• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gravity Rush 2 |OT| Mewton's Law of Gravity

Kamina

Golden Boy
Anyone have any hints for the Chapter 14 missiles that
you have to stop from hitting the tower in Vendecentre? Just when, after getting "game over" 15 times in a row trying various strategies, I think I've finally taken down all six, they throw three more at me from another direction and it's just too much. I've tried grabbing stuff on the ground, carrying it into the air and throwing it; getting close enough to the missiles to grab them and toss them aside Superman-style, and even trying to grab one missile and throwing it at the other one. Nothing is working consistently. One problem is that I often lose track of whether Kat is falling through the air or just hovering, and the missiles move faster than I fall, so I can't ever let them get between me and the building. Help
?
I was stuck there too
When you start at the tower looking at the 3 rockets flying your way, shift to the middle one with Jupiter style, as it is the fastest style and the middle rocket is closes to you. Switch to normal style shortly before you arrive, catch it with O, throw it on the rocket that on the left, catch the rocket on the right with O, fly to the upcoming new rockets to the left and throw the caught one on another one of them, catch the second, and repeat for the last two. If you mess up one throw it gets harder bot not impossible. Key is to switch to Jupiter for covering larger distances, just keep innmind you cant correct the flight path in that mode, and switch back to normal before you arrive at the rocket.

Baalzebup

you have to stop from hitting the tower in Vendecentre? Just when, after getting "game over" 15 times in a row trying various strategies, I think I've finally taken down all six, they throw three more at me from another direction and it's just too much. I've tried grabbing stuff on the ground, carrying it into the air and throwing it; getting close enough to the missiles to grab them and toss them aside Superman-style, and even trying to grab one missile and throwing it at the other one. Nothing is working consistently. One problem is that I often lose track of whether Kat is falling through the air or just hovering, and the missiles move faster than I fall, so I can't ever let them get between me and the building. Help
?
For one, are you using the "hold X to go faster" -thing? You should definitely be able to move faster than them. You can even use the normal mode gravity kick to go even faster for a time.
For me, the mission was very simple matter of "fly to missile 1, grab it, toss at missile 2." Later, when the missile count increased, I just kept the odd missile to chuck at the next missile to cross my path. Never got even close to failing.

LotusHD

Banned
?

I just Gravity Kick'd my way over to them quickly, then used the stasis field to grab one and throw it at the other one. You could probably also alternate and use Lunar Mode's Wormhole Kick to quickly warp one to one and then use the stasis field. For the final one where 3 get sent at you, I believe I did the same strategy, and then I just kicked the last one.

----

Man, you know Lunar Mode is special when you just have random moments when you use it to get around without gravity shifting.

Ferr986

Free PSO2 costume coming out next week 2/2 in Japan. Coming to the west too, but no release date yet

C3Q7ma6UoAIOcS8.jpg:orig

oh fuck, now every shared photo will be with this awful outfit, right?

You know I ALWAYS rate up pics or treasure hints ever if they're bad but dunno what I will do if I see someone wearing this :/

tsundoku

oh fuck, now every shared photo will be with this awful outfit, right?

You know I ALWAYS rate up pics or treasure hints ever if they're bad but dunno what I will do if I see someone wearing this :/
you're not "up rating" them you're giving them 10 dusty tokens or nothing and each picture you upload goes out to a single person. You should be giving every picture a good mention because the rewards for dusty tokens are a fucking absurd grind

Also as far as ugly costumes go there are already lots of pics of people in the stuntdouble outfits out there

LotusHD

Banned
Goddamn, the opening is slow right. Bit more structured (I think thats the word) than the first one, but still. How do I upgrade duration of gravity gauge and health and stuff?

Health and Gravity Gauge increases happen automatically as you progress through the main story. Some side missions also offer this, and some talismans also deal with those as well.

As for affecting your gravity speed, I think the only way to do that is to obtain Jupiter mode. Jupiter Mode makes you go faster due to the weight increase, while Lunar mode makes you go slower.

Health and Gravity Gauge increases happen automatically as you progress through the main story. Some side missions also offer this, and some talismans also deal with those as well.

As for affecting your gravity speed, I think the only way to do that is to obtain Jupiter mode. Jupiter Mode makes you go faster due to the weight increase, while Lunar mode makes you go slower.

