• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gravity Rush 2 |OT| Mewton's Law of Gravity

chrono01

『Inaba Resident』;229049417 said:
I didn't download the white costume either. It just popped up when I got to a certain point in the game.

Uhh, well I had the game in already, but it installed pretty much immediately. You won't see the costume until you obtain your camera in-game though.
Oh, so it's a time-unlocked thing, huh? Thanks, I won't worry about it then. :)

LotusHD

Banned
God damn it, the author of this makes me want to believe:

Nier event coming soon.

Present as guests will also be Gravity Rush 2 Director Keiichiro Toyama

Incidentally, but this is just personal speculation, the presence of Toyama-san is interesting. Could this actually become a thing?

C2TIydMVIAQeDSW.jpg

MikeDown

Banned
Speaking of the OST - does anyone know where to find it if you preordered digitally ? I've got the white Kat costume automatically installed but can't find the OST anywhere.
Most of it is on youtube if your interested. Have been listening to this relatively spoiler free playlist.

Also just finished episode 7 and am really excited to see where the story goes :D I also love the side missions, they often take a weird turn into something unexpected. My favorite has to be where you are
hunting down the aspiring writer.

God damn it, the author of this makes me want to believe:

Nier event coming soon.
Have never played a Nier game before this one, very excited. Hopefully we hear something about a PC release date!

Currently on Mission 16, and while I like it, I can't help but feel the game is not as good as I was hoping it'd be. One problem that keeps coming up for me is the camera, which just gets stuck in places at times (really was a pain during Mission 11/12.) The side missions have slowly been getting better and better as the game goes on though, which I like. Currently at like 9 hrs playtime.

Strings

Finished Mission 20! HO-LYYYY SHIT DUDE. That was absolute balls to the walls crazy. Final Chapter time!

Yeah dude, fucking insane. I'm actually incredibly surprised they had the balls to go there, but I'm so glad they did. Whole thing really hits you on a visceral level.

Wagram

Is there any point what-so-ever to the
Delvool Mining Trench
area? It has a trophy, but is there a reason to do it beyond this. A boss, anything?

Baalzebup

I just had the easiest treasure hunt yet lmao take a look!
Hah, nice and easy indeed. You should see the one I initiated an hour or two ago. Know that big ass ship in the North-East corner of Lei Colmosna? There was an apple-chest right smack in the middle of the deck in plain sight. If someone fails to find it via my hint-picture, they must really not have a good time with the treasure hunts in general.
Is there any point what-so-ever to the
Delvool Mining Trench
area? It has a trophy, but is there a reason to do it beyond this. A boss, anything?
Ass-load of Talismans. I made it to floor 11 before I had to retreat and got 41 talismans out of it. The gem output is very disappointing, as I noted no rate of improvement even there on the 11th "floor." The 10th one was the same scythe-boss that you meet in the mining areas when you get that special notification about a giant Nevi. There are some interesting challenges to the floor advancements though, so that might be a point of interest. The most notable one so far was to take a total of 5 pictures each featuring a different species of Nevi and Kat has to be on each picture as well. It was fun in a very hectic kind of way.

Strings

Hah, nice and easy indeed. You should see the one I initiated an hour or two ago. Know that big ass ship in the North-East corner of Lei Colmosna? There was an apple-chest right smack in the middle of the deck in plain sight. If someone fails to find it via my hint-picture, they must really not have a good time with the treasure hunts in general.

I literally spawned next to one. Like, the prompt to open it was already on-screen when I loaded in. Was confusing AF.

Kindekuma

Banned
WAIT. So everything until Chapter IV
is only 53% of the game?! The last 47% of the story is in the final chapter?
Nuts, man. Nuts.

LotusHD

Banned
Lol I've seen multiple posts of people complaining about Mission
14's stealth mission
, and yet ironically that was the easiest one yet for me.
Did it on my first try, just went underneath the buildings lol

Dominator

I'm 25 hours in, just hit Episode 15, and I'm feeling fatigued. I'm going to power through to the end and do all of the side-missions, but I think I'm going to save the challenge missions for later on. I'll definitely need a break.

This game is definitely great aside from some choice missions (whether they be main or side), but its a little too long for whats on offer.

Alucrid

Banned
WAIT. So everything until Chapter IV
is only 53% of the game?! The last 47% of the story is in the final chapter?
Nuts, man. Nuts.

that takes into account side stories. so if you haven't done some you'll have a lower percentage. it's not that big of a chunk

AwShucks

I'm 25 hours in, just hit Chapter 15, and I'm feeling fatigued. I'm going to power through to the end and do all of the side-missions, but I think I'm going to save the challenge missions for later on. I'll definitely need a break.

This game is definitely great aside from some choice missions (whether they be main or side), but its a little too long for whats on offer.

