• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gravity Rush 2 |OT| Mewton's Law of Gravity

Dad

I don't think I've had a single experience using the normal style special attack where I didn't just get caught on some level geometry and waste the entire thing

LotusHD

Banned
How's this?

ZAm6nkC.png

Wait, I messed up, realized it bugs me that all of her hair isn't in it.

If it isn't too much trouble, I'd prefer to use this lol:

ymkws61.png

Kindekuma

Banned
I don't think I've had a single experience using the normal style special attack where I didn't just get caught on some level geometry and waste the entire thing

Yeah, thats one thing I wish the game had some sort of lock on for.

Mission 19 and 20 really made me wish there was a lock on for particular enemies. I can't seem to strike an enemy in the air in Lunar Style more than 2 times before flying past them and having to turn the camera around.

Unknown?

I know they're two very different style of games but I consider Gravity Rush 2 to be a better "super hero" game than the infamous games on PS4 and slightly edging out infamous 2. This game is just so much fun, starts off slow though!

Humdinger

I'm only starting the game (just got to the first major city), but I'm having fun so far.

While he's sending Kat on fetch quests and playing his guitar, Syd says something to the effect of, "the heart needs feeding, too" and he makes a reference to "laughter and surprise." I thought that nicely encapsulated the game's charm -- it certainly has heart, and there is plenty of laughter and surprise. I am often smiling, which I rarely do in videogames, and I almost always leave the game feeling better than I went in, humming the theme.

I've enjoyed all the sidequests so far. The only thing that has bugged me is getting clobbered by the giant Nevi in one of the mines. I guess I am too weak to take it on at the moment. Or maybe I'm doing something wrong. And I'm not as good at the challenges as I wish I were, but oh well, I'll get better. I am also still a bit confused about the way some of the new controls work, but I'll figure it out.

Baalzebup

So in the Lei Colmosna garden island, there is this little curious thing:
Looks very much like a gravestone, especially with the blue flowers planted next to it. The shape embossed on it seems to be an eletric guitar, so I got the impression it was someones tribute to some now-gone guitarist or something. I haven't bothered to try to translate the text on it.

Toki767

The side missions are such a great idea...on paper.

In practice though the fail states are just infuriating at times.

This mission where you have to jump across a bunch of flying boats and then end with a roll is starting to bug me because of how floaty controls can be. And the one time I ended up rolling correctly I fall off and have to redo it again.

Shin-Ra

This mission where you have to jump across a bunch of flying boats and then end with a roll is starting to bug me because of how floaty controls can be. And the one time I ended up rolling correctly I fall off and have to redo it again.
Only problem I had with this one was rolling off the chimney at the end!

silva1991

I didn't have a single problem with this mission. Infact, it's my favorite lol.

MikeDown

Banned
So far i have mixed feelings about the game but i feel like it's getting better and better. I just unlocked lunar style and i'm enjoying that particular mission quite a lot. Does anyone know the title of that awesome piano tune playing in that mission (episode 9)?
Haven't made it that far, but could this be it?

Miggy

Need a solution for the final puzzle? I believe in episode 21. Not sure what to do with that single block in the beginning.

Damn this game is so difficult to continue just buy how much fun it is to go around and collecting orbs and treasure hunting. This game is a perfect game for me.

Though I nearly shit my pants when I saw the above city from the main area and asked if I could go up there. Didn't think I could and just thought it was skybox and once the area name showed up I freaked.

Baalzebup

Need a solution for the final puzzle? I believe in episode 21. Not sure what to do with that single block in the beginning.
Line up the blocks to make the path whole. You move 'em up and down by standing on them and doing the style switches. Later on, remember to use the blocks themselves as movable stepping stones to reach other blocks. When the path is whole, walk into the light.

Milijango

The side missions are also really helped by the minor characters all having nice looking sprites as opposed to just some horrible and bland looking model.

Yeah, it's great that the portraits match up with character models too.

Also I enjoy the "middle aged man shriek" sound bite a great deal more than I should.

Mathieran

Banned
I powered through the main quest and just got lunar mode. I thought I would get both the new modes in the same mission but apparently not. Which mission do I get the other mode in? I want to stop and do side quests and tool around a bit but if it's not much longer to get the other mode maybe I will continue until I get it. Can anyone tell me?

Lunar style is pretty sweet though.

Loving this game so far. Incredibly fun, super creative, much more fluid feeling than the first game because of how many of the powers and whatnot have been tweaked. For instance, how you can use statis field at any time, allowing you to pick up objects and retain momentum.

I felt the need to do a major remap on the controls though. I don't like having to move my thumb from the analoge stick to initiate a gravity kick or throw an object. The default control scheme seems designed with motion controls in mind, where obviously you don't need to use the right stick for anything, so you fingers are free for the face buttons, but I didn't find the motion controls provided satisfactory control when used alone. They're good enough for fine aim between targets but for making full turns and things like that, the analogue stick is better and it has the same issues that Splatoon does, where the arguably optimum camera control would ideally utilise both motion and analogue.

