• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gravity Rush 2 |OT| Mewton's Law of Gravity

Weiss

Banned
Chapter 12 spoilers

I knew I was going back to Hekseville at some point, and GR has never been the best game for story telling, but I did not expect to be unceremoniously dropped back into the old haunting ground immediately after Chapter 12. In all honesty, I kinda feel my investment in Jirga Para Lhao was for nothing, because the Real Point is about getting to Hekseville.

I'm excited to return nonetheless because I love Hekseville and I want to see how it's changed, but I feel like Jirga Para Lhao ended up getting the shaft.

Kindekuma

Banned
I just started the game, and already found the cutest girl. Priority: protect Cecie at all costs.

AQiiNSx.jpg

jonjonaug

Chapter 12 spoilers

I knew I was going back to Hekseville at some point, and GR has never been the best game for story telling, but I did not expect to be unceremoniously dropped back into the old haunting ground immediately after Chapter 12. In all honesty, I kinda feel my investment in Jirga Para Lhao was for nothing, because the Real Point is about getting to Hekseville.

I'm excited to return nonetheless because I love Hekseville and I want to see how it's changed, but I feel like Jirga Para Lhao ended up getting the shaft.

Episodes 1-12 are basically "Gravity Rush 2" while the rest is "Gravity Rush 3 + epilogue DLC".

anddo0

Are "treasure hunts" supposed to mislead you?

All I get are hunts from jerks who take pictures of the ground and other unrelated objects.
I mean at least frame the treasure in the screenshot :|

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Are "treasure hunts" supposed to mislead you?

All I get are hunts from jerks who take pictures of the ground and other unrelated objects.
I mean at least frame the treasure in the screenshot :|

They are keeping tokens from themselves because you only get paid, if people find the treasure.

Just finished Ep 7, game is legit!

Completed every side mission and dialogues so far, don't care much about challenges and minning, I found it boring.

Some side missions are hilarious.

Will continue later after work. -_-

PaulloDEC

Finished this morning. If there's a record for the most
ending fake-outs
in a videogame, I'm pretty sure GR2 smashed it.
Hell, the end credits roll a good couple of hours before the game finishes!

Now begins the long process of mopping up all the side missions and challenges I didn't get around to. Ought to keep me busy for a while!

Also to all the people stressing over getting the tank top/shorts outfit, why not just accept the obvious superiority of the much-easier-to-unlock shop girl outfit?

LotusHD

Banned
Also to all the people stressing over getting the tank top/shorts outfit, why not just accept the obvious superiority of the much-easier-to-unlock shop girl outfit?

Pfft, that outfit is alright, but tank top's simplicity makes it the superior outfit, whereas the glam of the Kali Angel outfit also puts it above it as well.

Though there is admittedly a certain charm to picturing Kat as a superhero by day, store employee by night lol

PaulloDEC

Never. Which side quest does give you that outfit though? A specific name perhaps?

I believe it's either
"Hands up, hands out"
or
"Come one, come all"
. Possibly both, as they both appear at the same location and involve the same character.

Pfft, that outfit is alright, but tank top's simplicity makes it the superior outfit, whereas the glam of the Kali Angel outfit also puts it above it as well.

Though there is admittedly a certain charm to picturing Kat as a superhero by day, store employee by night lol

I've not got the Kali outfit yet, but I can't see myself using it much.
Kali was such a pain in my ass.

LotusHD

Banned
I played the first game by grabbing all the gems in an area as soon as it opened up. Is that overkill this time?

It's much harder to go crazy with the gem collecting, as the world is so much bigger this time around, so it'll likely be often that you simply just never come across some of them. And anyways, I think they respawn anyhow.

Additionally, it's much more difficult to max out everything, and there's a trophy that asks you to collect 60,000 gems as well, so yea...

McFadge

Oh wow, there's player 'souls' in the Mining Trench which you can pick up to collect the stones (talismans) they dropped!

Caim

Wow...
the Yunica and Permet boss fight is amazing, especially if you're in Lunar Style.

Also is anyone else getting multiple crashes? I've had like four so far.

Top Bottom