• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gravity Rush 2 |OT| Mewton's Law of Gravity

Eh, my opinion on it is pretty set in stone. I like getting stronger without the need for grinding. Like I'd like to be able to string together 6 kicks or whatever without spending 5 hours flying around picking up pennies. Nonissue for you, definitely not for me.

Protip: the majority of the gems you'll get during the game don't come from the random gems floating around anyways. Getting gold in some challenges can net you 1600 gems (and I think more, because I think you also get the rewards for silver and bronze? so potentially close to 3000 gems). Unless you absolutely must have every single power unlocked before the end of the game, you really don't need to "grind" for gems by flying around and finding them around the world. The game certainly doesn't require it of you and in fact it's quite easy to forget to upgrade things because you simply don't need them, especially with the right talismans. You want to be able to string together 6 kicks in a row, for example? I got a talisman really early in the game that let me do infinite combos.

(second protip: you know there are large gem pickups that give you 100, right? they're not exactly rare either)

Mediking

Literally just started a few minutes ago. Man, I really hope Gravity Rush continues in some form because this is just so cool. I loved the Remaster on PS4 and I can already tell I'm gonna love the sequel.

The presentation is really good too!

lol, finished a subquest with
helping Eugie stop Aujean from getting into any bars. Right after the subquest finishes, they walk away, ostensibly to go home... but if you follow them out, mid-walk Aujean breaks away and runs into a bar anyway.
lol

DylanEno

Finished the game and man...

That ending... I need some emotional support. I can't get that song out of my head and I feel like crying UGHHHHH WHYYYYY MUST IT BE OVER ;___;

Very bummed this will likely be the last in the series but it was a strong exit. So much better than the first.

helping Eugie stop Aujean from getting into any bars. Right after the subquest finishes, they walk away, ostensibly to go home... but if you follow them out, mid-walk Aujean breaks away and runs into a bar anyway.
lol

Watch out for a particular conversation icon later in the game for an extra little epilogue.

Unknown?

Finished the game and man...

That ending... I need some emotional support. I can't get that song out of my head and I feel like crying UGHHHHH WHYYYYY MUST IT BE OVER ;___;

Very bummed this will likely be the last in the series but it was a strong exit. So much better than the first.
Still haven't finished it but yeah MUCH better than the first. Hope it didn't cause the team to go into the red... Hope it sold enough to recoup the cost to make it!

ricelord

Are the event in the mines random?Also are the big navis in the mines the rare ones or do i have to look around for them like the first game.

Trying to plat the game soon so i can start RE 7.

Ferr986

lol

ahh, I totally missed that :(

Baalzebup

Are the event in the mines random?Also are the big navis in the mines the rare ones or do i have to look around for them like the first game.

Trying to plat the game soon so i can start RE 7.
The events are seemingly random, but I think they might be somehow connected to the system clock, as they seemingly start and end independent of your actual playing time. And no, the big Scythe-arm Nevi you see when you get reports of anomalous gravitational activity or w/e are not the rare nevi. The rare nevi are genuinely rare bastards who pop from the ore bubbles seemingly by random. You'll know when you see one, as they are distinctly green and their offensive output is through the roof compared to most Nevi organisms. That scythe-armed bugger ain't got nothing on the rare Nevi on pure DPS. The rare Nevi have nothing to do with the trophies though.

Still haven't finished it but yeah MUCH better than the first. Hope it didn't cause the team to go into the red... Hope it sold enough to recoup the cost to make it!

I believe team gravity is one of the internal teams at Japan studio, so even if the game does terribly, they shouldn't be affected.

Eblo

Beat the game today. What a final rush. I don't know how I feel about the ending. I feel so numb and empty now that my journey with this game and its sidequests has concluded. That only happens when I pour many hours into a game I really love, so that's a good sign.

I can't wait for the Raven DLC in March.

LotusHD

Banned
lol

I fucking died lmao

The side mission was already depressing enough, then that suddenly happens and I just burst out laughing. It's not the only time a side mission ends with someone sprinting off like that either.

LotusHD

Banned
I just did the schoolgirls side quests
really Kat, you end up doing the ritual too? how about learning what the word NO means?lol

Choe!

I'm surprised we're talking so much about Kat's design when Raven exists. I'm fairly certain her outfit defies physics, but then again, she is a gravity shifter.

(I get it, with Kat being front and centre).

