• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gravity Rush 2 |OT| Mewton's Law of Gravity

Um am I alone in favoring the first person view for walking around tight area like in the towns? Was a revelation when I accidentally hit the button for it.

Milijango

Any tips on where to farm truckloads of gems? Those last upgrades require tons of them.

Someone mentioned a while back that they just replayed Mission 19 to max out the skills.

Um am I alone in favoring the first person view for walking around tight area like in the towns? Was a revelation when I accidentally hit the button for it.

I haven't used it much but I enjoy that you can use pretty much any ability in first person. Gravity Rush 2 VR? That's probably lethal.

mcfizzle4

I just did Mission 6, I think, and threw a cat off an island as I jumped to gravity shift. Maybe Dusty can do something about that.

cftrooper

I'm really really struggling with this
mutated Kali
boss battle. I don't know if I'm missing something other than hit the
eyes
but yeah. Not too fun

Edit: Never mind I guess I was just tired. lol

Baalzebup

I just did Mission 6, I think, and threw a cat off an island as I jumped to gravity shift. Maybe Dusty can do something about that.
Once I accidentally fluing a white chihuahua from one of the mansion islands to the central garden island in Lei Havina. I wanted to know what kind of unfortunate lifeform I had snagged along the ride this time around and managed to follow its trajectory. I even took a picture of the pooch once it stopped running. I'll have to move my pictures to imgur at some point so I can share some in the photo OT.
Is there a point where you can't do sidequests anymore? I'm wondering if any of them are time-limited or anything.
Nothing is actually missable, though there are times you might temporarily lose access to the side stuff for a while.

Shin-Ra

I did all the ring checkpoint challenges and bird races in first person, it makes it easier to precisely gyro-aim at the next checkpoint, boost and prepare for the next direction change.

black070

I hope people realise that the story isn't over once the credits roll..

I believe you have to do a particular side mission to initiate further story missions to attain the true ending, though I'm not exactly sure which one it is.

N° 2048

Super fun, living up to all expectations so far. The start was a bit slow for me but it opens up once you get to the city.

Beautiful game.

Do side quests get locked out after a certain main mission or after you beat the game?

Milijango

Super fun, living up to all expectations so far. The start was a bit slow for me but it opens up once you get to the city.

Beautiful game.

Do side quests get locked out after a certain main mission or after you beat the game?

Side quests aren't missable (nor are any other events).

FUCK YOU ZOEY I HOPE YOU CHOKE ON YOUR FUCKING BONE

...I mean, the writing saves a lot but holy shit some of these sidequests are like a worst-of collection of what not to do in a game.

TP

Is the white pre order costume locked somehow?

It's not showing up in costume select even after a reload

wouwie

So far i have mixed feelings about the game but i feel like it's getting better and better. I just unlocked lunar style and i'm enjoying that particular mission quite a lot. Does anyone know the title of that awesome piano tune playing in that mission (episode 9)?

Milijango

So far i have mixed feelings about the game but i feel like it's getting better and better. I just unlocked lunar style and i'm enjoying that particular mission quite a lot. Does anyone know the title of that awesome piano tune playing in that mission (episode 9)?

The full soundtrack doesn't release until 22 Feb. The track might be on the composer's choice album that came with pre-orders, but someone else will have to check.

Baalzebup

Lol, I just got destroyed in the challenges FCB-Kratos sent out. I won exactly one of them, lost 9. I wasn't expecting much, but that still stings a bit. :D

Finally unlocked Lunar style. Pretty dope.

nzjoOmJ.gif

w62ni6j.gif

nbnt

is responsible for the well-being of this island.
Fuck, man. I just finished the game. Why did it to have end?

I loved it. Game has some rough parts here and there, the combat could've been better and I think the game would've benefited greatly from a lock-on, but the overall experience is really something else. Best open world setting? Check. Best traversal system? Check. Best jolly vibes? Check.

By far my favorite PS4 exclusive and will likely be my GOTY, I can only see Nier competing with it for me.

I'm at work right now, and skimmed through the first post really quick. Maybe i missed it, but is this an RPG? I have never played the first one, but the gif of that character flying around looks pretty neat. i'm just curious about the gameplay.

thanks

Shoeless

I'm at work right now, and skimmed through the first post really quick. Maybe i missed it, but is this an RPG? I have never played the first one, but the gif of that character flying around looks pretty neat. i'm just curious about the gameplay.

thanks

Open world action/adventure game with some very *light* RPG elements in the form of skill progression.

black070

thanks

It's basically a superhero game.

Seeing all these gifs makes me want to just start over. I just don't want to with all these ridiculous save issues. Keep thinking I am going to restart get a couple hours in then lose all my data again!

Eblo

I remember doing a sidequest to deliver flyers for a business, and Kat wore a uniform with a hat and orange shorts. I just checked my costumes selection today, and I don't see that uniform anywhere. Is it not actually unlocked from that sidequest, or did my save mysteriously throw the costume into the ether?

Baalzebup

Okay, question time. I finished the main story and completed all side missions.
What do I do to start Chapter 21?
There is a glowing yellow girl who appears for a number of dialogues in the various Hekseville districts. Just check the district maps for a speech bubble icon for a "shining yellow girl" or something like that. Talk to her in a few different places and it should open up the chapter 21 quest in Auldnoir.
I remember doing a sidequest to deliver flyers for a business, and Kat wore a uniform with a hat and orange shorts. I just checked my costumes selection today, and I don't see that uniform anywhere. Is it not actually unlocked from that sidequest, or did my save mysteriously throw the costume into the ether?
You'll do more work in other sidequests with the same uniform. You'll get it after you're done with that.

There is a glowing yellow girl who appears for a number of dialogues in the various Hekseville districts. Just check the district maps for a speech bubble icon for a "shining yellow girl" or something like that. Talk to her in a few different places and it should open up the chapter 21 quest in Auldnoir.

Awesome, thanks!

LordPusha

Whoooah
, you can actually fly from Jirga Para Lao to Hekseville without any loading screens or roadblocks.

Thought this wasn't a spoiler since it's in the trailer

LotusHD

Banned
Yea spoiler that. I didn't know that myself....

---

I always forget to ask, but can anyone make my avatar be just Kat, no background?

Shin-Ra

The undersides of the metal support structures in Hekseville are a good starting place to practise Jupiter/Lunar switching when gravity sliding.

GR2slidestyle.gif

Top Bottom