Oh. I was thinking the upgrades weren't as clear as before :p

Ferr986

you're not "up rating" them you're giving them 10 dusty tokens or nothing and each picture you upload goes out to a single person. You should be giving every picture a good mention because the rewards for dusty tokens are a fucking absurd grind

Also as far as ugly costumes go there are already lots of pics of people in the stuntdouble outfits out there

Yeah I know how it works. And there's no outfit that comes close to Kat running around in her panties.

Moon? Give it some time and practice and you'll love it.
You'll need it later so practice is good.

Agreed. Lunar is really handy. Hits fast enemies with ease, slows your fall at a moments notice (I always toggle it on quickly I want to land quickly but without a crashing into the ground animation). It also has the highest grounded mobility so if you're just running around the floor picking stuff up, it allows you to do this while being the most evasive.

Not to mention that it's the best melee type for mining ore, as the melee attacks home in on any ore deposits close by to you.

I don't care if it's required or not. I'm used to the experience, ore, or whatever being tied to a skill tree being less grindy than picking up 1s. So later into the game they replace all the 1s with 10s and 50s?

Game isn't the experience I thought it would be. Claiming "facts" doesn't enhance my enjoyment, sorry.

I don't understand what you mean by grind. If you just play the game and collect the ore that you see, you have enough to get most of the upgrades. Not to mention that these RPG systems do not have an integral role in the gameplay. You don't lose much enjoyment by having no upgrades at all, while they are often pleasant additions, none of them really change the game in a major way and you're not liable to struggle without them.

Yes there are lots of sequences in the game where instead of 1s, you collect 10s and even 50s quite commonly, even at the start of the game it's quite easy to find huge stacks of 10s and whatnot, and considering the average upgrade cost is probably 1000 (average), it doesn't take more than a few minutes to get enough to get an upgrade. If you search underneath buildings you often find rarer ores, as a general rule the harder they were to find, the more that they are worth. Later on in the game there are specific story missions that give you over 2,000 ore per mission as they feature long trials of +10 gems.

However, if you're not enjoying the game I would imagine that that discontent is far more deep rooted than merely disliking the way that experience is distributed. The ore mechanics are such a small component of this game and if you are not enjoying yourself at all, that surely has more to do with a general distaste for the core gameplay and whatnot?

J-Skee

Just got to the point where I can change costumes. First off, the white costume is dope, but I just wanna play in the Cat Suit for the rest of the game. I forgot how much I like that costume.

Well, now I've seen the end. I'm glad I played the game, but sadly it won't be making my GOTY list and I don't really feel motivated to get the platinum (which I happily did in GR1). The world, presentation and traversal are again absolutely lovely, but they need to a) get rid of the inexcusably horrible mechanics sprinkled all around the side missions and some main missions, and b) trim everything down by 2/3. Shorter versions of the bad missions would have been tolerable, especially with the great writing; however, you always have to do the fiddly platforming or finding the exact thing you need to do three or five times. I actually don't remember the last time I raged at my TV like this. I just wanted it to be over.

About the ending:
The emotional impact was great, but the plot was the typical messy god drama I expect from JRPGs. And again, everything dragged on for way too long. Getting to play Raven after Kat's story actually feels great.

Dropline

Neo Member
Just finished the game, loved it. Very refreshing.

Of course, storywise it's a shonen-ish game, so the whole thing about the end is quite expected. Overhall, the characters and the lore ard great. I spent a very good time, and GR is definitely my favorite recent IP.

DylanEno

Looking to buy the entire soundtrack and the only place I can find it for sale is an ebay page for $70? is this not being sold anywhere else?...

Edit: And of course as soon as I edit the lingo on my google search, a bunch more results pop up. Never mind!

Wait, where do you rate photos?

I'm on like Episode 13...

Servers are down so no photos to rate. Normally, as you fly around the world, you'll spot ghostly apparitions of Kat; fly to one, and you'll see a photo taken where that Kat was standing (or I think in some cases flying?). Then you get to rate the photo.

Without the servers, though, the ghosts don't appear, so there's nothing to suggest that rating photos is even possible.

N° 2048

Servers are down so no photos to rate. Normally, as you fly around the world, you'll spot ghostly apparitions of Kat; fly to one, and you'll see a photo taken where that Kat was standing (or I think in some cases flying?). Then you get to rate the photo.

