• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gravity Rush 2 |OT| Mewton's Law of Gravity

I'm still early and haven't even gotten the Jupiter/Lunar stuff. Been flying around and doing side missions. Right now, I'm doing side missions until a story mission pops up.

Got stuck on a stealth mission requiring me to take a picture for a reporter. Can't get the last part right as the flying guys keep spotting me.

Hedgey

I have no idea what to do with these mining missions. Do I just go in and fight a big Nevi for a Talisman?

You can smack open all the bubbles for a chance of finding stones and other materials that turn into talismans. I found a really good one in the third mining mission.
Also yes, you will get alerts as to when there is a giant nevi in each area. Defeat them all for talismans, and eventually a trophy.

https://clips.twitch.tv/hedgey/CrazyLouseTriHard
On another note, these guards are awful at their jobs.

Weiss

Banned
You can smack open all the bubbles for a chance of finding stones and other materials that turn into talismans. I found a really good one in the third mining mission.
Also yes, you will get alerts as to when there is a giant nevi in each area. Defeat them all for talismans, and eventually a trophy.

https://clips.twitch.tv/hedgey/CrazyLouseTriHard
On another note, these guards are awful at their jobs.

I'm going into one right now and there's just a Nevi. No bubbles for gems or anything. There wasn't in the last one either.

Rainy

Banned
Jirga Para Lhao is so fun to just explore.

C2t8FA6XUAAaBZ-.jpg

:)

Servbot24

Banned
Started this up today and played 2 hours or so. It is pretty slow thus far, but I hopefully I've almost gotten through to the main game.

Skrams

I can't rate pictures for some reason. Like, I press square then the blue Kat dissapears and...that's it.

I think that might be an online error? I restarted my PS4 or quit to the title screen since I suspected that then they started working again.

Eblo

The side content to this game is surprisingly meaty. There even seems to be a story and an entirely separate game hidden underneath this gem collecting simulator. Thing's jam packed and has something for almost everyone.

First time playing Gravity Rush 2 (didn't play 1) and enjoying it so far, charming, cool visuals and mechanics, oh and there seems to be more cutscenes that I anticipated which is good although comic style scenes are really good.

I'm just starting though, I'm at the map quests tutorial part.

Humdinger

Just started the game up this morning. It's nice to be back in the GR universe. It's so silly and lighthearted. Love the menu. Reminds me of James Bond, Kat-style.

Seems like it's going to be a long game, so I'm settling in for the duration. I'm going to take my time.

I know people are coming across some interesting vistas further on in the game, but I'd appreciate it if people don't post screenshots. I don't want it spoiled.

Rektash

Guys, keep multiple save files for this game. Save files can apparently break.

I have a save file that I can load and it starts in a story mission cutscene. After the cutscene the game gets stuck in an endless loading screen that just keeps playing the loading animation.

Lost 3 hours of playtime to this. Luckily I saved to a different save earlier today, otherwise I would have to restart the game from the start as this rendered my main save file unusable.
Redownloading the game didn't help.

I have a save file that I can load and it starts in a story mission cutscene. After the cutscene the game gets stuck in an endless loading screen that just keeps playing the loading animation.

Lost 3 hours of playtime to this. Luckily I saved to a different save earlier today, otherwise I would have to restart the game from the start as this rendered my main save file unusable.

Thank you for the warning. Will do.

What chapter were you on specifically when this happened?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I like the idea of the online components, but holy crap, this treasure hunt has been impossible. Probably spent 30 minutes looking for the chest yet I can't even seem to get the beeping indicator to sound.

Otherwise, aside from upgrades being a bit more cumbersome to powerup since it's in more menus, I'm liking the things the sequel has brought.

Also, don't suppose there's a guide for those men & women's portraits? I got the few in the area when you first get the ability to do so. Though I will say, it was kind of annoying when I figured "Well, I could have Kat take a pic of herself, that should count" but the game said no, so then I'm trying to find a 5th woman, but THEN the game decides "okay NOW you can take a pic of Kat"

Weiss

Banned
Unfortunately, I think I have two bugbears with this game.

