• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Graphical Fidelity I Expect This Gen

KXVXII9X

This part, man. I have a friend of mine who absolutely hates it everytime there is a new tech or an advancement in tech like the Dualsense controller which he labeled a gimmick and called all its new features useless. I get livid everytime he complains about companies trying to innovate, he thinks it is a waste of time and says no one is gonna be using said new tech.

People like him are the reason we are where we are right now. Lack of ambition on the devs part stems from the lack of ambition on the gamers part. Devs seldom innovate nowadays as a result, and why would they if everytime they innovate it’s seen as a waste of time by the masses who are content with subpar products and eat up anything that gets thrown at them anyways.
I was thinking of the Dualsense when I wrote that too 😅. I don't have a PS5 but it is one selling feature that I would love to try. I love "gimmicks." I remember loving stuff like the Gameboy Camera, Nintendogs and the DS touch concept, 3D, VR, Gyro controls with Splatoon, HD rumble, motion controls, Ring Fit Adventure, etc. The way we game has essentially been the same since the PS2. I get kind of heated about it too.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
This part, man. I have a friend of mine who absolutely hates it everytime there is a new tech or an advancement in tech like the Dualsense controller which he labeled a gimmick and called all its new features useless. I get livid everytime he complains about companies trying to innovate, he thinks it is a waste of time and says no one is gonna be using said new tech.

People like him are the reason we are where we are right now. Lack of ambition on the devs part stems from the lack of ambition on the gamers part. Devs seldom innovate nowadays as a result, and why would they if everytime they innovate it’s seen as a waste of time by the masses who are content with subpar products and eat up anything that gets thrown at them anyways.
Gamers are consumers. We dont know what we want. Thats why we turn to artists, auteurs and geniuses to wow us. The problem with the current marketplace is that GaaS is all about player engagement where the players not the creator define what gets in the game. Then you have single player games being designed by committees to maximize hours played which results in more open worlds, more formulaic design, more of what execs and suits determine will get the most sales.

I cant quite recall which movie director said this, but he said something along the lines of how moviegoers dont know they want something new until they see that something new. Thats way more apt in video games where we are not game designers, but we need to be shown whats possible. Otherwise we will be ok with yearly cod games, safe sequels like spiderman and horizon, and decades of the same gameplay like we have seen in fighting games. The moment i suggested Street Fighter and Tekken do something different, everyone threw a tantrum.

Thankfully, we do have a few visionary devs like Kojima, Myazaki and yes, Neil Druckmann who still have a vision and arent afraid to take a few hits to see that vision through. I really dislike what Neil did with TLOU2, but i love that he had the balls to go out there and make a very divisive game. Same with kojima who took a chance and was rewarded with a crappy 83 on metacritic with even critics who liked the game saying its not for everyone. thankfully, people who tried it did like it and the game went on to win the most gotys that year from the same critics who wouldnt even give it a 9.

The problem is that unlike hollywood, there are very few developers who have that kind of ambition. I am flabbergasted by just how ambitious zelda's systems are, but its no secret that nintendo is holding back that team. If they had access to PS5 hardware, they wouldve been creating some insane stuff. We need more devs like Nintendo's zelda teams.

alloush

I was thinking of the Dualsense when I wrote that too 😅. I don't have a PS5 but it is one selling feature that I would love to try. I love "gimmicks." I remember loving stuff like the Gameboy Camera, Nintendogs and the DS touch concept, 3D, VR, Gyro controls with Splatoon, HD rumble, motion controls, Ring Fit Adventure, etc. The way we game has essentially been the same since the PS2. I get kind of heated about it too.
It's funny the guy was shitting all over it when even the most staunch xbox fanboys were praising it. But the problem is he aint alone in this, I have seen PS gamers actually calling it a gimmick. I am like you, I absolutely love gimmicks, I love tech, gadgets, innovative stuff, cool patents etc. Like now, every kid and his grandmother are making fun of Apple and their Pro Vision headset, I, on the other hand, am very intrigued by what it does and going to do and very excited about it. Yes, it seems like we are hitting this dystopian phase ala Black Mirror, but I love that stuff. Nothing cooler than getting absolutely annihilated by AI in the future :messenger_tongue:.
Gamers are consumers. We dont know what we want. Thats why we turn to artists, auteurs and geniuses to wow us. The problem with the current marketplace is that GaaS is all about player engagement where the players not the creator define what gets in the game. Then you have single player games being designed by committees to maximize hours played which results in more open worlds, more formulaic design, more of what execs and suits determine will get the most sales.

