• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gravity Rush 2 |OT| Mewton's Law of Gravity

sora87

Yeah.... hard quit on that side mission where you have to catch pipi, the stupid dog just won't stay still, annoying.

LotusHD

Banned
Yeah.... hard quit on that side mission where you have to catch pipi, the stupid dog just won't stay still, annoying.

What part did you quit at? If it's where the stands are, I just chased him and used my stasis right when he stopped moving.

Ferr986

Got caught once and gold medaled anyway. You have problems if you get caught twice though.

I didn't think it was so bad. You can enter camera mode while flying and it won't interrupt your momentum, and most of what spawns aren't very good at hitting moving targets.

Oh, that one is a warm spring breeze compared to the harsh winter of later Delvool challenges. Most of the Nevi are ground-bound, so take a quick snap of the ones that can hurt you, kill them, and then cover the rest until you have the required 5. Use the terrain to block the ranged attacks from the stone-slinging tree -type, if there is one (I can't remember).

Thanks guys! I'll try later. Honestly it was my fault for not clearing the area of the nevis that I already took a pic.

.[/SPOILER]

More or less agree with everything you said. I'm on the camp of story going too anime but that's because I'm not too used to it, considering I don't read any anime.

The last part he stops for a sec then move again, need to time your stasis at that very moment

Hedgey

Maintenance finally over, and my Dusty tokens jump from 1000 to 1500.
Good to be back! Time to clean up some side quests and hit up that plat!

EDIT: Jesus, this is much longer than I'd thought it'd be...

Lots of words that I read.

Honestly I completely agree with Kat being my favorite character now. I don't wanna say ever yet since it's only been a few days since I completed the game, but yeah. I absolutely love her compassion and willingness to help others. It may seem like a one-dimensional thing that normally I would scoff at but the extent to which they develop these traits was astounding. Couple that with her childlike naivety that stems from her being only a few years removed form being an amnesiac and ends up getting her in comical situations and she is just a wonderful, endearing character the likes of which we likely won't see soon.

Raven absolutely deserves her spot on the cover. She's a fantastic co-star to the game and her and Kat have a very interesting friend/rival dynamic.
One moment that stuck out to me was that section when Kat teaches her to mine and Kat is noticeably upset that Raven is so much better than her but Raven let's her win just to see a smile on her face.

I'm gonna say I give it a 9.5/10 for now and i'll revisit once my hype dies down. My only complaints are the camera (which is often not that bad but holy shit episode episode 12) and the tedium of some of the stealth missions. Of course I could complain about the loose ends and the ADHD of the micro narratives in the game but honestly I really like how the game was set up to feel like a day in the lives of these characters that had an overarching plot linking the subplots.

LotusHD

Banned
Honestly I completely agree with Kat being my favorite character now. I don't wanna say ever yet since it's only been a few days since I completed the game, but yeah. I absolutely love her compassion and willingness to help others. It may seem like a one-dimensional thing that normally I would scoff at but the extent to which they develop these traits was astounding. Couple that with her childlike naivety that stems from her being only a few years removed form being an amnesiac and ends up getting her in comical situations and she is just a wonderful, endearing character the likes of which we likely won't see soon.

Raven absolutely deserves her spot on the cover. She's a fantastic co-star to the game and her and Kat have a very interesting friend/rival dynamic.
One moment that stuck out to me was that section when Kat teaches her to mine and Kat is noticeably upset that Raven is so much better than her but Raven let's her win just to see a smile on her face.

I'm gonna say I give it a 9.5/10 for now and i'll revisit once my hype dies down. My only complaints are the camera (which is often not that bad but holy shit episode episode 12) and the tedium of some of the stealth missions. Of course I could complain about the loose ends and the ADHD of the micro narratives in the game but honestly I really like how the game was set up to feel like a day in the lives of these characters that had an overarching plot linking the subplots.

Yes, I loved that side mission. Raven knows that the most important thing is for Kat to keep that smile on her face lol
I also loved when she poked fun at Kat gaining weight when she got Jupiter mode
Also concerning the late-game
It such a great surprise that we got to play as her!

