• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gravity Rush 2 |OT| Mewton's Law of Gravity

ramyeon

Finished the game last night. Loved it. So much charm, such great art and the gravity controls have always clicked with me on a controller - was much harder playing on the Vita.

The main story missions dragged less than the original to me. I was more invested and it was more epic. Also helped that it felt like 3 stories in one so no plot thread ever really over stayed its welcome.

The post game stuff was crazy, and getting to play as Raven was a nice look at what we have to come in the DLC. Also answered the majority of questions I had regarding the cast and the world.

It's a damn shame the servers were down for so long so close to launch. Didn't really get to enjoy the network features past the first few hours I put in, though I did like what I saw of them.

Edit: What was wrong with Episode 15? Was really short and super easy.

Gravidee

Just got back to
Hekseville
and... I think I'm gonna put the game down for a while. The game has gotten pretty repetitive and hearing how bad chapters 14 and 15 are isn't encouraging.

There's nothing bad about those chapters, just some whiny players who may not actually be that good at the game.

There's nothing bad about those chapters, just some whiny players who may not actually be that good at the game.

Yeah, I'm not very good at games compared to most GAFfers and I don't remember having any trouble with Chapter 14. If Chapter 15's the one with
the missiles
then most of that mission was fine for me too. It's just the end bit I found frustrating, and it turns out it's actually a lot easier if you don't do what they tell you to do and
just chuck the missiles wherever instead of trying to throw them into each other
. That strategy at least worked to get me past the very last wave, the other waves were pretty easy to deal with. I also wouldn't call it a bad mission just because I found the last bit frustrating.

I found a lot of side missions and challenges to be worse, to be honest.

N° 2048

I have had tons of trouble with controls but the if we're talking about the one where you have to
chuck missiles into other missiles
, that was easy. Did it on my first try and it was like one minute long.

Fireblend

Banned
I've been super critical of the game, specially with what I'd call questionable design decisions that limit the range of what you can do in a game that's all about the feeling of freedom and being untethered from the ground, but I had zero issues with mission 15.

In fact I wish more of the game was like that.
Catching missiles mid-flight and throwing them against each other to make them explode? Yes please?!.

Ferr986

After the credits it thrusts you back into the state before the final set of missions, Kat and all, doesn't it?

yes, it goes back to the start of ch.4 ep¿21? (shinny girl). No new post game content.

I'm also surprised people had problems with ep.15, did it first try and I suck at shifting lol

9mPxnl4.png

Gravity Rush 2 in a nutshell. Still like it a lot though.

N° 2048

Ok, Episode
is a cluster fuck.

This is where lock on is really needed...

I keep getting two-shoted by
True Elektricitie

icespide

Banned
on episode 9 now. the side missions are a real chore to get through if I skip them entirely from this point on will I end up being under leveled for the rest of the game?

Ferr986

Ok, Episode
is a cluster fuck.

This is where lock on is really needed...

I keep getting two-shoted by
True Elektricitie

when there's a lot Elektricitie clones just don't fly and move around the floor (take that chance to grab missiles with stasis). Wait till Kat comments about the clones dissapearing or just take a look at them to fly back and throw the missiles and attack her

That episode is the only one that make me die a couple of times lol

on episode 9 now. the side missions are a real chore to get through if I skip them entirely from this point on will I end up being under leveled for the rest of the game?

I doubt it, overall game is easy. You can always do some of them later if you feel like it, side missions never dissapears.

Finally got a chance to start the game. Love that casual Kat outfit.

Default controls are rather sensitive, aren't they?

Looking forward to really digging into the game.

N° 2048

when there's a lot Elektricitie clones just don't fly and move around the floor (take that chance to grab missiles with stasis). Wait till Kat comments about the clones dissapearing or just take a look at them to fly back and throw the missiles and attack her

That episode is the only one that make me die a couple of times lol

They just
come down and strike the missile which blows it up and hurts me.

Ugh. Have died about seven times now.

LotusHD

Banned
9mPxnl4.png

Gravity Rush 2 in a nutshell. Still like it a lot though.

Haha, I wanted to point that out. I like that the developers clearly know we'd prefer to keep our powers lmao

Oh well, they still surprisingly give a lot of side missions where you end up doing interesting shit regardless of whether or not you have powers.

----

Episode 22: Mind blown.

