• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gravity Rush 2 |OT| Mewton's Law of Gravity

Wow that camera work in episode 12 was terrible, never felt so close to FFXV Leviathan. :p

Also some side quest are tedious when they offer a little challenge but overall I'm really enjoying the game.

49% completion, 20hs.

LotusHD

Banned
Gotta remind myself to stay away from GameFAQs when I'm still playing a game, because they just do not care if they accidentally spoil shit lol

TripOpt55

I'm super impressed with this game so far. The game seems massive. I just found the stats and was surprised I was only about a third of the way through the story with 10 hours of play in. I do spend a bit of time just falling around. That is one of the things I really like about the game, I can have fun just collecting gems and looking around. Other than the odd mission that I don't like, I don't have much to complain about so far. I just unlocked the Lunar Style. The traversal moves like that Missile Jump certainly look cool and some of the new combat moves are really useful. Looking forward to playing more throughout the week. I'm absolutely hooked on it thus far.

Milijango

Gotta remind myself to stay away from GameFAQs when I'm still playing a game, because they just do not care if they accidentally spoil shit lol

That's the downside to enjoying games at your own pace. But hey, if your game can't be spoiled by YouTube thumbnails, it just doesn't have enough imagination.

I feel that the metascore for this game really underplays it's quality. This is definitely going to be a sleeper hit, while 81 is a decent metascore, it's only 1 point above Infamous Second Son, or Gravity Rush remastered. I take issue with it being so close to Gravity Rush remastered particularly, the sequel is better in every way imaginable (in my opinion), much large world, a stronger narrative, significantly improved gameplay, vastly better graphics, much more interesting side quests, I could go on. Some of the gripes of its predecessor do persist (albeit to a lesser extent) but overall it's a vast improvement and I don't think it's being given credit for that.

how is the combat/action? feels pretty good?

sorry guys, i have no clue on how to multi-quote.

Fairly simple and but there's a lot of creative freedom to it which makes it fun, for me. Lots of different approaches to dispatching your foes, and switching between Kat's various attack options is fluid and gives the fights a neat pacing.

Some camera issues persist, yet for me it hasn't been anything major.

I feel that the metascore for this game really underplays it's quality. This is definitely going to be a sleeper hit, while 81 is a decent metascore, it's only 1 point above Infamous Second Son, or Gravity Rush remastered. I take issue with it being so close to Gravity Rush remastered particularly, the sequel is better in every way imaginable (in my opinion), much large world, a stronger narrative, significantly improved gameplay, vastly better graphics, much more interesting side quests, I could go on. Some of the gripes of its predecessor do persist (albeit to a lesser extent) but overall it's a vast improvement and I don't think it's being given credit for that.

Fairly simple and but there's a lot of creative freedom to it which makes it fun, for me. Lots of different approaches to dispatching your foes, and switching between Kat's various attack options is fluid and gives the fights a neat pacing.

Some camera issues persist, yet for me it hasn't been anything major.

The camera issues are annoying but seldom inhibit gameplay other than
episode11 holy fuck what a shit show

And that slant magazine reviewer can't be serious. Let me go see what they gave homefront.

Update: it's the same reviewer and he gave both games a 1.5/5. I'm dead fam.

LotusHD

Banned
The camera issues are annoying but seldom inhibit gameplay other than
chapter 11 holy fuck what a shit show

And that slant magazine reviewer can't be serious. Let me go see what they gave homefront.

Update: it's the same reviewer and he gave both games a 1.5/5. I'm dead fam.

Lol, not even that, he reviewed the first GR game as well, and gave it a higher score. I'm baffled, but whatever.

Milijango

The reviews definitely undersold me on this game. In a way I'm thankful for that but a better score would have encouraged more people to try it.

I'd liken it to an Uncharted 1->2 or Witcher 2->3 improvement even if scores don't reflect that. But hey, don't listen to the numbers game or you'll just lose your mind.

ChrisD

Did the dog side mission today. It was okay. I wish they kept part two (find kid) and three (play fetch), and ditched part one (dog sniffing portion) or just made it an on-rails "follow dog from point to point" until you come across the kid.