And yea, when reading the reviews, I thought I could ignore the camera issues. But yea, Ch. 12 was when I definitively knew that I could no longer ignore how problematic it can be. As for the loose ends, I want to believe that it's because they want to maybe leave open the possibility of making another game.

Yes, I loved that side mission. Raven knows that the most important thing is for Kat to keep that smile on her face lol
I also loved when she poked fun at Kat gaining weight when she got Jupiter mode
Also concerning the late-game
It such a great surprise that we got to play as her!

And yea, when reading the reviews, I thought I could ignore the camera issues. But yea, Ch. 12 was when I definitively knew that I could no longer ignore how problematic it can be. As for the loose ends, I want to believe that it's because they want to maybe leave open the possibility of making another game.

Imagine how great of a mission episode 12 would have been sans camera issues. The way the narrow corridors are constantly turning different directions and such would have likely made it mind bogglingly great instead of mind bogglingly bad

Baalzebup

You know, I didn't really and actually *listen* to it back when I played the episode itself since I was distracted by everything else going on, but the title song for the episode (late game episode number & name)
24 - All Fires Burn to Ash
is pretty awesome.

maouvin

240 Dusty Tokens for beating three people in a challenge?
What is this madness!?

And 15 just for liking someone's photo! Time to find time to do challenges again.

(Someone posted earlier, there's a DT boost thing that should run until Feb 6/7)

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Finally got the platinum.

Overall it's a vast improvement from the first game but still has a few problems that the original game had, namely the confusing as shit and lacking storyline. There are still many unresolved plot holes the game had.

The platinum is a pain, which kinda soured my experience with the game because gathering 84k gems is a total grind and hunting the giant nevis are completely random and based on real life hours.

What's up with Rare Nevi? Can't find anything online that explains where to find them.
I may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure they're down in the mines. I've only done one but I remember the guy who sends you down into the mines saying something about a Rare Nevi when it unlocked. I went down and beat some big flying Nevi and got a talisman for it.

Milijango

The game's not accepting my pictures of a Saghassi painting (the bottom layer of Lei Elgona). Tried all orientations and distances.

Has anyone had issues with the game recognising photos?

EDIT: Okay, just go back to the main menu. You might also want to delete all of your photos of that painting beforehand.

tsundoku

The last part he stops for a sec then move again, need to time your stasis at that very moment
Except you still have to be a set distance of units away from the dog or he starts moving again in what feels like 0-1 frames, so you have to follow a certain distance behind his next stop and stop preemptively

240 Dusty Tokens for beating three people in a challenge?
What is this madness!?
Yeah they fixed the tokens to finally make a semblance of sense. After finding every single treasure in the game like four times over each and only having 600 tokens to show for it I was getting pretty ornery, All of my challenges are bugged currently into not being able to send out another one because I did them when the servers were offline too.
I gained like 800 tokens from treasure hunts in one day yesterday

tsundoku

The game's not accepting my pictures of a Saghassi painting (the bottom layer of Lei Elgona). Tried all orientations and distances.
Just the JPL landmarks where you usually have to get close enough to cut off most of the landmark to have the thing recognize, It wouldn't take my nicely framed shots of things like the fountain and the demon statue.

I'm pretty sure i've had straight up diagonal and upside down Saghassis accepted, double check your photo log and make sure you're not redoing one that you already did? The Lei Colmonosa hints are abysmal

Baalzebup

There was one poster with the same problem.
Anyone having difficulty getting photos for the collections to register?

I've unlocked all of the collections. I've taken a dozen photos of one of Saghassi's paintings and it's just not working. I don't get it.
Maybe something that was inadvertently introduced with the 1.02 patch? I got mine done a good while ago, so I can't say what it might be beside that.
i'm pretty sure i've had straight up diagonal and upside down Saghassis accepted, double check your photo log and make sure you're not redoing one that you already did? The Lei Colmonosa hints are abysmal
Yeah, I too had a few taken from really wonky angles and they worked ok. And yeah, some of the Lei Colmosna hints are/were a bit fucked. Literally the only area where I had any trouble finding the collectibles based on the hints.

