• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gravity Rush 2 |OT| Mewton's Law of Gravity

Hey fellas, help, sidequest...
"An Author's Discreet Charm" I must be like 20 minutes trying to find him on Lei Havina and I'm getting tired of it,
I don't have much time to play and don't want to be stuck here but I already did most of the quest so I can't quit... -_-

Edit: Nevermind, I'm an idiot.

Does anyone have any tips for the
Forgetful Bodyguard
side quest?

I keep
running out of crates or missing the heavies in the grav suits. Are you supposed to fly to other roofs to get more crates? Every time I try, as soon as I do a heavy makes it to the store and I lose
. Must have had to restart 20 times now. First time in the game I've really been stuck on something where I felt like I was making no progress.

Milijango

Hmm so how do these tokens work exactly? Added my info to the list, though I won't be able to start for a couple days due to work.

Are they gained just through doing the treasure hunts I've heard about from other players?

Dusty Tokens are rewards for engaging in online play, like competing with friends on time attack challlenges, treasure hunts, and reviewing other players' photos. Bear in mind that all online features are asynchronous.

Once you accumulate enough of them they unlock extra outfits, gestures, and character upgrades (via talismans).

Just T

Forgetful Bodyguard
side quest?

I keep
running out of crates or missing the heavies in the grav suits. Are you supposed to fly to other roofs to get more crates? Every time I try, as soon as I do a heavy makes it to the store and I lose
. Must have had to restart 20 times now. First time in the game I've really been stuck on something where I felt like I was making no progress.
Yeah you'll have to go to the other roofs, I was running out fast as well.

Caim

Forgetful Bodyguard
side quest?

I keep

Yeah just
fly to the other roofs/balconies. It is kinda of frustrating when you run out though because then you have to possibly try going to the bottom without getting caught to grab more boxes.

LotusHD

Banned
Forgetful Bodyguard
side quest?

I keep

Yea go to the other roofs, make use of the SP gems and use your special attack in Lunar Mode, remember to switch to Normal mode when dispatching the grav suit guys.

Voror

Dusty Tokens are rewards for engaging in online play, like competing with friends on time attack challlenges, treasure hunts, and reviewing other players' photos. Bear in mind that all online features are asynchronous.

Once you accumulate enough of them they unlock extra outfits, gestures, and character upgrades (via talismans).

Ah understood. That doesn't sound too bad. I was concerned about having to be online the same time as others in order to really try for these things, but that doesn't sound so bad.

Is it easy enough to accumulate a good amount just doing these sorts of things regularly?

Yeah you'll have to go to the other roofs, I was running out fast as well.

Yeah just
fly to the other roofs/balconies. It is kinda of frustrating when you run out though because then you have to possibly try going to the bottom without getting caught to grab more boxes.

Yea go to the other roofs, make use of the SP gems and use your special attack in Lunar Mode, remember to switch to Normal mode when dispatching the grav suit guys.

Thanks everyone! Really helpful.

Kindekuma

Banned
OH SNAP. A side quest with Aujean and Eugie. I love the dynamic of these two in this game.

AW SHIT YEAH ANOTHER COSTUME I'LL TAKE IT

I3rand0

What were they thinking with the upgrade costs in this game?

Even with finishing the game, and all the sidequests and challenges, I still need 75k gems to max out Kat's skills.

The only reliable method I've seen to farm gems is redoing Mission 19 until you get to the first plot battle and quitting for about 2.5k gems but it still takes anywhere from 10-20 minutes each time.

This platinum is going to be a grind.

Milijango

Ah understood. That doesn't sound too bad. I was concerned about having to be online the same time as others in order to really try for these things, but that doesn't sound so bad.

Is it easy enough to accumulate a good amount just doing these sorts of things regularly?

Most activities have a reward of 20-30 tokens if you succeed at them, and a participation reward of 3-5 if you fail.

• Photo Item: Upside-Down Man – 10 Dusty Tokens
  • Gesture: Salute – 100 Dusty Tokens
  • Costume: Worker – 300 Dusty Tokens
  • Talisman: Miner's Technique – 500 Dusty Tokens
  • Photo Item: Traffic Cone – 1000 Dusty Tokens
  • Costume: School Uniform 1.0 – 2000 Dusty Tokens
  • Talisman: Fisherman's Recipe – 3000 Dusty Tokens
  • Gesture: You There – 4000 Dusty Tokens
  • Costume: Shifter 1.0 – 5000 Dusty Tokens
  • Talisman: Unlimited Potential – 6000 Dusty Tokens

The final rewards have yet to be achieved by anyone, last I checked. Most of us are just going for the Worker Costume (basically what you wear in the prologue), which is not too hard to get if you've added yourself to the PSN list in the OP.

