• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gravity Rush 2 |OT| Mewton's Law of Gravity

This is really great so far. Just finished chapter 2, it's a little slow but not unpleasant.

The game feels really great too. I just finished GR:Remastered yesterday, which was the first time I've played GR1 since I finished it at launch on the Vita. I was worried that coming from the 60fps of the remaster this would feel clunky and slow, but the changes they've made to the game feel compensate for the 30fps. Kat feels more responsive than in the first game despite the game running at half the frame rate.

I never laughed so much in a sidequest! The one with the dog you need to chase for that little girl I'm talking about. His name and the ridiculousness of the situation make it out worthy on its own!

Shin-Ra

Platinum trophy get!

GR2stylechange.gif

I loved this game despite its flaws, but I'm trying to clean up what I can before moving to Yakuza 0 and I'd like to say one thing:

Fuck Poterie Doll. If I ever meet her I'm gravity kicking her face in.

I never laughed so much in a sidequest! The one with the dog you need to chase for that little girl I'm talking about. His name and the ridiculousness of the situation make it out worthy on its own!

I didn't make the link between his name and his..., um, talent until the mission ended. Then I was like OH MAN.

LiquidGabx

Neo Member
The side quest "Things I like, Things I hate" the one with the dog named Zoey, has me like

tumblr_mq7m72vZdB1qckz3do1_500.gif

edit: I got a talisman! (whoot!) to attract .. dogs . . . . WOW! Biggest waste of time of 2017. Great game tho

Shin-Ra

How do I farm gems quickly? Mining is incredibly slow for me because I only get the small gems (1 gem).
Equip all the gem attraction-range boosting talismans you've got (they're colour-coded blue) and load up
story mission 19
. Continue through the level until the
stone challenge that requires you to platform through the level with Lunar style only and no flying.

Continue through this section, collecting as many gems as possible and before you reach the end of the challenge, make a manual SAVE, LOAD that save and you should start at the beginning of the stone slab challenge with all the gems you already collected.

Rinse, repeat. You should get into a pretty good flow and collect 900 gems every minute or so.

AlexIIDX

Really enjoying it so far. Just did that mission where you get Jupiter style though, man that was making me wanna pull my hair out.

Woo just beat it!
Despite some frustration with a few of the late game missions (and the camera...) I had an absolute blast with this one.
Gonna have to replay this again after a little break!

tsundoku

The side quest "Things I like, Things I hate" the one with the dog named Zoey, has me like

tumblr_mq7m72vZdB1qckz3do1_500.gif

edit: I got a talisman! (whoot!) to attract .. dogs . . . . WOW! Biggest waste of time of 2017. Great game tho

the talisman is called "Pet Lover" but the effect is still called "Breeder" i feel like the localization team missed that second part..

LiquidGabx

Neo Member
the talisman is called "Pet Lover" but the effect is still called "Breeder" i feel like the localization team missed that second part..

Didn't notice it was a premium talisman, must be good for talisman crafting?

btw Update for network features just went up.

ChrisD

Well uh, story just went places in Mission 15/16. Do I like it? Well I don't hate it, but that sure was a pretty big thing to drop with minimal build-up and QUITE the convenient arrival.

I also now see what people meant with the whole "two games in one" with Chapters 1 and 2 being one plot line and Chapter 3 being its own separate thing. Definitely feels that way! Just hope this plot line doesn't lead into something else, lol.

...unless (GR1 ending stuff)
The castle in the sky(?) is revisited,
not only would I not mind that, but greatly enjoy it! ..Please don't tell me if that is or isn't the case though. Just thinking out loud.

Man, the intro loop is spoilery. Everything it was showing me was stuff I haven't seen yet.

Just did the update, but network stuff related keeps telling me that the server is currently undergoing maintenance and cannot be accessed at this time. =/

Yeah, guess they're not up yet.

By the way, version 1.02's patch notes are:

Application stability improvements.