There's way too much faffing about. Missions are stretched to breaking point with pointless filler and fetch quests, and it kills the pacing.

Jirga Para Lhao feels way too disconnected. Hekseville feels like a city, but it's hard to get a feel of this place as a civilization, I guess. Like I'm in the ritzy wealthy district, and everyone's on these lone floating chunks of rock.

Rektash

What chapter were you on specifically when this happened?

Story mission 5 Circles in the Water: It happens after you follow the Centipede guys to their base. There is a cutscene where their base gets attacked by guards and the loading screen after some comic strips there just keeps loading forever. Loading animation keeps going on forever and the sound keeps playing. The game never finishes to load.

Caim

Lunar Style is fun to use, but the controls are a little frustrating. Rocket Jump especially.

It was frustrating me too, at first, but its just Forward + X simultaneously no matter what even though if I try it on certain edges I still get a regular jump or fall off instead.

george_us

When do you start getting styles? I don't want to do all the side content available to me now if I'm a mission or two away from the new styles. Currently in chapter 5(cleared.)
Chapter 9
which is WAY too long imo.

Kind of on the fence about whether I like this or GR1 remastered more. GR2 still has all of the same problems of GR1 with added problems such as bloat and the lack of 60 FPS. One thing that still annoys me to no end is the story still being 85% filler and focusing on shit I don't care about.

silva1991

I can't play Ni Oh final demo after this :/

All I think about is how to run and jump around with lunar style -__-

Also after finishing the game, I find t
he lack of rift planes and rare super nevis
is very disappointing.

The early missions with Fi don't feel well thought out, but other than those I've been enjoying myself so far. Soundtrack's still amazing. Spent a bunch of time exploring Lei Havina and enjoying the background music. There's a lot of detail that's been put into the world that you miss just soaring over it.

Dubz

So I see people talking about different styles like Lunar Style. Are these available right away or do I unlock styles along the way?

Gravidee

For those that are still wondering, the US GR2 does indeed recognize the HK save file for GR1 Remastered. So you'll get those costumes!

I finished, I want to say the 5th story mission a while ago, and the next mission hasn't popped up. I keep doing side missions in the meantime wondering if that's what I need to do for Mission 6ish to pop up.

Strange.

LotusHD

Banned
So I see people talking about different styles like Lunar Style. Are these available right away or do I unlock styles along the way?

You unlock them along the way.

----

Okay, I've finally encountered a stealth-related sidequest that I actually find annoying.
The one where you help the author with the Scarab people, it seems that no matter what I do, they keep spotting me. How the hell do I properly avoid them lol?

eXistor

I'm liking the game a lot more than GR1, but they may have gone overboard with content here. It's really stretched out and repetitive at times; missions go on forever and you generally keep doing the same thing over and over. Thankfully it controls nice and after 20 hours or so I'm still interested in playing on, but I feel like it could do with some editing here and there.

Hedgey

Anyone wanna swap PSNs for some friendly challenges? I've only got a few people on my friends list (that play GR2), and there are a ton of great costumes behind Dusty coins.

PSN is Hedgeyy, just leave a message

Miggy

I'm probably gonna focus on upgrading Kat's gravity field. The amount of fuckery you pull off with this move is sooo gooooooood lol.

LotusHD

Banned
I'm probably gonna focus on upgrading Kat's gravity field. The amount of fuckery you pull off with this move is sooo gooooooood lol.

I'm saving my gems until I see what the Lunar and Jupiter modes give me. Doesn't feel like there's any real reason to go all out in terms of spending them just yet. I do currently have it pick up 3 objects though.

Anyone wanna swap PSNs for some friendly challenges? I've only got a few people on my friends list (that play GR2), and there are a ton of great costumes behind Dusty coins.

PSN is Hedgeyy, just leave a message

I'm KyleRipman on PSN. Still waiting on my copy in the mail, sadly, but I'll add you!

Top Bottom