• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gravity Rush 2 |OT| Mewton's Law of Gravity

I-hate-u

But I read posts here that here that the first game had some answered questions, so it felt to me that you need to play the first to get the story of this.

george_us

The stealth missions in this game are absolutely awful. Just an exercise in continual trial and error. I'm on the
Grigo
and I just want to throw my PS4 out of a window. Why these games have such a problem creating compelling missions is beyond me.

Maybe someone else has had this issue. I just got a PS4 pro. I have my save in the cloud. Installed the game and downloaded my save file to local. However every time I start the game it acts like I am starting a new game. I wait for the initial cutscene go to load and the game goes to black and sits there. I can't seem to figure out what to do so that I do not have to start over. I have my save!

If anyone has any ideas that would help please let me know!

McFadge

Finally making a dent into the Delvool Mining Trench. The 5th layer had some new counterpoint melody to the usual bgm.

Think I'm on 14 now; jumped out because I had racked up a lot of talismans and didn't want to lose them. But... I haven't really used them to much benefit so far anyway. I might just try going all the way and disregarding them.

george_us

I'm gonna say it: The last half of this game is fucking terrible. Especially this
Kali and Durga
fight. Game really needs to be half as long as what we got. So much emphasis on useless filler missions and plot lines no one gives a shit about.

I for one greatly enjoyed the first game, enough to platinum it twice over (on both Vita and PS4). I wouldn't recommend skipping it unless it really, really didn't click with you for some reason.

Found a game-ending bug in story mission 12: there's a wall you're supposed to double-surge kick to trigger a story event, but turns out the wall can also be destroyed by a charged pitch. If you do that, it breaks open the wall without triggering the event and you get a doorway to out of map bounds. Have to close the application and continue to move on.

I'm gonna say it: The last half of this game is fucking terrible. Especially this
Kali and Durga
fight. Game really needs to be half as long as what we got. So much emphasis on useless filler missions and plot lines no one gives a shit about.

I've seen nothing but praise for the last half. Haven't gotten there myself. Whats so bad about it?

Baalzebup

Kali and Durga
opinionated.gif
I loved the second half, that fight included. Overall, your whole post is like the total opposite of my opinion. It's too bad you don't like it, but saying "no one gives a shit about" is making a rather grand assumption even if it is a hyperbole.

Kali and Durga

You're definitely in the minority on this one, I think. GR2 has been far better than I expected. Just wrapped up episode 20 earlier today.
Looking forward to (what I guess would be) the post-game missions

tdwig

Neo Member
Kali and Durga

I agree with everyone else, loved the second half. The side missions include some of my favorite parts of the game. Filled with charm and helps bring character to world and people you meet on Kat's adventure.

Kali and Durga

That's nuts. The first half has plot lines no one cares about. The second half gets into the OVA storyline and continues the first game's plot.

ALL the plot lines in the game are charming as hell and important. Maybe the biggest non-gameplay improvement is that feeling that you can relax and really swim in Gravity Rush 2's world. There are so many personalities from the core cast to the supporting characters, and a lot of the errands you run shine a new light on what's happening economically and politically. They went all out, and it no longer feels like you're racing against some invisible timer that has to keep missions and side mission strings short because it's a handheld game.

jwk94

Up to chapter 13 now. Chapter 11 was mind blowing. Chapter 12 was the worst I've seen out of this series. The end cutscene was good though.

Is the opening supposed to start the way it does or am I missing something? I played and platinumed GR1 but feel like I missed something along the way.

LotusHD

Banned
Will I be good without? I certainly didn't mind it so far but I'll watch it if it's necessary.

I mean, I'm not yet far enough in the game to see it connect back to what the anime showed, but like, you might as well be completely hip to what's going, right? It's only about 20min. after all.

Milijango

Gold challenge times/scores have been ridiculously generous. Not that I'm complaining, mind you.

Doing them as I go in case platinum fever strikes.

XaosWolf

While it didn't take too long, I still want to throw Zoey, her disc and the little girl off the cliff.

