• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gravity Rush 2 |OT| Mewton's Law of Gravity

Prototype

Might sound stupid, but how do you replay missions? From the menu it just says Ive already competed it and doesn't give the option to replay.

Number45

I've only found about three manholes. :(
Was playing last night and realised what a ball ache it was to get between some of the districts so I'm making a point of finding at least one per area (where it exists anyway, I don't think there's one in the council/military areas) to smooth that over.

Was playing last night and realised what a ball ache it was to get between some of the districts so I'm making a point of finding at least one per area (where it exists anyway, I don't think there's one in the council/military areas) to smooth that over.

There is at least one hole per section on the map.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Anyone having a hard time downloading the soundtrack that came as a pre order bonus?
Via the PS4 store? I had it stall on me once on Sunday, I just had to tell the system to try again and it was successful.

Baalzebup

Perfect! I found the clock - suddenly I reached a point where the game would let me redo old missions, so I picked 5 and ignored the real goal and flew out there. Got a picture just like yours. Now we know all the numbers! They go in the same direction as our clocks, and seem to be inspired by both Western and Japanese numerals. Now to go back into town and check out more signs!

The lettering below the clock's face seems to say KCLC TA?, where ? is a letter I'm not sure of yet, but could be W or G. "Great Clock"?

And now for your grave photo: yes, interesting stuff is hiding here!

The leftmost symbol on the top is on the PS2 Siren box and also on the church spire in GR1. Not sure about the other two.

And the bottom part is a shout out to a colleague from Siren. If my letter analysis is correct -- and this inscription proves that it is -- it says, from left to right with no skipped letters, IN MEMORY OF / NORIHIKO TAKAMI.

He seems to have worked on Siren: Blood Curse in 2008. I hope he isn't really dead!
Righty. The scissors is for Puppeteer, another game he worked on. And I guess the Apple would be for GR2.
Might sound stupid, but how do you replay missions? From the menu it just says Ive already competed it and doesn't give the option to replay.
It is an option when you get access to Kats Hobo-hole, AKA the pipe house and can only be done from there as far as I know.

Jigolo

Via the PS4 store? I had it stall on me once on Sunday, I just had to tell the system to try again and it was successful.

Yeah I was getting an error initially but soon after I posted that it automatically started to download.

Can't wait to start the game soon. Big fan of the first. Beaten on the Vita and then on PS4. Looking forward to this.

SlickVic

Never played the original, but reading this thread and some of the reviews made go ahead and pick this up with some Best Buy credit I head. Looking forward to playing it tonight.

maouvin

Online servers will be down for maintenance until early next week, @Playstation tweeted.

What does this affect? Challenges, treasure hunts, photo review, gravity anomalies, ok. Anything else?

Lamest thing happened during a treasure hunt:

I went to take a picture and choose whether to upload it or not, but before I could, it said the server was down for maintenance and couldn't be uploaded. Nothing uploaded and the treasure is gone. I uploaded an earlier save and the treasure is no longer there.

Ferr986

Online servers will be down for maintenance until early next week, @Playstation tweeted.

What does this affect? Challenges, treasure hunts, photo review, gravity anomalies, ok. Anything else?

I guess that's it but damn, that's a long maintenance.

I thought that was awfully long for a PSN-wide maintenance then I looked at the tweet and saw it's only Gravity Rush 2. What the heck happened that means it'll be down all weekend, literally the second since the game came out?

I guess I should hold off on doing any challenges because scores won't upload to the leaderboard either. Ugh.

I went to take a picture and choose whether to upload it or not, but before I could, it said the server was down for maintenance and couldn't be uploaded. Nothing uploaded and the treasure is gone. I uploaded an earlier save and the treasure is no longer there.

Hopefully the treasure will be back when the server is.

I sort of wonder if this happened to me last night too. I received an incoming treasure hunt, selected it, and then got taken to a black screen. If I mashed on the d-pad or some of the buttons, I could hear UI sounds implying I was interacting with menus or something, but nothing ever appeared on screen unless I hit the PS button to jump to the XMB and then back into the game, where I got the pause menu (the base one with just a "Resume" option, not the full menu with announcements, power up, etc.). Had to reboot the game, and when I got back the treasure hunt was gone.