What the fuck when did I get 213 dusty tokens? lol. I only need 300 for one costume right? no other costumes need more tokens?

The list above has also School Uniform 1.0 and Shifter 1.0 which I presume are just legacy outfits from the first game.

That quest was hilarious, Raven was so pressed for that cake lol

I found it pretty easy though, maneuvering with Lunar Mode is the easiest thing due to wall jumps and what not.

I had no problems with the maneuvering, but every problem with
Raven knocking the shit out of me. I certainly didn't jump 71 times on the final delivery!

Voror

Most activities have a reward of 20-30 tokens if you succeed at them, and a participation reward of 3-5 if you fail.

The final rewards have yet to be achieved by anyone, last I checked. Most of us are just going for the Worker Costume (basically what you wear in the prologue), which is not too hard to get if you've added yourself to the PSN list in the OP.

Not too bad though certainly a while to get the higher tier rewards.

Do we even know what that last one does? From the sound, my guess would be infinite time to be in the air or some such, which of course would be quite broken.

Baalzebup

Well now, I finally found myself an actual Rare Nevi. It was a green version of those flower/jellyfish Nevi that basically just float in place an occasionally chuck a firebolt at you. This one was... a 'bit' more dangerous. I found it in Togluf Reef with Rich Ore deposits and no special events going on. It was actually inside one of the ore bubbles. I broke it and out came Nevi smoke instead of gems, followed shortly by the Rare Nevi itself.

In other news, two of those picture collectibles are fucking evil. I've found every single man, woman and artwork from both cities, all within 5 minutes of starting to look for that particular person or picture, except these two remaining. I've scoured every single place I could think of several times and have come up short. They are both in Lei Colmosna, but I just can't find em! The hints for these two seem to be the vaguest of them all and it reaaaally grinds my gears. Not giving up yet though.

Kiro

Amazon taking 2 months to ship this means I'm going to miss all the online dusty coins eh? Never gonna get those super powered talismans... *grumble grumble*

Spman2099

I went to order this off of Amazon.ca, but they said it could take 1-2 months to deliver. I am really torn; I have too many games to play right now, but I really want to support the developers and buy this game. That being said, I am not going to order a game at nearly full price and get it two months from now. I also don't want to buy it at a store and pay 20% more than I would have at Amazon...

LotusHD

Banned
Amazon taking 2 months to ship this means I'm going to miss all the online dusty coins eh? Never gonna get those super powered talismans... *grumble grumble*

I went to order this off of Amazon.ca, but they said it could take 1-2 months to deliver. I am really torn; I have too many games to play right now, but I really want to support the developers and buy this game. That being said, I am not going to order a game at nearly full price and get it two months from now. I also don't want to buy it at a store and pay 20% more than I would have at Amazon...

What the fuck is going on in Canada lol

ChrisD

So, Side Missions, they don't continue throwing loads of them every Chapter, do they? I feel like remember GR1 was pretty bad about that, was kind of hoping it wasn't so here.

I enjoy them and the stories that come alongside, but three per Chapter I think it's been this far? It's only a one number difference, but I'd much prefer two... One or zero in the case of coming after a Story Chapter that doesn't "conclude." Like Chapter 6, where you see
Masked Raven
. I want to continue the Story and see what happens there, but now I have THREE side quests! And I do nooooot want to let them stack. I get straight up intimidated by long quest lists.

Other than that, I played for six hours straight today, so... Game is still fun, just like the first. It's weird though because like... I'm never excited or gleeful while playing this series, but I also never feel like I'm not enjoying my time playing. That make sense? Like, Mario may have higher highs, but there are the frustrations. GR tends to have very few of those for me.

Lastly, hoping my pictures I sent out during my session will pick up some coins when I get on next. I actually really liked the clothes Kat wore in the beginning; Work Clothes I think they're called? I want to swap back to that.

Edit: Work, not Wirk...

So, Side Missions, they don't continue throwing loads of them every Chapter, do they? I feel like remember GR1 was pretty bad about that, was kind of hoping it wasn't so here.

Huh? Gravity Rush had almost no (if any) sidequests at all at release. It was an extremely linear game, with post-release DLC adding three two-episode sidequests in total.

ChrisD

Huh? Gravity Rush had almost no (if any) sidequests at all at release. It was an extremely linear game, with post-release DLC adding three two-episode sidequests in total.

