• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gravity Rush 2 |OT| Mewton's Law of Gravity

Mifune

Mehmber
Only being able to play this for 2-3 hours every night after work makes me sad :(.

My initial impressions of the game were kinda mixed but by now I am enjoying this game a lot.

Also I might be the slowest player around the block. My save says I am at 20h game time and my next story mission is mission 8! To be fair though, I have beaten every sidequest and got gold on every challenge so far. I am also pretty positive I have bout 99% of all existing gems in the first city. Yep, I check every single building extensively!

I'm where you are at 15 hours so glad to know I'm not totally alone.

I'm at episode 20 right now and I'm surprised at some posts saying that they're disappointed with the lack of rift planes. Pretty sure I've went through four so far: they're the levels with the stone tablets and the freaky giant hands (which are flowers in the first game).

I'm at episode 20 right now and I'm surprised at some posts saying that they're disappointed with the lack of rift planes. Pretty sure I've went through four so far: they're the levels with the stone tablets and the freaky giant hands (which are flowers in the first game).
I was thinking the same thing, and the most recent one looked awesome.

LotusHD

Banned

Thank you! I'm like, is this not essentially the same thing? Had no idea what people were talking about.

Seriously, people who haven't finished the game, don't click on this.

Did you play the first game? I'm not done with the game yet but I clicked on the spoilers anyway because I'm nearing the end. But there's quite a bit in the first game that point who Alias is.

I think quite some people guessed it, but still it plays out quite surprsingly. Syd being Alias is just one part if it

ClearData

I've just wrapped episode 4 and I can track down a large Nevi according to the game, but that'd be out of my league at this point, right? Should I come back later for it or do they not let me come back?

Are the later ones better than the first one? Because that one went on forever and wasn't all that exciting.

They're all kind of long, longer than in the first game. I think the second and fourth ones are pretty good and at least visually interesting. Third one is awful because of the camera.

Baalzebup

And done with the story! The game has been mostly excellent even up to that point, but after the post chapter 20 action really starts going down, that is some fucking stellar stuff. Just so damn good!

nbnt

is responsible for the well-being of this island.
32 hours in and I just unlocked the Work Clothes costume, lol.

Also, exploring the world in first person is so much fun! Granted, the mode is not practical for everything because you don't see Kat's hands/body, but still I really like it, great great addition.

Shoeless

I've now come to the conclusion that if you want to hunt down gems using the gem detector talisman, you should put on a decent set of headphones.

The beeps the gem detector gives off ARE directional, but it's much easier to track them down their specific direction with headphones on than it is relying on a surround sound set up. All the incoming noise through the different speakers makes it hard to pinpoint, but it's not an issue with headphones.

black070

The scope of the game honestly leaves my jaw hanging on multiple occasions, this honestly is the Uncharted -> Uncharted 2 equivalent for the series.

Caim

I've now come to the conclusion that if you want to hunt down gems using the gem detector talisman, you should put on a decent set of headphones.

The beeps the gem detector gives off ARE directional, but it's much easier to track them down their specific direction with headphones on than it is relying on a surround sound set up. All the incoming noise through the different speakers makes it hard to pinpoint, but it's not an issue with headphones.

The bottom of most islands usually hold a lot of 10 and 50 gems especially in Lei Havina.

black070

I'm a bit sad that Bestbuy didn't offer the OST for this in the Pre-Order. It's so freakin' good.

Speaking of the OST - does anyone know where to find it if you preordered digitally ? I've got the white Kat costume automatically installed but can't find the OST anywhere.

pixxxelz

I've just wrapped episode 4 and I can track down a large Nevi according to the game, but that'd be out of my league at this point, right? Should I come back later for it or do they not let me come back?
They're totally doable, just abuse stasis field and gravity slide.

Caim

Speaking of the OST - does anyone know where to find it if you preordered digitally ? I've got the white Kat costume automatically installed but can't find the OST anywhere.

It's a separate app so it might be towards the bottom of your library.

It's called Soundtrack: Gravity Rush 2 or something like that.

Unknown?

I just got to the part with Jupiter powers and beat it. I thought I'd like Lunar better hands down but I really like Jupiter. Also switching between all three in a fight makes it so much better than just using only one.

Baalzebup

Can you initiate your own online treasure hunt? or can you only take a picture once you've found someone else's.
You can, if you can find one of those treasure chests. I've found a total of 4 outside of the hunts, which still naturally form the vast majority of the ones that I've gotten.

Shin-Ra

Can you initiate your own online treasure hunt? or can you only take a picture once you've found someone else's.
I found an Apple Chest in the Auldnoir church green without manually starting a treasure hunt but if you're in the right place the online ones might just load in seamlessly?

finally got to chapter 3, and I absolutely knew
you'd be spending some time in Heksville again (I mean the game spends enough time mentioning it there's no way you wouldn't)
, but I still wasn't prepared for how much more game there is in here.

It hit me when I got the tutorial screen on fusing talismans.

Zaventem

Desperate to play but my copy is still being shipped all the way from china lmao. I feel like i won't get it until next month ;_;

Milijango

Does anyone bother with stealth for the Time Limit Grabs? Kat seems impervious to small arms fire and you need those time extensions.

XaosWolf

Finally got round to getting this. =D

Quick impressions:
Kat is still great, slow start, Gravity Slide sucks, camera still a menace, Lunar jumping turns the game into Crackdown.

Can't wait to dig further into the story missions as I know stuff is gonna get crazy.
Waiting for the obvious "reveal" that I figured out ages ago:
Syd is Alias

LotusHD

Banned
Did you feel you've kept up with the story despite not playing the first? I am asking because I am on the fence on to which to get.

You want to know if you should get the first or second game? There's a full walkthrough on Youtube, and hell, there's a great 4 min. recap in the OT of this thread.

Top Bottom