Not sure I was going to have enough time to finish the game this weekend anyways, but I would've liked to score some more Dusty Tokens at least. Sucks.

Boo -- I've been enjoying the game since it released, but now I've gotta put it on the back-burner until the servers are back up. Half the fun is the random treasure hunts/challenges that come in while you're playing.

How else am I supposed to get all those Dusty Tokens?

muteki

Was really starting to enjoy the treasure hunts last night too, even though most people can't take hint pictures for shit.

I'm only on episode ~9 or so though, so plenty to do otherwise through the weekend.

Shin-Ra

That reminds me, is there no way to upgrade fall speed or gravity shift duration in this game? Or has that moved into Talismans?

Not sure I like the simpler upgrade categories compared to the first.
Fall speed has moved to gravity styles.

Lunar = fall slowly
Normal = fall normally
Jupiter = fall quickly

All can still be sped further with X.

this kid bout to get it
C3NBrx1WcAA_kId.jpg

muteki

Fall speed has moved to gravity styles.

Lunar = fall slowly
Normal = fall normally
Jupiter = fall quickly

All can still be sped further with X.

Hmm, I don't have any new styles yet. So will normal always fall at the same speed for the duration of the game?

Everything being so far away compared to first game makes me really impatient.

Milijango

Good to see all the fresh faces - looks like I'll still have people to talk about the game with, slow as I am.

Clearly they saw Kawaii_Agro unlocked every reward and are now doubling the requirements :p

Hmm, I don't have any new styles yet. So will normal always fall at the same speed for the duration of the game?

I think normal fall speed is fixed, though health and gravity gauge capacity increases as you do more missions (optional and main). Even so it's still fast, probably equivalent to the fully upgraded shift speed in GR1.

Arklite

Who needs the X button when you can just gravity kick your way across the skies

Infinite spiral kick
is the next generation of flight travel.
Finished up yesterday, the final encounters were such Bayenetta levels of crazy that it made me wish there was just a touch more depth to the combat. Still, fisticuffing with Jupiter mode was satisfying.

Sorry bros, got carried away with details.

Think so, yes. Each gravity type has a certain speed when sliding and shifting.

However, with the multiple styles plus manholes to discover, you'll have no problems traveling however you'd like as the game progresses.

Baalzebup

Sigh, spoiler tag your spoilery shit, people.
I completely agree, some of y'all are getting a bit slack lol. That being said, it helps when you point out who you're talking about.
I prefer to do so via PMs so as to not draw attention to said material. Pointing out individual spoilers can be counter-productive.

LotusHD

Banned
Sigh, spoiler tag your spoilery shit, people.

I completely agree, some of y'all are getting a bit slack lol. That being said, it helps when you point out who you're talking about.

---

So I don't know about y'all, but I'm starting to warm up to the game's box art. Not that I particularly disliked it or anything, but for a game that's titled "Gravity Rush 2", it's slightly lame that the cover didn't do a better job of illustrating that you get to control gravity, like the Vita cover did.

Milijango

So I don't know about y'all, but I'm starting to warm up to the game's box art. Not that I particularly disliked it or anything, but for a game that's titled "Gravity Rush 2", it's slightly lame that the cover didn't do a better job of illustrating that you get to control gravity, like the Vita cover did.

True, but it's still the best boxart I have in my PS4 collection.

The Japanese version puts the title vertically which I much prefer.

The European one isn't. Even though when I look online, for instance on Amazon UK, I only see the variant with the vertical text. But my box has the text horizontally at least.

So Europe has no problem flipping their Twitter account upside down but won't do titles rotated 90 degrees on box art? Weird.

Ferr986

So Europe has no problem flipping their Twitter account upside down but won't do titles rotated 90 degrees on box art? Weird.

lol

But it's more about Sony Europe having the need to mess with Gravity Rush box art.

I mean, you guys in the US had a limited physical edition but atleast you got the original box art, meanwhile us...

162273-L-LO.jpg

Yes, the PSVita thingy its on the box

Top Bottom