Anyway, if anyone is interested this is my remap.

L2 > O
R2 > Square

As I say, this makes it so that you can both throw items and gravity kick, without moving off of the analogue stick. For me, it feels more fluid and I feel that I have more control. I have not seen any disadvantages of this layout yet, besides the obvious that is, which is mostly the fact that using L2 as circle to cancel out as menu's is a bit weird.

I recommend giving it a go if you're not entirely happy with the default layout. I prefer it, though obviously you might not.

Milijango

I powered through the main quest and just got lunar mode. I thought I would get both the new modes in the same mission but apparently not. Which mission do I get the other mode in? I want to stop and do side quests and tool around a bit but if it's not much longer to get the other mode maybe I will continue until I get it. Can anyone tell me?

Lunar style is pretty sweet though.

Three missions after Lunar. So Mission

I've had to put Gravity Rush 2 on temporary hold because RE7 is consuming my life rn, but it's gonna feel so fucking liberating and chill coming back to this after.

Baalzebup

Does ore collecting via mining ever get quicker? I'm only getting 1s and no 10s or 50s.
Not really. Sites with Rich deposits are marginally better, but are still not really worth it. If you really want just the gems, playing episode 19 on repeat seems like the best way to go. Not even the Delvool Trench "dungeon" improves on that front, you just get far better talismans. In general, mining is for the talismans and the gems more of a by-product.

ironmang

Not really. Sites with Rich deposits are marginally better, but are still not really worth it. If you really want just the gems, playing episode 19 on repeat seems like the best way to go. Not even the Delvool Trench "dungeon" improves on that front, you just get far better talismans. In general, mining is for the talismans and the gems more of a by-product.

Damn, some of these power up numbers are brutal lol. Was hoping to take any shortcut I can.

Kindekuma

Banned
Y'all need to post more in the photo mode thread :mad:
It's like a ghost town in there right now, come on people I know you've got some good shots!

Anyway, if anyone is interested this is my remap.

L2 > O
R2 > Square

As I say, this makes it so that you can both throw items and gravity kick, without moving off of the analogue stick. For me, it feels more fluid and I feel that I have more control. I have not seen any disadvantages of this layout yet, besides the obvious that is, which is mostly the fact that using L2 as circle to cancel out as menu's is a bit weird.

I recommend giving it a go if you're not entirely happy with the default layout. I prefer it, though obviously you might not.

How do you remap buttons? I only see play style options, no button remapping.

Miggy

Line up the blocks to make the path whole. You move 'em up and down by standing on them and doing the style switches. Later on, remember to use the blocks themselves as movable stepping stones to reach other blocks. When the path is whole, walk into the light.

Thank you. I figured it out a few seconds later after my post.

LotusHD

Banned
It's like a ghost town in there right now, come on people I know you've got some good shots!

I'm so lazy though lol, I have a bunch, but I was basically gonna wait till I beat the game, then slowly trickle them out onto the thread lol

Don't forget Gravity Rush is from the creator of Silent Hill and Siren! And sometimes it shows.

I constantly forget that haha. I would be unbelievably down for him returning to his horror roots for his next project. Although I think he said he wants to do another action/adventure game ala Gravity Rush next, unless he was being very broad with that definition.

how is the combat/action? feels pretty good?

sorry guys, i have no clue on how to multi-quote.
The plus sign beside "quote" is how you start multi-quoting. You hit the "+" on all the posts you want to add and just hit quote on the last post you want in your multi-quote and they will all be in order.

CatPee

The melee portion is just a one button combo. However, you're meant to be zipping around with your gravity powers doing crazy acrobatics while using stasis to toss stuff at enemies. It makes you feel like a telekinetic God and feels very good and fun to play.

The shatter sound that comes with destroying weak points is also deeply satisfying.

There's usually like only one really good way to get through the boss fights.

For example, in the second to the last boss fight, the boss moved very quickly and I kept getting hit and dying whenever I would rely on the standard attack in the game (gravity kicking). Then I tried a different approach, looked on the ground for stuff to chuck at it and unintentionally used the surrounding trees as cover for enemy attacks.

And doing that made the boss a cakewalk.

Alucrid

Banned
The melee portion is just a one button combo. However, you're meant to be zipping around with your gravity powers doing crazy acrobatics while using stasis to toss stuff at enemies. It makes you feel like a telekinetic God and feels very good and fun to play.

The shatter sound that comes with destroying weak points is also deeply satisfying.

that's not entirely true. you have the square + x attack

How do you remap buttons? I only see play style options, no button remapping.

In the disability options on the PS4 you can remap any button to anything. :)

Vigamox

Not sure if this is a glitch or if I'm overlooking something, but I was playing mission 7 when I realized I couldn't do a normal attack anymore (square button). I was running up to enemies to try and hit them but couldn't do anything. What's weird is that I could still do the attack after a dodge and also air kicks, but her regular attack just wouldn't come out. Has anyone else experienced this?

Top Bottom