• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gravity Rush 2 |OT| Mewton's Law of Gravity

Draikin 2

I think GR2 will be a slow burn, if anything. It was never going to have solid first day/week sales.
That's certainly true, and there's the free DLC in March that can reignite interest in the game, but I was just hoping for a slightly better launch.

ha cool ! because when he says : "increasing dusty Tokens rewards", it could also refer to the rewards you get by getting a certain amount. Hopes Keiichiro didn't understand that instead lol
I see what you mean, but I did elaborate in a second tweet stating that it's difficult to earn Dusty Tokens, so I'm sure he understood what I was trying to say.

Wagram

It's time to mop up the remaining trophies. I really hope there's a way to obtain Gems really easily via mining. Love the game, don't like mining.

Weiss

Banned
Mission 21
Climbing the World Pillar is so cool. It's something I've wanted to do since the first game.

I thought for sure NieR Automata and Persona 5 were going to be my GOTYs, but Gravity Rush 2 is something sublime.

Weiss

Banned
Man just when I think this game can't get any more nuts I reach
the kingdom on top of the World Pillar and KAT IS THE QUEEN AND THERES A SPACE DEER AND IM SO CONFUSED

YO GAME GIMME A FUCKING CUTSCENE BEFORE YOU DROP ME INTO THIS SHIT I CANT EVEN

IS THIS A FLASHBACK WHAT HAPPENED TO DUSTY AND RAVEN AAAAHHH

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Sounds like a dead zone on your controller stick to me. Check other games.
Shit. Haven't noticed anything in other games, but maybe they're less reliant on that direction of the left stick, but if this isn't something others are experiencing, it's gotta be the controller.

mollipen

Man just when I think this game can't get any more nuts I reach
the kingdom on top of the World Pillar and KAT IS THE QUEEN AND THERES A SPACE DEER AND IM SO CONFUSED

YO GAME GIMME A FUCKING CUTSCENE BEFORE YOU DROP ME INTO THIS SHIT I CANT EVEN

IS THIS A FLASHBACK WHAT HAPPENED TO DUSTY AND RAVEN AAAAHHH

I love that part of the game, because it just makes you so confused for a while, and you feel like you might actually be going crazy.

Also, I will not stand for any Jupiter style hate. The single best feeling in the game when it comes to attacks is punching the f**k out of enemies with Jupiter. It's just so cathartic.

wapplew

I love that part of the game, because it just makes you so confused for a while, and you feel like you might actually be going crazy.

Also, I will not stand for any Jupiter style hate. The single best feeling in the game when it comes to attacks is punching the f**k out of enemies with Jupiter. It's just so cathartic.

I use Jupiter on bosses, just punch them in the face, it's very effective.

Baalzebup

Behind the Scenes challenge is hard as hell. Can't go past the third check point without being caught.
Tactical use of jumps seems almost compulsory in that one. Timing it well can save you from all kinds trouble. The second actual side mission of that flavor had a person materialize on me literally from nowhere about a second away from the finish line. Completely clear set of stairs and she just steps out of the ether and ruins it all. I smashed jump on the next try and sure enough, she did the exact same thing but didn't manage to touch me due to the constant jumping.

Weiss

Banned

Yeah I have no clue what's happening anymore.

Are others having trouble with Kat constantly stopping/stumbling while running? I assume that's a problem with the game, and not that my controller suddenly broke.
The same thing happened to me with GR and other games. If you have an old model controller, it is probably an issue with the stick. I ended up buying one of the updated controllers.

Pfft, let him find out for himself lol

Not everyone is going to automatically take an issue with how it starts :(
I didn't find issue with it personally; just wanna give it a headsup.
The same thing happened to me with GR and other games. If you have an old model controller, it is probably an issue with the stick. I ended up buying one of the updated controllers.
Aha so it is my controller

nbnt

is responsible for the well-being of this island.
Pfft, let him find out for himself lol

Not everyone is going to automatically take an issue with how it starts :(
Yeah, I really enjoyed the slow start, but then again I also enjoy the missions people complain about so maybe I'm weird like that. :p

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Hmm, good to know. I definitely have the old model. Guess it's time to buy a new one. Thanks.

Finished the game with all side and challenge mission done. Man, I love the world and characters so much. The challenge missions are kind of lame this time though. There was so much that could have been done with the Luna and Jupiter styles but somehow the stuff we got is less exciting than the challenge missions from the first game.

notaskwid

Just found an open legged
nurse costume Kat picture in Heskerville
for rating and reported it for Sexual content. I hope it wasn't one of you.

sora87

I feel like I've played Gravity Rush 2 and 3 in the past few days haha, and now I'm finished. What a tremendous, frustrating and just plain fun experience. Up there with Bloodborne as the top 2 PS4 exclusives for me.

