• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gravity Rush 2 |OT| Mewton's Law of Gravity

Ferr986

Ch.20 spoilers
why the fuck I have to fight against Yunica when I agree with her?
Angels sisters are assholes, especially Kali, who keeps attacking me while I'm defending her stupid sister.

Wish I could choice sides here.

EDIT:
WTF LOL deformed Kali

burgerdog

So I triggered mission 21 and it's now in my mission list but selecting it doesn't do anything. There isn't a main mission marker on the map either.

Just started Episode 20. Episode 19 spoilers:

I was not expecting a new power at all. That was some wackiness right there with the panther mode. xD~~

AwShucks

Entire game spoiler question
the credits rolled. I got the Hekseville trophy. The game doesn't feel like it's over because of the stuff during credits and shiny lady. But there is no story mission. Do I just do the related dialogue icons to progress it?

Entire game spoiler question
the credits rolled. I got the Hekseville trophy. The game doesn't feel like it's over because of the stuff during credits and shiny lady. But there is no story mission. Do I just do the related dialogue icons to progress it?
Yup, dialogue is the way to proceed.

wouwie

I'm bad at this game (just as in GR1 but even worse). Whenever it really matters (during a mission, fighting enemies, time challenges,...), the controls/camera and the way i play never feel smooth or good. The amount of times i just fly past a target instead of hitting it, is just ridiculous. Also, there's little to no variety in the way i play combat (i forgot every combat trick i learned in the lunar style section) and i never feel like i'm in control of what i do or that there is any skill involved. I've never been satisfied of how i approached or won a particular battle. I'd love to see some videos of someone skilled playing this game as it is supposed to be played, in a smooth way. It's a shame because i would enjoy it a lot more otherwise.

N° 2048

I'm bad at this game (just as in GR1 but even worse). Whenever it really matters (during a mission, fighting enemies, time challenges,...), the controls/camera and the way i play never feel smooth or good. The amount of times i just fly past a target instead of hitting it, is just ridiculous. Also, there's little to no variety in the way i play combat (i forgot every combat trick i learned in the lunar style section) and i never feel like i'm in control of what i do or that there is any skill involved. I've never been satisfied of how i approached or won a particular battle. I'd love to see some videos of someone skilled playing this game as it is supposed to be played, in a smooth way. It's a shame because i would enjoy it a lot more otherwise.

I don't know why this game doesn't have a lock-on feature. It would be so much better for combat.

Wait wait, just finished Episode 20. Someone help me out here:

Just got to "Final Chapter: Eto." So despite the credits, the game's not actually over? Just saw some bright woman.

I have to mention we'll finally find out who Alias was this whole time during this thing.

D

Deleted member 518609

Unconfirmed Member
Wait wait, just finished Episode 20. Someone help me out here:

Just got to "Final Chapter: Eto." So despite the credits, the game's not actually over? Just saw some bright woman.

I have to mention we'll finally find out who Alias was this whole time during this thing.

You have to talk to that bright woman to trigger the next story events. She'll show up on your map as "Shining Woman" I believe.

ironmang

Thinking about dropping this game mid Episode 11. Just not feeling it. The stealth missions are awful and the rest just aren't much better and feel like they drag on forever. Combat isn't fun and the ore grind to get upgrades is insane. If some upgrades require 20k+ ores I shouldn't need to collect those in mostly increments of 1 and 10. I thought I liked the first on Vita but I think that was more me loving the Vita lol. The characters are great and it's pretty but I still feel let down especially with all those positive reviews.

N° 2048

Thinking about dropping this game mid Episode 11. Just not feeling it. The stealth missions are awful and the rest just aren't much better and feel like they drag on forever. Combat isn't fun and the ore grind to get upgrades is insane. If some upgrades require 20k+ ores I shouldn't need to collect those in mostly increments of 1 and 10. I thought I liked the first on Vita but I think that was more me loving the Vita lol. The characters are great and it's pretty but I still feel let down especially with all those positive reviews.

Why there's stealth in this game is beyond me. I'm on Episode 11 and hope there isn't any more in the main quest.
One of my most anticipated titles this year and my experience is dampened by a stupid decision.

