• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gravity Rush 2 |OT| Mewton's Law of Gravity

Selane

Btw, is it normal that there's some kind of "lag" to go from Lunar to back to normal mode? I click the panel but sometimes the game straights ignores me lol

I noticed a few people mentioning having difficulty switching back to normal style. I had that problem for a while too, but I figured it out eventually. You need to remember that this is one of the relatively few games that makes use of different touch regions on the touch pad(like clicking bottom left or bottom right during camera mode do different things). So you need to swipe up for lunar style, down for jupiter style, and touch the CENTER of the touchpad for normal style. It is 100% responsive, if it didn't work it's because you touched an edge of the touchpad somewhere and not the middle. Granted they don't actually tell you this, but once you figure it out it's 100% reliable.

I love how you can practically use anything in the enviroment to help yourself with maneuvering around. This game provides such a wonderful amount of control, creativity and options
I66aWlP.gif

Yaaaasssss, I see you've also unlocked this tech
Gravity Kick canceling lets you so some really wacky things with how momentum is conserved on that first jump when you hit the ground or a wall. You get a new set of floaty jump animations almost like you're bouncing off whatever you landed on. Looks and feels great

Yeah, its suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuper helpful with getting around with style. You can also use it to break any fall. Doesn't matter how high it was.

Also, if anyone has a problem with these gif sizes, please let me know.

Weiss

Banned
Okay spoilrs for Mission 20 because I gotta talk about this

What the fuck just happened here that was one of the grossest things I've seen in a fucking video game it was this big cancerous mass of faces and I have to keep it in the eyes and make them explode and it's this pile of limbs and AGH

THEN JIRGA PARA LHAO IS THERE NOW I GUESS

This doesnt feel like it has evolved an inch from GR1. I haven't got to the city yet, does it...improve? Combat is still unexciting and the main gimmick in enemy arenas still seems to be "ok but now you have no powers"

Mifune

Mehmber
This doesnt feel like it has evolved an inch from GR1. I haven't got to the city yet, does it...improve? Combat is still unexciting and the main gimmick in enemy arenas still seems to be "ok but now you have no powers"

It gets much much better. Much. I was hating, too, at that point.

Ill Saint

I noticed a few people mentioning having difficulty switching back to normal style. I had that problem for a while too, but I figured it out eventually. You need to remember that this is one of the relatively few games that makes use of different touch regions on the touch pad(like clicking bottom left or bottom right during camera mode do different things). So you need to swipe up for lunar style, down for jupiter style, and click the CENTER of the touchpad for normal style. It is 100% responsive, if it didn't work it's because you clicked an edge of the touchpad somewhere and not the middle. Granted they don't actually tell you this, but once you figure it out it's 100% reliable.

Just touch the touchpad to go back to normal. No clicking.

This game is GOTY 2017.

Only GT Sport can potentially steal this.

But fuck I love this game, feels just like playing GR1 for first time.

Jocund

Boooooooooooooooooi you better get that booty strapped into a seat, 'cause you ain't seen shit

Weiss

Banned
Holy crap after Mission 20
you can go freely between Hekseville and Jirga Para Lhao and there's no loading or anything.

jonjonaug

Okay spoilrs for Mission 20 because I gotta talk about this

What the fuck just happened here that was one of the grossest things I've seen in a fucking video game it was this big cancerous mass of faces and I have to keep it in the eyes and make them explode and it's this pile of limbs and AGH

THEN JIRGA PARA LHAO IS THERE NOW I GUESS

That was the moment I went "oh yeah, the director of Silent Hill made this game".

Weiss

Banned
That was the moment I went "oh yeah, the director of Silent Hill made this game".

Seriously? That explains so much.

So how does Jirga Para Lhao
end up with Hekseville? Is it just in the same universe now? Lisa talked about a "mainland" so did JPL cross dimensions or something?

Caim

end up with Hekseville? Is it just in the same universe now? Lisa talked about a "mainland" so did JPL cross dimensions or something?