Like you said, Kat's the star, not Raven. If Raven was the main character, we'd likely be having a very different conversation, even if she had the exact same personality as Kat. That being said, I like her design a lot and think it's a good fit for this fantastical setting Gravity Rush has, but at the same time, I don't necessarily consider it a hill worth dying on, as opposed to Kat who is much easier to defend imo. Regardless, Raven also is probably benefited by the fact that she gets balanced out by characters like Lisa and Cecie. Where it's like yea, the gravity shifters (and I guess Kali) have outfits that may draw concern, but there is other character designs in the game that you would be hard-pressed to complain about. It accommodates everyone from my perspective.

But hey, maybe someone will really get into it once Raven's DLC comes out.

Yeah, the police training missions were actually a lot of fun. My biggest complaints are the stealth missions -- not necessarily tailing someone (you can use your powers for that, and they help quite a bit, plus there's that one sidequest where you're tailing this guy to see if he's cheating on someone and
you have to quiet that couple down who are calling for you to take their picture. It was just so hilarious that they were doing that.
-- but the "pick the path that doesn't insta-fail you." Boo.

The rest is so fun.

What I found hilarious is that it actually let you use your finisher move to break into the apartment to try and catch the guy in the act lmao

Choe!

DylanEno

Beat the game today. What a final rush. I don't know how I feel about the ending. I feel so numb and empty now that my journey with this game and its sidequests has concluded. That only happens when I pour many hours into a game I really love, so that's a good sign.

I can't wait for the Raven DLC in March.
I feel exactly the same. And the music, the spectacle, the characters - they nailed everything so well that I'm now a miserable mess knowing that it's finally all over.

Thank goodness for that dlc

RangerBAD

So I got the Gem Hunter trophy, but, as I feared, it wasn't enough for all of Kat's abilities. What's the quickest way to farm? I can't seem to get much mining because there's always Limited Ore.

LotusHD

Banned
I feel exactly the same. And the music, the spectacle, the characters - they nailed everything so well that I'm now a miserable mess knowing that it's finally all over.

Thank goodness for that dlc

Imagine if we get additional DLC. At the very least, I think that there's one additional costume (not the Phantasy Star one) that has yet to be revealed at all, so maybe there's something more to that.
Please be 2B-related...

So I got the Gem Hunter trophy, but, as I feared, it wasn't enough for all of Kat's abilities. What's the quickest way to farm? I can't seem to get much mining because there's always Limited Ore.

I've heard repeatedly that apparently Mission 19 is great for this?

DylanEno

Imagine if we get additional DLC. At the very least, I think that there's one additional costume (not the Phantasy Star one) that has yet to be revealed at all, so maybe there's something more to that.
Please be 2B-related...
That would be so amazing

The more costumes the better - I still gotta grind out all those thousands of dusty tokens for 100% completion..,

RangerBAD

Please be 2B-related...

I guess that's the most straightforward way.

Nydius

Speaking of music, random question for GAF. I would like to support the brilliant work by Kohei Tanaka by purchasing (well, preordering) the complete OST. I only know of CD Japan and Play-Asia as places to order, what other stores are out there or, more specifically, are there any stores that GAF recommends more than others?

Please be 2B-related...

You can get approx 2.5k gems by doing Mission 19 up to
the first multiverse Kat battle
. Back out and repeat. But holy hell it's mindnumbing. Since I'm not personally a platinum trophy hunter, I think I'm just going to pass on the 60K gems and the full upgrade. As others have pointed out, Talismans frequently make upgrading less necessary anyway. I had a Talisman that boosted my stasis field capacity to 6 before I even had 10 hours played, iirc.

As for costumes, I was really hoping there would be a
multiverse Kat red Shifter 2.0
unlock.

burgerdog

These stone tablet sections are the most useless game padding devices in this game. The game is already long enough as it is, they are so unnecessary.

Kindekuma

Banned
These stone tablet sections are the most useless game padding devices in this game. The game is already long enough as it is, they are so unnecessary.

You must quote this post to move on.

/s

It is kind of unnecessary, I'll admit that. The hands look cool as hell though!

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Woot woot! Delvool layer 20 cleared and I'm pushing on.
How does this work? I found myself in layer 1 once, and didn't see a way to do anything besides exit after a bit of mining and enemy killing.

miku

Free PSO2 costume coming out next week 2/2 in Japan. Coming to the west too, but no release date yet

C3Q7ma6UoAIOcS8.jpg:orig

Milijango

How's the sales been like for the squeal? Cause I hope we get another one.

