• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gravity Rush 2 |OT| Mewton's Law of Gravity

Rektash

Heh, is it just me or is the draw distance for gems a lot lower than in Gravity Rush 1/Remaster? I feel like I have to be a lot closer for them to pop up on my screen.

burgerdog

This game just puts a smile on your face. Question: should I be heading down to mine? I went down once but it seemed like there wasn't any objective or marker so I kinda just wandered around lost for a while.

Dubz

Never played the first one but I got his anyway. Loving the art, graphics, music, and exploration.. The combat could use some work though.

This game just puts a smile on your face. Question: should I be heading down to mine? I went down once but it seemed like there wasn't any objective or marker so I kinda just wandered around lost for a while.

Came here to ask exactly this. I don't know what the stars mean om the mine select screen or what any of it means LOL.

Caim

Came here to ask exactly this. I don't know what the stars mean om the mine select screen or what any of it means LOL.

The mine is optional but you can find Talismans there which is what those icons in the top right represent.

Moon, Circle, and Triangle represent the three different slots you have.

Sometimes rare Nevi spawn in the different zones and you'll get a notification about it. I'm guessing the stars represent difficulty, but I haven't spent much time mining other than the first zone.

From what I've seen, mining will get you gems to use for upgrades, talismans, and the giant nevi that spawn will get you special talismans.

I'm about to start and I'm using the new PS4 controller I got and set it up with USB. This cancels out the controller speaker, right? If so, does the controller speaker get used in this game?

Ferr986

Btw,side quests aren't missable,right? Or should I do them all once they appear?

Anyone?
Dnabghc.png

I'm about to start and I'm using the new PS4 controller I got and set it up with USB. This cancels out the controller speaker, right? If so, does the controller speaker get used in this game?

Same use as Remastered, gem collecting sound and some others sound from there. Nothing important.

Caim

I don't think it uses it all.

EDIT: Nevermind my sound was off on the controller.

Ferr986

I haven't done all side quests, but some are really funny, some with follow up quest or dialogue. But you can skip them and come back after you finish main quest.

Thanks! I want to do them all for sure, just not every time they pop, that's why I asked if I can leave some for latter.

Mifune

Mehmber
Hmmm. I'm not enjoying this game at all and I can't figure out why. I loved Gravity Rush on Vita. Remastered made my GOTY list. But GR2 just feels hopelessly bloated. Like the mining stuff should have been two missions tops. Some of the side missions are really long for no reason, too.

But back to the mining stuff. Horrible. Just horrible. For some reason they decided to blockbuster-ize GR with boring missions and endless tutorials.

The characterizations now seem more anime and less Miyazaki. Like, why does Cicie sound like she's dying? Why are all the voices like nails on chalkboard now? I got a great sense of who Kat was in the first game - carefree, caring, and sweet - but now I'm finding her annoying. I guess I should have known after watching the first half of that horrible anime prologue in which Kat chased down a beef skewer for five minutes that this was going in a direction I didn't want to follow.

And lastly, where's the story? The first game had an admirably tight and punchy narrative with lots of mystery and intrigue. Here we have some convoluted bullshit about trade deals. GR2 is the Phantom Menace to Star Wars' GR, story-wise!

Anyway, these are early times. So I'm hoping it gets better. Maybe I'd be better off just skipping the side missions? I'm honestly befuddled at my reaction to this game since I was primed to love it.

LotusHD

Banned
I've been sending gifs to a few people and ended up getting three of them to buy it XD

Really enjoying myself. Slow start, but now that I'm out in the open it's absolutely FANTASTIC.

One thing all of y'all gotta try is to go as high as you possibly can, and down fall all the way down. So relaxing.

Sweet I gained 450 Dusty Tokens overnight. Got me a few outfits.

Yo, teach me your ways...

Hmmm. I'm not enjoying this game at all and I can't figure out why. I loved Gravity Rush on Vita. Remastered made my GOTY list. But GR2 just feels hopelessly bloated. Like the mining stuff should have been two missions tops. Some of the side missions are really long for no reason, too.

But back to the mining stuff. Horrible. Just horrible. For some reason they decided to blockbuster-ize GR with boring missions and endless tutorials.

