• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gravity Rush 2 |OT| Mewton's Law of Gravity

This has to be one of the most stunningly well realized "concept art vs. actual graphics" comparisons ever in videogames, right? I wish I had a Pro because this art style is amazing. I haven't even gotten beyond where the game opens up right at the start because I've been flying around in awe at the visuals/animations.

gravityrush2_20170120ybalj.png

gravityrush2_20170121c5loc.png

edgh9flhc.png

gravityrush2_20170121x9ait.png

gravityrush2_20170120gulth.png

gravityrush2_20170120usxgr.png

gravityrush2_20170120orao3.png

gravityrush2_20170121cxatj.png

I really like how it actually feels like the clouds are moving around you as you get higher and higher as well. Visibility is really low when you find yourself inside of one.

leng jai

This will definitely be in the conversation at the end of the year when it comes to best visuals. Obviously the art is stellar but it's amazing how well backed up it is by the tech, especially on the PS4 Pro. The only slight bummer is the lack of 60fps coming off the Remaster.

This has to be one of the most stunningly well realized "concept art vs. actual graphics" comparisons ever in videogames, right? I wish I had a Pro because this art style is amazing. I haven't even gotten beyond where the game opens up right at the start because I've been flying around in awe at the visuals/animations.

I really like how it actually feels like the clouds are moving around you as you get higher and higher as well. Visibility is really low when you find yourself inside of one.

Great screenshots, and you are spot on. It is incredible how artisically on point this game is. For me it is some of the best gaming has to offer and up there with ghibli stuff in terms of artistic exuberance.

There's one Gravity Slide challenge up in the rich area that's incredibly tight for the three star time. It's 50 seconds, and I had to cut every corner I could to scrape in under that. I wonder if it's much easier with Jupiter style, though.

silva1991

Just finished the game after 50+ hours. Amazing and fitting ending.

I was thinking the story missions were weaker than the ones in GR 1, but after
the whole the world above the world pillar
stuff I changed my mind.

I still think some story missions should have been just side quests and were a waste of time tho.

Overall the story missions are better than GR1, but not by much and the world and combat are much much better imo.

Awesome game and an amazing start to the potentially the best year for PS4 gen.

Now I wait for Kingdom Hearts 0.2.

BigEmil

Damn. Beautiful shots!

mcfizzle4

I'm early in GR2, only about 4 hours played, but Gravity Rush is quickly becoming my favorite PlayStation series and Kat has definitely passed Nathan Drake as my favorite character.

SomTervo

This game is so effin good

Combat is so improved from 1 it's stellar

Movement unbelievable

One of the best superhero games i ever done played

muteki

Just getting started but does the "evade+kick" ever feel better with upgrades, or like the first game at all?

Nvm, it was an upgrade or two in.

co1onel

This game is so effin good

Combat is so improved from 1 it's stellar

Movement unbelievable

One of the best superhero games i ever done played
Lunar and Jupiter styles give the combat a whole new life. I love how there's so many different ways to approach a fight now instead of just resorting to gravity kick spamming. Also, traversing the world with lunar is so much fun.

pixxxelz

I can't believe how pretty this game is, I've spent like 3 hours just messing around taking pictures in this Lhao city, I wanted to finish it in the weekend before KH 2.8 drops but it doesn't look like is going to happen.

Also at what point in the game you can rate pictures?

ArchAngel

Stealth missions are so bad. SO BAD! Spotted without anyone looking at me or these flying things. Feels like "hey, you can do this only one way, don't care for logic!". SADSFSDFGDFGUTZ!!1
"Look, no one can see me here" - yeah, the place everyone is watching and right before their eyes. WHY? WHYYYYY?

I can't believe how pretty this game is, I've spent like 3 hours just messing around taking pictures in this Lhao city, I wanted to finish it in the weekend before KH 2.8 drops but it doesn't look like is going to happen.