I cant quite recall which movie director said this, but he said something along the lines of how moviegoers dont know they want something new until they see that something new. Thats way more apt in video games where we are not game designers, but we need to be shown whats possible. Otherwise we will be ok with yearly cod games, safe sequels like spiderman and horizon, and decades of the same gameplay like we have seen in fighting games. The moment i suggested Street Fighter and Tekken do something different, everyone threw a tantrum.

Thankfully, we do have a few visionary devs like Kojima, Myazaki and yes, Neil Druckmann who still have a vision and arent afraid to take a few hits to see that vision through. I really dislike what Neil did with TLOU2, but i love that he had the balls to go out there and make a very divisive game. Same with kojima who took a chance and was rewarded with a crappy 83 on metacritic with even critics who liked the game saying its not for everyone. thankfully, people who tried it did like it and the game went on to win the most gotys that year from the same critics who wouldnt even give it a 9.

The problem is that unlike hollywood, there are very few developers who have that kind of ambition. I am flabbergasted by just how ambitious zelda's systems are, but its no secret that nintendo is holding back that team. If they had access to PS5 hardware, they wouldve been creating some insane stuff. We need more devs like Nintendo's zelda teams.
Greatly put.

I thank God we have people like Kojima who doesn't give a shit about anyone and anything and only does what he wants and what he thinks aligns with his vision. Everyday I read an article about how he is trying to elevate the visuals and artistry as well as the acting of Death Stranding 2 to new heights. He is the one who is keeping my hopes alive honestly, and he will be the one to keep other devs on their toes and I absolutely love it.

Neil Druckmann, as much a we like to hate on the guy, is also a visionary and does what he thinks is artistic; now whether we agree with him or not that's another matter, but the guy is artistic and a visionary and always pushes the boundaries of what we think is impossible. Honestly, bar TLOU1 remake, ND had never let us down ever before and I reckon it will continue to be like that. TLOU1 started off as a cross-gen effort by another team who couldn't even complete the project. My only beef is him calling it the best looking thing he ever saw thus insulting our intelligence in the process which I absolutely despise.

Also the bolded part, like why do people call out others who call for innovation? like dude, you will also benefit from said innovation we are calling for, why are you against it? shit baffles me honestly. Like I aint the only one who is going to benefit from these innovations we are asking for, you melon will benefit too. Weird behavior, it's like these people are programmed to attack anyone who calls out their favorite dev and game.

My dream is to have the Zelda devs join the PS family and have access to a powerful console like the PS5 with unlimited resources to do whatever the hell they want. It's the stuff wet dreams are made of.

I have seen the light. I now understand and agree with what SlimySnake SlimySnake has been proselytizing for...years?

These current gen games are PS4/XBONE games running at higher framerates and resolutions that weren't possible on last gen, sure, but framerate and resolution aren't what gave me WOW moments like Super Mario 64 & Crysis.

I want another WOW moment, and the last one that came close was Demons Souls Remake on PS5. I thought that was a launching pad for what would come next and instead, it's still a high-water mark.

#teamslimy

SlimySnake

It's funny the guy was shitting all over it when even the most staunch xbox fanboys were praising it. But the problem is he aint alone in this, I have seen PS gamers actually calling it a gimmick. I am like you, I absolutely love gimmicks, I love tech, gadgets, innovative stuff, cool patents etc. Like now, every kid and his grandmother are making fun of Apple and their Pro Vision headset, I, on the other hand, am very intrigued by what it does and going to do and very excited about it. Yes, it seems like we are hitting this dystopian phase ala Black Mirror, but I love that stuff. Nothing cooler than getting absolutely annihilated by AI in the future :messenger_tongue:.

Greatly put.

I thank God we have people like Kojima who doesn't give a shit about anyone and anything and only does what he wants and what he thinks aligns with his vision. Everyday I read an article about how he is trying to elevate the visuals and artistry as well as the acting of Death Stranding 2 to new heights. He is the one who is keeping my hopes alive honestly, and he will be the one to keep other devs on their toes and I absolutely love it.