Sorry, mixed up side quests with missions, like the Races, Time Attacks and whatnot. I remember the... Children place in GR1 had like six missions or something crazy like that.

Something cool I noticed immediately in GR2 is that it's a whole lot more balanced in the regard of Kat starting off pretty dang strong. I remember some of the races in 1 were so difficult, but if you came back hours later once you'd upgraded your stats they were honestly too easy. GR2 has a bunch of bonuses and stuff, but nothing as big as more gauge, speed with X and the like.

Dominator

You're just agitated. It isn't that bad.
The problem is I shouldn't be agitated. Now I have to toss this disc and it flat out sucks. I shouldn't have to be waiting for this dog to get over sniffing a duck or something. It's just dumb.

Worst mission in the game so far. Glad it's only a side mission, cause this would be horrendous as a main mission.

Alucrid

Banned
i was able to download the soundtrack with the promo code on NA PSN.

ended up getting the platinum

gravityrush2_201701236yjyf.png

then played around with lunar form for a bit

MIraFKT.gif

9OKUrLo.gif

now it's time to wait until the dlc. maybe i'll have the 6k coins by then

LotusHD

Banned
Just finished the A Legend is Born side quest. Fucking lmao this game is amazin'

Also got the Nurse outfit! YES

Welp, I did it, it was really fun, especially that last scene haha

The problem is I shouldn't be agitated. Now I have to toss this disc and it flat out sucks. I shouldn't have to be waiting for this dog to get over sniffing a duck or something. It's just dumb.

Worst mission in the game so far. Glad it's only a side mission, cause this would be horrendous as a main mission.

The disc toss thing is easy though. As for the sniffing, he pretty much does it for you, and you can just call him whenever. Never really understood why people complained about this one.

McFadge

Keen for people to get to the Delvool Mining Trench, only saw one other poster mention it so far. Seems like the place to go to rack up gems for later upgrades since they're really abundant, but the difficulty ramps up pretty fast!

Encountered one of the green Nevi that was mentioned, assuming that's the "rare Nevi", and got wrecked in one shot too. Tried to get in and do my Jupiter mini black hole when it happened, guess I wasn't fast enough.

The online aspect of finding other people's talismans is neat too! Currently at level 11 (I think?) where I have to kill 5 Nevi with each gravity style. It's annoying because it doesn't track it though, so you have to keep tally yourself. If you kill 6, you fail. I swear I had killed 5 with Lunar and Normal, then tried to get the rest with the mini black hole in Jupiter but failed for some reason. I must have killed 6 with Jupiter, but I was hoping it would finish after killing the 5 since I thought I had the others checked off. Will have to try again next time a gravity storm opens and be more careful...

McFadge

Just did a treasure hunt where half the image was the fucking apple chest. I KNOW WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE, SHOW ME WHERE. Gosh.

I swear some people don't even want Dusty Tokens. I just give up on treasures after a while, especially in the House Boats area, when people provide crap photos. Plenty of other treasures to look for instead.

I swear some people don't even want Dusty Tokens. I just give up on treasures after a while, especially in the House Boats area, when people provide crap photos. Plenty of other treasures to look for instead.

To be fair, it's extremely difficult to take a good photo in that area due to how identical all the buildings look with little to no landmarks anywhere.

McFadge

To be fair, it's extremely difficult to take a good photo in that area due to how identical all the buildings look with little to no landmarks anywhere.

I know, but you have to find something! Usually you can get a view of the central landmass which at least gives you some orientation. I've gotten top down photos of blue tarps on roofs; doesn't really narrow it down.

Kindekuma

Banned
Damn, I got yet another costume. That's four just today only! They throw 'em at you when you reach Hekseville.

Edit: FIVE. Count 'em! I have all of the outfits now, now gotta wait till I hit 2000 and 5000 Dusty Tokens. Oh boy.

I just got Jupiter Style!

Jupiter Style was a mistake. It's nothing but trash.

I'm sure I'm just bad at games, but god that was THE WORST LEVEL to have to learn Jupiter Style in.

Kindekuma

Banned
I just got Jupiter Style!

Jupiter Style was a mistake. It's nothing but trash.

I'm sure I'm just bad at games, but god that was THE WORST LEVEL to have to learn Jupiter Style in.

You're not the only one. Trust me. The camera becomes its own boss in that level, and its beyond frustrating.

Jhn

This game has a ridiculously janky third person camera for something that's so dependent on where you aim.
Damn it game, stop trying to "help out" with the camera! Leave it alone!

First person mode is very relaxing just due to the fact that the camera doesn't live a life of its own.

Top Bottom