Still love the world, characters and almost everything about the game but fuuuu stealth.

Alucrid

Banned

you have like...30 hours to get the gems and they come from missions where you mine, gems you collect around the cities, completing treasure hunts and golding challenges. of course you're going to hate the game if you plan on spending hours trying to grind for upgrades by doing one thing.

ironmang

you have like...30 hours to get the gems and they come from missions where you mine, gems you collect around the cities, completing treasure hunts and golding challenges. of course you're going to hate the game if you plan on spending hours trying to grind for upgrades by doing one thing.

I've barely gotten any ores from missions though. Mining was almost all 1s. I wouldn't mind it if they lowered the numbers required so it felt like picking up every ore was meaningful instead of clearing out a huge pile of them and only getting 32 out of the thousands it takes to upgrade lol. Most of the upgrades don't even seem terribly different. Like upgrading amount of air kicks or stasis objects held. Something that would be better as a natural progression just by playing through the main story with some side exploring.

Alucrid

Banned
I've barely gotten any ores from missions though. Mining was almost all 1s. I wouldn't mind it if they lowered the numbers required so it felt like picking up every ore was meaningful instead of clearing out a huge pile of them and only getting 32 out of the thousands it takes to upgrade lol.

okay...you can easily rack with thousands by exploring the cities and getting the 1, 10 and 50 gems. you get hundreds each from challenges. if you want to keep trying to mine 80000 gems, feel free.

ironmang

okay...you can easily rack with thousands by exploring the cities and getting the 1, 10 and 50 gems. you get hundreds each from challenges. if you want to keep trying to mine 80000 gems, feel free.

Huh? I wasn't trying to mine 80000 gems, I just said I tried mining. I spent a while flying around picking up gems and really didn't get very far. Just seems like a poor system I'll leave it at that. Too much effort for not a lot of payoff.

Alucrid

Banned
Huh? I wasn't trying to mine 80000 gems, I just said I tried mining. I spent a while flying around picking up gems and really didn't get very far. Just seems like a poor system I'll leave it at that. Too much effort for not a lot of payoff.

no upgrade costs 20k. 20k is the total cost for every upgrade in the entire tree.

I've barely gotten any ores from missions though. Mining was almost all 1s. I wouldn't mind it if they lowered the numbers required so it felt like picking up every ore was meaningful instead of clearing out a huge pile of them and only getting 32 out of the thousands it takes to upgrade lol. Most of the upgrades don't even seem terribly different. Like upgrading amount of air kicks or stasis objects held. Something that would be better as a natural progression just by playing through the main story with some side exploring.
One, I've been almost completely ignoring the upgrades. As others have said, they're largely not needed once you've gotten stasis field to the point it can carry 4 or so objects. I'm at chapter 15 and I think I'm sitting on 30k gems that I never do anything with. I've gone mining maybe three times.

Two, you're not even far enough into the game to have Jupiter style. I think you're passing judgement on it a little too early, especially if you're fixated on mining when you really shouldn't be.

Three, again, as pointed out recently, the upgrades show you how much it costs to get to that point, including the cost of everything you'd have to get along the way. None of the upgrades are actually all that expensive on their own.

I'll try to help:

1) Stealth missions admittedly aren't good. I don't mind tailing someone, honestly. But the insta-fail ones shouldn't be in the game.
2) That said, don't worry about the ore so much. There's tons of ore lying around every area you can visit, plus the time trials, plus the mining. By the time I finished Episode 20 (and there's still story left), I had a lot upgraded. Maybe I'll screenshot my upgrade progress later. Your upgrades overall will be gradual, so don't fret if you feel behind.
3) There are still other gameplay elements you haven't gotten.
4) There are still areas you've yet to explore.
5) I liken this game to Sonic in the sense that the game gives you a lot of tools to experiment. In Sonic, you could play like a normal platformer and be extra cautious, but you have the ability to speed dash, jump off of large areas, and just go nuts if you want, and that's where a lot of the fun is.
6) There isn't any upgrade that requires 20,000 ore. The game is telling you that you need 20,000 to reach the end of the upgrade list. It looked helpless at first, but once I realized that I need 20,000 to get there, and not 3000 for one upgrade, 7000 for the next, 15,000 for the next, and 20,000 for the last, I realized that I'd have no problems getting ore as long as I explored and progressed with the story.