I think Lisa said
Syd or perhaps Alias showed her how to get to Hekseville. I'm still not sure when the dimensions unless it was right after the Neu Hiraleon fight.

Weiss

Banned
I've complained a lot about how the Side Missions are a mixed bag, but the ones with the Waitress costume are amazing.

sora87

I just can't with Lunar gravity kicks, the camera just freaks out and loses the enemy I'm meaning to attack mostly every time.

Gravidee

I find lunar mode a lot easier to control in the final game than in the demo. I guess they improved the controls/input for it since that build?

Caim

I just can't with Lunar gravity kicks, the camera just freaks out and loses the enemy I'm meaning to attack mostly every time.

Wormhole Kick? Yeah it's initial distance is terrible and I'm not a fan of the tracking, but if you improve its distance via Talisman or upgrading then it'll feel much better.

LotusHD

Banned
Wormhole Kick? Yeah it's initial distance is terrible and I'm not a fan of the tracking, but if you improve its distance via Talisman or upgrading then it'll feel much better.

This. I have a Talisman that greatly extends its range, and I'll likely never remove it lol

mollipen

I think
it has less to do with dimensions and more to do with where up or down on the world pillar you are. But Gravity Rush's world is also a weird one that is far from explained, so.
That happening, though, did feel a little odd, even if I'm right.

Wagram

All side quests and challenges done. After Raw I take on that epilogue. If this is heading where I think it's heading i'm going to be pissed.

Weiss

Banned
I think
it has less to do with dimensions and more to do with where up or down on the world pillar you are. But Gravity Rush's world is also a weird one that is far from explained, so.
That happening, though, did feel a little odd, even if I'm right.

It's at least sort of inferred that JPL doesn't know of the World Pillar, and that's why they have the Gravity Stones at the bottom of every island.

Maybe the "mainland" is the part near the World Pillar?

mollipen

It's at least sort of inferred that JPL doesn't know of the World Pillar, and that's why they have the Gravity Stones at the bottom of every island.

Maybe the "mainland" is the part near the World Pillar?

I would LOVE to see some sort of visual/diagram/explanation/etc. for how the world truly works, but I'm also not sure that I'd want that, because it'd ruin some of the mystery.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Damn this game is long. I do plan to platinum it though. Currently heading to Episode
. Since I'm playing like 4 games this month, here's how my gaming schedule will look like:

- Finish and Platinum Gravity Rush 2
- Finish KH 0.2 (it's short from what I hear)

Then once one of them is done, I'll move on to KH 3DHD, then once another is done, I'll move on to Tales of Berseria.

Dragon Quest VIII can be done via commutes.

RE7 will probably get it next month.

HawaiianDreads

Neo Member
Damn this game is long. I do plan to platinum it though. Currently heading to Episode
. Since I'm playing like 4 games this month, here's how my gaming schedule will look like:

- Finish and Platinum Gravity Rush 2
- Finish KH 0.2 (it's short from what I hear)

Then once one of them is done, I'll move on to KH 3DHD, then once another is done, I'll move on to Tales of Berseria.

Dragon Quest VIII can be done via commutes.

RE7 will probably get it next month.

Silimar to my, I got to finish up this game and then start of Tales of Berseria, after that game going to play Yakuza 0, and after that depending on when I'm done I'm either going to be playing Nioh or Digimon. I'm going to save KH 2.8 after I get KH 1.5+2.5.

Kindekuma

Banned
I don't know what it was but the
desperation to find a place to stay
in Chapter 13 kinda got to me. I felt really bad for Kat. Dr. Braham is a really nice dude
but I feel like I'm being set up for a false sense of trust with that dude.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I really need to actually force myself to do the main story. The slow opening combined with how distracted I get by gems is holding back my enjoyment, I think.

sora87

So this side mission
a house in the blue sky.
.. what?
I just can't find anywhere to take this stupid picture.

Roubjon

Between seeing gifs in this thread and hearing the game being talked about in podcasts, I caved. I adore the first one and even though I'm really, really tight on cash I needed to get it. Can't wait for some Magical Girl™ action.

Top Bottom