DylanEno

I don't think a full list of patches has been posted, but we can guess they probably fixed a lot of bugs. A few bugs that may or may not have been patched yet:

• Occasional crash returning to mining boat from a mining site.
  • It is possible to go out of bounds and not be able to return to the map on rare occasions. If this occurs, save the game and restart; no progress will be lost.
  • In episode 10,
    if a talisman that decreases attack power is equipped, you may not be able to destroy the jail bars.
  • In episode 12,
    it is possible to break a wall using an unintended method to skip triggering a scripted event, making it impossible to advance without restarting the game.
Also, when I went through the JP site to find information I found the Dusty Token boost lasts until February 7 (unclear what time it ends, assume it ends a day earlier outside of Japan because timezones).

This was answered already, but it means you (temporarily) don't have access to the location of the mission.
The token boost only lasts a week?? Smh

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise

EDIT: Okay, just go back to the main menu. You might also want to delete all of your photos of that painting beforehand.

Just the JPL landmarks where you usually have to get close enough to cut off most of the landmark to have the thing recognize, It wouldn't take my nicely framed shots of things like the fountain and the demon statue.

I'm pretty sure i've had straight up diagonal and upside down Saghassis accepted, double check your photo log and make sure you're not redoing one that you already did? The Lei Colmonosa hints are abysmal

There was one poster with the same problem.

Maybe something that was inadvertently introduced with the 1.02 patch? I got mine done a good while ago, so I can't say what it might be beside that.

Yeah, I too had a few taken from really wonky angles and they worked ok. And yeah, some of the Lei Colmosna hints are/were a bit fucked. Literally the only area where I had any trouble finding the collectibles based on the hints.
Hmm, I'll have to fiddle around again. I found two paintings, neither worked. I haven't had any accepted yet. But I'll try erasing my whole photobook, and trying again.

Haven't had difficulty with the landmarks or portraits, although assuming I found the right place, I couldn't get the water tank to register either.

Edit: I loaded up the save and tried again without deleting any photos, and it worked. *shrug* Not sure what the problem is then, exactly, but a simple reload seemed to fix it.

Good lord, there's more dialogue in the
Training Day II
sidequest than the entire first game and everything in this one combined lol

That was really entertaining actually

Finally done done. Now I have a ton of treasure hunts and challenges to catch up on lol

So are they saving the fate of the Boutoume kids for the Raven DLC?

MikeDown

Banned
One thing i'm dying to have answered is D
urga's fate. We saw her with Kali in Overture, and we are to assume that somehow she picked up some sort of disease during the three years Kat was away? As far as her relation to Cecie am I correct in my understanding that she was able to manifest herself in her because she is compatible in some manor? That whole thing was confusing to me. So am I correct in assuming Durga is still alive, just encased in crystal or did she die along with Brahman and Kali?

Good lord, there's more dialogue in the
Training Day II
sidequest than the entire first game and everything in this one combined lol

That was really entertaining actually
Really had to use my brain with that one, which was actually pretty refreshing and a nice change of pace. Reminded me of the trial scene in KotOR.

Also with the soundtrack, I love this one theme that plays towards the end of the game, really haunting.

ChrisD

Ending spoilers and quick impressions on the end in general

Elektricitie

Freaking
Elektricitie

Whoever came up with that name needs thumped because I couldn't remove my face from my palms.

The entire ending sequence felt like yet another game; Gravity Rush 1 1/2. Really cleared up a lot of the cryptic stuff from the first game. The entire Alua section was cool, but I won't lie, wouldn't have minded a walking speed a biiiit quicker. :p

Raven being imprisoned in chains got an audible gasp from me. After the Alua stuff and the, "this isn't right..." it was a snap back to "reality."

Random thing to notice, but learning that Kat's clothes are actually just like... The bottom layer of an entire Royal Outfit is neat to me.

Final fight gave me goosebumps with all the ravens and panthers running in. Entirely unrelated, but it gave me Pokemon the First Movie vibes with the singing and "reviving" Kat. I loved it.