Also at what point in the game you can rate pictures?
I rated a couple as soon as I arrived in the city. You have to find and approach a ghost Kat where the photo was taken to see and rate them and are not marked on the map at all.

Shin-chan

Okay I know I'm a broken record with this now but does the Japanese version have English text or not? The website gaijingamers hasn't been updated yet and I want to order the Amazon version here.

SomTervo

Lunar and Jupiter styles give the combat a whole new life. I love how there's so many different ways to approach a fight now instead of just resorting to gravity kick spamming. Also, traversing the world with lunar is so much fun.

Shit, im trying to mainline story missions to unlock the new styles but it hasn't happened yet. Still at the "spam gravity kick" stage.

Hnnnnng

Rektash

Uhh, I guess I just did my first treasure hunt. What a disaster.

Some absurdly complex map I have never been to with literally dozens of flying slum boats. Tried to find something for like half an hour and didn't find shit. First and last time I will be using the online features of this game.What a giant bummer.

maouvin

Some absurdly complex map I have never been to with literally dozens of flying slum boats. Tried to find something for like half an hour and didn't find shit. First and last time I will be using the online features of this game.What a giant bummer.

Yup, hunted there too. Terrible place for a treasure hunt. Pretty hard to take a useful photo hint too.
But dismissing the whole online portion just because of one bad hunt is a bit too much.

You know what's really, really cool?

Combining gravity shift and rocket jump (lunar style).

- "Aim the gravity" to the point you want to travel
- Shift into a wall
- Do a rocket jump

Look at how kat launches hersef on a beautiful parable in rocket jump until the place you want to go.

Time for Spiderman 2 to let the throne to best traversal to the kween.

eXistor

There's one Gravity Slide challenge up in the rich area that's incredibly tight for the three star time. It's 50 seconds, and I had to cut every corner I could to scrape in under that. I wonder if it's much easier with Jupiter style, though.

That one's pretty easy if you cut the very first corner by jumping while sliding directly onto the first checkpoint. I shaved about 4 seconds off my time that way and got it right away.

For some reason it's really hard to switch between Gravity and Lunar styles for me. I can press or flick the touchpad all I want but it'll register only once every 10 tries or so. Am I doing something wrong?

Just starting chapter 5, only just figured out how to change costume haha. The game is such a treat. I never got to GR remastered so all the control improvements to me are now but so many things feel better now. I feel like a genuine beast with stasis in combat and I'm actually using dashing (... Is that right? Dashing? The L2 thing) and dodging is so much better too. Really great.

The treasure hunts are great! The game also tells you if you're in the wrong area (something along the lines of "I think I'm getting far away," and then tells you when you're in the right area ("It's got to be here somewhere!"). Then there's a beeping noise that occurs when you're close to the treasure.

So far, people have taken some great pictures of hidden treasure. Dunno what yours was like, but it's possible it wasn't a picture that didn't really help.

LotusHD

Banned

Jeez dude, it was just one hunt. Sometimes people take poor pictures, and the slum pace in particular is an awkward place to find treasure anyways.

- "Aim the gravity" to the point you want to travel
- Shift into a wall
- Do a rocket jump

Look at how kat launches hersef on a beautiful parable in rocket jump until the place you want to go.

Time for Spiderman 2 to let the throne to best traversal to the kween.

Oh it has long been time for that.

JustenP88

I earned 100 Gamerscore™ for collecting 300 widgets and thereby created Trump's America
I wonder... if I start the game before it finishes downloading, will the 4kness work or do I need a patch for that?

I'm tired of staring at this progress bar.

Jocund

I wonder... if I start the game before it finishes downloading, will the 4kness work or do I need a patch for that?

I'm tired of staring at this progress bar.
No patches, my friend! It should work okay. You probably just won't be able to play much past the intro until it's completely downloaded.

LordPusha

Ummm, how do you open the gesture options again? Sometimes it shows up and sometimes it doesn't, I'm pressing all the buttons what the hell?

Top Bottom