• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gravity Rush 2 |OT| Mewton's Law of Gravity

Weiss

Banned
So this side mission
a house in the blue sky.
.. what?
I just can't find anywhere to take this stupid picture.

There's a broken pillar a bit in the back. That's where you have to take it so you can get all the beacons in the picture.

Milijango

Between seeing gifs in this thread and hearing the game being talked about in podcasts, I caved. I adore the first one and even though I'm really, really tight on cash I needed to get it. Can't wait for some Magical Girl™ action.

You won't be disappointed.

There isn't like a time limit or anything to completing challenges from other players, yeah? And you get the option to send challenges to others after completing challenges, right?

Grisby

The left side of the town with all the floating megaplexes...just concept art that's become a reality. Looks so good.

I'm really happy they expanded the colors from GR1.

I'm on chapter 2 mission 10...11? Had a good laugh (big spoiler)
when you find out Volvo isn't dead.

Lunar mode is just divine but I'm surprised it took this long to get it. The side quests aren't really worth it in terms of rewards, except for leveling up sometimes, but they really do go out of there way to paint Kat as an awesome hero.

This really is the Superman game that deserved to come out.

Weiss

Banned
You have to do a certain number of Side Missions to progress in the story, right?

I'm post-Chapter 20 but I haven't had a prompt for a new Story Mission come up.

Rainy

Banned
There isn't like a time limit or anything to completing challenges from other players, yeah? And you get the option to send challenges to others after completing challenges, right?

There is a time limit but they're all like 165 hours and stuff. So plenty of time.

I just did the "Together, So Strange," side quest and
god when Raven let Kat win, it was so cute. "What's important is that she's smiling again." This is the OTP forreal...

DirtyLarry

Admittedly I only got to check it out real quick on my lunch break today as it arrived from GameFly. I was able to WFH but I actually had work to do today so no sneaking in time while I was "Busy," so I really did only get to play 30 minutes if that, so I am asking sincerely... Does the game pick up soon from just going from place to place talking to people? I even got the Gravity powers, and it still seems like I am going from place to place talking to people.

I played the original on the Vita, and full disclosure I never beat it as I got pretty bored with it, so perhaps the series is just not my cup of tea? Which is 100% okay if that is the case, I take no offense by admitting that and others should not if they love it. I just have a very low tolerance for click through talk scenes and if they are prevalent even when the action kicks in, I will just send it back to GameFly.

LotusHD

Banned
Admittedly I only got to check it out real quick on my lunch break today as it arrived from GameFly. I was able to WFH but I actually had work to do today so no sneaking in time while I was "Busy," so I really did only get to play 30 minutes if that, so I am asking sincerely... Does the game pick up soon from just going from place to place talking to people? I even got the Gravity powers, and it still seems like I am going from place to place talking to people.

I played the original on the Vita, and full disclosure I never beat it as I got pretty bored with it, so perhaps the series is just not my cup of tea? Which is 100% okay if that is the case, I take no offense by admitting that and others should not if they love it. I just have a very low tolerance for click through talk scenes and if they are prevalent even when the action kicks in, I will just send it back to GameFly.

Yea it picks up quite a bit.

---

I can't believe I actually kind of missed
Aujean and his son from the first game. His son is so big now, it's crazy lol. They're still sort of dicks though, but I guess they grew on me nonetheless.

Yep, picks up.

TB14

Started it today and played until I got to the city. Enjoyed it a fair amount, but hoping that what I've heard about it getting better from this point on is true.

I loved the first game so much, definitely a top ten game of all time for me. I'm barely into this (mission 8 or 9?) and holy fuck it's amazing in every way. GOAT? It just may be, if it keeps getting better. It's simply sublime.

Eblo

I just finished Episode 11, starting Chapter III. I feel various amounts of confusion and amazement. Is there an appropriate Kat reaction image for this?

LotusHD

Banned
I just finished Episode 11, starting Chapter III. I feel various amounts of confusion and amazement. Is there an appropriate Kat reaction image for this?

Of course:

MH5V1Sv.png

You have to do a certain number of Side Missions to progress in the story, right?

I'm post-Chapter 20 but I haven't had a prompt for a new Story Mission come up.

Look at your map for a yellow 'talk' marker called 'Shining Girl'. She appears in various places throughout Hekseville, and you have to go and meet her and talk to her. Bit of hunting for icons on the map, but nothing too strenuous. Eventually she'll disappear one last time, and you'll unlock Story Mission #21.

Weiss

Banned
Look at your map for a yellow 'talk' marker called 'Shining Girl'. She appears in various places throughout Hekseville, and you have to go and meet her and talk to her. Bit of hunting for icons on the map, but nothing too strenuous. Eventually she'll disappear one last time, and you'll unlock Story Mission #21.

Yeah I started looking for her and got to it. Thanks though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yy5S62Ny29U

This is easily my favourite side mission in the entire game.
It's short, it's fun, and I'm helping
wreak havoc on the city

Yeeesssss oh my god this is the best Side Mission in the game.

Anyone have any recommendations for games in a similar vein that may not be huge titles other than the remaster of course. I like the side quests and characters in this.

Hedgey

Anyone have any recommendations for games in a similar vein that may not be huge titles other than the remaster of course. I like the side quests and characters in this.

Probably one of the main reasons this game is so refreshing is because it is so unique in this generation.
I have not personally played anything else this good at what it does.

Final Fantasy XV is great, but definitely does not use its world as effectively as GR2 does.

Paskil

So can we talk about the level and amount of casual murder in this game? I haven't killed this many people since Katamari. They should have just called this Collateral Damage 2: Electric Boogaloo.