Why does it keep "under-arming" the throws randomly?

Is the opening supposed to start the way it does or am I missing something? I played and platinumed GR1 but feel like I missed something along the way.

The game uses the 'throw you in to the middle of things and then explain things later' style of storytelling quite a bit. The brief anime will tell you how things went between games, but it's basically just "There was a Gravity Storm, the end" :p

The game uses the 'throw you in to the middle of things and then explain things later' style of storytelling quite a bit. The brief anime will tell you how things went between games, but it's basically just "There was a Gravity Storm, the end" :p

Honestly don't mind so long as it's done well. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something in between (which sometimes is the case).

I actually really like the opening of this game. Completely caught me off guard. You can immediately tell it's not a Vita game.

XaosWolf

Beats me, but as soon as I understood I had to aim higher, it was smooth sailing for me lol

It doesn't just happen with the disc either. Throwing crates can get them smashed on a railing they were hovering way above a second before. =(

Also had the disc land in the zone on the steps and it just didn't count. Fuck you, Zoey.

Lol, is this the dog quest? it wasn't too bad. It reminded me of that goat quest from Witcher 3.

The most tedious part is the "Guess she can't hear me from this far" when you're like 20 feet away.

That and she's SO SLOW investigating. Massive delay between her animations.

That dog quest is another victim of poorly explained tooltips, I think. The game tells you to call her to various places, and Kat keeps suggesting that maybe she can't hear you from there, but the reality of it is that the dog basically does her own thing completely and you're better off just waiting. I spent the first ten minutes calling her around, not realising I wasn't getting anything done because you're suppose to wait for her to find something on her own, go through a sniffing animation and then start barking.

I don't know what the "Guess she can't hear me from this far away" thing is, either, because I'm pretty sure the dog can hear you from anywhere but is just slow to respond. It's just bad explanatory text making it seem much more difficult than it actually is.

I love how every mission evolves into something unexpected, like
i was helping a snob person to deliver some invites to a party, and then i suddenly have to save a part of a city from being destroied because the rich person wanted to build a park and out of nowhere appears raven and we discover that now she seems evil.
Lol

Maybe someone else has had this issue. I just got a PS4 pro. I have my save in the cloud. Installed the game and downloaded my save file to local. However every time I start the game it acts like I am starting a new game. I wait for the initial cutscene go to load and the game goes to black and sits there. I can't seem to figure out what to do so that I do not have to start over. I have my save!

If anyone has any ideas that would help please let me know!

Quoting myself.

Can someone confirm their saves looks like this? I've been trying to play for 2 hours, but the game just keeps starting over with no option to select my old save!!

oHTR2Ue.jpg

FUCK BATTLE NURSE

That is all.

If you need any help with timing the rolls, just rapidly mash R2.

While it didn't take too long, I still want to throw Zoey, her disc and the little girl off the cliff.

Why does it keep "under-arming" the throws randomly?

You can find Zoey at the mansion after finishing the side mission and after you reloaded the area. She's a regular NPC and subject to your gravity powers. Go nuts.

Milijango

That dog quest is another victim of poorly explained tooltips, I think. The game tells you to call her to various places, and Kat keeps suggesting that maybe she can't hear you from there, but the reality of it is that the dog basically does her own thing completely and you're better off just waiting. I spent the first ten minutes calling her around, not realising I wasn't getting anything done because you're suppose to wait for her to find something on her own, go through a sniffing animation and then start barking.

I don't know what the "Guess she can't hear me from this far away" thing is, either, because I'm pretty sure the dog can hear you from anywhere but is just slow to respond. It's just bad explanatory text making it seem much more difficult than it actually is.

The dog comes from the Trico school of AI design I see.

If you need any help with timing the rolls, just rapidly mash R2.

I managed to do it, but I yelled at my TV a lot. It doesn't help that at least once, I landed the final roll only for the director to be like "fuck you do it again."

The dog comes from the Trico school of AI design I see.

