• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gravity Rush 2 |OT| Mewton's Law of Gravity

Kindekuma

Banned
Thought I was the only one who had problems with that level, it's a shame because the idea was quite nice.

The idea is excellent. However the game just doesn't work in really small enclosed areas. You can't see anything when going through the long corridors in Jupiter Style and it just kinda devolves into this huge mess.

This game has a ridiculously janky third person camera for something that's so dependent on where you aim.
Damn it game, stop trying to "help out" with the camera! Leave it alone!

First person mode is very relaxing just due to the fact that the camera doesn't live a life of its own.

Oh man, I didn't even think to switch to first-person. I wonder if that would've made that level bearable or not.

Anyways, glad to know I'm not the only one! Though I think the loss of mobility also just makes things more difficult, independent of the camera issues.

It's a bit of a rude awakening when you get Jupiter and find out you have no left-stick air control, and Kat keeps going for a bit when you stop gravity. I think a little note about that in the tooltips would have helped in that level. If you take an extra moment to aim straight down the middle of all those tunnels you can have a great time blasting through all the destructible stuff, but if you're anything like me you tend to just quickly double tap R1 to change direction and then finesse it with the left-stick, which obviously won't work in that level and leads to you getting hung up on stuff while the camera goes nuts :p

Nothing beats the Rocket Jump, but I still use Jupiter a fair bit. It's my 'get somewhere fast' or 'deal a bunch of damage quickly' option. If I want to fall between islands or do a Sliding challenge, I'm going to be in Jupiter, or if there are any bosses with stationary weakpoints or a bunch of enemies grouped together on the ground. I think its Stasis Field is pretty rubbish, though; with so many hyper mobile enemies in the game I'd much rather have five separate projectiles than one big heavy one that might miss.

I tend to switch between the three styles pretty much all the time, both in combat and in plain old traversal.

Shin-Ra

GRR vs GR2

28779011082_c10f590b02_o.png

32495576865_ecbf3bf06e_o.png

Lingitiz

Some of the missions are hit or miss so far (on mission 9, did a bunch of sidequests). Overall the game is fantastic and seems like a nice step up from the first. Really liking the amount of variety that there seems to be with each quest. Everything from the main, side, and challenge missions is somewhat substantial and offers variety.

Squire

Banned
Just got to chapter 3. Yeah, shit's escalated. I may as well be playing GR3 right now for sure.

Honestly, I think it's great. In any other game it would feel like the narrative is padded out, GR1 included. I don't feel like they're rushing; I feel like having a lot to get through is keeping them from wasting time. This story is waaaay better than I expected and they're only just now looking back in the direction of a bunch of the mysteries from the first game.

Milijango

Just beat mission 7 after eleven hours of playtime. Done every side mission and listened to every conversation that has popped up this far. I could marathon it I'm sure but I really like the pace of 2 missions + side stuff per day.

I'm what, a third of the way through? I don't want to be hasty, but... well, the game's good. So good I'm scared to jinx it.

Just beat mission 7 after eleven hours of playtime. Done every side mission and listened to every conversation that has popped up this far. I could marathon it I'm sure but I really like the pace of 2 missions + side stuff per day.

I'm what, a third of the way through? I don't want to be hasty, but... well, the game's good. So good I'm scared to jinx it.

It gets gooder and then less good for a little bit, and then really goodest towards the end :D

Edit:
The bodyguard mission where you have to protect the store is fucking dumb.

YES. I kept running out of ammo, and when i tried to conserve ammo the boxes kept hitting shit like railings Q_Q

Arklite

Only thing I use Jupiter for is walking through the mining orbs effortlessly or to hurl masses of junk. Haven't really warmed up to lunar either but I see others really nail its use.

jwk94

Only thing I use Jupiter for is walking through the mining orbs effortlessly or to hurl masses of junk. Haven't really warmed up to lunar either but I see others really nail its use.

I just got Lunar and it makes traveling even more fun. Otherwise, I don't really see a use for it outside of that special ability, but even then I rarely save up enough SP for it. Just keep spamming Stasis Field and I'm good to go.

Naw dog, the whole she-bang.
I'm on Chapter 27 on my save file, end game.
Check your story progress and let me know
I think that's because the game puts you back at the time before you started climbing the pillar. So it says it's not 100%. Unless we're still missing something, but I doubt it. It could also be counting the DLC, but that seems unlikely.

ramyeon

The Nurse outfit quest is AWFUL. The platforming sans gravity in this game sucks, it is not it's strong point and they shouldn't use it like this.

Hedgey

The Nurse outfit quest is AWFUL. The platforming sans gravity in this game sucks, it is not it's strong point and they shouldn't use it like this.

I like that it gets you to use the dodge roll to break your fall.
It really is handy. I usually just spam gravity on/off before the fall.

On another note- this is really expensive!

(I'm buying it anyway)

ramyeon

I like that it gets you to use the dodge roll to break your fall.
It really is handy. I usually just spam gravity on/off before the fall.

On another note- this is really expensive!

(I'm buying it anyway)
It's bad. It's really bad. Kat is like a rag doll without gravity control.

aravuus

How's the framerate on OG PS4? Actually locked 30? Cause the demo framerate felt awful and I'm not planning on getting a PS4 Pro in quite a while, if ever.

Tried to search the thread but couldn't really find much.

Prototype

How's the framerate on OG PS4? Actually locked 30? Cause the demo framerate felt awful and I'm not planning on getting a PS4 Pro in quite a while, if ever.

Just finished 100% on an OG PS4 and it felt fine except the very very very end. Great experience

Hedgey

Some odd parts drop to sub-10 frames at the weirdest times, but 99.5% of the time it runs at 30. I noticed it was MUCH better than the demo (I was worried too)

aravuus

Just finished 100% on an OG PS4 and it felt fine except the very very very end. Great experience

Some odd parts drop to sub-10 frames at the weirdest times, but 99.5% of the time it runs at 30. I noticed it was MUCH better than the demo (I was worried too)

Steady 30. Check out the Eurogamer Tech Analysis.

Awesome, that's good to hear! I haven't even played the first one yet and I've got a bunch of stuff to play during the next month or two, but I'll be sure to check GR Remake & 2 out a bit later in the spring.

I have also finished the game and the game seems to be definitely locked at 30. It does drop whenever there's too much fire (from rockets for example), and it drops hard, so I think it might be some sort of bug.

Prototype

If little witch academia can get a kick starter, I want Gravity Rush to have one. Would like a full length movie please. I just want to be in this world more.

Top Bottom