Neil Druckmann, as much a we like to hate on the guy, is also a visionary and does what he thinks is artistic; now whether we agree with him or not that's another matter, but the guy is artistic and a visionary and always pushes the boundaries of what we think is impossible. Honestly, bar TLOU1 remake, ND had never let us down ever before and I reckon it will continue to be like that. TLOU1 started off as a cross-gen effort by another team who couldn't even complete the project. My only beef is him calling it the best looking thing he ever saw thus insulting our intelligence in the process which I absolutely despise.

Also the bolded part, like why do people call out others who call for innovation? like dude, you will also benefit from said innovation we are calling for, why are you against it? shit baffles me honestly. Like I aint the only one who is going to benefit from these innovations we are asking for, you melon will benefit too. Weird behavior, it's like these people are programmed to attack anyone who calls out their favorite dev and game.

My dream is to have the Zelda devs join the PS family and have access to a powerful console like the PS5 with unlimited resources to do whatever the hell they want. It's the stuff wet dreams are made of.
Kojima has disappointed me. He made DS from scratch in 3.5 years with a small team of 85 devs initially working out of his basement. Its been 3.5 years since DS released and all we have seen is a short teaser. I hope its just a big ambitious sequel like zelda which is why its taking so long. I honestly got zelda all wrong because it looked the same from trailers but its the most ambitious sequel ive played since MGS2. not even Uncharted 2 and AC2 were this big a leap. i hope kojima is doing something similar with DS which is why its taking so long.

I have seen the light. I now understand and agree with what SlimySnake SlimySnake has been proselytizing for...years?

These current gen games are PS4/XBONE games running at higher framerates and resolutions that weren't possible on last gen, sure, but framerate and resolution aren't what gave me WOW moments like Super Mario 64 & Crysis.

I want another WOW moment, and the last one that came close was Demons Souls Remake on PS5. I thought that was a launching pad for what would come next and instead, it's still a high-water mark.

#teamslimy
The last time i led a team, Cerny ensured team 14 tflops crashed and sunk like the titanic. Trust me, you dont want to be on this boat.

P.S I remember how people said 10 tflops would be enough when I would throw a fit over cerny spending his budget on a fancy SSD instead of a bigger chip, and here we are, sub 1080p games like star wars and dead space already and we havent even had next gen visuals yet lmao.

Last edited:
It's funny how everyone was losing their minds over Ratchet and Clank and Miles Morales but now a far more ambitious game arrives from Insomniac and everyone saying it's a PS4 game? It's the same engine it's just doing more now than it did before.
I’ve always said in this thread that Miles Morales is a beast when it comes to graphics. its one of the best looking games out, but a built from the ground up PS5 only Spiderman 2 should look way better than what we’ve seen IMO.

alloush

Kojima has disappointed me. He made DS from scratch in 3.5 years with a small team of 85 devs initially working out of his basement. Its been 3.5 years since DS released and all we have seen is a short teaser. I hope its just a big ambitious sequel like zelda which is why its taking so long. I honestly got zelda all wrong because it looked the same from trailers but its the most ambitious sequel ive played since MGS2. not even Uncharted 2 and AC2 were this big a leap. i hope kojima is doing something similar with DS which is why its taking so long.

The last time i led a team, Cerny ensured team 14 tflops crashed and sunk like the titanic. Trust me, you dont want to be on this boat.

P.S I remember how people said 10 tflops would be enough when I would throw a fit over cerny spending his budget on a fancy SSD instead of a bigger chip, and here we are, sub 1080p games like star wars and dead space already and we havent even had next gen visuals yet lmao.
I think Cerny just went with the most asked for feature by devs and that’s a blazing fast SSD. He did mention that was the number one feature devs were asking for and the highest on every devs list, so he delivered!

Lethal01

We've already seen next-gen graphics from a third-party multiplatform engine :messenger_winking:

Hope devs are paying you to cover for them.

What was posted is Next gen for sure, PS6 ofcourse.
And I agree, Fortnite is doing a great job at showcasing what's possible on PS5 ;)

I think FF7 Rebirth looks better though.

Last edited:

Lethal01

Every single gen people fall for developer bullshots, misleading trailer footage before a massive downgrade, and tech demos. Every single gen. I’m not sure why gamers are so obsessed with wanting to claim that their game “looks like a CG movie.”

I already read through the whole thing, over the course of the last two years or so.