The second part is also just dog-sniffing, but the NPCs Zoey runs to have dialogue that just makes you feel warm and fuzzy inside. Part one's NPCs just talk about food and perfume. That's just annoying and I can't help but read them as, "wrong person, keep looking!"

Wasn't an end of the world scenario regardless. Think the whole thing took twelve minutes. Though about half of that total was in the annoying first part, so... I can see the hate for the thing, but I definitely don't think it's bad enough to elicit the responses I read beforehand, heh.

Dad

I can't help but feel a little disappointed by the designs for the Rift Planes. They're pretty, but they all really amount to floating bits of rock with different colored skyboxes. I remember the first game making them feel a little more unique and novel

I can't help but feel a little disappointed by the designs for the Rift Planes. They're pretty, but they all really amount to floating bits of rock with different colored skyboxes. I remember the first game making them feel a little more unique and novel

This might be the one thing the original does better. Every rift plane felt completely unique.

Prototype

Ya, miss the rift planes from the first game.

tsundoku

Ok as someone who defends the kinda samey quest design in both games as being "a chance to really perfect and master the movement mechanics" and absolutely loves this game too.
I think i'm past twenty hours now?

I went to work and I'm saved/rest moded in the middle of maybe the fifth fucking run up to NPCs and hit square quest

What is this absolute trash and is there some way you can cheat and look up the npc portraits for it or is it literally just a random chance and all of those npcs have portraits?

I'm to keep it spoiler free Investigating a Cold Case and I thought I cracked the magical code because I started the mission wearing the Copy Kat costume and literally the first 3/4 NPCs i tried procced quest dialogue I figured it was a secret effect of the costume but:

But I ran like 10 circuts around every "too far away" pathway and I feel like I talked to every single static npc and unique model and I'm reminded of the photos-of-cute-girls sidequest which is super early, where I did 80% of the quest in literally sixty seconds and then spent five? felt like ten minutes running around trying to get the last progress marker to proc.

Am I able to scare off quest mandatory npcs accidentally with a whiffed kick talk / slide / landing too hard next to them?

Help.
Please.

Ok as someone who defends the kinda samey quest design in both games as being "a chance to really perfect and master the movement mechanics" and absolutely loves this game too.
I think i'm past twenty hours now?

I went to work and I'm saved/rest moded in the middle of maybe the fifth fucking run up to NPCs and hit square quest

What is this absolute trash and is there some way you can cheat and look up the npc portraits for it or is it literally just a random chance and all of those npcs have portraits?

I'm to keep it spoiler free Investigating a Cold Case and I thought I cracked the magical code because I started the mission wearing the Copy Kat costume and literally the first 3/4 NPCs i tried procced quest dialogue I figured it was a secret effect of the costume but:

But I ran like 10 circuts around every "too far away" pathway and I feel like I talked to every single static npc and unique model and I'm reminded of the photos-of-cute-girls sidequest which is super early, where I did 80% of the quest in literally sixty seconds and then spent five? felt like ten minutes running around trying to get the last progress marker to proc.

Am I able to scare off quest mandatory npcs accidentally with a whiffed kick talk / slide / landing too hard next to them?

Help.
Please.

I honestly think it's just a random chance. But stationary NPCs are more likely to give you a portrait. Which mission is it exactly?

tsundoku

I honestly think it's just a random chance. But stationary NPCs are more likely to give you a portrait. Which mission is it exactly?
spoiler tag spacer:
helping the hekseville cops look for leads on the missing orphans. in the vendecentre central square with the photo of the old man.

spoiler tag spacer:
helping the hekseville cops look for leads on the missing orphans. in the vendecentre central square with the photo of the old man.

Have you talked to the
students
yet?

I'm pretty sure an old lady shopkeeper in one of the stands is the key to progress that part.

You can't talk to her. You have to trigger Kat being hungry for coffee and donuts in order to progress.

black070

Nearing the end and it honestly sucks - a little over 30 hours in and I really don't want to let the game go, easily my GOTY contender (would be straight up GOTY if it weren't for Persona 5 and the second half of the year being a mystery).

Can't wait for the DLC !

Good thing about Dusty tokens is that you get more and more of them with time. Every treasure found accelerates the pace a little. Currently at 1400, just give me school uniform 1.0 and I'm good.

Man the fight against
the Lost City
was giving me fits with everything moving in three dimensions, the camera actively fighting me and no health gems to be seen anywhere.

But then Raven finished it for me as I was just chilling, thanks love ! The game is quite forgiving, you can do the gravity slide course on the way to the Core just as well walking, there is no time limit and it's 10 times easier that way.

- Episode 11 is nuts.
- Episode 12 is mostly terrible.
-
Dog
sidequest is fine. People need some patience. Just call him to the obvious spots and wait for him to
sniff

Omg @ Hekseville 2.0 though. Pleajeune looks insanely good, and the whole city, while smaller than the new one, feels so much more intricate and detailed than the first game. Wasn't ready for this, even after the clips in that trailer pre-release.

wouwie

Haven't made it that far, but could this be it?

It isn't but thanks anyway. I will be listening to the soundtrack more once i finish the game since i want to avoid spoilers.

The full soundtrack doesn't release until 22 Feb. The track might be on the composer's choice album that came with pre-orders, but someone else will have to check.

Interesting. I see there is a soundtrack (15 tracks, probably different than the soundtrack bundled with the pre-order?) on some PSN stores but apparently not on the EU site (at least not in my country). I wonder if the complete soundtrack will be available on normal digital stores (PSN, iTunes, Spotify) but i guess it will be cd and import only (just like Gravity Rush)...

- Chapter 11 is nuts.
- Chapter 12 is mostly terrible.
-
Dog
sidequest is fine. People need some patience. Just call him to the obvious spots and wait for him to
sniff

Omg @ Hekseville 2.0 though. Pleajeune looks insanely good, and the whole city, while smaller than the new one, feels so much more intricate and detailed than the first game. Wasn't ready for this, even after the clips in that trailer pre-release.

I felt the same way. It really felt like coming home after being in a different place for so long. Heck one sidequest has you go to the place Kat fell into in the first game's intro without giving you a mission marker but I knew where the place was at the back of my hand so I went there without problem.

I felt the same way. It really felt like coming home after being in a different place for so long. Heck one sidequest has you go to the place Kat fell into in the first game's intro without giving you a mission marker but I knew where the place was at the back of my hand so I went there without problem.

Even more so for me because it took me 40 hours to reach this point (I waste so much time flying around and taking pictures). Really does feel like I've been away for a long time, and the course of events that get you there feels like such a hard left turn.

EDIT: Oh and the Dusty Tokens are capital R ridiculous. I have about 850 right now, and the max unlock still feels like it's 200 years away. Not to mention that the online features are really inconsistent in terms of how regularly the game throws challenges/pictures/treasures your way, and how often you're getting Token updates server-side. 1000 should be the max. 6000 is beyond crazy.

Blindy

Just got the singing Kat in her Jazz costume, who knew she could sing and sway so professionally? Where did she ever learn that?

black070

Episode 24:

doctor-strange.png

TheMasterThief

Neo Member
Hello, guys! I'm 12 hours into the game and GR2 has been such a blast! The music is incredible, exploring Jin Para Lhao is such a joy, and I can't get enough of Kat's personality! I love the sidequests as well since it really expands on the cast of GR2 making for some fun moments! Looking forward to getting Lunar and Jupiter mode soon! One question, how do I transfer photos from Kat's camera to here? I know I have it in my capture gallery, but from there I'm not sure how to put them here.

tsundoku

Am I missing something with mining sites always being dry or inaccessible? Inaccessible is when it continually spawns the same miniboss Nevi (I only ever get hook hands it seems) but am I supposed to be getting mining sites when they have some kind of global asymmetric multiplayer reset? D:

Have you talked to the
students
yet?
You can't talk to her. You have to trigger Kat being hungry for coffee and donuts in order to progress.

