• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gravity Rush 2 |OT| Mewton's Law of Gravity

jwk94

Can I take a moment to say how much I love the "finisher" sequences in this game? They're always so beautifully choreographed/animated and shot with terrific effects work.

finisherdrys9.gif

(I figured this was safe enough to post, but if anyone thinks I'm spoiling stuff let me know and I'll edit).

And while I'm on the subject, that finisher theme.

I can't agree with you here. They were ok at the beginning, but once
Raven
joins the party, they become too flashy. I can barely tell what's going on. Gravity Rush 1 had beautiful finishers that showed Kat's growth throughout the game AND they were grea to look at. Speaking of which, why did they throw away Kat's old finisher? That was pretty important.

I found one while doing some regular mining (not during a gravity storm) on that map that you go with Misai during a sidequest early on.
I was somewhat far from starting point, trying to reach the map limit horizontallu. Broke an ore "egg", no gems came out, shortly after a green nevi (the small, ground type) showed up. Downed me in two hits after tanking a whole spiraling claw (no idea if it's immune or just tanky). Will try to hunt it again later in the game, I was on chapter 3 or 4 when I found it.

No screenshots because I'm dumb.

Rare nevi in the first game were immune to criticals, so it would stand to reason they still are in this game too. The first game made it a point to say (in Kat-monologue) that it wasn't working though.

Eblo

That costume isn't automatically unlocked from the start? A bit funny considering you already have it in the beginning.

So what exactly are these gravitational disturbance encounters? I've done one and attempted a second. They have the same unexpectedly strong Nevi with nothing to replenish your stuff. Are these rare Nevi, just not green like in the previous game? They're not particularly engaging encounters, just some thing that floats around and occasionally throws two boomerangs at you or blasts toxic gas. Unless there's something I'm missing.

Ferr986

Yeah, it's not the most responsive input method. Sometimes I need one or two goes before it'll actually register, no matter which one I'm switching to.

Good to see it's not just me then lol I don't get why is this janky. Would fit way better if you can change it instantly.

I'm not even part of the Shorts Army here (did I miss that boat?) but I got 300 tokens nearly entirely in treasure hunt income over the weekend.

Shin-Ra

I turned up the volume on my DS4 for this game. The Normal/Lunar/Jupiter style change sounds fantastic echoing between speakers and controller, reminds me of the controller pairing echo on Wii.

Dad

Is there some trick to shifting gravity forms that I'm just not getting? Tapping the touchpad does absolutely nothing and flicking it only works about half of the time

Is there some trick to shifting gravity forms that I'm just not getting? Tapping the touchpad does absolutely nothing and flicking it only works about half of the time

I had absolutely no problem with it, but I'm using a brand new controller. Try wiping the touchpad with a damp paper towel maybe?

I believe in the tutorials it says you can also press the touchpad to switch, so I'd assume pressing the top switches to Jupiter and the bottom to Lunar. Not sure if that's better or worse than flicking.

LordPusha

I believe in the tutorials it says you can also press the touchpad to switch, so I'd assume pressing the top switches to Jupiter and the bottom to Lunar. Not sure if that's better or worse than flicking.

Did it !? Pressing the touchpad seems to return to normal mode and just that.

After playing the first on my Vita one thing I loved was how colorful it was with the OLED screen. I'm glad that for my playthrough on the second I picked up an OLED tv this Christmas because holy fuck this game is beautiful. It really shows off the contrasting strength between colors and the animation is top notch. I HIGHLY recommend this game on an OLED tv if you have the bones for it. It's really amazing.

Gameplay wise it's great as I expected. But those fucking stealth missions really piss me off. The first one took me like half an hour to find the "right" path to get through. They are very liniear. I'm only about 4 hours in so I've really only scratched the surface.

I'm enjoying my playthrough of GR2 much more than FF15 I must say. Something really didn't click with me in FF15 but man it's really just a joy to play GR2. You can tell a lot of love when into this game. I hope it sells well enough but it seems to have a niche audience which is sad.

Anyway love the game. Gotta work on more side missions.

burgerdog

Something is up with challenges, I'm beating a lot of the sent challenges(first time accepting said challenges) and not getting any credit for them. Kind of annoying when the game expects you to get 6,000.

Ferr986

Same here. I need to click it multiple times to work.

My pad is new(from a Pro).

Weiss

Banned
You can go into the options menu and assign style shifting to R2. Problem with that is that it sticks evading onto the trackpad.

I think its more likely the true ending
is the game they wanted to make, realized its only 2 hours, and then built another story to fill in the time

Ah yeah, that makes sense too!

Another thing!
So based on the photo you see post-credits, I guess Kat is still alive somehow?

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Have you guys discovered the gravity slide floating jump? (I'm avoiding this thread in fear of spoilery stuff)

Basically, if you're standing in a shift phase: activate slide, then jump (you can jump immediately) and you will sort-of float through the air in what feels like a super low gravity state, as long as you're holding a direction on left stick. Let go of that input and she returns to the ground.

It's hard to describe, sorry. But this has become my go-to traversal method when flat-footed in the upside-down or sideways orientation. Gravity slide-jump is whimsical and floaty fun. Because it's hidden a bit in the mechanics, I decided to post for those who might not have discovered it.

Maybe later I'll .gif it for those who don't know wtf I'm on about.

Dad

Same here. I need to click it multiple times to work.

My pad is new(from a Pro).

Alright, I finally found a more nuanced explanation hidden away in the control layout menu. Flick up for lunar, tap to return to normal, flick down for jupiter. I don't know why they didn't bother to explain any of that in the tutorial blurb the game shows you

Ferr986

Alright, I finally found a more nuanced explanation hidden away in the control layout menu. Flick up for lunar, tap to return to normal, flick down for jupiter. I don't know why they didn't bother to explain any of that in the tutorial blurb the game shows you

Yea I know that, problem is tapping (going back to normal) is unreliable to me. Need to tap more than once for it to work.

Pejo

So I forced myself through the remaining story missions of Gravity Rush Remastered before starting the sequel, and I'm so glad I did. Not so much for the story, but more for seeing how absolutely refined the mechanics are in 2. It just feels so much better to play.

Also, stasis is just 100x more usable now that it doesn't auto-float you. What a misstep in the first game, in retrospect.

Graphics, music, everything is just a great package this time around. Also, look at all those costumes you can unlock (not buy!).

This game is a fresh breath of air.

burgerdog

After playing the first on my Vita one thing I loved was how colorful it was with the OLED screen. I'm glad that for my playthrough on the second I picked up an OLED tv this Christmas because holy fuck this game is beautiful. It really shows off the contrasting strength between colors and the animation is top notch. I HIGHLY recommend this game on an OLED tv if you have the bones for it. It's really amazing.

:lol my first post in this thread was going to be DAT OLED. I got mine last year and my god GR2 looks amazing on it.

Kindekuma

Banned
Reached Chapter III, and finished Mission 13. Feels good to be back in some familiar territory. Mission 11 was fun, but man the camera issues plagued my enjoyment. The game is not meant to cram you in an enclosed space.

burgerdog

I can't win gravity slide challenges haha. I would be neck and neck going straight and all the sudden the ghost data just accelerates so fast without doing anything.

Yeah I have no idea what's going on there. I think it's probably a lunar rocket jump giving them that boost.

I can't win gravity slide challenges haha. I would be neck and neck going straight and all the sudden the ghost data just accelerates so fast without doing anything.

I'm going to guess they're probably rocket jumping, unless there's a speed upgrade down the line I haven't gotten to yet.

I got the challenge in 49 seconds as soon as it popped, so I'm happy with that.

Top Bottom