I hope this isn't the last time we visit that vibrant and incredible world.

Kindekuma

Banned

228.gif

KAT IS NOT FOR LEWD

LotusHD

Banned
The only mission I hated so far was the one with the scarab people (I forgot the name)

That ended hilariously though. Hell, basically any grievances I may have with the sidequests get alleviated by the writing, it's just consistently great lol

Oh wow, tbh, I laughed a little at the option to report stuff because it seemed we didn't need it. I forgot people are more creative than I give them credit for lol

I'm sure most of you have noticed this already, but it seems like you can't get more than a +20 Tokens per day from the same friend. So there's no point in sending a request for each challenge. And on Reddit they were also saying that it's best to send challenges individually. Also, if we want to just farm those tokes, we might as well get the lowest score possible and then let time run out.

Weiss

Banned
Mission 25

In which Kat slaps a child in the face

So I guess the kid's deer nevi companion thing was the Ultimate Evil?

Deer dude is nice for a cthlulhu monster.

Shin-Ra

The Nurse outfit quest is AWFUL. The platforming sans gravity in this game sucks, it is not it's strong point and they shouldn't use it like this.
This was one of my favourite missions, I beat all the platforming parts first time but always felt on the whisker's edge of failing.

Ferr986

Jupiter > Lunar. Makes combat better and that's the area where you need the most help.

Jupiter sucks against flying enemies which are the biggest pain in the ass. I think the best use for Jupiter is just flying around, ironically. Highest speed and all that.

D

Deleted member 518609

Unconfirmed Member
What did you do for the Gem grinding to power up Kat? Just mining?

Replayed mission 19 a bunch. Mining doesn't give you any where as much as you get from that.
Fortunately you can quit the mission halfway through and keep all the gems you collected as well.

LotusHD

Banned
Jupiter sucks against flying enemies which are the biggest pain in the ass. I think the best use for Jupiter is just flying around, ironically. Highest speed and all that.

Even then it's awkward at times where you don't have a lot of space, since you basically can't turn while you're in the mode.

Weiss

Banned
HOLY SHIT
SYD IS ALIAS WHAAAAAT

This game is bonkers. It is 300% bonkers.

Okay guess I'm done.

That was.

I mean.

Jesus. I have never played anything like this. I have so many questions.

Even then it's awkward at times where you don't have a lot of space, since you basically can't turn while you're in the mode.

Yeah, but it's good for moving between islands for example. Lunar High Jump -> switch to Jupiter and fall in desired direction was basically my main mode of transportation.

wapplew

HOLY SHIT
SYD IS ALIAS WHAAAAAT

Okay guess I'm done.

That was.

I mean.

Hey now, it's getting close to setting expection on story beat here. I know it's not spoiler but someone might prefer going in with no expectations.
Let's go to spoiler thread, we talk theories there.

Ferr986

Hey now, it's getting close to setting expection on story beat here. I know it's not spoiler but someone might prefer going in with no expectations.
Let's go to spoiler thread, we talk theories there.

Lol yea you guys keep scaring me.I'm now expecting some Yoko Taro crazyness at this rate.

HOLY SHIT

Okay guess I'm done.

That was.

I mean.

Seriously, people who haven't finished the game, don't click on this.

Did you play the first game? I'm not done with the game yet but I clicked on the spoilers anyway because I'm nearing the end. But there's quite a bit in the first game that point who Alias is.

Rektash

Only being able to play this for 2-3 hours every night after work makes me sad :(.

My initial impressions of the game were kinda mixed but by now I am enjoying this game a lot.

Also I might be the slowest player around the block. My save says I am at 20h game time and my next story mission is mission 8! To be fair though, I have beaten every sidequest and got gold on every challenge so far. I am also pretty positive I have bout 99% of all existing gems in the first city. Yep, I check every single building extensively!

Only being able to play this for 2-3 hours every night after work makes me sad :(.

My initial impressions of the game were kinda mixed but by now I am enjoying this game a lot.

Also I might be the slowest player around the block. My save says I am at 20h game time and my next story mission is mission 8! To be fair though, I have beaten every sidequest and got gold on every challenge so far. I am also pretty positive I have bout 99% of all existing gems in the first city. Yep, I check every single building extensively!

Same problem here, aaand I spend at least an hour of that on treasure hunts and online challenges now =/ I'm on mission 12 though, which means
I won't be able to resume online stuff until I wrap that up, at least.

Top Bottom