Did you read the reviews or did you just go by the score, btw? Because it was easy for me to see why it scored well once I read the reviews, but some people naturally see 80+ for a game or 90+ for a game and get excited.

ironmang

You can beat the game without any upgrade anyways. Game is easy.

Ya I'm likely just going to ignore it from now on. Would have been fun to feel more powerful as I progress through the story but it's just too much of a grind.

I'll probably finish the main story since I hate dropping games halfway through but then it's off to gamestop

no upgrade costs 20k. 20k is the total cost for every upgrade in the entire tree.

I felt like I was flying around for a solid hour and maybe got 2-3k gems. Was just going straight for them too. Still seems like a lot of work to max a tree.

One, I've been almost completely ignoring the upgrades. As others have said, they're largely not needed once you've gotten stasis field to the point it can carry 4 or so objects. I'm at chapter 15 and I think I'm sitting on 30k gems that I never do anything with. I've gone mining maybe three times.

Two, you're not even far enough into the game to have Jupiter style. I think you're passing judgement on it a little too early, especially if you're fixated on mining when you really shouldn't be.

I think it's you guys fixated on mining lol. I literally tried it for 5 minutes until I realized I was getting all 1s.

Did you read the reviews or did you just go by the score, btw? Because it was easy for me to see why it scored well once I read the reviews, but some people naturally see 80+ for a game or 90+ for a game and get excited.

I skimmed several but they all seemed to love it and said it was much better than the first which I thought I remembered liking.

I felt like I was flying around for a solid hour and maybe got 2-3k gems. Was just going straight for them too. Still seems like a lot of work to max a tree.

At Ch. 11, you're not going to max out any trees, so don't worry about it. You'll get it while encountering them through story missions, side missions, exploration and mining for talismans.

Dunan

Thinking about dropping this game mid Episode 11. Just not feeling it.

I thought I liked the first on Vita but I think that was more me loving the Vita lol. The characters are great and it's pretty but I still feel let down especially with all those positive reviews.

If you liked GR1, I implore you to stick with this game at least through the end of Chapter 12 (a difficult, camera-straining, combat-containing chapter that will also strain your patience), because you'll be in for a very pleasant surprise if you stick with it past that point!

Grisby

Just hit chapter 3. Feels like a buckle up m'fer moment.

Herk got some new additions.

I liked the idea of episode 12, but the camera got pretty whacked out which wasn't fun.

black070

I think that's the reason it's a nonissue really, there's nothing game changing locked behind gems - just ease of use for all the powers. I got through the entirety of the game with like 23% upgraded according to the stats.

ironmang

I think that's the reason it's a nonissue really, there's nothing game changing locked behind gems - just ease of use for all the powers. I got through the entirety of the game with like 23% upgraded according to the stats.

Eh, my opinion on it is pretty set in stone. I like getting stronger without the need for grinding. Like I'd like to be able to string together 6 kicks or whatever without spending 5 hours flying around picking up pennies. Nonissue for you, definitely not for me.

black070

Eh, my opinion on it is pretty set in stone. I like getting stronger without the need for grinding. Like I'd like to be able to string together 6 kicks or whatever without spending 5 hours flying around picking up pennies. Nonissue for you, definitely not for me.

Isn't that every RPG ever though ?

You seem really fixated on the tree as if it's actually the major source of progression. It's not; levelups are actually what improve things like shifting, hp/sp, etc, and those are tied to your story progression and not in the skill tree. This game has no grind unless you want it to be a grind.

I've also tried to point out that gems aren't nearly as hard to come by as you get later into the game. I don't go through much effort to hunt down gems, and as I said before, I still ended up with a stockpile of 30k+ (enough to max the gravity kick tree if I really wanted to) without really trying. Up until last night I've only been doing as much mining as the sidequests ask you to do (though I'm finding the mining trench a lot of fun now that I seem to have unlocked access to it).

But hey, if your mind is set, don't let facts get in the way, I guess.

Top Bottom