I definitely remember a ton of you going "PS5 is 5x the TFLOP so it SHOULD do (insert arbitrary thing you want regardless of how much more power it actually takes to do)"

I was talking about how a 10x increase isn't as big as people think for since years ago, but now that game are coming ot that aren't up to people expectations I'm covering for devs.

even SlimySnake SlimySnake
Yes. Matrix proves this. At least in cutscenes, on rails sequences and close ups.

Its a travesty that the most talented dev at PlayStation was forced to slave away on a 1.8 tflops 1.6 ghz machine 9 years after launch. This is the kind of shit that makes people quit this hobby.

Literally set pre rendered CGI footage, rendered in minutes per frame on super computers should be totally doable with PS5. But he still manages to pretend his expectations of the hardware are totally reasonable and if you don't agree you are shilling for devs and being satisfied by PS4 graphics instead of practicing the art of having more than 2 braincells.

Last edited:

Markio128

Gold Member
The only genuine wow moments that I’ve personally experienced this gen have been in VR - GT7 being the main one. For me, it isn’t necessarily about the graphics, but the sense of immersion that wows.

I think for standard games to wow visually nowadays, AAA devs need to go back to the drawing board and create smaller games that pack a punch - everyone seems so obsessed with open worlds, in all genres. I still recall the wonder and awe I experienced when I first played the original Ridge Racer, with one banging track. I can’t imagine how many hours I spent perfecting my lap.

I honestly think there is an untapped market for much more condensed AAA quality games; short, but meticulously designed games that have great replayability.

SlimySnake

I was talking about how a 10x increase isn't as big as people think for since years ago, but now that game are coming ot that aren't up to people expectations I'm covering for devs.

even SlimySnake SlimySnake

Literally set pre rendered CGI footage, rendered in minutes per frame on super computers should be totally doable with PS5. But he still manages to pretend his expectations of the hardware are totally reasonable and if you don't agree you are shilling for devs and being satisfied by PS4 graphics instead of practicing the art of having more than 2 braincells.
Matrix was running real-time on ps5 my man. Every cutscene save for one shot of trinity multiplying was rendered in real-time..

OCASM

Banned
What was posted is Next gen for sure, PS6 ofcourse.
And I agree, Fortnite is doing a great job at showcasing what's possible on PS5 ;)

I think FF7 Rebirth looks better though.
A third party tech demo made by a couple dozen people humilliates all first party games on both next-gen consoles and all you can say about it is:

Not Listening Dumb And Dumber GIF

:messenger_tears_of_joy:

Lethal01

Matrix was running real-time on ps5 my man. Every cutscene save for one shot of trinity multiplying was rendered in real-time..

Yeah, played it, it's a good bar for what to expect from top tier ps5 games, it doesn't compare to the actually Pre rendered CGI that you were claiming it showed was possible.

Its about engines and asset quality. Look at Hellblade 2 demo, the Marbles demo, RTX cars demo and the recent diner demo. They all use extremely detailed assets and ray tracing / path tracing…this is next gen fidelity. I need TLOU 3 with these visuals. Expect PS6 games to look this way. These demos are running on high end PCs.

Now compare this to The Matrix Awakens demo on PS5 with 10 TFLOPS.

Last edited:

Lethal01

I need TLOU 3 with these visuals. Expect PS6 games to look this way. These demos are running on high end PCs.

For sure, if we are talking about NEXT NEXT gen then lets go crazy. but people are asking for Racer level graphics on their PS5. Which obviously isn't happening

Last edited:
Every single gen people fall for developer bullshots, misleading trailer footage before a massive downgrade, and tech demos. Every single gen. I’m not sure why gamers are so obsessed with wanting to claim that their game “looks like a CG movie.”

Gamers fall for it because every gen there's been a significant leap ...except for this gen ...the bullshots have shown what that leap was expected to be based off the previous generations best looking games. If devs showed visuals that looked like the Nvidia racer demo we wouldn't have fallen for it but they showed Forsaken, Unreal 5 demos, and that Spiderman 2 teaser ...those are the visuals we were promised and if this was like any other gen we wouldve had those

2 years in we get a full blown ps5 remake of Last of Us 1 and it isnt better than LoU2 (just higher res); 3 years in and we get Spiderman 2 that is basically indistinguishable from 3 year old Miles Morales.