I haven't even played The Last Guardian yet, but as soon as I figured the dog might be like Trico, the mission went a lot smoother. Or at least, it stopped me from getting frustrated at Zoey.

I managed to do it, but I yelled at my TV a lot. It doesn't help that at least once, I landed the final roll only for the director to be like "fuck you do it again."

I feel your pain pal. Though personally the worst part for me was after the first roll he wants you to jump off onto a lower level, but the subtitles say you have to find an area without a fence to jump off of. The thing is, you're swarmed with enemies you can't fight after the first roll and you wouldn't know you need to pay attention to the subtitles.

Future Battle Nurses aren't as bad as the first one.

But I read posts here that here that the first game had some answered questions, so it felt to me that you need to play the first to get the story of this.

I didn't play the original, just saw the recap. I'm having a great time with the game and story, yeah you don't get the "origins" treatment but's ok, even if you are missing how everything started you'll understand the plot and relate to the characters real quick.

burgerdog

Any idea why my gravity typhoon lasts one second? It lasted like 5+ in the tutorial section of lunar style. Can't figure out why it's so short and I have powered up the skill a bit.

Baalzebup

Any idea why my gravity typhoon lasts one second? It lasted like 5+ in the tutorial section of lunar style. Can't figure out why it's so short and I have powered up the skill a bit.
You sure you aren't cancelling it yourself by trying to do a kick, dodge or a gravity shift? Or just plain getting hit? The Typhoon is easily the most finicky of the super moves. I've fucked it up one way or another way too many times myself.

D

Deleted member 518609

Unconfirmed Member
Went back and played a bit of Remastered and holy shit did I take the visuals in GR2 for granted.
The differences are like night and day - it looks fucking fantastic.
And of course it controls miles better too.
Made a gallery with some comparison screenshots between the two for fun as well.
GR2 Location spoilers: http://imgur.com/a/oo4Ym

chrono01

I don't want to comb through this thread since I'm afraid of spoilers. It might have already been answered, so apologies if this has already been asked.

I pre-ordered the game at Amazon.ca and received the DLC code for the soundtrack and White Cat costume. I redeemed it yesterday but I noticed the costume didn't add itself to my download list (I can't see it under notifications). The soundtrack also failed to download (I tried many times), but today it managed to download/install. I still don't see any mention of the costume though, and Gravity Rush 2 isn't listed under my Saved Data Utility, despite me supposedly having the costume installed. I navigated to the Gravity Rush 2 store page, went to add-on's and it's listed there, but the arrow is greyed out (can't download it). It says it's installed, but I see no mention of it anywhere in either my Notification section or Saved Data.

Is this one of those things where the costume will only show up when I put the game in for the first time? I won't know until tomorrow, as that's when the game is scheduled for delivery, so if anyone who pre-ordered can tell me how the costume was installed (either right away or when the game was inserted), it'd be appreciated.

I don't want to comb through this thread since I'm afraid of spoilers. It might have already been answered, so apologies if this has already been asked.

I pre-ordered the game at Amazon.ca and received the DLC code for the soundtrack and White Cat costume. I redeemed it yesterday but I noticed the costume didn't add itself to my download list (I can't see it under notifications). The soundtrack also failed to download (I tried many times), but today it managed to download/install. I still don't see any mention of the costume though, and Gravity Rush 2 isn't listed under my Saved Data Utility, despite me supposedly having the costume installed. I navigated to the Gravity Rush 2 store page, went to add-on's and it's listed there, but the arrow is greyed out (can't download it). It says it's installed, but I see no mention of it anywhere in either my Notification section or Saved Data.

Is this one of those things where the costume will only show up when I put the game in for the first time? I won't know until tomorrow, as that's when the game is scheduled for delivery, so if anyone who pre-ordered can tell me how the costume was installed (either right away or when the game was inserted), it'd be appreciated.
I didn't download the white costume either. It just popped up when I got to a certain point in the game.

LotusHD

Banned

Uhh, well I had the game in already, but it installed pretty much immediately. You won't see the costume until you obtain your camera in-game though.

Top Bottom