I talked to those assholes like three times but it worked now that i've tried it, thanks
D:
Also Kat eats like 20 donuts a day in my save file so this sidequest is going to be NON CANON

EDIT: Oh and the Dusty Tokens are capital R ridiculous. I have about 850 right now, and the max unlock still feels like it's 200 years away. Not to mention that the online features are really inconsistent in terms of how regularly the game throws challenges/pictures/treasures your way, and how often you're getting Token updates server-side. 1000 should be the max. 6000 is beyond crazy.

1000 or 1500 absolutely sounds a lot better for the amount of time i've invested in people's TERRIBLE treasure hunt pictures and how many hunts and pictures and challenges i've put out and the % of them that actually get completed and returned.
Also the second hub is super cool if you just finished playing and platinuming GR1 Remaster a week before 2 came out

Some of the sidequests are starting to really wear me down, unfortunately. Last night I finished what I guess you could call the second Battle Nurse one (it's the one where
you pretend to be that idol and run away from adoring fans
) and oh my god the layout of the route seems designed for maximum frustration. Also angry at mission 15 requiring some bizarre kind of precision stasis field bullshit in order to
stop waves of cruise missiles
that took forever to complete because you'd
fly past a missile and mash circle and it WOULDN'T PICK UP A FUCKING MISSILE or it would blow up in your face while in stasis or whatever

Thank god for the mission right after that where all you have to do is take a little girl sightseeing. I needed that.

Also, re: photo challenges. Is it just me or do the NPCs you have to take photos of sometimes just disappear randomly, even when you're not doing a mission or anything? I could've sworn I spent half an hour scouring the entire area of and around Skyscraper Valley looking for that one woman looking at a message board, including right by the manhole, and then after a story mission I go back for the fourth time and suddenly there are more people around, including the target I needed, who's right by the manhole. What the hell? Now I'm trying to find the mailbox man and just as before, zero luck. And I had it happen before with a woman who was supposed to be enjoying the water in Havina's old settlement, and I did a whole bunch of rounds of that entire island as well including the manhole for the gardens that happens to have a giant body of water next to it, and nothing. I still don't have that one.

Kiro

Is there no way to get the white Kat costume outside of preorder? I didn't know about the bonus and ordered it release day. :( now I can't hundred percent it so I've lost motivation for any costume.

Really enjoying this so far and I only just finished episode 6. I do think the start is a little slow and many of the quests a little too fetch based. It has at least got me very comfortable with the camera and flying and sliding though. Also gem collecting is still oddly satisfying. I think tonight I am just going to mainline the story to get to the lunar option then catch up on side quests to get used to lunar and then mainline for Jupiter.

Also it's pretty awesome entering photo mode while flying.

Strings

What a lovely ending. Couldn't have wished for more.

Now it's just 3rd level of the mining trench and 5 rare Nevi for the platinum.

D

Deleted member 518609

Unconfirmed Member
Also, re: photo challenges. Is it just me or do the NPCs you have to take photos of sometimes just disappear randomly, even when you're not doing a mission or anything? I could've sworn I spent half an hour scouring the entire area of and around Skyscraper Valley looking for that one woman looking at a message board, including right by the manhole, and then after a story mission I go back for the fourth time and suddenly there are more people around, including the target I needed, who's right by the manhole. What the hell? Now I'm trying to find the mailbox man and just as before, zero luck. And I had it happen before with a woman who was supposed to be enjoying the water in Havina's old settlement, and I did a whole bunch of rounds of that entire island as well including the manhole for the gardens that happens to have a giant body of water next to it, and nothing. I still don't have that one.

Well I can't say for certain that doesn't happen, and I have encountered a few glitches of my own in the game, but for the photo challenges I didn't have a single problem with people disappearing or whatnot.
For that particular "woman enjoying the water" one, she's in a very weird place, so you could've just missed her.
She's in one of the moats carrying the water, near a grate.

Dumb question about mission 12, it says i need to surge kick through a wall with Raven but i must have misunderstood, she's not here and i can't kick through.

What do?

Top Bottom