• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gravity Rush 2 |OT| Mewton's Law of Gravity

Progressing at a glacial pace. Super overtime at work is only giving me like an hour a night to play :( I don't think I'd be able to settle my mind enough to sleep if not for this game though.

Kindekuma

Banned
No I cannot.

The cut in the outfit for the legs is higher up on the waist. The metallic band around her thigh instead of going horizontally across the leg is angled up. Also the breast plate design for the metal corset like thing has a different design to it.

EDIT: Oh wait a comparison image was posted and I didn't see it lol

ChrisD

Yikes, Chapter 12 was not planned well at all! That cameraaaa. I'm pretty sure without objective markers a lot of people would just... Quit there.

THANKFULLY

Objective markers are a thing, and all you've really gotta' do is follow it along.

Love seeing all the
old locales again, hearing Pleajune's
theme -- is it remixed or remastered btw? -- made my face break into a smile.

It's got me a bit... Hmm.. Not sure the word for it. I feel like I should have replayed the first game so that all these characters were still in my mind, because I'd entirely forgotten about pretty much everyone but
Gad.
But then, it's also REALLY neat for me because I want to say it was three years ago that I played GR1. Or in other words,
the exact amount of time that passed in Hekseville!

Spoilered stuff up there that I'm not actually sure is a spoiler, but just in case.

Baliis

This game took a really crazy turn real fast. That boss was
pure nightmare fuel, holy shit
. I went from kinda getting bored of the game to holy shit why do I have to work tomorrow wanna play more.

Baalzebup

Trying to do some more alphabet deciphering and I need to find the clock in this photo:

http://kamikouryaku.com/gravitydaze2/map/c5_03b.jpg

Anyone know where it is?

One of the eastern Marketplace islands, nearer to the docks. IIRC it's near the manhole but don't count me on that.
Yup, it is quite literally right next to and above one of the manholes in Lei Colmosna. Either the one on the island where Banga settlement is docked, or the one to the east of that one.

Dunan

One of the eastern Marketplace islands, nearer to the docks. IIRC it's near the manhole but don't count me on that.

Yup, it is quite literally right next to and above one of the manholes in Lei Colmosna. Either the one on the island where Banga settlement is docked, or the one to the east of that one.

Perfect; I need to find a way to go there now. (My save files are both in
glorious, nostalgic Hekseville
.)

Seeing that clock up close is going to confirm the Jirga Para Lhao letters C and L, plus all ten digits. I can now read every letter except Q, X, and G. All those street signs in Jirga Para Lhao... we're going to be able to read those.

Baalzebup

Perfect; I need to find a way to go there now. (My save files are both in
glorious, nostalgic Hekseville
.)

Seeing that clock up close is going to confirm the Jirga Para Lhao letters C and L, plus all ten digits. I can now read every letter except Q, X, and G. All those street signs in Jirga Para Lhao... we're going to be able to read those.
When you have the opportunity, could you take a look at this thing as well? I can provide the exact location when and if you need it.

black070

Are the camera issues really that bad in episode 12 ? I didn't have any more trouble then usual and honestly had a blast with it - my girlfriend caught glimpses of the
sliding
section and the part where the
building is closing in
and was really impressed.

Milijango

Are the camera issues really that bad in episode 12 ? I didn't have any more trouble then usual and honestly had a blast with it - my girlfriend caught glimpses of the
sliding
building is closing in

They were pretty crazy in my playthrough. I think if you led Kat hit a wall while she's shifting gravity the camera has a chance of going inside the wall, which happened often as I tried to turn a corner. I got turned around pretty badly and kept losing track of the direction of gravity.

I have a feeling that if you don't do much sliding and avoid setting Kat down at all in corners and junctions you'll have a decent experience.

The mandatory sliding section was fine.

So yeah I'm doing that Shadows on Shadows quest now and it's trash.

I can't figure out what path they expect me to take after taking the first picture.

Can't go back up the hole you took down, can't go up the stairs because a ship is sitting above them, can't go out and climb the wall because there's ships there too.

Edit: Alright just went up the wall and was super careful about the ships. Who knows if that's what was intended though.

silva1991

sliding
building is closing in

Is that where I get Jupiter style? then yes it's very bad. That place requires alot of charge move/sliding and those two abilities aren't designed well for small and tight places.

Fireblend

Banned
Is there any reason I should do the challenge missions (like the timed battle challenge) as soon as they're available? Seems to me like I should probably get some upgrades and levels before I tackle them - tried the timed battle one and barely got the "bronze" medal.

Is there any reason I should do the challenge missions (like the timed battle challenge) as soon as they're available? Seems to me like I should probably get some upgrades and levels before I tackle them - tried the timed battle one and barely got the "bronze" medal.

You get a lot of gems to upgrade Kat with. Gold is definitely doable when they first come up, I usually have a lot of time to spare on many of them. Of course playing them later in the game will be even easier, but your combat encounters may be harder as you are getting less upgrades and talismans.

muteki

Going back after a few days and my dusty coins are up to 100, progress lol.

I'm wondering if your pictures show up where you take them for people to rate, if instead of finding cool way-out places to take pictures if I should just take them in the more obvious high traffic areas.

Ferr986

Honestly, 'im skipping all the challenges for now. Timed challenges usually stress me out lol (even though I gold'ed them all in Remastered).

I didn't even know they give you talismas, I thought it was gems only.

void666

Banned
What a beautiful game. The vistas and kat's animations are breathtaking.
Also, i can't remember a game with a better "free falling" feeling.

