• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gravity Rush 2 |OT| Mewton's Law of Gravity

Dunan

Two questions: how so you put something down gently after accidentally picking it up with Circle? I don't want to fling boxes and benches all over the place right now!

And when do the alternate costumes start appearing? At Chapter 10 and all I have is the jazz one.

It's much harder to go crazy with the gem collecting, as the world is so much bigger this time around, so it'll likely be often that you simply just never come across some of them. And anyways, I think they respawn anyhow.

Additionally, it's much more difficult to max out everything, and there's a trophy that asks you to collect 60,000 gems as well, so yea...

Thanks! I kind of wish they didn't respawn. It makes challenges etc where you receive gems as a reward sort of meaningless and I liked the treasure hunting aspect of searching for them.

It continues.

XySZfoF.png

Thank god I decided to buy it at BB, 11 hours in and loving this so much more than GR1.

GR had art style and uniqueness going for it, but this actually polishes everything to a fine sheen. (Story, Mechanics, Art, Visuals, etc.)

In other news: I'm up to 164 Dusty Coins, thank you Shorts Army!

Squire

Banned
Oh my god, Lunar style is borderline revelatory. I just spent twenty minutes after the episode where you get it just running around, jumping from rooftop to rooftop collecting gems. It feels sooooo good.

The music for that episode was beautiful, too. I really hope Tanaka and Saito are on some great projects after this. They did well with GR1, but the music/art for GR2 is really showing how versatile they are at what they do.

Jusy beat the true ending.

Holy. Shit.

Same. Although the pacing was 🤔.

Edit: I'm
really pleased that they had that epilogue at the end. Was a nice way to tie things things up!

Also,
I wonder if the true ending was supposed to be part of the first game, but had to be cut. It feels so out of place after the other 2 parts before.

Same. Although the pacing was 🤔.

Edit: I'm
really pleased that they had that epilogue at the end. Was a nice way to tie things things up!

Also,
I wonder if the true ending was supposed to be part of the first game, but had to be cut. It feels so out of place after the other 2 parts before.

I think its more likely the true ending
is the game they wanted to make, realized its only 2 hours, and then built another story to fill in the time

jwk94

Just got the Lunar Style. Christ that mission didn't end like I thought it would. Also, damn that level was beautiful.

Also, I've noticed that Gravity Rush 2 is far less about Kat than the previous game. The focus is more on the people in this town, rather than answering the questions we were left with at the end of Gravity Rush 1. Although, I guess I might still be pretty early in the game. Anyway, that's just my observation so far, no spoilers please.

Gaf can someone spoil me on the fact whether the game has a happy ending or not. My niece whose 9 was a big fan of the first game and don't intend to give her a depressing game. She adores everything Kat.

D

Deleted member 518609

Unconfirmed Member
Gaf can someone spoil me on the fact whether the game has a happy ending or not. My niece whose 9 was a big fan of the first game and don't intend to give her a depressing game. She adores everything Kat.

Yes. While it may not seem like a happy ending at first, it ends on a very happy note. It's a bit violent and potentially disturbing for a 9 year old though, that might be worth considering.

mollipen

Episodes 1-12 are basically "Gravity Rush 2" while the rest is "Gravity Rush 3 + epilogue DLC".

This is what I've been saying since playing. It really feels like it was meant to be two separate games with very specifically (yet more fleshed out) narrative beats.

Ferr986

I sure hope is a happy ending, I'm not sure I couldn't handle yet another sad ending :/

I've been looking forward to this ever since it was revealed, but I haven't got around to playing yet as I'm deep in Bloodborne at the moment, and I feel like if I leave that game I probably won't return to it (due to the learning curve). I'll get to GR2 in a couple of weeks, hopefully (just in time to clash with the release of Nioh!).

Vindicator

The intro, while on shrooms was definitely an experience...

Also yesterday during a mining Mission a flying Nevi glitched into a building so it couldn't be destroyed, hopefully it won't happen again today.

Milijango

I've been looking forward to this ever since it was revealed, but I haven't got around to playing yet as I'm deep in Bloodborne at the moment, and I feel like if I leave that game I probably won't return to it (due to the learning curve). I'll get to GR2 in a couple of weeks, hopefully (just in time to clash with the release of Nioh!).

No big deal, everything's clashing in Q1 2017 anyway. Savour all of it!

Ughhh the uk charts, my poor heart

:(

Any links or just a prediction?

This legit makes me sad and mad.
It doesn't help the fact that there are going to be some idiots going lol bomba and dumb horseshit like that. Same thing happened with tlg. People complain that there aren't anything unique these days, how things are recycling over and over, yet blatantly ignore games like this.

Caim

"One Day this Crush Will End" might be the best side mission in the game besides "An Author's Discreet Charm II"

What made me laugh was when I saw a post saying the game should've been cheaper. On what grounds lmao

I've heard should've been cheaper and longer... my story percentage is at 50 and I feel like I've already played two Gravity Rush games. Cannot fathom what those people are on about.

navii

My fantasy is that my girlfriend was actually a young high school girl.
Flying through the sky and kicking those red orbs really made me think of Haruko from FLCL.

Top Bottom