It tanked in its first UK week (debuting at #16) and probably was a misfire in the US as well. It had a good start in Japan though and beat predictions.

I wouldn't get my hopes up for a strong worldwide performance.

How does this work? I found myself in layer 1 once, and didn't see a way to do anything besides exit after a bit of mining and enemy killing.
The flow on the trench is:

Kill all enemies. They spawn in groups at fixed locations (use the map, it works here)

Once done, both the exit lift and a stone tablet will spawn. To go deeper, you need to find and activate the stone tablet, then clear the objective it gives you.

Once the objective is complete a gravity storm spawns to take you to the next level.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
The flow on the trench is:

Kill all enemies. They spawn in groups at fixed locations (use the map, it works here)

Once done, both the exit lift and a stone tablet will spawn. To go deeper, you need to find and activate the stone tablet, then clear the objective it gives you.

Once the objective is complete a gravity storm spawns to take you to the next level.
Huh, thanks. I looked all over and never saw a tablet. Hopefully a storm appears again for me, I'll give it another shot.

Baalzebup

I don't think you need to kill every enemy on the layer for the tablet to appear. I've seen the tablets far before I've explored most of the areas and activating one actually de-spawns other enemies to replace them with whatever the challenge entails. One good rule for spotting the tablets is that the platform they are on will never have any ore bubbles on them, and as both the portal to go further and the elevator will be on that platform, the platform will always be somewhere directly under that gravity storm-front swirl from which you descend into the mining areas and from which you GTFO as well.
How do you enter Delvool?
You need to do a few side quests to a chap in Hekseville called the Storm Explorer or something like that. The mission that is required will involve you getting swallowed by a small gravity storm and transported to a smaller, similar area. That is essentially your first visit to Delvool, but you cannot continue on that visit. Afterwards, when you go talk to either of the parties that can take you mining, the sites can have a new kind of event called Gravity Storm going on. It is marked with an exclamation mark exactly the same as the anomalous gravity events that indicate the giant Nevi presence, but you don't get announcements about the storms like you do for the anomalies. The storm is your way of getting into Delvool.

Grisby

I just got through with the
Jupiter
one today. Felt like it went on two tablets too long.

Camera for that section didn't help either.
Free PSO2 costume coming out next week 2/2 in Japan. Coming to the west too, but no release date yet

C3Q7ma6UoAIOcS8.jpg:orig
What a weird costume.

Baalzebup

Look for a mining spot that has gravity storms detected. Kill all the Nevi that spawn and you'll get the first level spawn point. It'll be a small gravity storm purple ball hovering over an interaction node.
You sure one needs to kill anything for that initial entry to Delvool? Admittedly I don't remember every detail from my first non-sidequest visit there, but I don't kill anything in the mining site when heading in to Delvool. The portal is just there upon entering the mining site.

Nydius

You sure one needs to kill anything for that initial entry to Delvool? Admittedly I don't remember every detail from my first non-sidequest visit there, but I don't kill anything in the mining site when heading in to Delvool. The portal is just there upon entering the mining site.

You may be right but my experience has been that it's never opened for me until I killed things. But then again, I've only ever been in through Mining Site 0 and Mining Site 13 so it might be different in other sites?

Baalzebup

You may be right but my experience has been that it's never opened for me until I killed things. But then again, I've only ever been in through Mining Site 0 and Mining Site 13 so it might be different in other sites?
I have entered Delvool from all 5 mining sites without killing a single thing on my way in. I can guarantee you that. The only thing I don't remember is if the very first non-sidequest entry needed some killing or not, but every subsequent one has definitely been kill-free.

SlickVic

So I put the game disc into the PS4, it does it's initial install for a minute or so, and the game boots up without demanding a patch be downloaded. What kind of sorcery is this?

I was not prepared to start playing the game so quickly after putting in the disc for the first time!

Baalzebup

So I put the game disc into the PS4, it does it's initial install for a minute or so, and the game boots up without demanding a patch be downloaded. What kind of sorcery is this?

I was not prepared to start playing the game so quickly after putting in the disc for the first time!
Just another indication of Kats superiority as a compelling video game character. She is there for you when needed. :p
It's called a polished product lol. We've all gotten used to day one patches.
Well, they did push back the release quite a bit even after the game was deemed ready for release. I'm sure they had all the time they needed to iron out basic software kinks to remove the need for a day 1 patch. Now they just have to patch the network features :p

Kindekuma

Banned

It's called a polished product lol. We've all gotten used to day one patches.

Top Bottom