• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gravity Rush 2 |OT| Mewton's Law of Gravity

Nydius

Well damn. Looks like I'm going to have to temporarily suspend my "I have enough stuff collecting dust so don't buy more" resolution come August.

figma Gravity Kat 2.0
The Gravity Princess, back again as a figma!

From the gravity-based action adventure game 'GRAVITY RUSH 2' comes an all-new powered up figma of the main character - Gravity Kat!

• Using the smooth yet posable joints of figma, you can act out a variety of different scenes.
  • She comes with a sweet smiling expression, as well as both the upset and surprised expressions from the game.
  • Her animal companion Dusty the gravity cat is also included.
  • Special parts to recreate the 'Lunar Style' and 'Jupiter Style' are also included.
  • An articulated figma stand is included, which allows various poses to be taken.
  • A special clip stand is also included for poses of Kat floating through the air!

4c3ca8e6e6465c0c3439de01aea29ab41485006622_full.jpg

ChrisD

Well damn. Looks like I'm going to have to temporarily suspend my "I have enough stuff collecting dust so don't buy more" resolution come August.

i hate you so much right now

i resisted after first seeing it last week, but after playing the game and enjoying the character you enabled me by bringing this back to my attention

IT'S YOUR FAULT DANG IT

Okay no, I'm just weak.

$110 pre-shipping AmiAmi order for August. Already had Corrin's Figma, what's a Kat addition? :L

Good thing I don't like Figmas, or I would probably be joining you guys :D

Isn't the anime in the Blu-Ray the one up on YouTube though? I'm pretty sure that's the case.

LotusHD

Banned

Same, I'd be broke if I wasn't conveniently a miser about such things. I could never justify spend money on limited editions and what not, at least not remotely anytime soon.

Although, I see that at one point, there used to be Gravity Rush-themed headphones...

Thank god I wasn't around for that.

Theswweet

Isn't the anime in the Blu-Ray the one up on YouTube though? I'm pretty sure that's the case.

Yeah, but I'm really not a big fan of watching my anime streamed. On that note, the Asian English LE seems to be the only way to get a physical copy of the OVA with English subs. The Japanese release of Gravity Rush 2 came with the blu-ray as well, but as far as I can tell it only has Japanese subs.

Kindekuma

Banned
Got that Kat 2.0 figma on pre-order to go with the Kat 1.0 I have.

It wouldn't feel right without it. I'm definitely excited come august!

D

Deleted member 518609

Unconfirmed Member
If I knew a 15 track soundtrack would go up on the PSN I wouldn't have preordered to get those 9 tracks in the mini-soundtrack lol.

It's kinda stingy of them to have a 9 track mini soundtrack with preorders, then a 15 track digital soundtrack, and then a 4 disc soundtrack come out next month.

Nydius

i hate you so much right now

i resisted after first seeing it last week, but after playing the game and enjoying the character you enabled me by bringing this back to my attention

IT'S YOUR FAULT DANG IT

Okay no, I'm just weak.

$110 pre-shipping AmiAmi order for August. Already had Corrin's Figma, what's a Kat addition? :L

Don't worry, I'm just as weak. I've been trying to be more minimalist with my possessions and purchasing habits but then I saw that and minimalism be damned, I have room on my display shelf so time to preorder!

Squire

Banned
Episode 15 is pretty bad, but what you do right after it is going to be one of my favorite moments in a game this year.

This game...

tsundoku

i'll see what i can figure out with the patch when i'm home from work in an hour. i'm strongly doubting they did anything about dusty tokens or earning them or the reward tiers.
they only ever talked about it being a stability and online connectivity patch.
probably just need to redownload a big chunk of game files depending on how the gamedata is packed

Baalzebup

They have added an announcement for the Gravity Storm events in the mining locations.
Edit: Early testing seems to also indicate an improvement in the auto-targeting when fighting Nevi near the mining nodes. I'll have to test that further.

tsundoku

They have added an announcement for the Gravity Storm events in the mining locations.
Edit: Early testing seems to also indicate an improvement in the auto-targeting when fighting Nevi near the mining nodes. I'll have to test that further.
But when you're in delvool mining trench there are no mining nodes where there are nevi battles to proceed and the nevi on the mineable platforms in delvool/reg mining stages you explicitly want to ignore cause they're a huge waste of time
just spam spam spam jupiter homing attacks and move on
hope they didn't change the targetting

Baalzebup

But when you're in delvool mining trench there are no mining nodes where there are nevi battles to proceed and the nevi on the mineable platforms in delvool/reg mining stages you explicitly want to ignore cause they're a huge waste of time
The fuck? The targeting was straight out favoring the nodes over the Nevi cores and you wish they didn't change that? It could only be improved on that front. There is absolutely no reason why it shouldn't be improved from the 1.01 version.What if someone wants to fight just for the sake of fighting before doing the mining?

Edit: Yup, it is definitely improved all around. It prioritizes Nevi cores over the ore nodes now and it shows.

D

Deleted member 518609

Unconfirmed Member

I don't know about that. I've noticed I'm often fighting with the lock on in the mining trench. It'll lock on to shit that's behind multiple layers of rocks, when the enemy I want to hit is like 5 meters in front of me.

McFadge

I don't know about that. I've noticed I'm often fighting with the lock on in the mining trench. It'll lock on to shit that's behind multiple layers of rocks, when the enemy I want to hit is like 5 meters in front of me.

This. Haven't tested the new patch, but it feels like they should base it on camera orientation, or stick direction, etc.