Ferr986

They just
come down and strike the missile which blows it up and hurts me.

Ugh. Have died about seven times now.

never stand still, always keep moving. Also, stay around in places with trees or lamps, so the thunders goes there.

It was kind of messy and I couldnt totally make clear the mechanic of the boss, but that helped me.

Finally got a chance to start the game. Love that casual Kat outfit.

Default controls are rather sensitive, aren't they?

Looking forward to really digging into the game.

Yeah, change the motion part to 0 and it'll control much better since the controller movement won't influence anything.

For what it's worth, episode 15 was also the most game overs the game has handed me, but it was mostly due to
only being able to grab the missiles in normal style, while I was using Jupiter style to get to them quickly. Once I figured that out, I stuck to just using normal style only, and it was fine.

Squire

Banned
The missile thing in chapter 15 is really terrible. I figured it out and if it comes easy to you, great! I really don't think the mechanics or controls lend themselves well to it though. I like the way GR handles, generally, but I don't feel I have enough control over Kat's trajectory to enjoy objectives like that and the fact they removed shifting speed as something you could directly put gems into and power up compounded the issue.

It's not the end of the world, but no, I really didn't enjoy that bit. The rest of the episode was perfectly fine.

N° 2048

This game seriously decides to give you such amazing things then take them all away for no reason.

end game:
Episode
:

Beat this boss
now beat it again without these certain powers
now beat it again without these certain powers AND a smaller health bar.

One episode until the end and still feels like I'm in a tutorial. Can't wait to finish GR2 and start Yakuza 0 to cleanse my palate.
I really wanted to go back to do the side quests but I need some time off from this game...

EDIT: and finished. Can't wait for Raven's DLC.

Just finished the game. This reminds me of a certain animated movie, actually:

Monsters, Inc. You know who Raven sees, just as you know who Sully did. But you don't get to see them. :(

I know it makes the ending a bit more powerful, but ya know.

Finished Chapter 12
Now that was a good boss fight, even if I kinda sucked at controlling the Jupiter Mode throughout the whole mission, it still feels great, mighty powerful and satisfying.

And then... Holy twist Batman, Hekseville here I come. :D

-Horizon-

Done with chapter 3 and the survey mining side quest after that. Managed to get my first death and fail a part of the tablet thing because of that darn poison mist. First time I fell down and then tried to get back up but I got stuck under a cliff lol. Second time was when you were collecting stuff as the island was sinking. I went at that the wrong way.

I wish the Soldier outfit that you get from remastered didn't have the red armband

Idk why they designed it like that, it just looks like the nazi patch :/

McFadge

Goddamn, with the servers back up I'm being inundated with treasure completion notifications! I'm guessing part of the server maintenance was having those come through? Not sure if I got any extra Dusty Tokens from it though, maybe the notifications just weren't appearing.

Mission 14 is a trash fire, but I just read the tip at the top of the page, so I'll try that out.

Seriously, why the fuck is there stealth in this game...

Everything else has been great so far.

Baalzebup

I'll never understand how people have difficulties with chapter 14. You have gravity powers that allow you to fly. Use that freedom of movement in the 3D space you are presented with. Win.

lol @ the dialogue in the stunt double side mission.

How did people have trouble with that btw? All those dumb jumps are things I try during normal gameplay :p

Milijango

Phew, finished the game. I adore it. Clock says 34 hours: some photographs and mining to clean up but I've done all the side quests and challenges.

(Impressions only)
I was very much down on the story in Chapter 3 but now I'm starting to see it as kind of like Red Dead Redemption's Mexico - it does suffer from grim middle chapter syndrome (and mediocre mission design) but it's probably responsible for making the final chapter as impactful as it is.

ramyeon

Honestly never had an issue with a stealth mission past the first one early on. They all felt really easy and forgiving to me.

Gravidee

lol @ the dialogue in the stunt double side mission.

How did people have trouble with that btw? All those dumb jumps are things I try during normal gameplay :p

Running on the track is easy since you can just move the control stick forward with the camera to adjust the direction. I never slipped once from jumping across the airboats. I only messed up on some of the roll landings but those are simple to do because you can just mash R2 repeatedly before hitting the ground.

Kiro

Just starting. Any cool "techs" that let you move with more agility and nimbleness? Thought I saw a post about like jump cancelling or something.

Top Bottom