• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gravity Rush 2 |OT| Mewton's Law of Gravity

Well I can't say for certain that doesn't happen, and I have encountered a few glitches of my own in the game, but for the photo challenges I didn't have a single problem with people disappearing or whatnot.
For that particular "woman enjoying the water" one, she's in a very weird place, so you could've just missed her.
She's in one of the moats carrying the water, near a grate.

I'll take another look, but I feel like I've already looked at all of those.
There's one moat beside that promenade overlooking the pool, one canal that spills into another canal with a waterfall-like feature, and one canal that connects the underside of two island sections that I remember; there might be one or two other canals as well.
It kind of doesn't matter right now because
I don't have access to that area anymore, and I'm not sure I'll be able to go back without starting another playthrough.

Baalzebup

I'll take another look, but I feel like I've already looked at all of those.
There's one moat beside that promenade overlooking the pool, one canal that spills into another canal with a waterfall-like feature, and one canal that connects the underside of two island sections that I remember; there might be one or two other canals as well.
It kind of doesn't matter right now because
I don't have access to that area anymore, and I'm not sure I'll be able to go back without starting another playthrough.
If I remember it correctly, she is at the lower end of the bolded,
standing right in front of the grate that cuts your passage futher into the waterway.

For the Forbidden Games side mission, what happens if you
say the wrong name in turn with the other girls? I'm assuming something quite amusing.

Milijango

Had my first crash during a challenge mission :( Didn't lose anything luckily.

In any case I've gotten through some of the rougher mid game missions. Looking forward to smoother sailing and zanier plot developments.

Pretty simple mechanically and sometimes the camera gets in the way but for the most part is has a great look/feel to it.

The plus sign beside "quote" is how you start multi-quoting. You hit the "+" on all the posts you want to add and just hit quote on the last post you want in your multi-quote and they will all be in order.

The melee portion is just a one button combo. However, you're meant to be zipping around with your gravity powers doing crazy acrobatics while using stasis to toss stuff at enemies. It makes you feel like a telekinetic God and feels very good and fun to play.

The shatter sound that comes with destroying weak points is also deeply satisfying.

There's usually like only one really good way to get through the boss fights.

For example, in the second to the last boss fight, the boss moved very quickly and I kept getting hit and dying whenever I would rely on the standard attack in the game (gravity kicking). Then I tried a different approach, looked on the ground for stuff to chuck at it and unintentionally used the surrounding trees as cover for enemy attacks.

And doing that made the boss a cakewalk.

Thank you everyone. I think this is a game that i would like to play. it looks awesome.

Can I completely ignore all the online missions and stuff as far as trophies go?

Still super early on and I'm doing every side mission between story ones so far and it's a little exhausting unlocking 4-5 each time haha.
I'd rather stick to it than have to do all of them at the end though.

Grexeno

So I'm clearly not supposed to be fighting these Giant Nevi in the mining sites at the beginning of the game right? Because they are impossible.

Toki767

So I'm clearly not supposed to be fighting these Giant Nevi in the mining sites at the beginning of the game right? Because they are impossible.

I've seen videos of someone doing it with very little health, but yeah, I'd wait till you're a bit stronger.

I was flying around in the Candle Zone mining site and found a bell floating in the middle of nowhere. Is this supposed to do anything? lol

McFadge

I was flying around in the Candle Zone mining site and found a bell floating in the middle of nowhere. Is this supposed to do anything? lol

I've seen them in Mining Site 13 or 0 (maybe both?) as well. They don't seem to do anything except make a nice ring when you land on them at speed.

Shin-Ra

Early game it's best to do damage long-range with stasis field projectiles first then fly in. You can dodge all attacks (ground and air) with R2 fairly easily if you keep an eye on the Nevi.

I beat the Giant Nevi in Mine 0, however when I visit the other mines there aren't any giant nevi. Will they appear at some point?
You should get an automatic announcement about 'Strange Gravitational Phenomena.'

ZarKryn7

Question regarding last chapter

just defeated that angel monster I have to ask, us more story to be done? I'm just confused

No Love

Banned

I've seen videos of someone doing it with very little health, but yeah, I'd wait till you're a bit stronger.

I just beat them earlier today as soon as I could access the mining side quests to fight the giant Nevi. Here is how you beat them bone stock without upgrading:

Go to Mining Site #0 first, this giant Nevi is the same as the #13 one but the area you fight in has way more cover. What you want to do is this:

1. Use Stasis to constantly pelt the weak spots with rocks as often as you can.

2. When you see the Nevi about to swing its boomerang-sickle, get ready to dodge/evade in the air or on the ground. He always throws one and then another a couple seconds later. After he throws them, get in close and gravity kick him a few times. Be ready to dodge again if you see him make a certain movement because he also will swipe at you occasionally when up close.

3. Wear him down and kill him. Equip his Talisman so you can have to ability to do multiple dodges in succession. This makes the 2nd one a piece of cake.

4. Rinse wash and repeat with Giant Nevi #2 @ Site #13.

Karu

Military uniform + Pointing up-emote = Oh god

I have 1000 Dusty Marks right now, but I just realized that you need all 6k for the Plat-trophy. That's a bummer, especially going forward as the already slim player base thins out even more.