I'm not very happy with forced stealth and tailing missions though. Like wtf, it's a game about shifting gravity and doing crazy stuff. But every other mission seems to be about being glued to the ground taking pictures. Try something different: SPOTTED.

Dunan

Here! An Imgur gallery with the location of the gravestone and the clock you mentioned before, as well as a bunch of pictures of both.

Perfect! I found the clock - suddenly I reached a point where the game would let me redo old missions, so I picked 5 and ignored the real goal and flew out there. Got a picture just like yours. Now we know all the numbers! They go in the same direction as our clocks, and seem to be inspired by both Western and Japanese numerals. Now to go back into town and check out more signs!

The lettering below the clock's face seems to say KCLC TA?, where ? is a letter I'm not sure of yet, but could be W or G. "Great Clock"?

And now for your grave photo: yes, interesting stuff is hiding here!

The leftmost symbol on the top is on the PS2 Siren box and also on the church spire in GR1. Not sure about the other two.

And the bottom part is a shout out to a colleague from Siren. If my letter analysis is correct -- and this inscription proves that it is -- it says, from left to right with no skipped letters, IN MEMORY OF / NORIHIKO TAKAMI.

He seems to have worked on Siren: Blood Curse in 2008. I hope he isn't really dead!

What a beautiful game. The vistas and kat's animations are breathtaking.
Also, i can't remember a game with a better "free falling" feeling.

I'm not very happy with forced stealth and tailing missions though. Like wtf, it's a game about shifting gravity and doing crazy stuff. But every other mission seems to be about being glued to the ground taking pictures. Try something different: SPOTTED.
Yep, agreed.

What's the best way to rocket jump from building to building? I have done it a few times but am inconsistent at it.

Also rocket jumping while shifting straight up in the air is amazing. I love this game!

Shin-Ra

What's the best way to rocket jump from building to building? I have done it a few times but am inconsistent at it.

Also rocket jumping while shifting straight up in the air is amazing. I love this game!
Run towards the edge, let go of the left stick briefly then press l-stick forward and X at the same time.

sliding
building is closing in

Worst than FFXV and TLG combined but I forgive it, game is great fun.

As someone who never finished the first GR on the Vita and didn't bother with the remaster.....running this on the Pro with a 4k monitor is an amazing experience. This game is BEAUTIFUL. The controls took a bit to get used to and could use some tightening up in terms of Kat's movement but you get used to it. Every other game I'm playing is put on hold right now. I need dive DEEP into this game!

Are there any specific abilities one should focus on first when spending gems on Kat?

LotusHD

Banned
As someone who never finished the first GR on the Vita and didn't bother with the remaster.....running this on the Pro with a 4k monitor is an amazing experience. This game is BEAUTIFUL. The controls took a bit to get used to and could use some tightening up in terms of Kat's movement but you get used to it. Every other game I'm playing is put on hold right now. I need dive DEEP into this game!

Are there any specific abilities one should focus on first when spending gems on Kat?

Be able to grab 3-4 objects with the Stasis Field I guess.

Y'know, I posted a fair bit in the hype thread, and I've barely posted in here. Why? Because I feel like I've done nothing still hah! I swear, I've played a good session every day since the game came out and I'm only aaaaat chpt. 7, I think? Every time I play, I start with the intention of focusing on getting a few story missions out the way but then a side quest pops up, I spot a trial, maybe an online treasure hunt....next thing I know 2 hours are up and I need to go do something X.X haha. Having a good time though, it really is an incredible sequel. It's weird because it doesn't feel like they messed with the formula too much but just everything in every aspect is refined and improved to feel fresh. Glad
raven is back
, barely anything I've done seems to have hooked into the first game yet, maybe that'll crop up more now.

Run towards the edge, let go of the left stick briefly then press l-stick forward and X at the same time.

Sorry should have been clearer. I mean you are rocket jumping and are approaching a wall, how do you fluidly rocket jump off that wall? Basically rocket jump out of a rocket jump?

Sorry should have been clearer. I mean you are rocket jumping and are approaching a wall, how do you fluidly rocket jump off that wall? Basically rocket jump out of a rocket jump?

Just perform the rocket jump motion again as you are near the wall. When you're near a wall, you can jump as if you're on the ground.

Trago

Aaaand that's Gravity Rush 2.

Damn good game to start the year off with. I must say, between this and The Last Guardian, I'm absolutely loving Sony's first party output from Japan Studio.

The music and atmosphere was top notch. Mission structure was basic but worked, and the side missions were meaty enough to be satisfying.

Here's to the next Japan Studio game.

Aaaand that's Gravity Rush 2.

Damn good game to start the year off with. I must say, between this and The Last Guardian, I'm absolutely loving Sony's first party output from Japan Studio.

The music and atmosphere was top notch. Mission structure was basic but worked, and the side missions were meaty enough to be satisfying.

Here's to the next Japan Studio game.

Totally agree! Japan is making the greatest games so far, The Last Guardian, Bloodborne, Dark Souls III, Gravity Rush 2, Nioh? I just need my fix of JRPG (Persona 5, Ni No Kuni II, Dragon Quest XI) and I'm done.

That reminds me, is there no way to upgrade fall speed or gravity shift duration in this game? Or has that moved into Talismans?

Not sure I like the simpler upgrade categories compared to the first.
It is automatically upgraded through the game as you complete side missions and what not. I prefer how it was in the first game too.

Totally agree! Japan is making the greatest games so far, The Last Guardian, Bloodborne, Dark Souls III, Gravity Rush 2, Nioh? I just need my fix of JRPG (Persona 5, Ni No Kuni II, Dragon Quest XI) and I'm done.
Yep, Sony Japan is my favorite studio this gen.

Top Bottom