• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gravity Rush 2 |OT| Mewton's Law of Gravity

black070

The Rendevouz quest where you have to - for whatever fucking reason - walk slowly through the doves to the daughter of that rich fuck, is abysmal. Just wanna quit the game and play something else.

Why...

All in all it takes like 15-20 seconds to get to her. Drop down the right, walk around the birds and hide behind the statues everytime she says 'Hmm' and turns around.

LotusHD

Banned
The Rendevouz quest where you have to - for whatever fucking reason - walk slowly through the doves to the daughter of that rich fuck, is abysmal. Just wanna quit the game and play something else.

Why...

Why indeed? Didn't find it that bad myself.

EDIT: What the post above me said.

Sometimes I can't tell if you guys are failing some of these sidequests so many times that you figure you may as well vent about it/ask for advice, or you just like to let us know what's going on in general regardless of whether or not you're frustrated lol

The problem with the sidequest is that if you're like me, you may think you can't go through the steps in the middle at all, and end up approaching her from either side of the steps, which fail the mission instantly. It could have been phrased much better.

Karu

The problem with these missions that are not really build around the core gameplay of GR2 is - at least that is what I found - the readability of such mission can be rather complicated. After 4 minutes and ten tries I did the mission successfully and the solution is indeed "easy", but to get there it took me way to long. I might be the stupid exception here, but this is unnecessary BLAH gameplay for the sake of variety. That's my humble opinion at least. :D

Started a treasure hunt and it is all black and doesn't go forward. Weirdly, I am able to push pause, but it only show "Continue". The game is testing my nerves really hard right now... Edit: Probably connection issues, it loads right now. Geez, good good.... :D

ironmang

I don't know why this game has so many stealth missions. They're not difficult, just annoying and feel out of place in a game like this.

SxP

I don't know why this game has so many stealth missions. They're not difficult, just annoying and feel out of place in a game like this.

And then you fail the mission with 38/40 boxes and you have to do it all over again. So tedious.

Ferr986

The problem with the sidequest is that if you're like me, you may think you can't go through the steps in the middle at all, and end up approaching her from either side of the steps, which fail the mission instantly. It could have been phrased much better.

lol that was me. "Stairs are full of birds, better to go from the sides" and then the girl was like "lol nope".

Welp, can't even play the game.

Get a corrupted data error when it tries to make a system save right on the black 'Sony Interactive Entertainment presents' screen.

Deleted it, restarted console and tried again and same thing. Never happened before.
Gives me error code CE-33116-4.

Edit: Going to make a thread instead to try and sort it out.

Karu

Mission 12 on paper is the most amazing of them all.

Mission 12 in practice, though, is that special kind of hyper-clusterfuck. And by special I mean awful. :D

Mission 12, or how to not use gravity shift
indoors
type of level. The camera doesn't seem to handle
closed space
correctly because as soon as you try to shift to a wall, the camera try to adapt. but collide with another wall and starts to spin like crazy lol

McFadge

Is there any point what-so-ever to the
Delvool Mining Trench
area? It has a trophy, but is there a reason to do it beyond this. A boss, anything?

Ass-load of Talismans. I made it to floor 11 before I had to retreat and got 41 talismans out of it. The gem output is very disappointing, as I noted no rate of improvement even there on the 11th "floor." The 10th one was the same scythe-boss that you meet in the mining areas when you get that special notification about a giant Nevi. There are some interesting challenges to the floor advancements though, so that might be a point of interest. The most notable one so far was to take a total of 5 pictures each featuring a different species of Nevi and Kat has to be on each picture as well. It was fun in a very hectic kind of way.

You also get a special talisman at level 10 called "The Second Step" or something, I believe. I wouldn't be surprised if there's a boss every 10 floors. You do get lots of talismans from it, and I've been getting handfuls of gems, maybe ~1000+ each run, but it seems replaying missions is a faster method. I'm interested to see what's in the later levels of it though!

