guy bust through the door. Some guys with SMGs covering him. Perhaps a Sniper perched on the roof the the building opposite to the bank. Your heavy gunner with the minigun in case things go awry. Instead everyone will eventually have everything.

Andrew.

Banned
Enduin's patented infinite money grab is the very thing you need sir. Just go to the location indicated on this here map and you'll find yourself 12.5k cash money. And for real savings park your character right on top of where you found it, switch to another character and then switch right back and you'll find yourself another 12.5k.

Out in the middle of the ocean? What the hell is it? just a random briefcase at the bottom of the sea?

I really don't like how if you start running from the police, they start shooting you.

Like if you just bump into a random civilian, they'll call the police and all of a sudden you have helicopters and shit chasing after you. Waaaaaaaaay over the top

That doesn't actually happen. I like the new police system.

Top Bottom