The characterizations now seem more anime and less Miyazaki. Like, why does Cicie sound like she's dying? Why are all the voices like nails on chalkboard now? I got a great sense of who Kat was in the first game - carefree, caring, and sweet - but now I'm finding her annoying. I guess I should have known after watching the first half of that horrible anime prologue in which Kat chased down a beef skewer for five minutes that this was going in a direction I didn't want to follow.

And lastly, where's the story? The first game had an admirably tight and punchy narrative with lots of mystery and intrigue. Here we have some convoluted bullshit about trade deals. GR2 is the Phantom Menace to Star Wars' GR, story-wise!

Anyway, these are early times. So I'm hoping it gets better. Maybe I'd be better off just skipping the side missions? I'm honestly befuddled at my reaction to this game since I was primed to love it.

image.php

I feel the complete opposite, but most importantly... Don't come for Cecie.

Just keep playing.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Also are Dusty Tokens linked to your account or to your save file? Hope it's not the latter since it'll be impossible to get Tokens in the future, when I replay the game fresh and nobody is playing anymore.

For some reason it's really hard to switch between Gravity and Lunar styles for me. I can press or flick the touchpad all I want but it'll register only once every 10 tries or so. Am I doing something wrong?

Flick up the touch pad -> Lunar Style
Flick left or right -> Normal Style
Flick down -> Jupiter Style

It was a bit hard at the start but now I don't have many problems, just one slight swipe motion is enough.

Oh it has long been time for that.

I still preferred Spidey 2 traversal to the first GR, I feel the original lacked something and Lunar style brings exactly that.

Caim

Holy shit how?

I doubt it's the only way, but you can get some from people finding the treasure in your picture you send for Treasure Hunt.

I got 100 from those, you get about 20 per person.

I'm assuming it's tied to your PSN account, I dunno.

Alucrid

Banned
I doubt it's the only way, but you can get some from people finding the treasure in your picture you send for Treasure Hunt.

I got 100 from those, you get about 20 per person.

I'm assuming it's tied to your PSN account, I dunno.

after you take the picture of the chest location, do you have to upload it through your photo book or does it do it automatically?

LotusHD

Banned
I still preferred Spidey 2 traversal to the first GR, I feel the original lacked something and Lunar style brings exactly that.

Fair enough.

---

Aww, Raven is such a softie. (sidequest spoilers)
I was competing against her in mining ores, but she kept beating Kat. Kat was clearly starting to get annoyed and jealous, so in the final competition, Raven let her believe that she won, because her smiling is more important than any contest. :)

Wagram

Yo, teach me your ways....

Just do the online treasure hunts, send treasure pictures, send challenges, rate peoples photos. They accumulate over time while you're doing other stuff. Pretty sure you get points every time someone interacts with your stuff.

Had about 100 points last night from doing random stuff and logged in today with 550.

LotusHD

Banned
Just do the online treasure hunts, send treasure pictures, send challenges, rate peoples photos. They accumulate over time while you're doing other stuff. Pretty sure you get points every time someone interacts with your stuff.

Had about 100 points last night from doing random stuff and logged in today with 550.

Can you automatically upload them?

F0rneus

Tears in the rain

I can't rate pictures for some reason. Like, I press square then the blue Kat dissapears and...that's it.

Rektash

LOL, my game is stuck in an eternal loading loop. I still see the cat paw animation going but it has been going for minutes and nothing is happening :O.

Rektash

... ok, if I replay the section the same thing happens.

Problem being if I load my save I start with a cutscene - and on the loading screen after the cutscene the eternal loading screen is happening.

Time to reinstall the game I guess?

eXistor

Flick up the touch pad -> Lunar Style
Flick left or right -> Normal Style
Flick down -> Jupiter Style

It was a bit hard at the start but now I don't have many problems, just one slight swipe motion is enough.
Yeah I found it out after I got Jupiter style just now. I thought it didn't matter if you flicked or pressed, but it did. Thanks though.

Weiss

Banned
I'm torn on the Side Missions. There's way too much faffing about, but I also like that it expands on the supporting cast.

Falling through the clouds and going to the lower wards was seriously amazing. I think I preferred the tight-nit dreamlike design of Hekseville but I am rapidly falling in love with Jirga Para Lhao.

burgerdog

When do you start getting styles? I don't want to do all the side content available to me now if I'm a mission or two away from the new styles. Currently in chapter 5(cleared.)

Top Bottom