I also beat a rare Nevi, one of the fast flyers, and goddamn did that thing take some hits! It also teleports and did about half my health in damage with a single hit (better than all my health from the last one I met!). It dropped a "Shiny" ore, which I don't think I've seen before. However, I don't know what it contained since I didn't receive anything that had new skills or looked that special, was a bit let down by that.

Welp, can't even play the game.

Get a corrupted data error when it tries to make a system save right on the black 'Sony Interactive Entertainment presents' screen.

Deleted it, restarted console and tried again and same thing. Never happened before.
Gives me error code CE-33116-4.

Edit: Going to make a thread instead to try and sort it out.

This game has so many save issues. I've gotten 4 different ones now. Can't even play the game anymore.

george_us

That's nuts. The first half has plot lines no one cares about. The second half gets into the OVA storyline and continues the first game's plot.
Huh. I never got a chance to watch the OVA so maybe that's contributing to all of my negative feelings.
ALL the plot lines in the game are charming as hell and important. Maybe the biggest non-gameplay improvement is that feeling that you can relax and really swim in Gravity Rush 2's world. There are so many personalities from the core cast to the supporting characters, and a lot of the errands you run shine a new light on what's happening economically and politically. They went all out, and it no longer feels like you're racing against some invisible timer that has to keep missions and side mission strings short because it's a handheld game.
I guess that's where my hang up is: I don't really find many of the characters all that charming or compelling. Vogo and Lisa were probably my favorite side characters. The rest either don't feel all that fleshed out or just weren't interesting to me.

As to your point about the politics and economics of the world, that's the stuff that I find the least interesting in the GR games. Unlike say, the Witcher 3, the politics and economical issues in GR feel rather basic in comparison and just made me wish the story missions had far more emphasis on the larger mystery at hand. I feel like there was just so much stuff that the game either just glosses over straight up doesn't explain, and it just didn't really make for a satisfying experience for me. Questions I have like:
Just what exactly are Kali and Durga? What's an Angel core? Why the hell does she mutate into something straight out of a Drakengard game? What exactly is Elektricitie? She seemed to be of a completely different race from the rest of the inhabitants of the world. Cai hints that sending Elektricitie would ward off the Darkness but how? Did the Darkness trick him like he tried to trick Kat? Why does the world consist of a single large pillar and some floating towns? What's the nature of the Creators? Who actually governs the Creators? They hint towards the end that they've broken various rules. What are the Nevi exactly? Are they just a native species to the world and that's it?
Maybe these questions aren't really important in the grand scheme or the answers were hinted at and I just completely missed it.

MikeDown

Banned
Also stupid question, anyway to access my pictures on the internet so I can share them?
EDIT: Nevermind, I just need those Dusty tokens tho

LordPusha

Umm I`m getting this strange *beep* sound in a lot of places? Is treasure around somewhere? Why can`t i turn it off its literally everywhere I`m going, ruining my experience, can't stand it

/rant

LotusHD

Banned
It was a pretty cool set piece in concept, but the camera is horrifyingly awful during it.

Agreed. That was the definitive moment when I realized why nearly every review complained about the camera. Not that it didn't have issues before, but I'm going to assume that was the most prominent example lol

black070

It's very good, don't get me wrong. It's just the camera's fault in tight space that tested my patience.
It was a pretty cool set piece in concept, but the camera is horrifyingly awful during it.
Agreed. That was the definitive moment when I realized why nearly every review complained about the camera. Not that it didn't have issues before, but I'm going to assume that was the most prominent example lol

Looks like I got off easy :p

maouvin

Umm I`m getting this strange *beep* sound in a lot of places? Is treasure around somewhere? Why can`t i turn it off its literally everywhere I`m going, ruining my experience, can't stand it

/rant

Are you using that relic that beeps when there's gems nearby?
(Never used it but that's what I understood from the effect description)

Number45

Haha, I had that drop and thought it would be useful. It's literally the most annoying constant noise I can remember from a game. It's even WORSE because if I can hear it beep I'm going to spend whatever time is necessary to find every last gem in the vicinity.