Number45

I unlocked the talisman forge last night. Any suggestions? Just throw everything I'm not using (basically all of them) in and see what I get?

Humdinger

Enjoying the game, but playing through much slower than most of you guys. I'm still around Episode 6 or 7 or so. Taking my time.

Luigi87

lol, I wasn't expecting this.

Wanted to take a photo of Kat with one of those guys holding a bunch of balloons, so I had her do the Honored pose... I didn't expect the NPC to respond with the pose as well, releasing all his balloons, getting upset and walking away.

muteki

Got through Episode 12~13 or so with all the sidequests I could do so far (~25 or so)

That was a really fun boss battle, even though what led up to it wasn't too great. I didn't have any major problems but the camera could have been a little better.

But great to be back in Heksville, I was kinda getting tired of Jirga Para Lhao. I like the more varied color palette but Heksville is much more dense and so fun to get around. That new building where the fortune teller was has a really suspicious shape though...I may just be imagining things.

I haven't had too many issues with side quests. The body guard and dog frisbee one went mostly smooth though I may have been more frustrated had I not read here to let him sniff around first and take is slow. The one with Vogo where you protect the cargo ship was more of a pain, the mission directives/what Fi was supposed to do wasn't really clear.

Cheska

Does the second half of the game move faster than the first? I'm enjoying the game, but I'm starting to feel it drag a little. I just reached Episode 15, anyone have a general idea of how long it should take to reach the end if all I do is focus on story missions?

Ferr986

I was loving the game, but since returning to Hekseville I've had zero urge to play it at all. Weird.

I finished the game but I do think Para Lao chapters are the best part of the game.

I mean, we already played a full game on Hekseville, is more fun to explore new areas and characters IMO.

Does the second half of the game move faster than the first? I'm enjoying the game, but I'm starting to feel it drag a little. I just reached Episode 15, anyone have a general idea of how long it should take to reach the end if all I do is focus on story missions?

Hmm, dunno, 6 hours if you speed through? I think reaching Hekseville is roughly half the game.

6 or 7 hours maybe?

Second half moves quickly to a fault I'd say.

Luigi87

It sort of does move faster as there are multiple episodes that start one right after another, rather than giving you a break in between.
Any tips for taking down the giant Nevi in the mining sites? My gravity kicks seem to miss every time, and lunar mode doesnt seem to help at all.
Yeah throw stuff at it. When it lobs a hook at you and you dodge, the debris becomes ammo for you.

It sort of does move faster as there are multiple episodes that start one right after another, rather than giving you a break in between.

Yeah throw stuff at it. When it lobs a hook at you and you dodge, the debris becomes ammo for you.

Wow, that was almost too easy, thank you.
Thanks to StarCreator as well.

Baalzebup

My current expedition to Delvool has been quite something. I've only really started mining in the 16th layer, as that is when you can start getting the Shiny -tier talismans from the ore nodes, and I've still gotten 2 rare Nevi spawns, both types I haven't faced before (the fish-like swarm of Nevi and the hovering orb with stone shields and telekinetic stone spears). The latter one was in layer 24 and gave me something that I haven't seen before, a Radiant -tier talisman.

The swarm type rare nevi also did a hilarious number on my "rare Nevi killed" count as it counts every individual kill. So with 4 rare encounters I'm now at 19 kills :D

And my advice for the big bastards of all kinds? Remember that you can charge your Stasis Field attacks. The Jupiter version is very situational and relatively expensive in SP, but the Normal and Lunar mode charged throws can be far more SP effective than the super moves, especially if you can get 5 or 6 objects from a single charge.

The post-game story mission
(22 to be specific):

Well, this was unexpected. Now I'm the queen and I'm speaking to people who want an audience with me. Dunno what happened to Raven or Dusty or what's up with Alias. I'm sure the game will tell me, but this was an interesting turn.

Game did warn me I wouldn't go back to the open-world for a while.

wouwie

Does anyone have a tracklist of the 15 track soundtrack that is on the PSN store? I can't seem to find any. I'm interested in buying but i'd like to hear what tunes made the selection (apparently, it's a selection of a much larger collection that is going to be released on 22 february).

Pundere

Just got back to
Hekseville
and... I think I'm gonna put the game down for a while. The game has gotten pretty repetitive and hearing how bad chapters 14 and 15 are isn't encouraging.

I was hoping the new forms would make combat and movement more interesting, but they're so situational and often it's just way faster and easier to do everything in normal style. The novelty of everything started wearing off near the end of the first game and this one just doesn't add enough for me to keep going right now. I'll probably pick it up again in a few weeks and main line the story missions after playing some other games.

LotusHD

Banned
Just got back to
Hekseville
and... I think I'm gonna put the game down for a while. The game has gotten pretty repetitive and hearing how bad chapters 14 and 15 are isn't encouraging.

I was hoping the new forms would make combat and movement more interesting, but they're so situational and often it's just way faster and easier to do everything in normal style. The novelty of everything started wearing off near the end of the first game and this one just doesn't add enough for me to keep going right now. I'll probably pick it up again in a few weeks and main line the story missions after playing some other games.

Ch. 14 is whatever I guess (Easy as hell for me personally), but Ch. 15 isn't bad at all lol

black070

The post-game story mission
(22 to be specific):

Well, this was unexpected. Now I'm the queen and I'm speaking to people who want an audience with me. Dunno what happened to Raven or Dusty or what's up with Alias. I'm sure the game will tell me, but this was an interesting turn.

Game did warn me I wouldn't go back to the open-world for a while.

Enjoyed that mission quite a bit.

Top Bottom