I think at this point it's clear ps5/sx don't quite have the juice to attain those 2 UE5 demos. Why didn't we ever get that first UE5 Valley of the Ancients demo released anyway? but what annoys me is the dishonesty and lack of effort to even utilize all the next gen features in the way that Cerny promised. In Microsofts case with primitive shaders and machine learning. Wheres the Minecraft ray tracing demo that was supposedly up and running on SX 3 years ago?

These companies shouldn't be so dishonest. I don't think the first UE5 demo was ever running on ps5 or else they could've released that.p

Edder1

Gamers fall for it because every gen there's been a significant leap ...except for this gen ...the bullshots have shown what that leap was expected to be based off the previous generations best looking games. If devs showed visuals that looked like the Nvidia racer demo we wouldn't have fallen for it but they showed Forsaken, Unreal 5 demos, and that Spiderman 2 teaser ...those are the visuals we were promised and if this was like any other gen we wouldve had those

2 years in we get a full blown ps5 remake of Last of Us 1 and it isnt better than LoU2 (just higher res); 3 years in and we get Spiderman 2 that is basically indistinguishable from 3 year old Miles Morales.

I think at this point it's clear ps5/sx don't quite have the juice to attain those 2 UE5 demos. Why didn't we ever get that first UE5 Valley of the Ancients demo released anyway? but what annoys me is the dishonesty and lack of effort to even utilize all the next gen features in the way that Cerny promised. In Microsofts case with primitive shaders and machine learning. Wheres the Minecraft ray tracing demo that was supposedly up and running on SX 3 years ago?

These companies shouldn't be so dishonest. I don't think the first UE5 demo was ever running on ps5 or else they could've released that.p
Nah dude. Matrix demo was downloadable and it was more impressive than first two UE5 demos. The problem isn't the hardware, it's the gaming industry that plays it more and more safe these days. Publishers are more focused on maximising profit and there's no better way to do that than recycle old assets in old engines and charge you $70. The fact that previous and current gen hardware are similar in their architecture has only aided this cause. Eventually publishers and devs will have to embrace current gen and update their tech so from our point of view we can only stay patient as this madness slowly comes to an end. People should learn from this though and expect next gen (PS6/SeriesXX) to be even more held back as current gen consoles are capable to hang around much longer when next cross gen period starts.

Last edited:
Graphics you can instantly tell aren't possible in a PS5 game, but people will expect anyway.
Then they will whine
Also not comparable to any real game.

‘Props to the art team who worked months on this’.
Now people expect more from a game than be able to visit a room or two, so imagine creating original assets in this fidelity on the scale of a city block.

It would take thousands or artists and years of time.

Go_Ly_Dow

Its about engines and asset quality. Look at Hellblade 2 demo, the Marbles demo, RTX cars demo and the recent diner demo. They all use extremely detailed assets and ray tracing / path tracing…this is next gen fidelity. I need TLOU 3 with these visuals. Expect PS6 games to look this way. These demos are running on high end PCs.

Now compare this to The Matrix Awakens demo on PS5 with 10 TFLOPS.

These are all demos and vertical slices compared to what it would take to make a full game. You'll get a sprinkling of games of this visual quality, from IPs from Rockstar, Naughty Dog etc. that sell 20million+ copies and can justify spending much more money and time on pushing this stuff. Or from ultra short, very linear games. But that doesn't mean every studio can justify it.

Many games without "next gen fidelity" are getting 90+mc so developers/creators have found a sweetspot now without increasing the risk of failure by focusing on more fluff that doesn't improve the fundamental game.

Last edited:

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth

Now people expect more from a game than be able to visit a room or two, so imagine creating original assets in this fidelity on the scale of a city block.

Is this not where A.I. comes in? You set the parameters of what you want and the engine/a.i. basically gives you a highly detailed city block and then you only need a small team of artists to go in and "fix" it, some of the stuff A.I. can do artistically now is off the fucking wall

Is this not where A.I. comes in? You set the parameters of what you want and the engine/a.i. basically gives you a highly detailed city block and then you only need a small team of artists to go in and "fix" it, some of the stuff A.I. can do artistically now is off the fucking wall
There is a slight difference between just creating some pictures and correctly creating highly complex assets that can be imported into the necessary tools and being worked with.
I'm sure we'll get to that point but that needs another quantum leap in AI capabilities.

Last edited:
Well that might actually be a solution, yes.

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
There is a slight difference between just creating some pictures and correctly creating highly complex assets that can be imported into the necessary tools and being worked with.
I'm sure we'll get to that point but that needs another quantum leap in AI capabilities.

