• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gravity Rush 2 |OT| Mewton's Law of Gravity

mollipen

And this story? This is what I love in my video games, this very Japanese constantly escalating hype crescendo that never ends. Spoilers for up to Mission 20, I think it was?

TETSUOOOOOO! I'm sad to see Kali Angel go out that way, since she was such a great antagonist and I loved fighting her. That girl hits like a goddamn freight train; the first time I fought her I was just wondering whether it was actually possible to beat her at all when Raven popped out of the Gravity wormhole thing and joined me for a Dante/Vergil vs. Arkham co-op fight. And once it Cecie/Durga found her way into the mix? Forget about it. There's nothing I love more than sick-ass bossfights, and this game was just full of them.

I'm getting confused on when exactly it comes in relation to all of that, so it may be a bit of a spoiler, but I just had the biggest smile on my face when it was
Kat/Raven vs Kali/Durga vs Sea Wasp/Sea I'm Forgetting Your Code Name. It was just so "fuck year girls!" and such a great face-off.

Wagram

The story is the second half is definitely better than the story in the first half. That's why this literally could have been Gravity Rush 2 and 3.

EndMerit

Just unlocked Lunar Style. Really fun stuff but oh damn, PS4's touchpad is not great for switching styles. Pad is surprisingly sensitive so it's way too easy (at least for me) to accidentally graze it while using sticks.
Switching control layouts doesn't help either, since mapping evade to touchpad is even worse idea. Evading is way too important in both normal and Lunar Styles to map it into such a hard-to-reach button.

Honestly, if you would switch back to normal style by pressing the pad instead of just tapping it, I would have no complaints about this. As it is now, it's kind of a big deal.

Got Lunar myself yesterday, looks great on the white costume.

Just got my first "nice" rating for a photo, it was one of Kat clapping happily beside Raven who was standing there totally nonplussed.

ramyeon

I can't win gravity slide challenges haha. I would be neck and neck going straight and all the sudden the ghost data just accelerates so fast without doing anything.
Yeah, I was ahead for the whole race and then suddenly they were already at the finish :/

Kindekuma

Banned
Yeah, I was ahead for the whole race and then suddenly they were already at the finish :/

Same happened to me in newspaper delivery I. I was way ahead, in first. Then when I was at like 40/46, when the ghost is sliding up the building they jump in first. Like, the hell?

SxP

Keep finding myself going for some gems, seeing some more, going for those, seeing some more... etc. It's just so fun to traverse the world.

I finished chapter III last night and I'm hoping it's explained why
Jirga Para Lhao and Hekseville are now just side by side?
But yeah, that chapter ending was intense and not what I expected out of Gravity Rush.

While I do feel the first chapter was a bit long, it's pretty clear from the reactions that they made the right choice

And I find it odd why people find it so boring. The story is interesting and the different areas are really cool.
its boring cause its basically an extremely long tutorial for the basic controls (which i already know since i played gravity rush 1 and played the demo for 2) and tbqh i found 2/4 of the characters introduced to be lame as well, especially the tall woman with a sun hat, i forget her name.

Mifune

Mehmber
its boring cause its basically an extremely long tutorial for the basic controls (which i already know since i played gravity rush 1 and played the demo for 2) and tbqh i found 2/4 of the characters introduced to be lame as well, especially the tall woman with a sun hat, i forget her name.

It could have been cut in half easily and not lost anything of value.

Weiss

Banned
Okay so I'm doing Mission 17 and
the hell am I supposed to do? When I get to the second Grigo my robot friend won't hack it.

EDIT: NVM. I was screwing it up.

This stealth mission is terrible.

Weiss

Banned
Aw man, I thought for sure that my robot buddy
was gonna be Alias. It just ended up being that Chaz douche.

HOLY SHIT ITS NOT CHAZ WHAT IF IT IS ALIAS AND ALSO CECIE AND ANGL ARE THE KIDNAPPED ORPHANS AAAAAAHHHHH

LotusHD

Banned

P2iBGjs.gif

I absolutely love the main menu in this game.

How it shows cinematics from recent story beats, especially stuff like Kat (episode 9/10 spoilers)
singing

That and the theme song is just incredible (like pretty much all the music so far in the game).

Mieu

I so love the game! I'm at the part where
Kat and Raven rescues the hostages

It started slow for me since I took quests and the travel time is quite long but things are getting interesting from here!

Does
Vogo die? Hahaha. I think Cecie is a plot device of some sort

For people struggling with Dusty Tokens early on, do the Treasure Hunts and upload lots of pictures. I've only done like 3 challenges and have ~450 Tokens, maybe more by now but I haven't been able to play today. People are generous with their picture ratings, and good Treasure pictures are easy money.

Does this game run smooth on PS4 pro? I only ask cause the frame rate tanks on OG PS4 in some boss fights and I swear I feel whenever I enable
jupiter style
frame rate goes to shit...seems so anyway.

Shoeless

Does this game run smooth on PS4 pro? I only ask cause the frame rate tanks on OG PS4 in some boss fights and I swear I feel whenever I enable
jupiter style
frame rate goes to shit...seems so anyway.

It's pretty solid frame-rate wise on the Pro. Even with a lot of crazy physics going on and stuff getting wrecked and objects flying around because of a stasis field, the frame rate holds up. If it does dip, it's only a few frames, and never for long. I've never seen the framerate noticeably tank on me.

Rainy

Banned
I've been taking my time with the game, doing side quests as they pop up and such. 10 hours in and just did Episode 7.

Happy to have Raven back, that finisher with Kat was so cool. The true OTP.

Top Bottom