... still not much of a clue of what went wrong, is there?

tsundoku

Didn't notice it was a premium talisman, must be good for talisman crafting?

btw Update for network features just went up.

cant craft with the unique talismans that are challenge and quest rewards

there are a couple good effects like hp regen stuff for delvool and extra damage early in the game / extra armor attack but right now i just have six gem attractor perks vOv

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Finished the game earlier. What a ride. Probably a lock for my Top 5 games of 2017. A great finale for Gravity Rush. Really feels like the end. Loved the credits T_T. Now...can't wait for Raven's DLC. I'm hoping for something with some substance. Some sidequests alongside the main story would be nice. Kat style stuff I mean, with Raven just being helpful.

And she needs the Short Shorts.

Fireblend

Banned
Sticking to my plan of playing just the side missions and main missions seems to be working out great, I feel like I'll probably finish the game this week and then I might explore some of the more "tangential" content like the challenges and the gravity disturbances thingies.

So far there's been nothing as infuriating as some of the earlier side missions I hated like the stealth ones or the dog with the frisbee's, and I'm plenty used to the controls, so I'm definitely feeling this game more and more the more I play it :D

Flying around collecting gems is as fun as ever and the world building is pure charm. Can't wait to see where the crazy story goes :)

Squire

Banned
Just got the
__Kali__
and Waitress costumes. Got the Nurse one over the weekend. These are much better/cuter than the costumes in the first game and the missions for them are fun too.

Except the nurse costume. The mission for that is some brilliant "make you work it" trolling for fanservice types LOL

Theswweet

So, I picked up my copy of the Asian English LE of Gravity Rush 2 from my post office today, and another package was waiting for me at my door! I expected it to be my HK version of Gravity Rush Remastered I had ordered from mariio128, but then I opened it up...

xlEgc2m.jpg

...it was ANOTHER copy of Gravity Rush 2. I'm not even sure what's up with this, the tracking number doesn't match my mariio128 order so I can't even assume it was a mix-up there. I guess I got a second copy of Gravity Rush 2 for free?

Gravidee

Managed to complete all sidequests! Despite some hiccups here and there it was all worth it for the interactions and skills learned.

LotusHD

Banned
So, I picked up my copy of the Asian English LE of Gravity Rush 2 from my post office today, and another package was waiting for me at my door! I expected it to be my HK version of Gravity Rush Remastered I had ordered from mariio128, but then I opened it up...

xlEgc2m.jpg

...it was ANOTHER copy of Gravity Rush 2. I'm not even sure what's up with this, the tracking number doesn't match my mariio128 order so I can't even assume it was a mix-up there. I guess I got a second copy of Gravity Rush 2 for free?

Wow, Kat must you love more than the rest of us.

Luigi87

Finally done all the side missions x_x
Some were fun, some were just dreadful.

Now just gotta finish the story, and do the challenge missions.

Gravidee

xlEgc2m.jpg

Completely slipped my mind that HK gets a physical limited edition and NA doesn't. What's contained on the Ouverture blu-ray? Are there english subs?

Theswweet

Completely slipped my mind that HK gets a physical limited edition and NA doesn't. What's contained on the Ouverture blu-ray? Are there english subs?

Haven't popped it in the PS4 yet, but the box says it has 17 minutes of animation. Whatever is on there has English, Cantonese, Mandarin, and Korean subtitles. There's "Gravity Language" audio and an additional Japanese dub.

Finished the game earlier. What a ride. Probably a lock for my Top 5 games of 2017. A great finale for Gravity Rush. Really feels like the end. Loved the credits T_T. Now...can't wait for Raven's DLC. I'm hoping for something with some substance. Some sidequests alongside the main story would be nice. Kat style stuff I mean, with Raven just being helpful.

And she needs the Short Shorts.

It should be pretty meaty as Toyama mentioned that it's around five hours long.

Milijango

Haven't popped it in the PS4 yet, but the box says it has 17 minutes of animation. Whatever is on there has English, Cantonese, Mandarin, and Korean subtitles. There's "Gravity Language" audio and an additional Japanese dub.

If it's 17 minutes it's probably just the two parts of the Overture.

Top Bottom