Does it? The stuff AI can produce with a few prompts is insane right now, if you tell it to draw up a 50's inspired American diner it would be pretty indistinguishable from an actual artists representation to the average joe, now I don't know how good it is populating a 3D space with objects, textures etc to resemble a diner but we can't be that far off going by the speed these things are developing

Does it? The stuff AI can produce with a few prompts is insane right now, if you tell it to draw up a 50's inspired American diner it would be pretty indistinguishable from an actual artists representation to the average joe, now I don't know how good it is populating a 3D space with objects, textures etc to resemble a diner but we can't be that far off going by the speed these things are developing
Check this out

Edit: I'm not saying this has the fidelity or tools-integration needed to populate a 3D city in a video game. Just pointing out the most advanced 3D environment-generating AI I've seen to-date.

Last edited:

Turk1993

GAFs #1 source for car graphic comparisons
I took some screenshots from the new 4K AW2 B roll footage and it doesn't look anything special tbh. The characters look great and the environments are nicely detailed but its not doing something we haven't seen before. Also it has tons of motion blur and FSR artefacts.

LmJVKgm.jpg

wShJhpI.jpg

maLgt4l.jpg

8kW4CqH.jpg

elNlTxe.jpg

g6VwPOm.jpg

AgPzkmT.jpg

UAkw8Yb.jpg

H . R . 2

I’m shocked you boys aren’t talking more about Space Marines 2 on here. Kinda slipped under the radar.

Correct me if I’m wrong but seems like a straight up AAA $70 very next Gen looking game in a sea of cross Gen looking garbage. (Lookin at you spiderman)
It's not a very popular series otherwise everyone would have lost their minds over it by now

Last edited:

And? They have the budget.

Nah dude. Matrix demo was downloadable and it was more impressive than first two UE5 demos. The problem isn't the hardware, it's the gaming industry that plays it more and more safe these days. Publishers are more focused on maximising profit and there's no better way to do that than recycle old assets in old engines and charge you $70. The fact that previous and current gen hardware are similar in their architecture has only aided this cause. Eventually publishers and devs will have to embrace current gen and update their tech so from our point of view we can only stay patient as this madness slowly comes to an end. People should learn from this though and expect next gen (PS6/SeriesXX) to be even more held back as current gen consoles are capable to hang around much longer when next cross gen period starts.
Exactly!

HighPoly

Banned
Some people said it looked better than TLOU2 when it clearly doesn't
there is something in the way Naughty Dog animate their games, that even a true next gen game will never touch.
but in comparison with texture, polygon and lighting I think Alan Wake 2, is in another level.
We've slowly seen the true next gen graphics coming to reality, and I hope to see this exponential increasing to the end of this gen.

So what do you UE5 disciples think of this one:

I mean, it looks good, but in the same vein as Spider-Man 2 that it didn’t drop my jaw any inch and I’m still perfectly seated in my chair.

Must take some serious bad talent to botch that up with using the holy spirit known as UE5, right?

HighPoly

Banned

I mean, it looks good, but in the same vein as Spider-Man 2 that it didn’t drop my jaw any inch and I’m still perfectly seated in my chair.

Must take some serious bad talent to botch that up with using the holy spirit known as UE5, right?

some questions
This game is a reboot, remake or a sequel?
it's as hard as Demon Souls/Dark Souls, or it's more like an arcade game?

Last edited:

Turk1993

GAFs #1 source for car graphic comparisons

Game looks really good, the level of detail is impressive and the lighting was also very good.
1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

H . R . 2

I had a craving for something visually vibrant tonight and played the first Mirror's Edge
I still can't believe EA achieved this back in 2008
goes to show that rasterisation and baked lighting can still produce great results

aKXzG59.jpg

G8Rt5v6.jpg

I wish we could have Mirror's Edge 3 with The Matrix Demo level of visuals. it would be astonishing.
I wonder why nobody has thought of this idea for an UE5 demo yet ? probably the cost of animating a 1st person character with Parkour moves

as for that Nvidia NPC demo, I believe that level of fidelity can easily be achieved if devs are smart enough to use both lighting methods in tandem more often.
ArgBfiP.jpg

By the way
The Ascent is also a technical marvel, especially in terms of lighting and atmosphere

Rp9Rb5T.jpg

wYKepid.jpg

YUVVrKe.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom