• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gravity Rush 2 |OT| Mewton's Law of Gravity

KaidoRacer7

Dumb question about mission 12, it says i need to surge kick through a wall with Raven but i must have misunderstood, she's not here and i can't kick through.

What do?

I had to reload my save. At this part, I used Kat's triangle move instead of waiting Raven and end up with a huge white world :D

Humdinger

I guess I'll bow out of the thread for now. Spoilers aren't being posted, but I don't even want to hear vague impressions of later episodes or the ending. Someone on GAF spoiled the ending of TLG for me yesterday, and that's enough. I'll check back once I've finished the game, or if I have questions. Cheers.

black070

I guess I'll bow out of the thread for now. Spoilers aren't being posted, but I don't even want to hear vague impressions of later episodes or the ending. Someone on GAF spoiled the ending of TLG for me yesterday, and that's enough. I'll check back once I've finished the game, or if I have questions. Cheers.

Sorry, I think I'm the culprit - I'll keep it quiet, I promise.

I found a guy playing a guitar. I wanted a photo with him, so I put the camera in tripod mode and started the singing gesture.

The guy immediately dropped the guitar, clapped, and walked away, leaving the guitar behind on the ground.

Thanks guys. I've turned it off for now, i hope i won't have to do the entire mission again ��

I glitched this mission out too, so I just closed the application and picked continue after I restarted it. The restart point is right outside that room, no problems after that.

iiicon

Gravity Rush 2 for the first 80% of the game: a well-thought out and endearing game that builds on what came before without requiring any previous knowledge.

Gravity Rush 2 for the last 20% of the game: apparently Asura's Wrath has a sequel and it was written by Grant Morrison.

burgerdog

Mission 15 45% story complete what the f? I doubt this game has 30 main missions :lol I'm at ~25 hours in with all side content and challenges completed up to this point. That's a lot of content, pleasantly surprised.

Mission 15 45% story complete what the f? I doubt this game has 30 main missions :lol I'm at ~25 hours in with all side content and challenges completed up to this point. That's a lot of content, pleasantly surprised.

I haven't started episode 14 yet and my story completion sits at 53%. No idea why the discrepancy since I haven't even finished all the sidequests available yet.

wapplew

Gravity Rush 2 for the first 80% of the game: a well-thought out and endearing game that builds on what came before without requiring any previous knowledge.

Gravity Rush 2 for the last 20% of the game: apparently Asura's Wrath has a sequel and it was written by Grant Morrison.

Please try not to spoil story beat for others.

Shin-Ra

"Everything's going to be fine."

32537977275_d0bafb46db_o.png

Kat's face.

Which track are you referring to? Otani's stuff is very distinctive and adventurous. He is the dude that did the OST of Outlaw Star and Shadow of the Colossus after all.
Near the end of the game, it just sounds really like a SotC track.

Dunan

Just reached chapter 13 after struggling mightily with the combat in preceding chapters, and wow, was that a pleasant surprise!

Question: at one point,
Kat leaves Jirga Para Lhao; is there a way to get back? I left a lot of stuff undone.

Just reached chapter 13 after struggling mightily with the combat in preceding chapters, and wow, was that a pleasant surprise!

Question:
at one point, Kat leaves Jirga Para Lhao; is there a way to get back? I left a lot of stuff undone.

you should put spoiler tags on your question

Yes, you will be able to do remaining side content

Dunan

To answer your question,
Yes. You will be able to go back and complete all the side quests after you complete several story missions.

Excellent. I've made a breakthrough with reading the alphabet and -need- to go back there to check some stuff -- ecstatic and delighted though I am at where the story is now!

Not understanding the fatigue people are experiencing as a result of the side missions so far. I guess they're pretty repetitive but what are you doing to get fatigued by them? Doing them all at once? I spend so much time in-between these that it's difficult to find them repetitive.

That's just my view though, not saying others experiences aren't valid.

Kindekuma

Banned
Not understanding the fatigue people are experiencing as a result of the side missions so far. I guess they're pretty repetitive but what are you doing to get fatigued by them? Doing them all at once? I spend so much time in-between these that it's difficult to find them repetitive.

Do 3 or so side missions then a main story mission has been my go-to plan during my playthough.

LotusHD

Banned

I do them all at once each time I get new ones, as well as the challenge missions and random gem collecting. I figure I best get them out the way now and have it sync up to where I currently am with the story, rather than try and do all of them at once after beating the game.

That being said, sometimes it does take longer than anticipated, which in turn means that I don't have as much time as I'd like to actually continue with the main story. Or I get a bit tired, and don't progress as much.

Not that I'm complaining as I love all the sidequests, but yea, the sidequests and what not are meatier than I thought they'd be lol

Eblo

Just finished episode 17(?). It was the one where
you learn about Brahman's true motives.
What a ride! Or should I say "rush." That part left me in a daze.

Baalzebup

On the 8th layer and the challenge is "take out five scarabs with one throw" Guessing you need SP for this : (
Yup. And a good angle to boot.
So I finished mission 20 and then all side quests.
wasn't there suposed to be more? Where do I go?
Look around the town, you might spot someone interesting to talk to. Or alternatively, read das spoiler.
There is a glowing yellow girl who appears for a number of dialogues in the various Hekseville districts. Just check the district maps for a speech bubble icon for a "shining yellow girl" or something like that. Talk to her in a few different places and it should open up the chapter 21 quest in Auldnoir.

Prototype

Woah, when you die and you can recover your body in the trenches on a return trip. So dark souls lol.

Edit.
What's the furthest any of you have made it? I died in layer 11 and there are no more gravity storms at the moment to go back :(

That said I got a lot of talismans, gonna go merge them.

Baalzebup

Woah, when you die and you can recover your body in the trenches on a return trip. So dark souls lol.

Edit.
What's the furthest any of you have made it? I died in layer 11 and there are no more gravity storms at the moment to go back :(

That said I got a lot of talismans, gonna go merge them.
I'm currently stuck on the 11th layer as well. Failed the test for the next floor a few times, then died. I just made my way back there and cashed in on the talismans. Now I'm just waiting for the next gravity storm again. If you GTFO without dying, your next trip will start the the depth you left from.

Prototype

I'm currently stuck on the 11th layer as well. Failed the test for the next floor a few times, then died. I just made my way back there and cashed in on the talismans. Now I'm just waiting for the next gravity storm again. If you GTFO without dying, your next trip will start the the depth you left from.
I've still yet to see a rare /green Navi. Have you seen any yet?

Baalzebup

I've still yet to see a rare /green Navi. Have you seen any yet?
Yeah, I made a post about it back then. It wasn't in the Delvool Trench though.
Well now, I finally found myself an actual Rare Nevi. It was a green version of those flower/jellyfish Nevi that basically just float in place an occasionally chuck a firebolt at you. This one was... a 'bit' more dangerous. I found it in Togluf Reef with Rich Ore deposits and no special events going on. It was actually inside one of the ore bubbles. I broke it and out came Nevi smoke instead of gems, followed shortly by the Rare Nevi itself.

Weird, I'm on episode 13, did every side mission and barely 3 or 4 treasure hunts, 2 minings and only 1 challenge and yet I'm 49% into the game...

LotusHD

Banned

Did you do the information stuff? Are you sure you did all the challenges and side missions? Because I'm where you are, but I'm definitely higher than 45% completion lol

After spending another four hours or so with my remapped controls it's impossible to go back. Being able to engage in combat without ever removing your fingers from the analogue stick, performing everything with the triggers makes combat that much more fluid. It also helps mediate some camera issues, as your always in direct control of the camera.

It's disappointing that this wasn't available as a potential remap in the game. The remapable options are really weird and only regard dodging and changing gravity states. Those aren't elements of the combat that I've ever had any issue with.

Shifting over to using the tirggers directly affect the sense of fluidity I got when playing the game, and therefore, made it more fun. It seems like an oversight to not include these kind of remaps as a preset option, at the very least.

This is my post from before if you're curious about the remap.

Anyway, if anyone is interested this is my remap.

L2 > O
R2 > Square

This makes it so that you can both throw items and gravity kick, without moving off of the analogue stick. For me, it feels more fluid and I feel that I have more control. I have not seen any disadvantages of this layout yet, besides the obvious that is, which is mostly the fact that using L2 as circle to cancel out as menu's is a bit weird.

Worth giving it a go in my opinion. Though if you're perfectly happy with the default layout, then I'm happy it clicks with you.

Baalzebup

I never worked out what the star ratings for mining locations actually affect.
I'm under the impression it indicates the relative value of Nevi activity at the time, in that particular area. The difference between a few stars and a full row is quite notable.

Granted I haven't seen unlockable costumes besides the worker outfit but the preorder White Kat costume is the goat

These treasure hunts are insanely fun too, great idea for the game. Just wish it didn't take so long to get dusty tokens

How exactly does this work? I must have not paid attention when it was explained. I've been during anomalies but have just killed the one big nevi and left.

Baalzebup

How exactly does this work? I must have not paid attention when it was explained. I've been during anomalies but have just killed the one big nevi and left.
It isn't explained. You are very much supposed to figure it out yourself. But here is a post I made earlier about accessing Delvool:
Going by what I've observed, you have to do a certain sidequest to the Storm Explorer and then just check on the mining sites now and then until you get an area with a Gravity storm. And don't confuse the gravity storms with the anomalous gravity events which equal that scythe-armed giant Nevi. They are different events.

The (seeming) randomness of the access is kind of frustrating.

Top Bottom