Ending itself, I am... Torn on. It was great playing Raven in the post-Kat world, but I feel... unfulfilled. Empty. I just wanted to see Kat one more time... ;-; Is she the same? Different from how she left? Was she unaware of who she was again? Knowing that we likely won't see this world again is honestly the biggest suspect to my feelings here though. I'm not really sure how I'd have liked the game to end with that said. Anything super conclusive would have been heartbreaking because it would basically solidify it; GR is over. But leaving things sort of open has me, again, feeling empty in a sense. Like I didn't really have closure.

In the end though, I'm glad this game came out. It's not perfect, far from. There's a lot to actively dislike. But everything comes together, gameplay, world, characters, story, whimsy and charm, to make something I think anyone can enjoy. An excellent game.

Playtime was 31:26.

Edit: Oh yeah, amazing Credits theme. I need it on my iPod. Really wish I could buy it now.

Baalzebup

One thing i'm dying to have answered is D
urga's fate. We saw her with Kali in Overture, and we are to assume that somehow she picked up some sort of disease during the three years Kat was away? As far as her relation to Cecie am I correct in my understanding that she was able to manifest herself in her because she is compatible in some manor? That whole thing was confusing to me. So am I correct in assuming Durga is still alive, just encased in crystal or did she die along with Brahman and Kali?

Really had to use my brain with that one, which was actually pretty refreshing and a nice change of pace. Reminded me of the trial scene in KotOR.

Also with the soundtrack, I love this one theme that plays towards the end of the game, really haunting.
Cecie is Durga. Brahmans daughter is a whole 'nother person, whom he accidentally froze in time when trying to buy time to find a cure for her disease.

Milijango

Cecie is Durga. Brahmans daughter is a whole 'nother person, whom he accidentally froze in time when trying to buy time to find a cure for her disease. Also, the duo at Neu Hiraleion in Ouverture are not Kali and Durga. Heck, the green haired one is a guy.

Durga and Kali are in the Ouverture - the first 30 seconds of it show them
getting discovered by Brahman.

LotusHD

Banned
Ending spoilers and quick impressions on the end in general

Elektricitie

Freaking
Elektricitie

Whoever came up with that name needs thumped because I couldn't remove my face from my palms.

The entire ending sequence felt like yet another game; Gravity Rush 1 1/2. Really cleared up a lot of the cryptic stuff from the first game. The entire Alua section was cool, but I won't lie, wouldn't have minded a walking speed a biiiit quicker. :p

Raven being imprisoned in chains got an audible gasp from me. After the Alua stuff and the, "this isn't right..." it was a snap back to "reality."

Random thing to notice, but learning that Kat's clothes are actually just like... The bottom layer of an entire Royal Outfit is neat to me.

Final fight gave me goosebumps with all the ravens and panthers running in. Entirely unrelated, but it gave me Pokemon the First Movie vibes with the singing and "reviving" Kat. I loved it.

Ending itself, I am... Torn on. It was great playing Raven in the post-Kat world, but I feel... unfulfilled. Empty. I just wanted to see Kat one more time... ;-; Is she the same? Different from how she left? Was she unaware of who she was again? Knowing that we likely won't see this world again is honestly the biggest suspect to my feelings here though. I'm not really sure how I'd have liked the game to end with that said. Anything super conclusive would have been heartbreaking because it would basically solidify it; GR is over. But leaving things sort of open has me, again, feeling empty in a sense. Like I didn't really have closure.

In the end though, I'm glad this game came out. It's not perfect, far from. There's a lot to actively dislike. But everything comes together, gameplay, world, characters, story, whimsy and charm, to make something I think anyone can enjoy. An excellent game.

Playtime was 31:26.

Edit: Oh yeah, amazing Credits theme. I need it on my iPod. Really wish I could buy it now.

My playtime was like 115 hours. I really need to learn to turn my PS4 off more often lmao

Baalzebup

Durga and Kali are in the Ouverture - the first 30 seconds of it show them
getting discovered by Brahman.
Yes? I was rather obviously speaking of the two who fought Raven and Kat in the part B. I did not say anything about Kali and Durga not being in Ouverture.

Milijango

Yes? I was rather obviously speaking of the two who fought Raven and Kat in the part B. I did not say anything about Kali and Durga not being in Ouverture.