Other than that: After the Mission 12 clusterfuck, the game returns to form shortly afterwards. I am staying in normal form 95% of the time. Jupiter and Lunar form are just not that enticing to me.

I have 1000 Dusty Marks right now, but I just realized that you need all 6k for the Plat-trophy. That's a bummer, especially going forward as the already slim player base thins out even more.

Other than that: After the Mission 12 clusterfuck, the game returns to form shortly afterwards. I am staying in normal form 95% of the time. Jupiter and Lunar form are just not that enticing to me.
I don't think there is a trophy for the Dusty Tokens.

Milijango

The trophy is for obtaining 60,000 precious gems which you use for skills. I think it's the amount needed to fill the skill tree. Dusty tokens have no trophies.

Jupiter is a little dull for traversal but it's the fastest style for shifting and sliding. The big jumps in Lunar mode are fun to use in Hekseville because there are more surfaces and they're great for covering distance from a standing start. I'm still trying to find out which enemies Jupiter style is best for but I use Lunar against most flying enemies.

First person view helps out a bit in mission 12 but you'll still totally loose direction if you bump into a wall. Luckily they don't make you do anything especially demanding in it.

Milijango

I like the reduced focus on combat compared to the original. While the feel of fighting has improved and they've added a lot of new options, the mission structure is way less dense with encounters and the fights themselves don't have many enemies. It felt like every mission in Gravity Rush 1 had 4-5 successive waves of Nevi tacked onto it and it got old fast. In Gravity Rush 2 there are multiple main missions with zero combat, and while I wish there weren't quite so many stealth missions to take their place, they get good mileage out of the camera, which I didn't see coming.

I finished that one not too long ago. It wasn't that bad... right?
I'm curious, what's so bad about it.
Stealth and getting detected by just being in the vicinity of aircraft. Now that I have had time to cool off from it, it was just more annoying than anything else.

see5harp

The side quests in this game shit all over the majority of side quests in FFXV.

EDIT: Pretty much every stealth mission is sorta bad.

see5harp

You are doing the same thing over and over again in most of them but just being able to flesh out the characters using the simple artwork and sparse sound effects is pretty remarkable. It obviously isn't on par with The Witcher 3 where it's kinda mind blowing that so much art, dialogue and sheer amount of design they did for even the smallest fetch quests but it definitely adds a whole lot of charm. Loved even the one where you are helping to find a gift for Lisa.

LotusHD

Banned
You are doing the same thing over and over again in most of them but just being able to flesh out the characters using the simple artwork and sparse sound effects is pretty remarkable. It obviously isn't on par with The Witcher 3 where it's kinda mind blowing that so much art, dialogue and sheer amount of design they did for even the smallest fetch quests but it definitely adds a whole lot of charm. Loved even the one where you are helping to find a gift for Lisa.

That was when I first knew the sidequests would likely all be neat, the writing is just stellar for each and every one of them

LotusHD

Banned
lack of rewards for completing side quests is my only gripe with them.

Hmm, I think they're good enough. Stuff for photos, costumes, premium talismans, gravity/health upgrades, it's pretty good to me imo

The only thing really missing is gems, which would've definitely had been nice. Also they should tell you what reward you'll get, since I know that some people like to pick and choose which sidequests they'll do.

Fireblend

Banned
Just played my first 4 or so hours of this game. The first section (the mining stuff) was kinda boring, but as soon as it opens up it really opens up and I'm loving it just as much as the first game. Ended up doing all of those treasure hunt online missions, all available side missions (there's some real variety here, from street vendor to paperboy) and collecting gems and was barely able to finish 2 story missions.

This is gonna be a long one, I can tell :p

That was when I first knew the sidequests would likely all be neat, the writing is just stellar for each and every one of them

I wouldn't call it "stellar," but certainly charming.

Just played my first 4 or so hours of this game. The first section (the mining stuff) was kinda boring, but as soon as it opens up it really opens up and I'm loving it just as much as the first game. Ended up doing all of those treasure hunt online missions, all available side missions (there's some real variety here, from street vendor to paperboy) and collecting gems and was barely able to finish 2 story missions.

This is gonna be a long one, I can tell :p

It sounds like, given your play style, it's gonna take you 25 to 30 hours to beat the story. So yes, definitely a long one.

N° 2048

Yep, 9 hours in and everything is so well done.

Except stealth. Please stop putting stealth in games that don't need it.

Finally finished the game took me a while because I finished all the side quests before the final chapters but the ending was incredible I loved it and is my favorite game of this generation the only negative things are some of the stealth missions and the camera would freak out sometimes but other than that the game was great can't wait for the Raven dlc to come out.

LotusHD

Banned
That's actually pretty cool. Equip a talisman that could negate the effect perhaps?

Yea basically. But honestly my opinion of premium talismans lowered considerably once I learned that you apparently can't merge them with other talismans. So a premium talisman that only has one ability is kinda lame, even if it is obviously convenient.

Unknown?

I love the attention to detail in this game! Just realized that the different Gravity styles effect Kay's hair. Jupiter pulls it down more and lunar it floats more. Pretty cool!

Top Bottom