Without the servers, though, the ghosts don't appear, so there's nothing to suggest that rating photos is even possible.

Ahh cheers!

Dave1988

Servers are offline? I wanted to uplode some pictures! God damn it Sony. Also the game is beautiful.

Yeah, it sucks. The servers won't be back until Monday at the earliest :/

In other news, finished the game yesterday night. The last few chapters were such a ride. This game probably won't win any GotY award, but good God is it a great way to start off the year.

Fireblend

Banned
Ok I think I may be encountering a bug. I'm fighting
The Lost City
in Ch 11.

For some reason, Raven says something like "We have to get away from that city!" while I'm destroying the cores, but I can't do anything at that point. A new marker appears in a nearby Le Havina island, but I can't approach it. I can't continue attacking either, the city's arms move beyond my reach. Pretty much when she says that, 5 seconds later my health gets auto depleted and I get a game over. Am I doing something wrong or is the game buggy?

The Lost City
in Ch 11.

For some reason, Raven says something like "We have to get away from that city!" while I'm destroying the cores, but I can't do anything at that point. A new marker appears in a nearby Le Havina island, but I can't approach it. I can't continue attacking either, the city's arms move beyond my reach. Pretty much when she says that, 5 seconds later my health gets auto depleted and I get a game over. Am I doing something wrong or is the game buggy?

I remember that, I fell to Havina until the marker dissappeared, then I turned to the monster city and saw it doing a weird movement. I went back to attacking and had no problem with it. Maybe you should go for Havina even if you can't reach it until something happens... I don't know, what you described didn't happen to me.

Fireblend

Banned
Pretty sure it was bugged. Tried it a couple more times, and the third time right when I pressed continue it went into a new cutscene as if I'd beat the boss. WTF.

I think I'm going to avoid the treasures for now. I saw one and thought maybe the servers were up, but nope, failed to transmit and I'm now down a total of two treasures. I hope they transmit when the servers are online again.

Ferr986

Finished it!

Yes.... that was exactly the shitshow of an ending I expected
what's with japanese devs pulling some Deux ex machina out of they asses to justify killing the MC just for the feels? Meanwhile Syd that was dead is now alive and fine.

The post credits section was a dissapointment overall. Overall the story is a little dissapointing, I mean, characters are good and its a fun ride but it's also a disjointed mess
first part doesn't have anything to do with second part, and both have nothing to do with the post credits part.

EDIT: Still have some side missions to continue, but now I'm too annoyed to bother lol

Jofamo

Pretty sure it was bugged. Tried it a couple more times, and the third time right when I pressed continue it went into a new cutscene as if I'd beat the boss. WTF.

When Raven says that, the boss is gearing up for a massive attack. It creates a Gravity Storm underneath it that sucks everything in (just like it did when it destroyed the Islands). You have to point yourself to the marker, and hold 'X' to fall faster to outspeed it's pull. Eventually it'll stop and you can continue your attack. If you fail to do so, you'll get slowly closer to the storm until it 1HKO's you.

I mean, characters are good and its a fun ride but it's also a disjointed mess
first part doesn't have anything to do with second part, and both have nothing to do with the post credits part.

You may want to read the Waypoint article that was posted recently.

N° 2048

The Lost City
in Ch 11.

Man, this one was so frustrating. I did it last night. The camera was awful because
The Lost City moves.
It says you have to get away but the marker shows 300+ for distance so it makes you think you gotta go all the way, yet it disappears at like 280. Then if you barely get away from
the boss
you lose. I died three times and didn't even get to destroy all the Nevi yet it advanced me towards the end. It felt bugged to me too.

The camera + lack of lock on makes this game super frustrating at times. I basically have to smash R3 constantly to reset the camera when I'm in the air to get an idea of where I am going. I love the game, the art/characters/writing are amazing but just when I get into things there's something that frustrates me. The positive definitely outweigh the negative so it is what it is.

Number45

I don't know why this game doesn't have a lock-on feature. It would be so much better for combat.
I never felt the need for it in GR1 but I struggled with episode 10 in this because it kept fucking me up. Definitely feel busier combat sections would benefit from it.

N° 2048

Where do you get costumes? Side quests? I only have the starting one + red dress. I just got back to
Hekseville.

Top Bottom