Am I daft? The ESRB doesn't even mention it. I'm carrying people around that probably are bursting open on the sidewalks like a wet, rotten pumpkin and this has some fantasy violence? This shit might be too real for me.

jonjonaug

The only games I can think of that use side quests to build a world quite as effectively that I can think of are Xenoblade X and the Trails series (Trails in the Sky/Trails of Cold Steel).

Gravidee

So can we talk about the level and amount of casual murder in this game? I haven't killed this many people since Katamari. They should have just called this Collateral Damage 2: Electric Boogaloo.

Am I daft? The ESRB doesn't even mention it. I'm carrying people around that probably are bursting open on the sidewalks like a wet, rotten pumpkin and this has some fantasy violence? This shit might be too real for me.

I was laughing at the side mission where
you chuck wooden crates and debris at breakneck speed towards some goons below. In real life, that plaza would be a bloody massacre filled with corpses, lol. And then it took an old lady to talk some sense into the shopkeeper who gave the mission and Kat. This game is bonkers.

Milijango

I don't think fall damage is a thing in this universe. When you fling people over the edge you're just sending them down to the Houseboat Fleet.

LotusHD

Banned

I don't know what you're talking about. ;D

PaulloDEC

Anyone still having trouble getting their pre-order content? I sent an email to Sony about it (on the advice of the retailer I purchased the game from) and got this:

chlc.png

Does that seem weird to anyone else? And isn't GR2 a first-party title anyway?

LotusHD

Banned
Remember how people said that this game is the best superman game ever created? Well they weren't just talking about the sense of flight :p

She also gives Nathan Drake a run for his money of being a nonchalant murderer lol

In the first game, you could sort of wave it away as people probably not dying when falling into the void. Maybe their backs get broken a little. But in this game, you have human enemies that you can hit full force with stuff like Jupiter Mode's Surge Kick, so...

Anyone still having trouble getting their pre-order content? I sent an email to Sony about it (on the advice of the retailer I purchased the game from) and got this:

chlc.png

Does that seem weird to anyone else? And isn't GR2 a first-party title anyway?
Yes strange the tech guy probably is confused

In the first game, you could sort of wave it away as people probably not dying when falling into the void. Maybe their backs get broken a little. But in this game, you have human enemies that you can hit full force with stuff like Jupiter Mode's Surge Kick, so...
Like I said, drake has been ousted. Hell after this game kat might beat the absolute piss out of kratos if she was to go one on one with him. That and kratos is much more subdued based on his new iteration

sora87

There's a broken pillar a bit in the back. That's where you have to take it so you can get all the beacons in the picture.

Thanks,
no idea why I didn't think of going far away lol.

The chapter
boss
was pretty annoying I thought,
the screaming attack that sent you flying away, ughhh.

I laughed pretty hard when I first started doing the slide through town and just fucking destroyed the entire marketplace. Nobody seems to mind all that much that Kat can make things explode instantaneously and fling children to their doom on accident.

Weiss

Banned
Thanks,
no idea why I didn't think of going far away lol.

The chapter
boss
was pretty annoying I thought,
the screaming attack that sent you flying away, ughhh.

Oh god that thing is fucking horrifying. The faces are creepily well detailed and she keeps growing.

Hedgey

Training Day II was really surprising!
I kind of liked throwing on a Detective cap for a bit, it was a good mix-up.

LotusHD

Banned
I don't get how certain talismans work. This one talisman I have said that it can increase my Wormhole Kick distance. It says Beyond+ and Beyond++; the first is a large effect, and the second a medium effect. Both lines say they cannot be stacked.

So does that mean that they don't stack with one another, or that it wouldn't stack with another talisman that had Beyond+/Beyond++ on it?

So confused lol

I don't get how certain talismans work. This one talisman I have said that it can increase my Wormhole Kick distance. It says Beyond+ and Beyond++; the first is a large effect, and the second a medium effect. Both lines say they cannot be stacked.

So does that mean that they don't stack with one another, or that it wouldn't stack with another talisman that had Beyond+/Beyond++ on it?

So confused lol
I think it is the latter.

Don't know how I got this picture but I like it
Nice pic!

Kat looks solemn.

The "Dangerous Delivery" sidequest lived up to its name, and actually handed me a Game Over.
Almost twice... you're carrying four packages and start with 100 durability. The Game Over starts you over at the start of the package delivery you last left off at, and resets the meter. No problems until the fourth package, and my second attempt left me at 29 durability left - and this is after the reset.

Rainy

Banned
Just got lunar style, it's so damn cool. Changing styles is weird though, you're supposed to flick the toiuchpad but it doesn't always work for me.

Also something after Episode 9.

Damn Vogo is a dick.

Voror

Hmm so how do these tokens work exactly? Added my info to the list, though I won't be able to start for a couple days due to work.

Are they gained just through doing the treasure hunts I've heard about from other players?

LotusHD

Banned
I finally got the Kali Angel outfit. I'm a happy man.

The "Dangerous Delivery" sidequest lived up to its name, and actually handed me a Game Over.
Almost twice... you're carrying four packages and start with 100 durability. The Game Over starts you over at the start of the package delivery you last left off at, and resets the meter. No problems until the fourth package, and my second attempt left me at 29 durability left - and this is after the reset.

That quest was hilarious, Raven was so pressed for that cake lol

I found it pretty easy though, maneuvering with Lunar Mode is the easiest thing due to wall jumps and what not.

Just got lunar style, it's so damn cool. Changing styles is weird though, you're supposed to flick the toiuchpad but it doesn't always work for me.

Also something after Episode 9.

Damn Vogo is a dick.

Hmm, just slide up on the touchpad. Never failed for me

Top Bottom