Turned it off after about 20 minutes of torture.

Still pretty early in the game, and haven't done many challenges. Some of the treasure hunts have taken me forever (not always the fault of the picture either, sometime the chest is just in a shitty position) and I did try a challenge from someone but they kicked my ass completely in delivering letters! Figured I'd spend my time getting through the game and side missions to unlock powers and gather new talismans before coming back to the challenges.

Are the raw materials you get when mining used for anything? Have had a few drop but haven't seen anything obvious that I can do with them.

So... Mission 14
(Carefree Gentleman)

I can't get to the train station, Dusty keeps resetting me back to the start point before I can get within 100y of the place.

Why is this happening?

Sometimes I can't tell if you guys are failing some of these sidequests so many times that you figure you may as well vent about it/ask for advice, or you just like to let us know what's going on in general regardless of whether or not you're frustrated lol

The only one that really annoyed me was the one where you had to
prevent what's-his-face from getting into any of the bars

notaskwid

This Behind the Scenes I challenge is giving me a fucking headache.

1, you're telling there's more of this shit?
I really dislike the whole idol scene, this is not helping.
I guess I'll just move on from now.

JakR

Somehow my progress is really slow, but finally got the lhnar style and it is amazing.

It feels like a mix of Superman meets Hulk but with a supersoft feeling.

Kensuke

Heard from a friend that if you buy a skill deeper into the tree you also get the skills that you hadn't bought in that tree for no extra cost. Is this true? Can't test it right now.

Baalzebup

Heard from a friend that if you buy a skill deeper into the tree you also get the skills that you hadn't bought in that tree for no extra cost. Is this true? Can't test it right now.
No, that is nonsense. The costs for each skill down the line are additive. Buy one, and the next in line gets that much "cheaper" as the first ones price isn't included in the calculation anymore. Going to the end of any upgrade line will simply give you the end sum you have to pour into that line of upgrades to max it out.

Kensuke

No, that is nonsense. The costs for each skill down the line are additive. Buy one, and the next in line gets that much "cheaper" as the first ones price isn't included in the calculation anymore. Going to the end of any upgrade line will simply give you the end sum you have to pour into that line of upgrades to max it out.

Makes sense, thanks for clearing that up.

benzopil

Mission where you learn Jupiter style... Damn son. Some Michael Bay shit right here.

Such an amazing game. I forgive devs for all stealth missions after this.

Baalzebup

Now trying to open up the delvool (spelled?) mining area. Have no clue how to do it.
Going by what I've observed, you have to do a certain sidequest to the Storm Explorer and then just check on the mining sites now and then until you get an area with a Gravity storm. And don't confuse the gravity storms with the anomalous gravity events which equal that scythe-armed giant Nevi. They are different events.

The (seeming) randomness of the access is kind of frustrating.
Finally got the game today (amazon screwed up)!! So if I understand correctly (and don't give a f about trophies) I just steer clear of the side missions, right? :)
Hell naw. There is a whole wealth of comedy gold to be mined in those, they flesh out the world Kat inhabits and outline Kats personality.

Oneself

Finally got the game today (amazon screwed up)!! So if I understand correctly (and don't give a f about trophies) I just steer clear of the side missions, right? :)

black070

Nah, the side missions do a lot of world building and have some great character interactions, and there's an incredible amount of variety between them - I'd say worst case scenario, just abandon any you find tedious.

You'll be missing out on a lot of nice character moments, photo items, talismans, and powerups if you do.

I finished it. Fantastic game. Great additions to the world and cast. I was a bit underwhelmed by the ending sequence though in the same way of the original. It comes off like the developers really wanted to make a 3 but knew it wasn't going to happen so shoved what they could into final chapter.

I think I prefer the original. It was more consistent in its greatness, though Gravity Rush 2 has its fair share of spectacular moments. Not enough Dusty! cannot be stressed enough.

Top Bottom