Do you mean episode 15? Otherwise I'm barely into the game.

AwShucks

Anyways, for what I really came here for. The world is huge! I feel like there is no way there will be enough story missions to take you all around.

The "Come one, come all" sidequest is the epitome of Asshole Kat so far lol

Kat is truly the meanest and most assholish of all of Sony's mascots lol. And unlike say, GTA, no one dares to punish her for her crimes against humanity, everyone rightfully fears her and bows down to the Gravity QUEEN. I mean, not even Nate and Kratos would go as far as to killing children.

Was that the one where the storekeeper more or less instructs Kat to
forcibly re-locate people
to stand in line to the store?

Yup.

LotusHD

Banned
Kat is truly the meanest and most assholish of all of Sony's mascots lol. And unlike say, GTA, no one dares to punish her for her crimes against humanity, everyone rightfully fears her and bows down to the Gravity QUEEN. I mean, not even Nate and Kratos would go as far as to killing children.

I wouldn't say mean, but yea, just seemingly naive as fuck to how chaotic her powers are lmao

I'm surprised it rarely gets brought up how realistically everyone should be afraid of her showing up.

Hell, not too long after I did that sidequest, I did another one where she used her stasis field on a guy that was scared of heights in order for him to assist her, basically telling him to get over it lmao, and that him shrieking in terror was starting to make her feel bad.

Oh Kat, we love you, but what shall we do with you...

Was that the one where the storekeeper more or less instructs Kat to
forcibly re-locate people
to stand in line to the store?

Yep. Good times indeed, I laughed my ass off.

She got some karma later on though another sidequest
with the police training, where she encountered a few exploding boxes lol.

---

So yea, did a couple more amazing sidequests today, as well as challenge missions, and as a result, I've barely progressed with the story today it seems.

Ah well, there's always tomorrow lol

So in the nurse quests Kat says she'll call her
lawyers
. Now this is a plotline I would like to see lol

Lol she knows damn well that she can't afford that.

wapplew

What if they aren't human?

black070

Hekseville sure is beautiful, it gives me a sense of nostalgia going through it again and realising I remember the map a lot more then I thought. It also helps that the gem placements are the exact same. :')

So those "stack all this lady's furniture in the airboat" missions are another mission type that can seem utterly enraging at first, but are actually fairly simple once you get the hang of them. It took me like ten tries to work out what exactly the game wanted me to do, but eventually I figured out the secret is to stand in the airboat with whatever furniture your're carrying. I was hovering above it, but things in your Stasis Field swing around so crazily when you're in the air that you have no idea where they're going to land. Once you reset gravity and just stand in the back you have far more control over where to drop the furniture.

Finally unlocked Lunar Style. Just that drastically changes the feel of the game, and I'm really excited to get Jupiter, since that was my favorite during the demo.

Does anyone else think the style-switch sounds are reminiscent of a Kamen Rider henshin belt(like Fourze's switches)? As a game that lets you pretty much be a Kamen Rider/Magical Girl, I just can't get that thought out of my head.

Strings

Man, the drunk dad side-quest was super depressing.

Finally unlocked Lunar Style. Just that drastically changes the feel of the game, and I'm really excited to get Jupiter, since that was my favorite during the demo.

Does anyone else think the style-switch sounds are reminiscent of a Kamen Rider henshin belt(like Fourze's switches)? As a game that lets you pretty much be a Kamen Rider/Magical Girl, I just can't get that thought out of my head.

I'm 100% sure this is intentional. There are a couple of lovably corny sentai / superhero / magical girl references throughout that had me grinning like crazy.

wapplew

Toyama mention Kamen Rider and Sailor moon influences no less.

I just wish I could work out what the voice inside my controller is saying. I can make out "Jupiter" pretty well, but I have no idea what he says for normal and Lunar :p

Milijango

Is it meant to be a robot voice?

But yeah, Lunar mode is awesome. Rocket jumping everywhere from now on.

LotusHD

Banned
I just wish I could work out what the voice inside my controller is saying. I can make out "Jupiter" pretty well, but I have no idea what he says for normal and Lunar :p

Well you have to remember that the entire game utilizes a fake language, so that's probably why you have no idea what it's saying. I eventually realized this
today.

Oh, I forgot to mention it cause I was so caught up in late episode hype, but the cross-examination side-quest > LA Noire.

That was the last sidequest I did today, the answer was obvious from the start lol

And on a side-note, I really appreciate that each sidequest has unique cutscenes for each one. It's stuff like that that really shows you how much the developers loved making this game.

Karu

The Rendevouz quest where you have to - for whatever fucking reason - walk slowly through the doves to the daughter of that rich fuck, is abysmal. Just wanna quit the game and play something else.

Why...

Top Bottom