You said "Also, the duo at Neu Hiraleion in Ouverture are not Kali and Durga. Heck, the green haired one is a guy", even though the post you quoted never asserted that they were.

ChrisD

My playtime was like 115 hours. I really need to learn to turn my PS4 off more often lmao

My time, according to the game, was actually 41:26. But I subtracted ten hours from it since I noticed the huge number hike on the save file which it occurred on. Figured I played for about three hours that session, yet my time was up thirteen hours over the last file.

Not sure why it happened, as I didn't leave the game itself on. It was in Rest Mode on the Title Screen. I just used "Load Game" from that point to prevent any more number shenanigans.

Baalzebup

You said "Also, the duo at Neu Hiraleion in Ouverture are not Kali and Durga. Heck, the green haired one is a guy", even though the post you quoted never asserted that they were.
Well, you aren't wrong about that, I did misread/understand part of the post, making that part of mine irrelevant, but why try to correct me saying something I did not mention or even hint at? Could've just said that in the first place.

Well, that's one way to end a trench run. A green rare nevi (the tentacled flying projectile-shooting type) spawned and made pretty short work of me. lol

Baalzebup

Well, that's one way to end a trench run. A green rare nevi (the tentacled flying projectile-shooting type) spawned and made pretty short work of me. lol
Yeah, they are pretty damn brutal. All of the green ones are. That version was my first rare one as well and I think I lost about 3/4 of my health bar in one go. Afterwards I just increased the distance and shot a barrage of stone at it 'till it died. Definitely didn't want to risk it in close combat.

Milijango

Well, you aren't wrong about that, I did misread/understand part of the post, making that part of mine irrelevant, but why try to correct me saying something I did not mention or even hint at? Could've just said that in the first place.

I didn't want to say too much because I'm not clear on the exact specifics of the
Durga-Cecie relationship. I was under the impression that they are not the same individual. Cecie is just some random girl who fell into a gravity storm one day, and Durga is the missing orphan who got sick with a crystal disease and Brahman froze her in time. Brahman seeks Cecie because she is compatible with Durga, allowing Durga to take over her body both physically and mentally.

Though I have no idea how Durga overrides Cecie, and why that isn't enough for Brahman, who still wants to go through with his time stop plan.

My first encounter with one of these was pretty funny. I managed to kill it, but I got hit by a stray projectile and lost the rest of my health.

Baalzebup

I didn't want to say too much because I'm not clear on the exact specifics of the
Durga-Cecie relationship. I was under the impression that they are not the same individual. Cecie is just some random girl who fell into a gravity storm one day, and Durga is the missing orphan who got sick with a crystal disease and Brahman froze her in time. Brahman seeks Cecie because she is compatible with Durga, allowing Durga to take over her body both physically and mentally.

Though I have no idea how Durga overrides Cecie, and why that isn't enough for Brahman, who still wants to go through with his time stop plan.
The orphans went missing due to Brahman kidnapping them for his experiments. His daughter falling sick predates all of that. Admittedly Durga could be an implanted personality unto a compatible host, Cecie, but I was left under the impression that it is Cecie/Durgas pod that is seen sucked into the same gravity storm that drags in Kat & co.
Here is Ouverture credits sequence at the 16m mark.

Milijango

The orphans went missing due to Brahman kidnapping them for his experiments. His daughter falling sick predates all of that. Admittedly Durga could be an implanted personality unto a compatible host, Cecie, but I was left under the impression that it is Cecie/Durgas pod that is seen sucked into the same gravity storm that drags in Kat & co.
Here is Ouverture credits sequence at the 16m mark.

Hmm... yeah, okay, that sounds about right.
The use of the word "compatible" is still a bit suspect, and annoyingly Cecie, Durga, and Kali all have different hair colours,
but it still seems to be the best explanation.

The pod exterior in the overture just reads "A-012" (there's other text but the words aren't familiar).

cheesekao

Can someone help me out? I did the flyer handout quest and I think I read the guy saying he'd give me the costume as a reward but I don't have it.

Top Bottom